These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

☼ Sullen Decimus for CSM XI ☼

Author
Sullen Decimus
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#1 - 2016-01-16 02:18:46 UTC
Welcome to the CSM XI campaign page of Sullen Decimus.

Who am I?

I am an avid Eve player involved in a very broad spectrum of game play since 2012. I have participated in virtually all forms of PVP/PVE in all levels of security space including wormholes. In a few years, I have twice earned the title of director -- in two different corporations with entirely different forms of game play. I’m a director in Polaris Rising, a member of The Bastion null sec alliance holding sovereignty in Vale of the Silent. We participate in a vast variety of activities from large scale battles to small roams at the corporate level, the SIG level, the alliance level, and the coalition level. I have led large scale fleets and faced other null sec entities, several times outmatched and/or outnumbered.

I also remain active in a mid-sized, 5-year old wormhole corporation living in C2s through C5s which I was a part of before null sec. This has a different lifestyle from null sec sov and I still hold a directorship, occasionally live-streaming my wormhole adventures.

Although not directly related, I am also the CEO of one of the few remaining active Dust 514 corporations, furthering my investment in a broad range of activities throughout New Eden.

In real life, I am an engineer with a security clearance that has worked on virtually every aircraft the U.S. Navy operates. I currently work on the A-10 jet for the U.S. Air Force. That being said, if you met me in Vegas you would know that I like my rum and coke, parties and clubs so I thoroughly enjoy socializing.

Why should you vote for me?

Unlike many players I am heavily invested in multiple disciplines. I feel the vast majority of candidates are campaigning for a single form of game play in New Eden. In my opinion this is detrimental to progression as they will have a natural bias for their goals. The individual systems also need to work well together. The diversity of game play is important - not just to prevent boredom but also burnout. I’m prepared to advocate for a number of different game play activities and styles at the same time.

I also would like to change the face of the CSM as I am not a member of the “old guard” which has been prevalent for years. I was at the famous battles for Fountain and B-R5RB, however not in a capital ship so my experiences and memories are vastly different than some of the older members. I do not have the goal of trying to return to old, but rather how to better the future.

In recent years there has been a very real deterioration in the CSM-CCP relationship. Two factors contributing to this are a lack of trust from CCP and lofty expectations of CSM members - pushing their agendas to the breaking point. As an engineer I am very familiar with not only realistic expectations but also confidentiality of sensitive material. One of my goals would be to mend this relationship so that the CSM can again be a relevant contributor to the game we all love and play.


CSM XI Member

Twitter: Sullen_Decimus

Tweetfleet: @sullen_decimus

Sullen Decimus
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#2 - 2016-01-16 02:19:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Sullen Decimus
Contact Information

Twitter

Twitch

Reddit


Interviews and Appearances

CapStable

EVE Guardian

The Open Comms Show (guest)

CSM XI Member

Twitter: Sullen_Decimus

Tweetfleet: @sullen_decimus

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#3 - 2016-01-16 02:43:31 UTC
Ooooooooh, and he's so sexy too.

I am gonna cast my first-ever CSM vote, for SD.

I guess I am almost a 'vet' by now. Hopefully not too bitter and managing to help more than I hinder. I build and sell many things, including large collections of bookmarks.

Cartras Vokan
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#4 - 2016-01-16 02:52:06 UTC
I approve.
cannahbro
Deadspace Knights
#5 - 2016-01-16 23:52:16 UTC
200% Naga
cannahbro
Deadspace Knights
#6 - 2016-01-17 00:21:41 UTC
Naga?
waghez pig
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#7 - 2016-01-19 14:52:41 UTC
Sullen Decimus wrote:
Welcome to the CSM XI campaign page of Sullen Decimus.

Who am I?

I am an avid Eve player involved in a very broad spectrum of game play since 2012. I have participated in virtually all forms of PVP/PVE in all levels of security space including wormholes. In a few years, I have twice earned the title of director -- in two different corporations with entirely different forms of game play. I’m a director in Polaris Rising, a member of The Bastion null sec alliance holding sovereignty in Vale of the Silent. We participate in a vast variety of activities from large scale battles to small roams at the corporate level, the SIG level, the alliance level, and the coalition level. I have led large scale fleets and faced other null sec entities, several times outmatched and/or outnumbered.

I also remain active in a mid-sized, 5-year old wormhole corporation living in C2s through C5s which I was a part of before null sec. This has a different lifestyle from null sec sov and I still hold a directorship, occasionally live-streaming my wormhole adventures.

Although not directly related, I am also the CEO of one of the few remaining active Dust 514 corporations, furthering my investment in a broad range of activities throughout New Eden.

In real life, I am an engineer with a security clearance that has worked on virtually every aircraft the U.S. Navy operates. I currently work on the A-10 jet for the U.S. Air Force. That being said, if you met me in Vegas you would know that I like my rum and coke, parties and clubs so I thoroughly enjoy socializing.

Why should you vote for me?

Unlike many players I am heavily invested in multiple disciplines. I feel the vast majority of candidates are campaigning for a single form of game play in New Eden. In my opinion this is detrimental to progression as they will have a natural bias for their goals. The individual systems also need to work well together. The diversity of game play is important - not just to prevent boredom but also burnout. I’m prepared to advocate for a number of different game play activities and styles at the same time.

I also would like to change the face of the CSM as I am not a member of the “old guard” which has been prevalent for years. I was at the famous battles for Fountain and B-R5RB, however not in a capital ship so my experiences and memories are vastly different than some of the older members. I do not have the goal of trying to return to old, but rather how to better the future.

In recent years there has been a very real deterioration in the CSM-CCP relationship. Two factors contributing to this are a lack of trust from CCP and lofty expectations of CSM members - pushing their agendas to the breaking point. As an engineer I am very familiar with not only realistic expectations but also confidentiality of sensitive material. One of my goals would be to mend this relationship so that the CSM can again be a relevant contributor to the game we all love and play.




Yellow Discipline?
Sullen Decimus
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#8 - 2016-01-19 17:23:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Sullen Decimus
waghez pig wrote:

Yellow Discipline?


I don't think R-Kelly would appreciate me taking his 'move'. Big smile

CSM XI Member

Twitter: Sullen_Decimus

Tweetfleet: @sullen_decimus

Sullen Decimus
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#9 - 2016-01-19 21:23:20 UTC
I would like to encourage people to please post any questions you may have in this thread. I am seeing many people viewing but no comments being made. The more difficult the question the better. If I have to actually think about the response you are doing a good job as a voter. I look forward to the challenge.

CSM XI Member

Twitter: Sullen_Decimus

Tweetfleet: @sullen_decimus

Matt Tenenbaum
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2016-01-20 01:00:27 UTC
Have you ever participated in incursions? How do you feel about the money generated/ how many players actually run them?
Sullen Decimus
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#11 - 2016-01-20 21:17:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Sullen Decimus
Matt Tenenbaum wrote:
Have you ever participated in incursions? How do you feel about the money generated/ how many players actually run them?


Yes I have actually participated in incursions both in highsec and in null sec. Personally I feel these are rather broken for the simple reason that they don't match up well with CCP's philosophy of risk vs. reward.

To begin with null sec incursions don't pay out NEARLY well enough considering what a pain in the ass they are to run. For starters the rats will scram and kill you easily on gates which doesn't happen in highsec. So even joining an incursion fleet in progress can be dangerous. They also can't be run with the efficiency of highsec incursions simply due to the likelyhood of being ganked. There is nothing your enemy would love more than to catch an HQ fleet off guard.

Highsec incursions pay out extraordinarily well despite the relative safety of running them. I think this partially because the incursions are always scripted and we as eve players are VERY good at 'learning the game' when it comes to PVE activities. I highly doubt when CCP envisioned them that they planned on HQ sites being run in under 10 min a site.

Also CCP originally envisioned a PVP aspect in the PVE environment with the concept of contesting sites for who would get the reward. While contests do happen, most of the major incursion groups have non-compete agreements among themselves so that everyone can maximize income. The end result is that not many can even come close to the necessary dps to contest sites and other than when there is incursion drama between the major groups it isn't as common of occurrence as originally expected.

On top of this the lower end incursions (non-hq) require substantially more isk investment per ship than the HQ sites. Sure people bling out vindicators to the point of absurdity but the fact is you can still take a t1 battleship with barely over t2 mods fitted and make good money with a decent incursion group. Lower level incursions aren't even worth the time for the most part unless you have high value (and VERY specific) t3 cruiser's.

the lowest level of incursions barely (and sometimes don't) even make the hourly equivalent someone could do if they just ran solo level 4 missions.

So to answer your question. THEY NEED A LOT OF WORK!

CSM XI Member

Twitter: Sullen_Decimus

Tweetfleet: @sullen_decimus

Vic Jefferson
ElitistOps
Pandemic Legion
#12 - 2016-01-20 21:21:29 UTC
How do you feel about being a CFC pet, and thereby willfully contributing to the stagnation of nullsec?

Have you ever been part of an alliance that was strong and independent, or do you think monolithic mega-colations are good for the game?

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Sullen Decimus
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#13 - 2016-01-20 21:38:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Sullen Decimus
Vic Jefferson wrote:
How do you feel about being a CFC pet, and thereby willfully contributing to the stagnation of nullsec?

Have you ever been part of an alliance that was strong and independent, or do you think monolithic mega-colations are good for the game?


I was wondering when someone would ask a question like that so thank you for getting it out there. I do not consider myself, my corp, or my alliance a CFC pet. Especially when we have our own doctrines, FC's, and character from other alliances. If anything regardless of coalition standings, any status of 'pet' for an alliance was killed with phoebe. Will we form up for coalition doctrines? Yes. However gone are the days when an alliance could call a fleet and within 10 min have every alliance they are blue with at their battle call. Strategic battles planned in advance are still a thing but jumping to a fleet while accruing 5 days of jump fatigue isn't useful to any fleet.

As to your question to whether or not coalitions are good or bad thing I say they are neither. They are simply a product of game mechanics presented to us. If coalitions are to fight each other then there needs to be reasons. Currently CCP hasn't given the coalitions a good reason to actually fight each other and little reason to not be a member of one. In fact some could argue Phoebe actually ENCOURAGED mega block coalitions since logistically many regions would be completely inaccessible without having blue status to at least one or two other alliances. I don't think coalitions are good or bad. they're simply a product of the game mechanics presented. This is obvious by the fact that the large majority of nullsec alliances are in some form of coalition . If you want that to change CCP is the only one with the power to do so. Simply asking alliances not to be in a coalition for 'honor' is no different than telling an athlete that he is working out too much and that he should tone back so that his competition can catch up.

CSM XI Member

Twitter: Sullen_Decimus

Tweetfleet: @sullen_decimus

Vic Jefferson
ElitistOps
Pandemic Legion
#14 - 2016-01-20 22:54:38 UTC
Sullen Decimus wrote:
I do not consider myself, my corp, or my alliance a CFC pet. Especially when we have our own doctrines, FC's, and character from other alliances.


You still are blue to them, and aid and abet their bloated empire and stagnation. From that perspective, you are a pet, and alliances like yours are enablers for the Imperium's status quo to remain unchanged and unchallenged. Your culture is pathetic, as you either willingly chose to exist as a vassal state, or could not actually stand on your own - either is a disgrace in my opinion, as both make New Eden a more boring place.

Sullen Decimus wrote:

They are simply a product of game mechanics presented to us.


I'm not sure if you really believe that, are using it as a propaganda answer to feign responsibility for it, or are just ignorant.

Content Ring was a thing - literally the poster child of how good AegisSov could be. Every other constellation had a different alliance in it, and the area hummed with activity and content. Gangs came from far and wide to bask in the spectacle that was Content Ring, alliances brimmed with newbros to train in the fiery crucible of constant battle. It literally was an amazing place, rival only to the Barleguet of yesteryear. All of that changed when the CFC could not stand Content Ring for multiple reasons; it destroyed their narrative of AegisSov being rubbish, CFC players and corps were questioning their own leaderships permanent trade of stagnation for security when they saw how fun Sov could be if people embraced it rather than fought it, and the desire to have Cloud Ring as another quiet buffer region for their sov holdings. Content Ring is a reminder to New Eden that the CFC does not want, and has never wanted fun in this game. They will not tolerate it in any form and will burn it to the ground.

The South and South-West hum with content, small alliances, and activity. These mechanics you speak of only seem to exist when pontificated to you from on high from other players, either by your puppet alliance leadership, or the leadership controlling them. Basically there are plenty of entities that choose to exist, even prosper, outside of mega-coalitions. Just the fact that they do exist invalidates the argument that mega-coalitions are the natural conclusion to the game mechanics as they are. To blame the mechanics entirely while completely failing to account for the role of politics holding together the CFC is to be at best horribly myopic, and at worst, a dishonest charlatan intent on ruling through deceit and misrepresentation.

We already know who speaks for the coalitions. Who will speak then, for the players?

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Sullen Decimus
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#15 - 2016-01-21 00:43:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Sullen Decimus
Vic Jefferson wrote:


You still are blue to them, and aid and abet their bloated empire and stagnation. From that perspective, you are a pet, and alliances like yours are enablers for the Imperium's status quo to remain unchanged and unchallenged. Your culture is pathetic, as you either willingly chose to exist as a vassal state, or could not actually stand on your own - either is a disgrace in my opinion, as both make New Eden a more boring place.



By your justification ANY corporation who is 'blue' status to ANY other corp, alliance etc. clearly is nothing more than a puppet state of the other. If you fail to see how ignorant this argument is then there is nothing more I can say because you are hiding behind a blanket argument. By your argument clearly we should just disband NATO on the basis it's pathetic countries aren't willing to protect themselves alone against all.


Vic Jefferson wrote:

Basically there are plenty of entities that choose to exist, even prosper, outside of mega-coalitions. Just the fact that they do exist invalidates the argument that mega-coalitions are the natural conclusion to the game mechanics as they are. To blame the mechanics entirely while completely failing to account for the role of politics holding together the CFC is to be at best horribly myopic, and at worst, a dishonest charlatan intent on ruling through deceit and misrepresentation.
We already know who speaks for the coalitions. Who will speak then, for the players?


It is not my interest or responsibility to argue your view of the Imperium. However if you don't believe coalitions are just a natural cause of game mechanics I will give you a map. Again. The Imperium is not the first, only, or last coalition New Eden will see. To ignore or destroy all coalition gameplay would be no less intrusive than destroying all PVP from low sec. I take all forms of gameplay into consideration.

I would also like to point out that my alliance The Bastion has never deployed to cloud ring so your interpretation of what every alliance in the coalition is doing is clearly non-factual.

You will notice I am not running for the 'null sec' candidate nor am I running for the 'wormhole' candidate. For that matter not the 'industrial', 'high sec' candidate or anywhere else where I have active characters. I AM running for the people of New Eden as Sullen Decimus. Last time I checked I'm not getting paid by anyone in game. I will be supported by several, but do not think for a second I am 'controlled' by anyone.

CSM XI Member

Twitter: Sullen_Decimus

Tweetfleet: @sullen_decimus

Vic Jefferson
ElitistOps
Pandemic Legion
#16 - 2016-01-21 01:07:48 UTC
Sullen Decimus wrote:
By your justification ANY corporation who is 'blue' status to ANY other corp, alliance etc. clearly is nothing more than a puppet state of the other. If you fail to see how ignorant this argument is then there is nothing more I can say because you are hiding behind a blanket argument. By your argument clearly should just disband the NATO on the basis it's pathetic countries aren't willing to protect themselves alone against all.


Not at all. Plenty of blues are not only justified, but good game play. It comes down to what you gain from a blue, and what it costs you. Is it really worth being blue to the largest, by a considerable factor, collation in the game? Are they really going to make your space safer? Are you getting more content out of it than it is costing you? Look what's happening to SMA right now. It will be your turn soon enough. Legitimate blue relationships are based on mutual respect. No one respects pet alliances of the CFC, it's plainly obvious for what purpose they exist, and it isn't because the CFC values you highly.


Sullen Decimus wrote:

It is not my interest or responsibility to argue your view of the Imperium. However if you don't believe coalitions are just a natural cause of game mechanics I will give you a map. Again. The Imperium is not the first, only, or last coalition New Eden will see. To ignore or destroy all coalition gameplay would be no less intrusive than destroying all PVP from low sec . I take all forms of gameplay into consideration.


Easy to be deceived by pictures. Take a look at actual numbers of people involved in these coalitions, and get back to me; comparing the scrappy and fun-loving coaltions of the south to the bloated and disgusting ones in the north is....well just that, night and day. Like most things, in and of themselves, coalitions are not intrinsically bad, but taken the the extremes of size like the CFC, they really just cause stagnation.

Sullen Decimus wrote:

I would also like to point out that my alliance The Bastion has never deployed to cloud ring so your interpretation of what every alliance in the coalition is doing is clearly non-factual.


So? If an entity whom I was blue with did something sufficiently dishonorable, despicable, or unsportsmanlike, I would re-evaluate that relationship. That you haven't is basically tacitly approving their ways, either that or you are just too sheepish or you value your ratting and SRP more highly than content.

Sullen Decimus wrote:

You will notice I am not running for the 'null sec' candidate nor am I running for the 'wormhole' candidate. For that matter not the 'industrial', 'high sec' candidate or anywhere else where I have active characters. I AM running for the people of New Eden as Sullen Decimus. Last time I checked I'm not getting paid by anyone in game. I will be supported by several, but do not think for a second I am 'controlled' by anyone.


The CSM needs leaders, players, and thinkers. As part of a pet alliance, I question your ability to lead - you know how to follow for sure. As a member of a pet alliance, I question your ability to play - you know how to work for someone else. Finally, as a member of a pet alliance, I question your ability to think for yourself.

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Sullen Decimus
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#17 - 2016-01-21 01:20:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Sullen Decimus
Vic Jefferson wrote:
Finally, as a member of a pet alliance, I question your ability to think for yourself.



I question every argument you make considering you were a member of the exact corp and coalition you have been berating not once but twice.

CSM XI Member

Twitter: Sullen_Decimus

Tweetfleet: @sullen_decimus

Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#18 - 2016-01-21 01:42:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Noxisia Arkana
I endorse this product or service.

Also, he's about 50% less douchy than you think. As a fact I know that he mines in HS, runs missions (not often), operates in wh space, and is part of the CFC (imperium) nullsec bloc.

Pretty much, if it requires autism. He's in.


*edit - you need to learn not to copy the whole ******* thread above you man.
Sullen Decimus
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#19 - 2016-01-21 02:53:42 UTC
Noxisia Arkana wrote:
I endorse this product or service.

Also, he's about 50% less douchy than you think. As a fact I know that he mines in HS, runs missions (not often), operates in wh space, and is part of the CFC (imperium) nullsec bloc.

Pretty much, if it requires autism. He's in.


*edit - you need to learn not to copy the whole ******* thread above you man.


Edited for your entertainmentBig smile

CSM XI Member

Twitter: Sullen_Decimus

Tweetfleet: @sullen_decimus

Mithandra
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2016-01-22 07:26:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Mithandra
Well, I read the entire thread, including Vic jefferson trying to derail the thread and his thinly veiled attempts to call your candicacy into question. I was somewhat impressed by your replies to his sniping.

Im not voting, but if any of you out there are, you could do a lot worse than cast your vote for this guy.

Eve is the dark haired, totally hot emo gothchild of the gaming community

12Next page