These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

First Maxed Eve account.

First post
Author
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#261 - 2016-02-15 14:44:21 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Removed an off topic post.

Also, the Polaris frigate is unable to shoot anything and has no fitting slots. Well it's got one mid depending on the variant, but it's not an offensive ship.


but for 1000aurum we could surely have a highslot fitted, then multiples can be added for more aurum, the possibilities are endless if ccp really wanted to go p2w

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Jenshae Chiroptera
#262 - 2016-02-15 14:45:05 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
What really is different now?
Same page.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#263 - 2016-02-15 14:47:25 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
What really is different now?
Same page.


So SP farm is your point?

Ever heard of character farms?

That was done before you know...
Jenshae Chiroptera
#264 - 2016-02-15 14:48:47 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
So SP farm is your point?
That was done before you know...
History
Time
Public information.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#265 - 2016-02-15 14:51:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
So SP farm is your point?
That was done before you know...
History
Time
Public information.

Meh. If it is not in your Bio or on forums, its nowhere.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#266 - 2016-02-15 14:56:32 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
... If it is not in your Bio ... its nowhere.
Could it be? Are you starting to get it?
"Know thy enemy" has flown out the window.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

stg slate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#267 - 2016-02-15 14:56:34 UTC
Its sad all those SP got used by a RMT group that will probably go the way of Somer Blink within the next few months.
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#268 - 2016-02-15 15:00:27 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
... If it is not in your Bio ... its nowhere.
Could it be? Are you starting to get it?
"Know thy enemy" has flown out the window.


Less free intel because the character could be something entirely different than he was before. That's bad for the game?
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#269 - 2016-02-15 15:04:02 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
... If it is not in your Bio ... its nowhere.
Could it be? Are you starting to get it?
"Know thy enemy" has flown out the window.

You are about to be prepared. Its not about the convenience of knowledge. Its about surprise. Cool
Avvy
Doomheim
#270 - 2016-02-15 15:06:13 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
... If it is not in your Bio ... its nowhere.
Could it be? Are you starting to get it?
"Know thy enemy" has flown out the window.


Less free intel because the character could be something entirely different than he was before. That's bad for the game?



That's actually good for the game.

People keep talking about risk, but they try to avoid it by knowing what their target has. Now they will have to take a chance.
embrel
BamBam Inc.
#271 - 2016-02-15 15:15:31 UTC
PsiMin wrote:
Lathael wrote:
This destroys a lot for me. Ouch.

Can someone do the math for me and tell me how much that costs?

Thx in advance *sigh*



around 1.8trillon isk you can have a maxed char, CCP has destroyed this game as its now P2W, if you have the isk you can have max chars


you win Eve when your character is maxed?
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#272 - 2016-02-15 15:16:18 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
So SP farm is your point?
That was done before you know...
History
Time
Public information.


#1 Eff who ever is responsible for SP trading at CCP for they are also responsible for making me aggree with Jenshae Chiroptera.

#2. SP trading is far worse than the character bazaar for more than just history, time, and public information. There is also finality.

I've sold 4 characters in my time in EVE. I was fine with 3 of them but I grew to regret one of them. I had something of an attachment to that character but I sold it because it was worth alot and I already had 4 other characters that could do the same things, and I wanted the isk to speed up some lvl 5 mission experiments I was conducting.

When i sold it, it was gone. NOW no such thing has to happen. You can drain a character of it's SP, and if you come to regret doing that, all you need to do is retrain it. All it cost you was a bit of time.
CCP took something that was almost irreversible (I say almost because theoretically you could by the character back, but the owner would have to be willing to sell which might not be the case) and turned it into a renewable resource. Already, the alts I drained are training new SP for me to sell.

In a way, they have replicated their Cosmic Anomaly mistake of 2009. For Dominion CCP took cosmic anomalies (which were minor easy to find encounters that could escalate to complexes) and made them the center of the system upgrade scheme. Instantly they proved to be bad for the economy leading to a series of nerfs then buffs then nerfs that have left them in their current state. It was a mistake, anoms were never built for that, so now we have this 20 trillion isk per month afkable nightmare situation that totally Fs up the EVE economy in several ways.
Avvy
Doomheim
#273 - 2016-02-15 15:16:35 UTC
embrel wrote:
PsiMin wrote:
Lathael wrote:
This destroys a lot for me. Ouch.

Can someone do the math for me and tell me how much that costs?

Thx in advance *sigh*



around 1.8trillon isk you can have a maxed char, CCP has destroyed this game as its now P2W, if you have the isk you can have max chars


you win Eve when your character is maxed?



Only if that is the goal you set yourself.
Avvy
Doomheim
#274 - 2016-02-15 15:28:44 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:



I've sold 4 characters in my time in EVE. I was fine with 3 of them but I grew to regret one of them. I had something of an attachment to that character but I sold it because it was worth alot and I already had 4 other characters that could do the same things, and I wanted the isk to speed up some lvl 5 mission experiments I was conducting.

When i sold it, it was gone. NOW no such thing has to happen. You can drain a character of it's SP, and if you come to regret doing that, all you need to do is retrain it. All it cost you was a bit of time.
CCP took something that was almost irreversible (I say almost because theoretically you could by the character back, but the owner would have to be willing to sell which might not be the case) and turned it into a renewable resource. Already, the alts I drained are training new SP for me to sell.



My old characters are in Doomheim, it seems a bad move now as I could of used the isk and extracted the sp for this one. But I don't really regret it as for me at the time I decided it was the right thing to do.

You sold a character and you regretted it, what's that got to do with your present character?

Are your characters like employees and you are playing at being their manager? And regret letting a good employee go?

You're talking about how you feel outside of the game, those kind of concequences don't matter in-game.
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#275 - 2016-02-15 15:45:35 UTC
Avvy wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:



I've sold 4 characters in my time in EVE. I was fine with 3 of them but I grew to regret one of them. I had something of an attachment to that character but I sold it because it was worth alot and I already had 4 other characters that could do the same things, and I wanted the isk to speed up some lvl 5 mission experiments I was conducting.

When i sold it, it was gone. NOW no such thing has to happen. You can drain a character of it's SP, and if you come to regret doing that, all you need to do is retrain it. All it cost you was a bit of time.
CCP took something that was almost irreversible (I say almost because theoretically you could by the character back, but the owner would have to be willing to sell which might not be the case) and turned it into a renewable resource. Already, the alts I drained are training new SP for me to sell.



My old characters are in Doomheim, it seems a bad move now as I could of used the isk and extracted the sp for this one. But I don't really regret it as for me at the time I decided it was the right thing to do.

You sold a character and you regretted it, what's that got to do with your present character?

Are your characters like employees and you are playing at being their manager? And regret letting a good employee go?

You're talking about how you feel outside of the game, those kind of concequences don't matter in-game.


This is one of those moments where you realize that any reply (beyond this one sentence) would be wasted effort.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#276 - 2016-02-15 15:52:08 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
... If it is not in your Bio ... its nowhere.
Could it be? Are you starting to get it?
"Know thy enemy" has flown out the window.
Less free intel because the character could be something entirely different than he was before. That's bad for the game?
Most of the players hide at the end of Null Sec pockets / pipes or in High Sec because they are risk adverse.
By the nature of people; yes, it is bad for the game.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Avvy
Doomheim
#277 - 2016-02-15 15:58:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Avvy
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
... If it is not in your Bio ... its nowhere.
Could it be? Are you starting to get it?
"Know thy enemy" has flown out the window.
Less free intel because the character could be something entirely different than he was before. That's bad for the game?
Most of the players hide at the end of Null Sec pockets / pipes or in High Sec because they are risk adverse.
By the nature of people; yes, it is bad for the game.



Do I understand you right you target those hiding? They would be hiding for a reason and if it's because they are easy targets then who's actually being risk adverse?


Edit:

But anyway, we are starting to move away from the topic of this thread.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#278 - 2016-02-15 16:01:10 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
So when this guy is primaried and podded again and again just because....that will mean what?

Keep in mind this player has spent the equivalent of $30,000 to get his 1 character to maxe in everything, but he'll die again and again to a small gang of characters with 1/10th his SP.

Unless he gangs up he is going to be everyone's favorite target.



I don't know. Does he ever undock?

I don't mind him (or me if it was me) becoming New Eden's Most Wanted. That would be a kind of fun list to be on.


If he never undocks...who cares?

So he has a maxed trade alt...who doesn't? P

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#279 - 2016-02-15 16:04:24 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:


This is one of those moments where you realize that any reply (beyond this one sentence) would be wasted effort.


Your story about being sad about a traded character was a waste of effort.
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#280 - 2016-02-15 16:07:05 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
So when this guy is primaried and podded again and again just because....that will mean what?

Keep in mind this player has spent the equivalent of $30,000 to get his 1 character to maxe in everything, but he'll die again and again to a small gang of characters with 1/10th his SP.

Unless he gangs up he is going to be everyone's favorite target.



I don't know. Does he ever undock?

I don't mind him (or me if it was me) becoming New Eden's Most Wanted. That would be a kind of fun list to be on.


If he never undocks...who cares?

So he has a maxed trade alt...who doesn't? P


Even if he does undock. He can fly any ship. Big deal. If you buy alts from the bazaar, you as a player can also do the exact same thing. The number of SP a single ship can use is limited anyway and require nowhere near the actual cap. Meanwhile, if you did it with multiple character, you can undock 2 ships at the same time while he can't because he's a single capsuler.