These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Eve loses Lead Game Designer ? CCP Scarpia

First post
Author
tiberiusric
Comply Or Die
Fraternity.
#41 - 2016-02-17 16:47:49 UTC
and from his tweet interesring on world of darkness
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news/Paradox-White-Wolf-Publishing/

All my views are my own - never be afraid to post with your main, unless you're going to post some dumb shit

Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Goonswarm Federation
#42 - 2016-02-17 16:59:22 UTC
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#43 - 2016-02-17 17:10:55 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
... (if say the person who bailed was the one dragging it under) and ...
Hilmar
Fozzie
Rise

.. are some interesting names that might be relevant.


matter of opinion, i think eve is in a better place then it has been the past few years, but i think entosiing needs to be looked at again

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Goonswarm Federation
#44 - 2016-02-17 17:12:07 UTC
Salah ad-Din al-Jawahiri
Dreamweb Industries
Novus Ordo.
#45 - 2016-02-17 18:16:30 UTC
So, imagine an excursion visiting Hell, led by a guide. The tourists see a cauldron with a huge-ass lid on it, and secured with massive chains as well. They ask the guide what's inside.
"It's CCP Developers", - answers the guide. - "If one of them slips out, others will follow him".
The groop moves on and sees another cauldron, which has no lid at all. They ask what's inside it.
"EVE players are in this one. We don't worry about them - if one of them finds his way out, the rest of them will drag him back in".

Agent of the New Order

Live by the Code - die by the Code.

The Voice of Highsec

LaNague
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2016-02-17 19:14:39 UTC
well, at a certain level its good for you to change jobs, good for money and you dont want to be stuck with the same project all career.

I know guys that are stuck working on like 3 lamps all their life or 1 drill designed in 1990.



Pretty normal that people leave companies, even healthy ones....
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#47 - 2016-02-17 19:50:29 UTC
Considering how Virtual reality hyped recently, it would have been even obvious he would return to the thing he have done before working in CCP. Few years, and he will be back to CCP? Twisted
Atomic Virulent
Dark Matter Industrial
#48 - 2016-02-18 02:56:28 UTC
Eve had a LEAD game-designer?

God help us now that the bench-warmers are taking over.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#49 - 2016-02-27 07:43:44 UTC
Quote:
Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.


http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2014/05/fly-safe.html?showComment=1399734625841#c7428948261419244550

Ytterbium will be down after Citadels are released in March, and Foxfour will quit in June.

I am kinda expecting the "Hi, I am the new guy taking X's role" posts of their replacements. Lol
helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#50 - 2016-02-27 08:00:42 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Quote:
Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.


http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2014/05/fly-safe.html?showComment=1399734625841#c7428948261419244550

Ytterbium will be down after Citadels are released in March, and Foxfour will quit in June.

I am kinda expecting the "Hi, I am the new guy taking X's role" posts of their replacements. Lol


and your evidence of this is .....

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Goonswarm Federation
#51 - 2016-02-27 09:24:31 UTC
CCP Falcon
#52 - 2016-02-27 12:43:18 UTC
S'Way wrote:
...or maybe let Falcon have a go at the job.


hahaha... not a chance.

1. I'm not a game designer.
2. I'd turn EVE into the most vicious, unforgiving thing in existence, which is why I'm not a game designer. P


On a more serious note, CCP Scarpia just decided it was time to move on and try something new after a very long time with CCP working on various projects.

We'll all miss him, but sometimes it's just time for a change of scenery and a fresh challenge, and we wish him all the best.

He literally works just down the road, because :Iceland:, so we still get to see him all the time!

Big smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

u3pog
Ministerstvo na otbranata
#53 - 2016-02-27 12:50:47 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
S'Way wrote:
...or maybe let Falcon have a go at the job.


hahaha... not a chance.

1. I'm not a game designer.
2. I'd turn EVE into the most vicious, unforgiving thing in existence, which is why I'm not a game designer. P


On a more serious note, CCP Scarpia just decided it was time to move on and try something new after a very long time with CCP working on various projects.

We'll all miss him, but sometimes it's just time for a change of scenery and a fresh challenge, and we wish him all the best.

He literally works just down the road, because :Iceland:, so we still get to see him all the time!

Big smile



I wanna work in Iceland! Maybe at CCP? Big smile I like it clean, tidy and quiet. I imagine Iceland to be such place.

Best of luck to CCP Scarpia.
Krevnos
Back Door Burglars
#54 - 2016-02-27 13:25:40 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
S'Way wrote:
...or maybe let Falcon have a go at the job.


2. I'd turn EVE into the most vicious, unforgiving thing in existence, which is why I'm not a game designer. P



Sounds good to me!
Mysa
EVIL PLANKTON
#55 - 2016-02-27 14:18:59 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
S'Way wrote:
...or maybe let Falcon have a go at the job.


hahaha... not a chance.

1. I'm not a game designer.
2. I'd turn EVE into the most vicious, unforgiving thing in existence, which is why I'm not a game designer. P


On a more serious note, CCP Scarpia just decided it was time to move on and try something new after a very long time with CCP working on various projects.

We'll all miss him, but sometimes it's just time for a change of scenery and a fresh challenge, and we wish him all the best.

He literally works just down the road, because :Iceland:, so we still get to see him all the time!

Big smile



What you have roads, like dirt or pavement ?!?!? Why wasnt i informed..
Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#56 - 2016-02-27 15:23:06 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
2. I'd turn EVE into the most vicious, unforgiving thing in existence, which is why I'm not a game designer. P


Oh god, please apply. That's the best possible qualification.
Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#57 - 2016-02-27 16:20:15 UTC
Masao Kurata wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
2. I'd turn EVE into the most vicious, unforgiving thing in existence, which is why I'm not a game designer. P


Oh god, please apply. That's the best possible qualification.


Makes you think, if that rules you out as a game designer then no wonder eve has made such a shift from it's roots.

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

Deck Cadelanne
CAStabouts
#58 - 2016-02-27 16:51:23 UTC
CCP = software company = devs are hired, devs leave, rinse, repeat...but these threads every time a dev leaves the company...

Are EVE players more susceptible to apophenia than your average individual or something?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn professional."

- Hunter S. Thompson

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#59 - 2016-02-27 17:12:14 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
2. I'd turn EVE into the most vicious, unforgiving thing in existence, which is why I'm not a game designer. P

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Jeaile
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2016-02-28 13:12:54 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
... (if say the person who bailed was the one dragging it under) and ...
Hilmar
Fozzie
Rise

.. are some interesting names that might be relevant.


Why the **** are you always so negative???

Removing people like you from the game would be better for it's health than any of the names you mentioned