These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Rifter PVP FW fit

Author
Falak Atarid
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2015-11-08 14:53:14 UTC
Hello.

What is the best way to fit a rifter for FW PVP?
Will appreciate the very high end fit, so I can stream my skills in that direction if I’m lacking any.
I currently fly alone (no corp).

Now, I understand that this question might be repetitive, and I apologies.
I looked for a variety of fits online, but most of them created for low skill points and my inexperience preventing me for judging if they were outdated.

Will appreciate your support.
Cheers and thanks in advance.
Doctor Knuckles
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2015-11-08 17:45:37 UTC
Falak Atarid wrote:
Hello.

What is the best way to fit a rifter for FW PVP?
Will appreciate the very high end fit, so I can stream my skills in that direction if I’m lacking any.
I currently fly alone (no corp).

Now, I understand that this question might be repetitive, and I apologies.
I looked for a variety of fits online, but most of them created for low skill points and my inexperience preventing me for judging if they were outdated.

Will appreciate your support.
Cheers and thanks in advance.



best way to fit is to not fit it and go for almost anything else instead.

This might sound brutal, but the rifter is in a very sad place at the moment, and since you mention streamlining skills i'm gonna assume you're new, and believe me those skill points are much better directed at something else.


Falak Atarid
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2015-11-08 18:11:26 UTC
[/quote]


best way to fit is to not fit it and go for almost anything else instead.

This might sound brutal, but the rifter is in a very sad place at the moment, and since you mention streamlining skills i'm gonna assume you're new, and believe me those skill points are much better directed at something else.


[/quote]

Hi Doctor Knuckles,

You sound discouraging, but I understand your concern.
Unfortunately, most of my skills spent on minmatar frigates, auto cannons, small rockets and some random armor skills (almost 6m sp) so I have no choice but to fly cheap minmatar frigates into the grave.
I didn’t like the design of the slasher and so choose the rifter. It might be a bad decision, but I’ll have to stick to it for a while.

Titus Heldane
The Vomit Comets
#4 - 2015-11-08 18:34:51 UTC
the slasher is WAY better than the rifter and the best choice for a solo minmatar t1 frig. its commonly fitted to either scramkite or orbit closely with a TD. its a very fast ship meaning you have range control over almost anything. heres a fairly standard TD fit:

[Slasher, PVP]
200mm Steel Plates II
Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I, Tracking Speed Disruption Script

125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
5W Infectious Power System Malfunction

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I
Small Projectile Burst Aerator I

only engage turret ships, especially amarr frigs will go down easily.
Falak Atarid
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-11-08 18:40:13 UTC
Titus Heldane wrote:
the slasher is WAY better than the rifter and the best choice for a solo minmatar t1 frig. its commonly fitted to either scramkite or orbit closely with a TD. its a very fast ship meaning you have range control over almost anything. heres a fairly standard TD fit:

[Slasher, PVP]
200mm Steel Plates II
Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I, Tracking Speed Disruption Script

125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
5W Infectious Power System Malfunction

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Projectile Metastasis Adjuster I
Small Projectile Burst Aerator I

only engage turret ships, especially amarr frigs will go down easily.


That is very useful Titus Heldane. I'll keep it as a reference in case I'll reconsider my choice. cheers.
Doctor Knuckles
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2015-11-08 18:57:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Doctor Knuckles
well if you can use minnie ships and rockets, i also suggest the breacher then

this is a nice fit, and pretty unique as it's pretty much the only frig than can pull dual tanking off

[Breacher, dual tnak]
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
Ballistic Control System II

Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 50
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Hobgoblin II x2

you can also swap the ballistic control unit for a energized adaptive nano membrane II trading some dps for more tank, and you can go afterburner instead of mwd as well

btw, training into another weapon system and frig race is a matter of days, you should do it as soon as you can (im gonna assume at 6 mils sp you already have core fitting skills up to snuff and decent navigation)
Falak Atarid
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2015-11-08 19:11:10 UTC
Doctor Knuckles wrote:
well if you can use minnie ships and rockets, i also suggest the breacher then

this is a nice fit, and pretty unique as it's pretty much the only frig than can pull dual tanking off

[Breacher, dual tnak]
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
Ballistic Control System II

Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 50
5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Hobgoblin II x2

you can also swap the ballistic control unit for a energized adaptive nano membrane II trading some dps for more tank, and you can go afterburner instead of mwd as well

btw, training into another weapon system and frig race is a matter of days, you should do it as soon as you can (im gonna assume at 6 mils sp you already have core fitting skills up to snuff and decent navigation)


yeah something like that.
I just wanted to jump into action right away.
I'll try the breacher and the slasher before training other races ships.
thanks for your help Dr. Knuckles
Roseline Penshar
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2015-11-08 22:04:24 UTC
this is my rifter dunno how it will work for you

[Rifter, standard armor]
200mm Steel Plates II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II

Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I



Hail S x2000
Caldari Navy Nova Rocket x500
Madrax573
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2015-11-09 00:20:52 UTC
This is an effective rifter fit. I flew it all the time with a previous character that was pretty maxed for the rifter and it surprised a lot of people. It only got better once the rifters bonuses were changed.

[Rifter, Scram Kite - DC is for wimps]

Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Gyrostabilizer II
Adaptive Nano Plating II

1MN Afterburner II
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I

The slasher is a more popular choice with just as many viable fitting options but I still like the rifter.
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-11-09 04:07:43 UTC
Doctor Knuckles wrote:
Falak Atarid wrote:
Hello.

What is the best way to fit a rifter for FW PVP?
Will appreciate the very high end fit, so I can stream my skills in that direction if I’m lacking any.
I currently fly alone (no corp).

Now, I understand that this question might be repetitive, and I apologies.
I looked for a variety of fits online, but most of them created for low skill points and my inexperience preventing me for judging if they were outdated.

Will appreciate your support.
Cheers and thanks in advance.



best way to fit is to not fit it and go for almost anything else instead.

This might sound brutal, but the rifter is in a very sad place at the moment, and since you mention streamlining skills i'm gonna assume you're new, and believe me those skill points are much better directed at something else.




Beat me to it.

Slasher is better although made entirely of paper, not even duct tape and cardboard like other Minmatar ships.

The breacher is probably one of the three best T1 frigates in the game. Learn it.
Maekchu
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-11-09 05:58:52 UTC
While the Rifter sure needs some love. It can still take down other frigates, if you know what you are doing.

I've used plenty, flying them in a scram kiting setup.

[Rifter, Scram + Rocket]
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
200mm Steel Plates II

1MN Afterburner II
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

200mm AutoCannon II, Barrage S
200mm AutoCannon II, Barrage S
200mm AutoCannon II, Barrage S
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Nanobot Accelerator I

When that is said, the Breacher does what the Rifter does, just way better. You also scram kite, however it is faster, it does more dps and it does not have any tracking issues.
Falak Atarid
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2015-11-09 14:02:02 UTC
Thank you all for your valuable inputs. really appreciate it.
To mare
Advanced Technology
#13 - 2015-11-09 14:52:14 UTC
if you want to stick to minmatar frigs and you really hate the look of the slasher you could always fly a breacher if you have some rocket skills its still a much better 1v1 ship than the rifter
Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2015-11-09 15:32:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Bastion Arzi
rifters make me chuckle. they are usually a free kill and easily soloable in most stuff.

usually


slasher on the other hand is pretty scary for amarr ships. fast and has a neut and probably a td. pretty much hard counter for amarr frigs
Kharaxus
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2015-11-13 22:26:10 UTC
Falak Atarid wrote:
Hello.

What is the best way to fit a rifter for FW PVP?
Will appreciate the very high end fit, so I can stream my skills in that direction if I’m lacking any.
I currently fly alone (no corp).

Now, I understand that this question might be repetitive, and I apologies.
I looked for a variety of fits online, but most of them created for low skill points and my inexperience preventing me for judging if they were outdated.

Will appreciate your support.
Cheers and thanks in advance.


Back when I was in FW I used to fly a Rifter. Never got good at it. So I bought a Rupture. A breacher killed it.

So now what I like to do is slap on as many armor plates to a Rifter, as possible, with 125's I think, when in a FW fleet. That's a lot of fun.