These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New dev blog: Little improvements: Making the world a little better pt.2

First post First post
Author
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#21 - 2012-01-11 16:05:40 UTC
Rixiu wrote:
Chat in eve-gate? c/d?


voice chat! - hence the "speaking" and "mute" colors

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Ichuki
Polestar Industry and Exploration
#22 - 2012-01-11 16:05:57 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
[

It's just voice chat, should maybe have made that clearer in the picture Smile

Only CCP is blue in chat, sorry Blink


Hah, yes, I fail at reading! I see it says voice chat icons now.

Shame about the blue being only for CCP, but thank you for your prompt reply Big smile
Orakkus
Southern Cross Monopoly
Flying Dangerous
#23 - 2012-01-11 16:06:54 UTC
I almost cried with joy when I saw the change made to the watchlist..

You have made every logi pilot's "Bestest Devs Evar!" list.

He's not just famous, he's "IN" famous. - Ned Nederlander

Riffix
Synergistic Arbitrage
#24 - 2012-01-11 16:07:57 UTC
These are some great changes and they really make me happy, keep up the good work!

Couple things though:

Question: How can someone be blocked but neither online or offline?


Also, since your making changes that affect the local view, I'm just going to go out and say what I think many would really like that would be most helpful in local, counts of how many pilots of each standing type.

Even with the compact view, if you are in a fleet of 100 and you jump into a system with 175 reds you have to do some scrolling and tallying to figure out even whether you might want to run or fight. But this is precious time you might not have and it would be really helpful to know that immediately.

Lead, Follow, or Get the #@$!@ Out of the Way.

Neo Agricola
Sleeper Protocol
#25 - 2012-01-11 16:09:04 UTC
Quote:
You will obviously never see the offline icon in chat but you will see it in your contacts list.


Since when?

I do have offline Chat Icons a lot... sometimes I had it even as the Char was online...

DISSONANCE is recruiting Members: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=706442#post706442 Black-Mark Alliance Recruitment: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6710

Gustav Mannfred
Summer of Mumuit
Remember Mumuit
#26 - 2012-01-11 16:09:52 UTC
nice stuff, Sadbut im missing the old weapontowers REALY Sad, can you please bring it back again?

In features and idea disscussin there is an thread about it :)

i'm REALY miss the old stuff. 

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=24183

Raid'En
#27 - 2012-01-11 16:10:08 UTC
i like the Compact member list in chat, will help a lot for local as you said :)
the watchlist thing is cool also
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#28 - 2012-01-11 16:11:31 UTC
Riffix wrote:
These are some great changes and they really make me happy, keep up the good work!

Couple things though:

Question: How can someone be blocked but neither online or offline?


When you add someone to your contacts, you can select to add them to your watchlist (which then makes the notifiaction pop up when that person logs in or logs out). If you don't do that, and block him, you can't see if he's online/offline but you can see with the white icon that he's blocked.

Riffix wrote:
Also, since your making changes that affect the local view, I'm just going to go out and say what I think many would really like that would be most helpful in local, counts of how many pilots of each standing type.

Even with the compact view, if you are in a fleet of 100 and you jump into a system with 175 reds you have to do some scrolling and tallying to figure out even whether you might want to run or fight. But this is precious time you might not have and it would be really helpful to know that immediately.


But SOMEBODY has to have the role of counting those people in a fleet right?? Blink

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#29 - 2012-01-11 16:12:17 UTC
Orakkus wrote:
I almost cried with joy when I saw the change made to the watchlist..

You have made every logi pilot's "Bestest Devs Evar!" list.


<3 Cool

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Unforgiven Storm
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2012-01-11 16:13:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Unforgiven Storm
Compact Member list is awesome. Big smile

Now please put a standings filter in Local window Member List to make this feature MEGA AWESOME! Cool

Unforgiven Storm for CSM 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. (If I don't get in in the next 5 years I will quit trying) :-)

Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-01-11 16:14:34 UTC
This blog is total win. CCP Punkturis best Punkturis.

Also - CCP Svarthol told a blonde joke, c/d? Blink
Damhest
Monkey Attack Squad
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2012-01-11 16:17:20 UTC
Just three words.
You. Are. Awesome.
It's nice to see that such small things bring so much joy. More than some really big things. I mean, REALLY big. Big, like, Tech 2 Supercapitals... or Ubercapitals (1000% the size of a Titan)... The things that make you say "Hey, wait! What's this junkyard that is occluding my outpost? Why can't i zoom out farther& Oh... Right... Matar Deathstar... Someone bring a salvager, please?" and then "Well, at least i can see my local".
Zagdul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2012-01-11 16:18:15 UTC
Look mom! I'm famous.

Dual Pane idea: Click!

CCP Please Implement

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#34 - 2012-01-11 16:19:55 UTC
Ifly Uwalk wrote:
This blog is total win. CCP Punkturis best Punkturis.

Also - CCP Svarthol told a blonde joke, c/d? Blink



oh he knows why he's blocked!

(or he might be a victim of me just doing random things to make the screenshot look nice Blink)

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-01-11 16:20:48 UTC
Rarely have we seen so much awesome packed into one devblog. All hail Punkturis! Big smile

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#36 - 2012-01-11 16:25:50 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:

Riffix wrote:
Also, since your making changes that affect the local view, I'm just going to go out and say what I think many would really like that would be most helpful in local, counts of how many pilots of each standing type.

Even with the compact view, if you are in a fleet of 100 and you jump into a system with 175 reds you have to do some scrolling and tallying to figure out even whether you might want to run or fight. But this is precious time you might not have and it would be really helpful to know that immediately.


But SOMEBODY has to have the role of counting those people in a fleet right?? Blink



Nobody wants to be that guy though. If you're against showing the exact numbers, how about the ability to sort the list by standings and the ability to choose what gets shown on the top. I know you'll hear endless complaints about local, but if local is the issue then fix local. Don't hold back UI development and usability improvements because of it.
jonnykefka
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#37 - 2012-01-11 16:26:03 UTC  |  Edited by: jonnykefka
1. All good stuff. Both the watchlist and the overheating changes will improve my logi-your-butt-back-from-on-fire experience.

2. With regard to the shift-click to overheat, will it work on the icons that indicate that you have an active module on a given target? For example, could I shift-click the RR module icon next to a target portrait to overheat that repper, or do I have to shift-click the button? I'm assuming the latter, but the former would also be really nice for a future iteration :D
Takeshi Yamato
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2012-01-11 16:29:19 UTC
Shift click overload is my favorite feature of this patch. After playing on SiSi for a bit I constantly find myself trying to shift click overload on Tranquility.

PS: any chance to make the "overload queued" effect more visible? A more intense green and faster fading in and out maybe?
Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#39 - 2012-01-11 16:31:09 UTC
So will I be able to hide my lvl 5 skills?

I'm so awesome they make browsing skills annoying.

Nyan

Cryten Jones
Advantage Inc
#40 - 2012-01-11 16:31:15 UTC
Looking good guys.

Would it be possible allow us to share the blocked pilots from when you right click > block people? I am thinking being able to export/import these between corp members for 'ignore Jita scammers' list :-)

xml export like the overview would be fine

Keep up the good work :-)

-CJ