These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

Monthly Economic Report - February 2016

First post First post
Author
Star Killer14
Core World Imperium
#41 - 2016-03-05 07:38:04 UTC
Thanks for taking the time to do this. I look forward to digging into the graphs more over the weekend.
DmitryEKT
AMMO INC
#42 - 2016-03-05 08:05:02 UTC
CCP, what does 'active ISK delta' mean?
it's -11T, but the end-of-month ISK total is about 10T higher than the begin-of-month.
So, is it that there is more total ISK in game, but less active because of banned accounts / RMT? or what?
Beta Maoye
#43 - 2016-03-05 13:57:27 UTC
Glad to see Quant's work.
Bethan Le Troix
Krusual Investigation Agency
#44 - 2016-03-06 12:52:28 UTC
Very nice to see something along the lines of what the greatly mourned Dr Eyjo produced in the past. I haven't really examined the data but a very swift glance at the mining graph was very interesting.
There is a continual flow of bad news in terms of changes to the game and its associated world such as the recent deletion of the Evelopedia and the removal of the watchlists function. 'We' are 'on hold' presently awaiting reasons to interact further in New Eden even though our subs are still paid up. I have noticed some interesting things such as the new boosters and the science project which has peaked our interest a little. Nevertheless it may well come to pass that we do not renew our subs when they run out at about May time. CCP seem to still be trying to ruin the game which upsets us greatly. Sad
Bethan Le Troix
Krusual Investigation Agency
#45 - 2016-03-06 12:55:08 UTC
DmitryEKT wrote:
CCP, what does 'active ISK delta' mean?
it's -11T, but the end-of-month ISK total is about 10T higher than the begin-of-month.
So, is it that there is more total ISK in game, but less active because of banned accounts / RMT? or what?

It probably refers to people who have loads of resources and ISK but are no longer playing and awaiting improvements etc before they decide to return to New Eden.
Ford Fugger
xXFuggerXx
#46 - 2016-03-06 18:21:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Ford Fugger
The announcement of an increase in broker fees to 5-6% seems a bit strange when looking at the data.

Some assumptions:
1.)
average broker skill is around is around 4
average standing is 5/5 (corp/faction) -> 0,5* standing
--> effective broker fee today 0,4%

2.)
All trades are done in npc stations where broker fees have to be paid

3.)
New broker fee is going to be 5% - (5-6% is planned).

4.) numbers of the report stay equal (which is a huge assumtion since the isk velocity is double what it is normal, but injector trading will stay)

No. 1+2+3+4 will result in a new average broker fee of 2% -> 0,5 standing * (1-4*0,05 broker skill)
So we are talking about a increase to 4 times the current is sink.

With broker fees in the report at 5888 b this would be an increase of 23552 b to 29440 b.

Currently we have a monthly surplus of 11302 b isk (faucets-sinks).

With no other changes, that would result in a new monthly -12250 b isk increase. Deflation would be around the current inflation level of 1,2% p.m or 15,4% p.a.

Although some trade may move to citadels, i doubt it will be mutch - at least in the first couple month. Also not that much to comensate the deflation number.

Wild speculation: Are there some further isk faucets planned?
Ford Fugger
xXFuggerXx
#47 - 2016-03-06 18:44:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Ford Fugger
double
CCP Quant
C C P
C C P Alliance
#48 - 2016-03-07 09:13:02 UTC
DmitryEKT wrote:
CCP, what does 'active ISK delta' mean?
it's -11T, but the end-of-month ISK total is about 10T higher than the begin-of-month.
So, is it that there is more total ISK in game, but less active because of banned accounts / RMT? or what?


It's fancy wording for player accounts lapsing and returning Smile When an account lapses, all the ISK on it leaves the economy and only returns when the account is reactivated.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#49 - 2016-03-07 23:33:25 UTC
CCP Quant wrote:
DmitryEKT wrote:
CCP, what does 'active ISK delta' mean?
it's -11T, but the end-of-month ISK total is about 10T higher than the begin-of-month.
So, is it that there is more total ISK in game, but less active because of banned accounts / RMT? or what?


It's fancy wording for player accounts lapsing and returning Smile When an account lapses, all the ISK on it leaves the economy and only returns when the account is reactivated.


Ah! Then that's what I was asking above! (How much ISK leaves the economy when accounts lapse) Lol

If I understand it, it is the difference between the ISK departing with players and the ISK returning with players?

Baldrick UK
Ironforge Commerce Guild
#50 - 2016-03-09 22:15:22 UTC
There are a few things I can not reconcile (or, most likely, don't understand!)

But I am starting to suspect that the spreadsheet RegionalStats looks inflated, i.e. is the data from the start of time rather than just February?

1) In the raw data, in the spreadsheet ProducedDestroyedMined, if I add up the total "Produced" and "Destroyed" and "Mining.value" for the days in February (so gives me Produced = 83 trillion, Destroyed = 32 trillion, Mining/value = 25 trillion) and then compare it to the Spreadsheet RegionalStats and add up the columns "total.production" (gives 9872 trillion), "total.destroyed" (gives 3041 trillion) and "mining.value" (I get 2164 trillion) then I get completely different numbers.

2) In the raw data, again on the spreadsheet RegionalStats, it does not appear to agree with the images in the post. For example, the raw data has 149.5 trillion mined in The Forge vs 1.6 trillion on the image http://cdn1.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/70094/1/04_-_ad6EdIW.png

CCP Quant
C C P
C C P Alliance
#51 - 2016-03-11 13:26:25 UTC
Baldrick UK wrote:
There are a few things I can not reconcile (or, most likely, don't understand!)

But I am starting to suspect that the spreadsheet RegionalStats looks inflated, i.e. is the data from the start of time rather than just February?

1) In the raw data, in the spreadsheet ProducedDestroyedMined, if I add up the total "Produced" and "Destroyed" and "Mining.value" for the days in February (so gives me Produced = 83 trillion, Destroyed = 32 trillion, Mining/value = 25 trillion) and then compare it to the Spreadsheet RegionalStats and add up the columns "total.production" (gives 9872 trillion), "total.destroyed" (gives 3041 trillion) and "mining.value" (I get 2164 trillion) then I get completely different numbers.

2) In the raw data, again on the spreadsheet RegionalStats, it does not appear to agree with the images in the post. For example, the raw data has 149.5 trillion mined in The Forge vs 1.6 trillion on the image http://cdn1.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/70094/1/04_-_ad6EdIW.png



Ahh good spot there, I aggregated incorrectly from solarsystems to regions, so all the numbers were multiplied by the number of solarsystems in each region!

fixed csv dump
Zoram Khamsi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2016-03-16 02:10:12 UTC
I think this is my first post ever in EVE forums. Very interesting report.

Pardon my english, as it is not my mother toungue. Anyways, as an economist I am extremely interested to know which was the criteria to weight the CPI (not price change weight, but ítems weight in the index), and if we could get the actual weight for each sub-index for the CPI. This is usually done with surveys, but I guess these are not necessary having such an amazing amount of data.

Over time, T1 ships have lost weight in the index, while T1 modules and T2 ships weight has increased. The same for most of the ítems weighted in the index. Why?

Thanks
CCP Quant
C C P
C C P Alliance
#53 - 2016-03-18 01:10:12 UTC
Zoram Khamsi wrote:
I think this is my first post ever in EVE forums. Very interesting report.

Pardon my english, as it is not my mother toungue. Anyways, as an economist I am extremely interested to know which was the criteria to weight the CPI (not price change weight, but ítems weight in the index), and if we could get the actual weight for each sub-index for the CPI. This is usually done with surveys, but I guess these are not necessary having such an amazing amount of data.

Over time, T1 ships have lost weight in the index, while T1 modules and T2 ships weight has increased. The same for most of the ítems weighted in the index. Why?

Thanks


They are not weights in that sense, but simply their trade value over the total trade value in the entire basket. The graph is meant to show what items have the highest trade value in the basket, and thus the highest "weight" Smile hope it makes sense, and your english is perfectly fine Big smile
SaintSoffi
SoffiBank
#54 - 2016-03-18 21:29:23 UTC
NEVER stop making these! I love them!!
Zoram Khamsi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2016-03-27 17:09:34 UTC
CCP Quant wrote:
Zoram Khamsi wrote:
I think this is my first post ever in EVE forums. Very interesting report.

Pardon my english, as it is not my mother toungue. Anyways, as an economist I am extremely interested to know which was the criteria to weight the CPI (not price change weight, but ítems weight in the index), and if we could get the actual weight for each sub-index for the CPI. This is usually done with surveys, but I guess these are not necessary having such an amazing amount of data.

Over time, T1 ships have lost weight in the index, while T1 modules and T2 ships weight has increased. The same for most of the ítems weighted in the index. Why?

Thanks


They are not weights in that sense, but simply their trade value over the total trade value in the entire basket. The graph is meant to show what items have the highest trade value in the basket, and thus the highest "weight" Smile hope it makes sense, and your english is perfectly fine Big smile



Thank you :)
Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#56 - 2016-06-06 15:48:33 UTC
Can we have some retrospective reports? Looks like skill trading changed economics quite a lot (those isk velocity graph!) and we only have 1 data point before this happened - the Vegas presentation.
Pretty please?
Previous page123