These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

***Petition*** Petition to keep the refitting mechanic as is!

Author
biz Antollare
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#1 - 2016-01-07 17:49:57 UTC
I say we let the refit mechanic stay as is and see how the upcoming changes effect the game first. With cap RR being restricted to being in triage only (no more slow cats) and the new addition of the force aux caps i think the refit mechanic should be left alone.

I personally enjoy refitting in combat and think it adds a level of complication to the game. We continue to play EVE because we like how complicated it is. not being a simple F1 MMO.

KEEP THE REFITTING MECHANIC AS IS

Signed.
CivilWars
Half Empty
#2 - 2016-01-07 18:00:38 UTC
Seconded.

Hidden Fremen liked your forum post:

Jack Miton liked your forum post:

Peter Moonlight
Suddenly Carebears
Holesale Operations
#3 - 2016-01-07 18:04:37 UTC
Suddenly Carebears support this petition!
VirusMD
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-01-07 18:05:02 UTC  |  Edited by: VirusMD
Stop dumbing down Eve CCP, This is not WoW! Please leave the refitting mechanics alone!
Alundil
Rolled Out
#5 - 2016-01-07 18:11:26 UTC
CivilWars wrote:
Seconded.


Too infinity and beyond

I'm right behind you

Lord Hamburger
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2016-01-07 18:19:10 UTC
Signed.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#7 - 2016-01-07 18:29:24 UTC
I generally support gradual changes in this regard, but it might be less painful to just pull off the bandaid.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Maria Dragoon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2016-01-07 18:42:27 UTC
-1 I do not support this petition, change is the nature of survival, and in this case, they are making the change to balance capitals (carriers specially) so that they have less of a swiss army knife role. Because honestly, part of Eve is knowing your enemy before you engage them.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. Confucius

"A man who talks to people who aren't real is crazy. A man who talks to people who aren't real and writes down what they say is an author."

biz Antollare
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#9 - 2016-01-07 18:48:17 UTC  |  Edited by: biz Antollare
Maria Dragoon wrote:
-1 I do not support this petition, change is the nature of survival, and in this case, they are making the change to balance capitals (carriers specially) so that they have less of a swiss army knife role. Because honestly, part of Eve is knowing your enemy before you engage them.




this isnt a place to debate the petition. you either sign a petition or you dont.... nice alt post .
Tajic Kaundur
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#10 - 2016-01-07 18:51:20 UTC
Wormhole life hinges on this ability.

Capital fights necessitate your triage refitting on the fly. Running sites in a Marauder also requires the ability to swap fits every so often. Dreadnaught gameplay would just turn into "hit siege, F1 20 seconds later" with absolutely no nuance.

I get that it's overpowered for Mach fleets, and that's fine. Either buff the counter to Machs (battleships, which have needed buffs since I started playing over two years ago), or make it so you can refit while in "you're on your own mode" (siege, triage, bastion). Yeah, it's also overpowered for super fleets, but supers are eating nerfs as part of the cap rebalance, that's already addressed.

But removing it when you're in "you're on your own mode" is absolutely absurd. It removes a lot of the nuance of that gameplay, and instead just turns into even more mindless F1 mashing.
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#11 - 2016-01-07 18:56:33 UTC
I'd like to see it stay. Losing it entirely would be a real shame, I'd accept a comprimise however - perhaps some delay i switching mods so it wasn't as powerful as it currently is whilst still being there as a gameplay option.
oohthey ioh
Doomheim
#12 - 2016-01-07 18:59:18 UTC
biz Antollare wrote:
Maria Dragoon wrote:
-1 I do not support this petition, change is the nature of survival, and in this case, they are making the change to balance capitals (carriers specially) so that they have less of a swiss army knife role. Because honestly, part of Eve is knowing your enemy before you engage them.




this isnt a place to debate the petition. you either sign a petition or you dont.... nice alt post .

This was psot the forums, its an place to debate it, talk about, i dont support it ether, will add more game play, due to having disengage for the period, it means people have to fit there ships better, have the rest of the fleet to pick the slack for an minute.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2016-01-07 19:13:49 UTC
Tajic Kaundur wrote:
Wormhole life hinges on this ability.

Capital fights necessitate your triage refitting on the fly. Running sites in a Marauder also requires the ability to swap fits every so often. Dreadnaught gameplay would just turn into "hit siege, F1 20 seconds later" with absolutely no nuance.

I get that it's overpowered for Mach fleets, and that's fine. Either buff the counter to Machs (battleships, which have needed buffs since I started playing over two years ago), or make it so you can refit while in "you're on your own mode" (siege, triage, bastion). Yeah, it's also overpowered for super fleets, but supers are eating nerfs as part of the cap rebalance, that's already addressed.

But removing it when you're in "you're on your own mode" is absolutely absurd. It removes a lot of the nuance of that gameplay, and instead just turns into even more mindless F1 mashing.


"On your own mode" will now be about being on your own and not about this and whatever refitting service is withing range. A true "on your own" if you will.
Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#14 - 2016-01-07 19:17:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Seraph Essael
This change doesn't really hinder the masses of caps in Nullsec. What this change affects more than any others, is small capital fights and fights in Wormhole space, where refitting your capital is a necessity due to the limited natures of the fights.

See this recent video of LZHK vs SSC to elaborate on what I am saying.

Not to mention the Nestor would be 100% useless in PvP with this change.

This change will shaft smaller capital brawls where refits are necessary and not to mention, kind of fun.

All CCP have to do is read through this reddit thread.

Most ships without the refit option will be dead within the 60 seconds it would take to de aggro, if they're smaller than a capital.

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Gremk
The Red Island Foundation
Shadow Cartel
#15 - 2016-01-07 19:18:01 UTC
Agreed. This content adds a completely different element to even subcap fights without carrier support via nestors. It is a pretty niche role in the game and it'd be pretty stupid to remove by adding a 60 second timer.
Lanx Original
HC - Metazoa Suidae
#16 - 2016-01-07 19:20:16 UTC
I too would like to see the refitting kept either untouched or largely similar to what it is now.

I Have never yet been able to make use of it, but it was something I was looking forward to.
With the removal of spider tank carriers that also serve as dps, I don't expect caps will need such a heavy nerf. I also thought refitting was a very nice way for a weaker group to outplay a stronger one.

Not opposed to change, just don't expect to like this one.
Azis Troyanov
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#17 - 2016-01-07 19:20:33 UTC
+1

Azis

Leviathan Tank
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#18 - 2016-01-07 19:25:17 UTC
I agree, stop dumbing down this game.

thanks.
Solo Trekario
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2016-01-07 19:26:36 UTC
+1 (Keep Refitting as-is)

This ability adds a level if interactivity to the game. Rather than just sitting in fleets and locking a broadcast and pressing F1, people are moved to do more. Refitting on the fly to adapt to the situation, takes a bit more skill, and more interaction within the game.
Haidere
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#20 - 2016-01-07 19:31:36 UTC
*signed* There is no foreseeable need to change the refitting mechanic. Make the cap changes first and then we will see if refitting is being abused.

Why make the game even more like World of Warcraft: Spaceships Edition?
123Next pageLast page