These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Next on the chopping block, bumping?

First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#61 - 2015-11-03 21:07:03 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:

Bumping should only cause damage to the buming ship. NOT the ship being bumped.


"Realism ONLY when it favors me".

~Carebears.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#62 - 2015-11-03 21:15:32 UTC
Saskia Laru wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
...


It lives! Shocked

Hello,

It is politely requested that shiptoasters are not inline-quoted, so that the EvE forums 'hide posts' feature can work properly.

Please review the attached, and reflect on the future pain and angst that can be avoided by following this simple guidance.

Sincerely,
F
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#63 - 2015-11-03 22:15:23 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:


Bumping should only cause damage to the buming ship. NOT the ship being bumped. It's not the freighters fault he got bumped, so he shouldn't take damage. It's not fair to be able to damage a ship and circumvent destruction at the hands of CONCORD.

So you are saying I can park my ship at the Jita undock, and every ship that runs into me takes damage?



No, I'm saying it's the end of the work day, I'm bored so I started trolling. I appologize. Please contact Leto for verification of my slow work day trolling. I've tried to stop on several occaisions, but I just can't.

I really don't care who does what to freighters.


Vouch.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Egon Tar
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2015-11-03 22:27:46 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
Rhamnousia Nosferatu wrote:
Again, to all the crybabies, they were talking about changes to bumping in larger / capital context, and then Fozzie mentioned Freighters as well. So ye, I'm gonna guess that some changes will be coming, not specific to freighter bumping but to bumping in general, also impacting freighters. What kind of changes, when etc - no one knows for now, likely with the rest of cap changes (so spring next year).
It might be nothing, it might be everything, we just don't know. However, just seeing codies starting to whine already, when nothing is still known, brings joy to my heart. Sorry guys, but karma is a giant beach.


Im not a "codie". Im not even a ganker, or "bumper".

In the past year or so, so many content nerfs have smacked this game in the face. The AWOX nerf, the cancerous LY changes to capitals (fatigue was needed, but the LY changes are terrible), the citadel stuff looks pretty bad IMHO -- yeah I know its not done... but "Asset relocation"? CTFO. Hyperdunking. Yet still some people cry for nerfs to highsec wardeccing. Others want nerfs to bumping... Seriously where does it come to the point that the game has nothing left for the bad guys to do? Do you play games on easy just to win? I ******* dont.

I play EVE because I want to have the dangerous aspects there. I dont want to print free ISK while AFK hauling or mining. I dont want my stuff to magically reappear if my alliance loses its Citadel. Loss matters. Or it did, anyhow. So yeah, last nail in the coffin. One day, not too far from now, everyone who called for all these nerfs and cried for joy at the end of the ebil piwates will merrily afk their way to riches, grow insanely bored from the fact that nobody can hurt you, and quit. Because thats not freakin FUN.

"We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - JFK

^ Applies.

Seconded.
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#65 - 2015-11-03 22:38:36 UTC
Bumping needs to stay, hyperdunking was already removed so freighters arent facing much of a threat at all right now. If bumping is removed you can't have control at all over who you can or can't gank and all people have to do it just wait for fleet to go GCC and they can moonwalk through system without any escorts.

Bumping has hardcounters, people that die are just incredibly lazy and arent using them at all.

You can always counter 1 bumper with another bumper, freighter that can't be bumped however has no counter when it is in NPC corp.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Toxic Yaken
Deaths Consortium
Pandemic Horde
#66 - 2015-11-03 23:14:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Toxic Yaken
Make it so bumping damages both involved, now I can gank freighters with a bump Mach and logi without going criminal, please please please... Lol

Seriously though CCP I just want to see the explanations, rather than the stealth nerf we got for boarding ships while criminal (you called it Vimsy)

Also I look forward to another c&p threadnought, maybe some insight from a dev that isn't unrelated to the subject or a member of csm that isn't making a witty quip.. Would be nice...

Curator of the Wardec Project - Join our Discord to join the discussions about Wardecs

Avvy
Doomheim
#67 - 2015-11-04 01:43:08 UTC
There should be no damage when bumping, you only have to see ships undocking at Jita to know why.
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#68 - 2015-11-04 03:33:58 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Siegfried Cohenberg wrote:
CCP will never remove freighter bumping from the game. There needs to be a certain level of risk when flying a freighter.

There is. You are spending $15 a month to watch planets go past your ship, very, very slowly.

One thing to consider: How would bumping be changed? What I like: If you initiate warp, after some longish time, you will always warp, irrelevant of your velocity. Say, after two minutes.

With this change, a ship on autopilot, heading for the gate, is still just as vulnerable as now. Also, a ship being piloted can still be delayed from entering warp, giving time for proper tackle to arrive. But endlessly bumping a ship, with little recourse for the pilot, goes away.


yes, i like that too.
thats what i am talikng of.
wether bumpers nor freighters get anything for free, or are given what they wish.


lovely those end of eve tears from some ppl.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#69 - 2015-11-04 04:13:14 UTC
La Rynx wrote:

lovely those end of eve tears from some ppl.


End of EVE? Likely not.

End of EVE for me? I hate to say this, but it seems to be getting that way. The only reason I still have a sub is because of the time I have put into the game so far. I log in, ship spin, and log out.

I'm sure some people love where the direction is taking the game. I'm not one of those people.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Lodestone Toyee
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#70 - 2015-11-04 04:18:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Lodestone Toyee
Getting in on floor 4 of a soon-to-be skyscraper threadnaught.

I promised to stay calm, since I know there is no way CCP can mess this up. It seems to me like lots of the recent changes have been novel ideas dreamed up by people who don't play the game at all and want to just change things for the heck of it.

My speculation is that they will keep following their pattern. Bumping as a mechanic will be "weakened", then CCP will add some new mechanic to replace it that functions similarly, but requires more people (or isk) to execute. (maybe something along the lines of the ship tractor beam that citadels can use).
The result will be something that still works (Freighters are still vulnerable in highsec) but it will be more annoying to do.
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#71 - 2015-11-04 04:28:29 UTC
As Leto said this is not the end of Eve. But we can see it from here.

You can deny that Eve is going downhill.

Can't deny the decline in active subscriptions though, not to mention active players.
This is a sandbox game and removing what we can do sure as hell isn't helping its features.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2015-11-04 05:43:29 UTC
Freighter bumping is aggression-free tackle. That's problematic. You shouldn't be able to tackle another ship permanently without consequences.



Black Pedro
Mine.
#73 - 2015-11-04 07:16:00 UTC
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:
Freighter bumping is aggression-free tackle. That's problematic. You shouldn't be able to tackle another ship permanently without consequences.
Why? Because you say so?

It is perfectly reasonable game design to give the most powerful hauler in the game (and, more generally the most powerful ships in the game) a unique weakness. In this case, the vulnerability of capital ships to bump-tackle is one of their weaknesses to offset their large benefits.

I'm not saying bumping is the best or only "weakness" CCP could give to capital ships, but it is not necessarily a problem, it is just how CCP designed the game. Maybe they will come up with some better weakness, who knows?

But as it is freighters have a weakness to bump-tackling - account for that and use them, or fly something else.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#74 - 2015-11-04 07:16:12 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:


Bumping should only cause damage to the buming ship. NOT the ship being bumped. It's not the freighters fault he got bumped, so he shouldn't take damage. It's not fair to be able to damage a ship and circumvent destruction at the hands of CONCORD.

So you are saying I can park my ship at the Jita undock, and every ship that runs into me takes damage? Cool! Will I get killmails?

If even Vincent Athena gets why your idea is flawed you should probably biomass.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#75 - 2015-11-04 11:36:24 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:


Bumping should only cause damage to the buming ship. NOT the ship being bumped. It's not the freighters fault he got bumped, so he shouldn't take damage. It's not fair to be able to damage a ship and circumvent destruction at the hands of CONCORD.

So you are saying I can park my ship at the Jita undock, and every ship that runs into me takes damage? Cool! Will I get killmails?

If even Vincent Athena gets why your idea is flawed you should probably biomass.



I made a vow that I would not biomass until some time after Leto coughs up the thanatos carrier he owes me. If you want me to biomass - you have to get Leto to cough up the carrier. Then next step is in his hands - not mine.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#76 - 2015-11-04 13:54:44 UTC
Ro Fenrios wrote:
Have caught few carriers by just undocking machariel and bumping the cap out of range of docking. I would be sad to see this go away or get nerfed :(
Of course it would, because you benefit from it. Look at your wording though. If you just have to undock a machariel and bump, it would seem to me that it's too easy. Especially since you can just redock if things go awry.

Tengu Grib wrote:
Eve is getting safer and safer, and subscription numbers aren't really going up are they?
It's not though, is it. There are changes in both directions, you just ignore them if they don't fit your narrative. Bumping has been pretty lame since it was massively buffed a while back. Fixing it so that it's entertaining for both sides would be the best idea.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#77 - 2015-11-04 22:10:55 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:
Freighter bumping is aggression-free tackle. That's problematic. You shouldn't be able to tackle another ship permanently without consequences.
Why? Because you say so?

Because Eve is a harsh world where actions have consequences.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#78 - 2015-11-04 22:33:49 UTC
If you aint got haters, You aint poppin.

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#79 - 2015-11-05 03:22:12 UTC
simple solution - anyone attacked in highsec, causing the attackers to get GCC gets a 60 second free warp away period once concord shows, unaffected by bumping. Consider it a police escort.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#80 - 2015-11-05 05:26:07 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
simple solution - anyone attacked in highsec, causing the attackers to get GCC gets a 60 second free warp away period once concord shows, unaffected by bumping. Consider it a police escort.


Agreed. And if the guy who gets attacked loses his ship, he can just run back from the graveyard and respawn at his wreck, with all his stuff still there. That would get rid of that nasty "loss matters" garbage.

Also I think we should only be allowed to attack people a certain level equal or higher to us. Because it's only fair.

AOE heals from the NPC guards would be nice too.

Can someone point me to the auction house? I need to get a few of my items enchanted before spamming for tank/heals UBRS.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment