These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

PETITION: No SP gain from injectors for 80mil+ characters

First post
Author
Arithron
107th Suicide Kings
We're all going to die.
#1 - 2016-01-19 08:55:47 UTC
I have a lot of SP.

I spent a lot of time and RL$ getting to this point. I'd like to think that CCP values me as a dedicated player and will take some small steps to protect my loyalty and dedication.

In saying this, 80mil+ is enough SP to have a highly skilled and specialised character. I don't personally think we should be able to benefit by buying more SP. After all, we are still here because we are successful in game and have a crapload of iskies- no level playing field if the feature is intended to give newer players a benefit.

Vets don't need to be able to spend isk (of which we have a lot) to get even further ahead.

Sign below if you agree with there being an upper limit for SP injector use!
Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#2 - 2016-01-19 09:12:24 UTC
Arithron wrote:
I have a lot of SP.

I spent a lot of time and RL$ getting to this point. I'd like to think that CCP values me as a dedicated player and will take some small steps to protect my loyalty and dedication.

In saying this, 80mil+ is enough SP to have a highly skilled and specialised character. I don't personally think we should be able to benefit by buying more SP. After all, we are still here because we are successful in game and have a crapload of iskies- no level playing field if the feature is intended to give newer players a benefit.

Vets don't need to be able to spend isk (of which we have a lot) to get even further ahead.

Sign below if you agree with there being an upper limit for SP injector use!


I agee but the limit should be lowered down to 30 mill SP.

But alas, I don't think CCP cares about loyalty in this game anymore and is trying to cash it out before it dies completely.
Khan Wrenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2016-01-19 09:28:21 UTC
Daniela Doran wrote:
But alas, I don't think CCP cares about loyalty in this game anymore and is trying to cash it out before it dies completely.


Even if true, they are a company that needs to create a product consumers will buy so they can keep drawing paychecks. That means, no matter our ideology or principles, at some point they might have to make changes for the sole reason that it'll draw in more cash. Player annoyance be damned at that point.

And could anyone blame them? We can't expect CCP to run an unprofitable game simply because a non-profitable minority wants to have that game. Whatever CCP wants to do with EvE, it has to be profitable before it has to follow their ideals, or neither will matter.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#4 - 2016-01-19 09:28:46 UTC
I do agree but I have to break it to you, I have 32 million isk, so I am not rich despite what people think. pvp is expensive.

However I think nobody should ever "buy" skillpoints, they either buy a trained character or they do not. Everybody shall train as we did and instead of looking at the amount of skillpoints we trained for a decade they shall train frigate to 5as we did, so they get a feeling of progession, the 5% that made a difference.

Newbies still do not comprehend how little my production skills ever will impact my ship vs ship combat skills and how little difference it is to use tech one guns instead of tech 2 when you know what you are doing and when.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#5 - 2016-01-19 09:45:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Daniela Doran
Khan Wrenth wrote:
Daniela Doran wrote:
But alas, I don't think CCP cares about loyalty in this game anymore and is trying to cash it out before it dies completely.


Even if true, they are a company that needs to create a product consumers will buy so they can keep drawing paychecks. That means, no matter our ideology or principles, at some point they might have to make changes for the sole reason that it'll draw in more cash. Player annoyance be damned at that point.

And could anyone blame them? We can't expect CCP to run an unprofitable game simply because a non-profitable minority wants to have that game. Whatever CCP wants to do with EvE, it has to be profitable before it has to follow their ideals, or neither will matter.



But doing so at the expense of killing the core principle of what made Eve retain those loyal players throughout the years is what you call betrayal. These loyal players are no longer going to remember CCP as one of the greatest MMO designers in the industry but for their greed and dishonesty for selling out their loyal player base that repeatedly opposed a game killing feature that they (CCP) have decided to ignore and implement anyway.

This betrayal by CCP is going to be a stain on their reputation forever. Now no ones gonna take the risk and play anything else CCP releases ever again, unless they're a fan of pay2win.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#6 - 2016-01-19 09:48:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Khan Wrenth wrote:
Daniela Doran wrote:
But alas, I don't think CCP cares about loyalty in this game anymore and is trying to cash it out before it dies completely.


Even if true, they are a company that needs to create a product consumers will buy so they can keep drawing paychecks. That means, no matter our ideology or principles, at some point they might have to make changes for the sole reason that it'll draw in more cash. Player annoyance be damned at that point.

And could anyone blame them? We can't expect CCP to run an unprofitable game simply because a non-profitable minority wants to have that game. Whatever CCP wants to do with EvE, it has to be profitable before it has to follow their ideals, or neither will matter.

Subscriptions and sold PLEX bring in vastly more money than anything AUR has so far been able to provide. AUR is nothing but a waste of the expensive Dev time CCP laments about more regularly every month. So, yes, we should blame them for wasting our money on things that do not create justifiable more profit and instead draws away dev resources from more important things like fixing old bugs/glitches and provide more activities in the game.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2016-01-19 10:18:06 UTC
I bet you cut yourself to feel alive, don't you?!

There is already diminishing returns for high skilled players and some think that is a slap in the face of loyal customers. Removing it altogether would just be adding insult to injury.

Find a more noble cause to campaign for.
Khan Wrenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2016-01-19 10:24:47 UTC
Daniela Doran wrote:
But doing so at the expense of killing the core principle of what made Eve retain those loyal players throughout the years is what you call betrayal.


Loyalty doesn't pay bills. At the end of the workday, these are people who are working real jobs, have real homes with real expenses to take care of, and need real payment in order to survive in the global economy. Your loyalty and undying grattitude does not pay their bills or send their kids to college.

I agree that more adherence to the core principles of this game is a good thing. But it is NOT the only thing, and we can't forget that.

Please don't create a strawman about me wanting them to abandon their principles. Nothing could be further from the truth. But you need to balance your wants with pragmatism.

Rivr Luzade wrote:
Subscriptions and sold PLEX bring in vastly more money than anything AUR has so far been able to provide. AUR is nothing but a waste of the expensive Dev time CCP laments about more regularly every month. So, yes, we should blame them for wasting our money on things that do not create justifiable more profit and instead draws away dev resources from more important things like fixing old bugs/glitches and provide more activities in the game.


Well if that's true, that certainly seems like a silly way to run their business. But it could also be a part of a larger, long-term strategy that broadens the game in ways that eventually brings in more profit. Time will tell.

Either way, CCP wants to sell optional stuff to players to make more money, then I'm fine by that. I've used in-game ISK to buy some ship skins, so (like plex) players do have incentive to buy and sell in game.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#9 - 2016-01-19 10:46:01 UTC
Agree or disagree, CCP saw all this in the old thread and we are getting what they have posted now.
Since they buffed SP trading they sure aren't going to suddenly go the other way.
Aerious
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2016-01-19 10:51:42 UTC
I agree partly with this, but the cap should be much lower, 20m SP or even make it 20m SP per year.

All that is going to happen is big alliances with deep coffers are going to abuse this feature. Create more bots to farm dead end systems and sell the isk in RMT scenarios (iskbank / iskmarket / mmobux / etc).

"They worried we would eventually offer not just vanity items, but ones that would give the Haves an unfair advantage over the Have-Nots."

Casual Genius
Bad Influence
Azure Citizen
#11 - 2016-01-19 11:20:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Casual Genius
Daniela Doran wrote:
Khan Wrenth wrote:
Daniela Doran wrote:
But alas, I don't think CCP cares about loyalty in this game anymore and is trying to cash it out before it dies completely.


Even if true, they are a company that needs to create a product consumers will buy so they can keep drawing paychecks. That means, no matter our ideology or principles, at some point they might have to make changes for the sole reason that it'll draw in more cash. Player annoyance be damned at that point.

And could anyone blame them? We can't expect CCP to run an unprofitable game simply because a non-profitable minority wants to have that game. Whatever CCP wants to do with EvE, it has to be profitable before it has to follow their ideals, or neither will matter.



But doing so at the expense of killing the core principle of what made Eve retain those loyal players throughout the years is what you call betrayal. These loyal players are no longer going to remember CCP as one of the greatest MMO designers in the industry but for their greed and dishonesty for selling out their loyal player base that repeatedly opposed a game killing feature that they (CCP) have decided to ignore and implement anyway.

This betrayal by CCP is going to be a stain on their reputation forever. Now no ones gonna take the risk and play anything else CCP releases ever again, unless they're a fan of pay2win.


speak for yourself , and not for all "loyal players". I have also my concerns , but ill wait how it plays out.
Atm we dont even know the cost of these extractors. If it will be 1 bil as suggested , you dont even need to worry about it :)

Besides that , if some moron throws 10.000 dollars on extractors to catch up with me or some vets , im fine with that. Hes getting killed anyway , and also financially supports future development time and cofee Blink
Golemag
Jump 2 Beacon
Deepwater Hooligans
#12 - 2016-01-19 12:59:36 UTC
This is all really funny. I am against PAY TO CCP TO RUIN YOUR PLAY mechanics anyway, but both parties know that EVE is pretty much dead when DEVS and BOSS alike decide to touch the only thing that made the difference for the few players still alive in their servers.

Touch the TIME as resource and you've hit the rock bottom.. Oh wait...
Golemag
Jump 2 Beacon
Deepwater Hooligans
#13 - 2016-01-19 13:16:23 UTC
Casual Genius wrote:
Daniela Doran wrote:
Khan Wrenth wrote:
Daniela Doran wrote:
But alas, I don't think CCP cares about loyalty in this game anymore and is trying to cash it out before it dies completely.


Even if true, they are a company that needs to create a product consumers will buy so they can keep drawing paychecks. That means, no matter our ideology or principles, at some point they might have to make changes for the sole reason that it'll draw in more cash. Player annoyance be damned at that point.

And could anyone blame them? We can't expect CCP to run an unprofitable game simply because a non-profitable minority wants to have that game. Whatever CCP wants to do with EvE, it has to be profitable before it has to follow their ideals, or neither will matter.



But doing so at the expense of killing the core principle of what made Eve retain those loyal players throughout the years is what you call betrayal. These loyal players are no longer going to remember CCP as one of the greatest MMO designers in the industry but for their greed and dishonesty for selling out their loyal player base that repeatedly opposed a game killing feature that they (CCP) have decided to ignore and implement anyway.

This betrayal by CCP is going to be a stain on their reputation forever. Now no ones gonna take the risk and play anything else CCP releases ever again, unless they're a fan of pay2win.


speak for yourself , and not for all "loyal players". I have also my concerns , but ill wait how it plays out.
Atm we dont even know the cost of these extractors. If it will be 1 bil as suggested , you dont even need to worry about it :)

Besides that , if some moron throws 10.000 dollars on extractors to catch up with me or some vets , im fine with that. Hes getting killed anyway , and also financially supports future development time and cofee Blink


That's OK. However what do you think will happen if these extractors come to a price around 100-200mil? Things change now don't they? For 10BIL you have insta 50MIL SP.
Casual Genius
Bad Influence
Azure Citizen
#14 - 2016-01-19 13:22:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Casual Genius
thats pure speculation what will be if ... ist funny how ppl always jump on the hype/doom trains.

Lets see how it turns out , and then we can judge. We have anyway no chance to change this decission now. Lets hope CCP gives the pricing some real thinking.

But making a petition now is just useless, we need some fresh air to the game Roll
Golemag
Jump 2 Beacon
Deepwater Hooligans
#15 - 2016-01-19 13:31:56 UTC
Casual Genius wrote:
thats pure speculation what will be if ... ist funny how ppl always jump on the hype/doom trains.

Lets see how it turns out , and then we can judge. We have anyway no chance to change this decision now. Lets hope CCP give the pricing some real thinking.

But making a petition now is just useless, we need some fresh air to the game and also ┬┤need some new meta Roll


Exactly my point. There is really no reason to try to do anything about anything related to CCP decisions. They only listen to few brain-dead blood donors. Go back few years and tell me WHEN did CCP ever did something to reflect the wishes of their players? This whole forum section is a joke. Dust in the eyes of the ones who are TLAZYTR.

We're one step closer to F2P and P2W. Oh let it be fast death!
Casual Genius
Bad Influence
Azure Citizen
#16 - 2016-01-19 13:35:22 UTC
Golemag wrote:
Casual Genius wrote:
thats pure speculation what will be if ... ist funny how ppl always jump on the hype/doom trains.

Lets see how it turns out , and then we can judge. We have anyway no chance to change this decision now. Lets hope CCP give the pricing some real thinking.

But making a petition now is just useless, we need some fresh air to the game and also ┬┤need some new meta Roll


Exactly my point. There is really no reason to try to do anything about anything related to CCP decisions. They only listen to few brain-dead blood donors. Go back few years and tell me WHEN did CCP ever did something to reflect the wishes of their players? This whole forum section is a joke. Dust in the eyes of the ones who are TLAZYTR.

We're one step closer to F2P and P2W. Oh let it be fast death!


back to my previous post Roll

i see many issues with CCP and our game, but let me say one thing... there were many times where CCP is taking player feedback and opinions, implementing them ingame.
Khan Wrenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2016-01-19 13:36:17 UTC
Golemag wrote:
Exactly my point. There is really no reason to try to do anything about anything related to CCP decisions. They only listen to few brain-dead blood donors. Go back few years and tell me WHEN did CCP ever did something to reflect the wishes of their players? This whole forum section is a joke. Dust in the eyes of the ones who are TLAZYTR.

We're one step closer to F2P and P2W. Oh let it be fast death!


1: Freighter low slots.

2: Jump fatigue reduction.

3: Concord response buffs.

I'm sure players who are more embroiled in EvE happenings could cite more examples.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#18 - 2016-01-19 13:56:30 UTC
Arithron wrote:
I have a lot of SP.

I spent a lot of time and RL$ getting to this point. I'd like to think that CCP values me as a dedicated player and will take some small steps to protect my loyalty and dedication.

In saying this, 80mil+ is enough SP to have a highly skilled and specialised character. I don't personally think we should be able to benefit by buying more SP. After all, we are still here because we are successful in game and have a crapload of iskies- no level playing field if the feature is intended to give newer players a benefit.

Vets don't need to be able to spend isk (of which we have a lot) to get even further ahead.

Sign below if you agree with there being an upper limit for SP injector use!
It really doesn't matter tbh. This is a desperate act and any suggestion like yours will make no difference.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Doddy
Excidium.
#19 - 2016-01-19 14:10:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Doddy
Arithron wrote:
I have a lot of SP.

I spent a lot of time and RL$ getting to this point. I'd like to think that CCP values me as a dedicated player and will take some small steps to protect my loyalty and dedication.

In saying this, 80mil+ is enough SP to have a highly skilled and specialised character. I don't personally think we should be able to benefit by buying more SP. After all, we are still here because we are successful in game and have a crapload of iskies- no level playing field if the feature is intended to give newer players a benefit.

Vets don't need to be able to spend isk (of which we have a lot) to get even further ahead.

Sign below if you agree with there being an upper limit for SP injector use!


Not signed.

You didn't spend any time getting your SP. you only spent RL $. Now you are upset because someone else might spend their RL $ (or in game skill gained isk) to catch up with you (at a far, far more expensive rate) and so you are crying. This is because you love pay to win, at least once you have already paid for it and others haven't. Maybe if you don't like it you should go play a more pay to win orientated game.

Truth is this measure will make eve less pay to win, not more. Currently your SP is directly related to the RL wealth you pump into the game. With this change it will be possible for some people to gain SP via being good at the game. Any way you look at it that is making the game less pay to win, and the tears of pay to win players like the op are delicious.

Do I think there should be some caps in place to stop abuse, absolutely, but overall I applaud this reduction of eves pay to win nature (which has always been there since day 1, no cash no SP).
Kenji Noguchi
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2016-01-19 15:33:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Kenji Noguchi
-1

"Everybody should do as I did" is no logical reason whatsoever.

I personally don't plan on selling or buying SP, but I can understand why and when people may want to do it.

I support CCP's move. More options are always good. Besides, Time=money. There is no difference if they spread the money expenditure through 10+years of subscription or they spend it all in the same month. The only real difference is convenience.
123Next page