These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Merry Christmas?

Author
Mindrago Aldent
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-12-25 17:35:01 UTC
Well I guess it is anyway.

You see, I just spent an hour going visiting local systems wishing everyone a merry xmas.
Some had 2 or 3 in system, some had 10...

Not one single person replied, which is sad. In one I even shouted out if there was a miner about.

With very good reason. You see I was in a Viator, in the cargo was a brand new shiny Endurance Ice Mining Frigate that I was going to give to the first pilot to reply.

As I have just mentioned, not on single reply! I still have it in my cargo hold.

I know EVE is at times harsh, but just sometimes it pays to reply, even with a shy hello :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.
HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#2 - 2015-12-25 18:21:33 UTC
Yeah such is the nature of such a bleak distopian future.

Merry Christmas!

Now if Only I could figure out the scam here...
Mindrago Aldent
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-12-25 18:27:49 UTC
HeXxploiT wrote:
Yeah such is the nature of such a bleak distopian future.

Merry Christmas!

Now if Only I could figure out the scam here...



LOL, no scam, it was an honest festive gesture.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-12-25 18:33:14 UTC
An honest festive gesture would be giving unconditionally. The condition you placed on your gift is kinda.... unfestive. It shouldn't matter if people reply because maybe if you'd given it to someone, and put a smile on their face, it would have resulted in a merry christmas from them.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Mindrago Aldent
Doomheim
#5 - 2015-12-25 19:06:10 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
An honest festive gesture would be giving unconditionally. The condition you placed on your gift is kinda.... unfestive. It shouldn't matter if people reply because maybe if you'd given it to someone, and put a smile on their face, it would have resulted in a merry christmas from them.



I see your point, but giving it via contract to some random pilot is easy, and not what I was hoping for.

What's hard about saying hello, or hi?

Hell maybe i'll send it to Mike Azariah to give away, he might have more joy.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#6 - 2015-12-25 19:08:14 UTC
Perhaps ask Mike for tips on getting people's attention?
Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#7 - 2015-12-25 20:48:46 UTC
Merry Christmas to you too!

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#8 - 2015-12-25 21:05:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Merry Christmas OP.

Were you in highsec by any chance?

If so, it might not be anything other than people didn't see your message because they weren't watching local chat.

While on yesterday, there were a lot of Merry Christmas exchanges in local chat in low and null that I saw and I'd assume, not because there is any difference between the people, but simply because in low/null local chat is used for intel in a way that isn't always needed in highsec. So it might just be that a lot of people didn't see your message immediately and didn't respond before you moved on.
Solecist Project
#9 - 2015-12-25 21:09:27 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
Perhaps ask Mike for tips on getting people's attention?

Who?




OP, there's several reasons why no one responds.

1. Local isn't open.
2. They're not atk.
3. They're busy doing something else.
4. Some of the above, all of the above, none of the above.


In this game one has to wait until someone replies, even in relatively active chatrooms.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Wanda Fayne
#10 - 2015-12-25 21:29:12 UTC
Try putting in local "Free Endurance for the first Merry Christmas I get"
betcha don't wait much.

btw, that little ship is a 30-day train, + fitting skills.
I can train a catalyst pilot in half that timeBlink

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

  • - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2015-12-25 22:02:39 UTC
Merry christmas to you OP! I hope you had a wonderful time with family or friends.

When we all get to that day, I wish you a happy new year as well o7

Will be looking forward to fly / fight / mine / drink beer with people in the new year!
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#12 - 2015-12-25 22:08:37 UTC
Very rare for people to speak to passersby in local. Today is no different than any other in that regard.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2015-12-25 22:50:23 UTC
Next time just shoot them all, then say "Merry Christmas" P

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Daerrol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2015-12-26 01:43:54 UTC
I went jumping thru provi saying "x up for Xmas." Gave everyone in local 500k for being beautiful. Some one finally sent a mail with an X, gave him 85000000
Paul Pohl
blue media poetry
#15 - 2015-12-26 01:53:48 UTC
The people either didn't reply because they were busy... or didn't care... or you had jumped to the next system - so you never noticed -

I'd suggest you write a letter to the guardian about the issue - since they are keenest on abolishing/retaining christmas - and as fuel for the next two moths opinion columni neing pieces on why no-one should dare to be happy (ever) (especially if they are Amarr)
Salah ad-Din al-Jawahiri
Dreamweb Industries
#16 - 2015-12-26 09:40:24 UTC
OP is doing it wrong.

I got plenty of congratulations yesterday - you just need to gank an AFK miner go get his attention.

Agent of the New Order

Live by the Code - die by the Code.

The Voice of Highsec

tiberiusric
Comply Or Die
Fraternity.
#17 - 2015-12-26 09:50:51 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
An honest festive gesture would be giving unconditionally. The condition you placed on your gift is kinda.... unfestive. It shouldn't matter if people reply because maybe if you'd given it to someone, and put a smile on their face, it would have resulted in a merry christmas from them.



This is the problem with eve community right there always getting the wrong idea and twisting it. His point is merely no one responded to his merry xmas message thats it.
Its sad because people think if they say hello somehow you can scan them down and gank them and people keep deadly silent. Ots funny but tragic really

All my views are my own - never be afraid to post with your main, unless you're going to post some dumb shit

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#18 - 2015-12-26 15:04:57 UTC
I didn't do a scientific study or anything, but Hek and Rens local didn't seem very festive this year. A lot less Merry Xmases than in previous years. I didn't see any snowballs or fireworks, but I wasn't hanging outside the trade stations much either.
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#19 - 2015-12-26 15:10:22 UTC
Merry Christmas! Sorry I didn't respond sooner -- I was AFK like everyone else.


p.s. It's the thought that counts, so cheers for your attempted good dead.

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#20 - 2015-12-26 17:18:22 UTC
Celise Katelo wrote:
Next time just shoot them all, then say "Merry Christmas" P


Now that's truly in the spirit of Eve. I like your style. Friendly seasonal greeting and/or aggression flags accepted and approved.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

12Next page