These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

wardec bad joke

First post
Author
GiantJack
Space Colony
Synergy of Steel
#1 - 2015-11-27 13:13:11 UTC
if i wardec someone and he leave the corp and creates a new corp
thats a real bad joke why the hell CCP is not change it

its damn easy to fix:
if a new corp is created u cannot leave it for 30 (or at least 7 days)
if u leave a corp u cannot create a new corp for 30 (or at least 7 days)

@CCP why the hell u dont change this. u like unhappy customers?

it makes the "u cannot join the same corp if left in wardec for 2? weeks" rule to a big joke if u just make a new corp
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2015-11-27 13:22:59 UTC
Because you wardec the corp, not the player is the official reason, iirc.

Also U is dead, probably no point referencing him.
GiantJack
Space Colony
Synergy of Steel
#3 - 2015-11-27 13:32:01 UTC  |  Edited by: GiantJack
afkalt wrote:
Because you wardec the corp, not the player is the official reason, iirc.

than the rule i mentioned would be bullshit too becuase u cannot join the same corp for 2 weeks i think if u leave it in war
afkalt wrote:

Also U is dead, probably no point referencing him.

sorry i dont get it... or u mean u = you ?
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#4 - 2015-11-27 13:37:17 UTC
Umm...

You wardeced a corp that then folded and ceased to exist under your aggression. You Won.

Are you asking for the right to drive those players clean out of the game?
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#5 - 2015-11-27 13:44:23 UTC
You DO wardec the Corp not the player. If you have a personal vendetta you can attempt suicide ganks, theft, or other forms of attack.

But I do agree it is too cheap and easy to roll corps. I dont mind people dropping to an npc or social Corp for the duration of a war, but instantly entering or creating another Corp should be looked at.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2015-11-27 14:34:10 UTC
I'm not saying it works in a good way but you should probably change your target selection criteria if you really wanted to get fights out of those decs...
Black Pedro
Mine.
#7 - 2015-11-27 15:11:08 UTC
GiantJack wrote:
if i wardec someone and he leave the corp and creates a new corp
thats a real bad joke why the hell CCP is not change it

its damn easy to fix:
if a new corp is created u cannot leave it for 30 (or at least 7 days)
if u leave a corp u cannot create a new corp for 30 (or at least 7 days)

@CCP why the hell u dont change this. u like unhappy customers?

it makes the "u cannot join the same corp if left in wardec for 2? weeks" rule to a big joke if u just make a new corp

You should always be able to leave a corp that has been wardecced. You should never be forced to fight for a corporation if you have no interest in doing so.

That said, you should not trivially be able to dodge a war by dropping and reforming a new corp thus minutes later resuming the benefits of being in a player corp - that makes a mockery of the whole risk vs. reward of being in a player corp. There should be some penalty or mechanic to discourage this behaviour. Either a hard cap where you have to remain in the NPC corp for the duration of the original war (or 7 days maybe), or perhaps if you join/create a new corp, a kill right is generated against you for the original wardeccing corp with a duration of 7 days.

Caleb Seremshur
Mortis Angelus
The morgue.
#8 - 2015-11-27 15:23:52 UTC
Reported for redundancy. It's not our responsibility to teach you how wardeccing works.
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#9 - 2015-11-27 16:45:51 UTC
GiantJack wrote:

its damn easy to fix:
if a new corp is created u cannot leave it for 30 (or at least 7 days)
if u leave a corp u cannot create a new corp for 30 (or at least 7 days)


Ok, so when you wardec a corp, you also cannot wardec another corp for 30 days either, because balance.

GiantJack wrote:

@CCP why the hell u dont change this. u like unhappy customers?


You don't think that this would make the people attempting to avoid a wardec unhappy? What makes you more special then them?

As previously stated, if you have an issue with an individual person, gank them. If you have an issue with a corp, wardec them. Any corp that's worth wardeccing won't dissolve their corp because they got wardecced by 1 guy.

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Cidanel Afuran
Grant Village
#10 - 2015-11-27 17:14:08 UTC
GiantJack wrote:
if i wardec someone and he leave the corp and creates a new corp
thats a real bad joke why the hell CCP is not change it

its damn easy to fix:
if a new corp is created u cannot leave it for 30 (or at least 7 days)


All this would do is create LESS content. People would just station spin or not log in until the war is over. Most smaller HS corps don't have the organization, means, or desire to fight a half dozen T3s on any gate they jump through in HS.

If you're in a more industry/PvE focused corp, chances are you simply can't win a fight against a well organized merc corp. Those people would just not play the game if they could avoid decs.
unidenify
Deaf Armada
#11 - 2015-11-27 17:41:35 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
GiantJack wrote:
if i wardec someone and he leave the corp and creates a new corp
thats a real bad joke why the hell CCP is not change it

its damn easy to fix:
if a new corp is created u cannot leave it for 30 (or at least 7 days)
if u leave a corp u cannot create a new corp for 30 (or at least 7 days)

@CCP why the hell u dont change this. u like unhappy customers?

it makes the "u cannot join the same corp if left in wardec for 2? weeks" rule to a big joke if u just make a new corp

You should always be able to leave a corp that has been wardecced. You should never be forced to fight for a corporation if you have no interest in doing so.

That said, you should not trivially be able to dodge a war by dropping and reforming a new corp thus minutes later resuming the benefits of being in a player corp - that makes a mockery of the whole risk vs. reward of being in a player corp. There should be some penalty or mechanic to discourage this behaviour. Either a hard cap where you have to remain in the NPC corp for the duration of the original war (or 7 days maybe), or perhaps if you join/create a new corp, a kill right is generated against you for the original wardeccing corp with a duration of 7 days.



I agree with this

Same time, make it so you have to be in player corp to do high sec incursion. which I suggest in other thread about nerf high sec incursion. Bam, new risk for high sec carebear
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#12 - 2015-11-27 18:26:20 UTC
unidenify wrote:
Same time, make it so you have to be in player corp to do high sec incursion. which I suggest in other thread about nerf high sec incursion. Bam, new risk for high sec carebear

Have you ever run Incursions is the first question I would ask?

I doubt making it a requirement to be in a player corp would change high sec incursions in any noticeable way.
While forcing them into player corps may make them potential targets, they would likely be targets that most merc corps would not want to tangle with simply because of the high cost of replacing the ships they would lose.

Even if you did make this a requirement they would simply have an entire series of corps set up and held open by an alts. When war deced they would simply drop corp and rejoin one of the others and continue with life in EvE as normal.

OP
You say that people being able to drop corp or move to another makes you an unhappy player, yet you completely ignore the fact that in the simple act of declaring war on them YOU have created and entire group of unhappy players.
All you are doing is clearly stating that YOUR happiness with this game is more important than those you war dec and that is the very definition of being selfish.

To a more general comment on the situation.
In my years in the game one thing has held constant and that is your ability as a player to move from corp to corp without limits as to why or when and it must always stay that way. If there are any restrictions placed on this freedom of movement during a war dec then they must be balanced by more restrictions on who and when you can declare war.
Madd Adda
#13 - 2015-11-27 20:59:57 UTC
you can force a corp into war, but you can't make its members fight. OP just wants to easy kills from indy corps that won't/can't fight back.

Carebear extraordinaire

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2015-11-27 23:22:31 UTC
So OP.

Why should it not be possible for a nullsec resident to create a corp without either using an alt or waiting a month? Let's face it, we're all under wardecs all the time.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#15 - 2015-11-28 00:01:49 UTC
Hard barriers, especially timers, are not good game design. Instead, just raise the corp creation cost to something non trivial. Maybe make it multiply if you use it too often.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2015-11-28 01:00:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Orca Platypus
GiantJack wrote:
if i wardec someone and he leave the corp and creates a new corp
thats a real bad joke why the hell CCP is not change it

There is a huge workload when remaking corp, unless it's a one-man lolcorp.
There is a whole lot higher cost of not remaking a corp on wardec, so remaking it is still better, despite huge workload.
Here's a revolting solution for you: wardec corps who are actually willing to fight. There are plenty, just don't expect a fight from holing up pussybears like marmite or devils.

GiantJack wrote:
its damn easy to fix:
if a new corp is created u cannot leave it for 30 (or at least 7 days)
if u leave a corp u cannot create a new corp for 30 (or at least 7 days)

So, basically, you want people to stay in NPC corp forever, because lolcorps (who were probably not going to fight you anyway even if they had to stay docked) made you mad?

GiantJack wrote:
@CCP why the hell u dont change this. u like unhappy customers?

Like, you know, newbie miners you wardecced because you were afraid of someone who actually can fit a gun?

GiantJack wrote:
it makes the "u cannot join the same corp if left in wardec for 2? weeks" rule to a big joke if u just make a new corp

This rule has prevented an exploit, that is a good reason to leave it alone, until new mechanics are implemented which would enable to remove old hacks (like, you know, free corp aggro hack). But until it happens, we're stuck with a hack it is.

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Hard barriers, especially timers, are not good game design. Instead, just raise the corp creation cost to something non trivial. Maybe make it multiply if you use it too often.

It already contains a huge pita for non-lolcorps. Scooping all the POSes, redoing permissions, the cost of offices is also lost and you have to repopulate corp hangars with stuff and persmissions all over again, then re-setup the POSes, just to have some unicellular being to press the concord removal button again on your new corp in 2 days.
Trivial? Pressing the concord removal button is trivial, redoing the corp is a major PITA and cost.
The problem is that the cost of not doing it could easily go into billions, better fix that.
O2 jayjay
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-11-28 06:02:59 UTC
GiantJack wrote:
if i wardec someone and he leave the corp and creates a new corp
thats a real bad joke why the hell CCP is not change it

its damn easy to fix:
if a new corp is created u cannot leave it for 30 (or at least 7 days)
if u leave a corp u cannot create a new corp for 30 (or at least 7 days)

@CCP why the hell u dont change this. u like unhappy customers?

it makes the "u cannot join the same corp if left in wardec for 2? weeks" rule to a big joke if u just make a new corp


They just need to make the wardec coat and new corp cost the same.
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2015-11-28 07:33:51 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
You DO wardec the Corp not the player. If you have a personal vendetta you can attempt suicide ganks, theft, or other forms of attack.

But I do agree it is too cheap and easy to roll corps. I dont mind people dropping to an npc or social Corp for the duration of a war, but instantly entering or creating another Corp should be looked at.


Pretty much this since you do war dec a group of people within a corp. If there is some personal issues you should use different tools.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#19 - 2015-11-28 10:48:17 UTC
CCP have already fixed this. Citadels which replace POS can not be pulled down faster than 24 hours meaning they will always be vulnerable to a wardec.
So corps will not be able to casually roll if they have structures.

And if they do not have structures pick your targets better.
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#20 - 2015-11-28 12:27:08 UTC
O2 jayjay wrote:
GiantJack wrote:
if i wardec someone and he leave the corp and creates a new corp
thats a real bad joke why the hell CCP is not change it

its damn easy to fix:
if a new corp is created u cannot leave it for 30 (or at least 7 days)
if u leave a corp u cannot create a new corp for 30 (or at least 7 days)

@CCP why the hell u dont change this. u like unhappy customers?

it makes the "u cannot join the same corp if left in wardec for 2? weeks" rule to a big joke if u just make a new corp


They just need to make the wardec coat and new corp cost the same.


if they do that, then they may as well just let people pay to restore Concord protection.
123Next pageLast page