These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Bumping miners in high sec

Author
Wacktopia
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-01-05 22:03:19 UTC
Orbit the asteroid at 1km. Even if you get bumped your set orbit will pull you back in.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Xolve
State War Academy
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-01-05 22:04:15 UTC
Sonny Dang wrote:
mine with a Titan, the mass is too large to be bumped


Obviously you've never seen one in game.. they are retardedly easy to bump.
Crias Taylor
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-01-05 22:04:15 UTC
Oh wait that's how to bump.
Devoyd
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2012-01-05 22:19:10 UTC
Feligast wrote:
Devoyd wrote:
Kietay Ayari wrote:
Tore Vest wrote:
Just start orbiting something.... bumpers dont like moving targets.... Bear


This will actually work for 90% of the people who try bumping. Jetison a can and orbit it.


You are 100% wrong, all one needs to do is take your can and you will drift into space if not paying attention or afk. FYI: 78.9% of statistics are made up.


Then they are aggressed to your corp and you can shoot them with no repercussions. I fail to see the downside.


Anybody bumping or flipping cans is actually looking for a fight so.....
Ishmael Hansen
Smurf Command Centers
What Could Possibly Go Wr0ng
#25 - 2012-01-05 22:23:07 UTC
Taedrin wrote:
Ishmael Hansen wrote:
How do you fight them? And I'm talking about the ones hiding behind noob corps.

You can't mine, you can't kill them, you can't war dec them.

Suicide gankers are easy, because you get kill rights, now this new breed are like annoying insects and you can't do anything.






You CAN kill them, you just take a sec hit and get CONCORDUKKEN'd for it.

So log off - if you don't have the 15 minute aggression timer, you disappear after 60 seconds. Then log onto a suicide ganking alt and gank the bastard.



Ganking him would be too expensive, tried with a talos with 970dps, could get a bit more juice but that would need another 50m fitting, not worth imo. Orbiting can or asteroid is a no, I personally don't care but he's annoying the crap out of the local miners who can't do anything.

Gosh, I miss 0.0.
Skorpynekomimi
#26 - 2012-01-05 22:41:54 UTC
Change systems. He won't follow you, just find another miner to bump.

Next question?

Economic PVP

Ishmael Hansen
Smurf Command Centers
What Could Possibly Go Wr0ng
#27 - 2012-01-05 23:22:28 UTC
Skorpynekomimi wrote:
Change systems. He won't follow you, just find another miner to bump.

Next question?


No, this is a mechanic that you can't counter. This isn't eve.
James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#28 - 2012-01-06 01:04:04 UTC
Well, well, well...

Look at what we have here.

Ishmael, I am extremely disappointed. Here I was, giving you credit for attempting to suicide gank my stabber with your talos, and you do this? I would expect it from one of the miners. Apparently I misjudged you. So noted.

To answer the question in your OP, it's really quite simple. If you want to mine in Arvasaras, you pay me my ransom of 1 million isk. Upon receipt of said ransom, I will set you to positive standings for life, and you are free to mine all of the ore and ice in the system you want. Otherwise, you will have to deal with the consequences, namely getting bumped.

The choice is yours. I'm not your boss, just the boss of Arvasaras. I don't tell you how to live your life. I merely present you with the choice:

giev 1 mil or i bump

That is all.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#29 - 2012-01-06 01:08:34 UTC
activate a mwd and watch them bounce off.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#30 - 2012-01-06 01:08:43 UTC
turn on the mwd get into something that does 4k and charge. that normally moves the hulk aroumd

whoops wrong thread
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#31 - 2012-01-06 01:09:43 UTC
NEIN!

1)Stop mining in top hi sec ,go to middle hi sec
2) train anchoring 1
3) anchor can, orbit your own anchored can
4) Profit!

thats all.Bear

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Famble
Three's a Crowd
#32 - 2012-01-06 01:10:00 UTC
James 315 wrote:
Well, well, well...

Look at what we have here.

Ishmael, I am extremely disappointed. Here I was, giving you credit for attempting to suicide gank my stabber with your talos, and you do this? I would expect it from one of the miners. Apparently I misjudged you. So noted.

To answer the question in your OP, it's really quite simple. If you want to mine in Arvasaras, you pay me my ransom of 1 million isk. Upon receipt of said ransom, I will set you to positive standings for life, and you are free to mine all of the ore and ice in the system you want. Otherwise, you will have to deal with the consequences, namely getting bumped.

The choice is yours. I'm not your boss, just the boss of Arvasaras. I don't tell you how to live your life. I merely present you with the choice:

giev 1 mil or i bump

That is all.


I just lit 1 million isk on fire and I'll continue to do it every 30 minutes until someone pays you.

If anyone ever looks at you and says,_ "Hold my beer, watch this,"_  you're probably going to want to pay attention.

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#33 - 2012-01-06 01:26:34 UTC
Orbit an anchored can. Not only will bumping you be difficultish (especially with a tight orbit), but you will be able to drop or into it without fear of it getting swiped.

Another method is to mine inside the roid field. No straight line makes bumping hard. Downside of this is if you get stuck on a roid and can't warp away.
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#34 - 2012-01-06 02:17:42 UTC
I'm going to get my hulk and head over to Arvasaras to mine and not pay 1 mil.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#35 - 2012-01-06 02:43:15 UTC
This thread makes me want to get a 100mn MWD Vagabond.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Aggressive Nutmeg
#36 - 2012-01-06 06:27:15 UTC
I haven't mined in a very long time, but my Hulk is dumped near Arvasaras. Perhaps we'll have some fun. Big smile

Never make eye contact with someone while eating a banana.

Ocih
Space Mermaids
#37 - 2012-01-06 07:43:26 UTC
Bumping is annoying.
Annoyances can be ignored.

Ignore him.

I've had this happen on mining chars. I just kept mining, on a few occasions I had to move a bit or get new rocks but it wasn't really making a difference in my Ore.

Can flipping is a problem. Even with an Alt you need to drop to a can. It's a gift to griefers from CCP because it explses a non cambat character to forced PvP and locks out thier content.

Bumping miners? Just ignore it.
Ishmael Hansen
Smurf Command Centers
What Could Possibly Go Wr0ng
#38 - 2012-01-06 08:57:01 UTC
Ocih wrote:
Bumping is annoying.
Annoyances can be ignored.

Ignore him.

I've had this happen on mining chars. I just kept mining, on a few occasions I had to move a bit or get new rocks but it wasn't really making a difference in my Ore.

Can flipping is a problem. Even with an Alt you need to drop to a can. It's a gift to griefers from CCP because it explses a non cambat character to forced PvP and locks out thier content.

Bumping miners? Just ignore it.




I wish it was can flipping, I was even suicide ganked in the same system on my retriever, I don't have a problem with that, kill rights and all. But this is something I think we should have a counter like everything in eve.
Sonny Dang
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-01-06 11:28:42 UTC
is there a way stop receiving notifications?
flakeys
Doomheim
#40 - 2012-01-06 11:48:02 UTC
James 315 wrote:
Well, well, well...

Look at what we have here.

Ishmael, I am extremely disappointed. Here I was, giving you credit for attempting to suicide gank my stabber with your talos, and you do this? I would expect it from one of the miners. Apparently I misjudged you. So noted.

To answer the question in your OP, it's really quite simple. If you want to mine in Arvasaras, you pay me my ransom of 1 million isk. Upon receipt of said ransom, I will set you to positive standings for life, and you are free to mine all of the ore and ice in the system you want. Otherwise, you will have to deal with the consequences, namely getting bumped.

The choice is yours. I'm not your boss, just the boss of Arvasaras. I don't tell you how to live your life. I merely present you with the choice:

giev 1 mil or i bump

That is all.



Tough guy in npc corp bumping mining ships.



And the idiot of the month award goes to ....

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Previous page123Next page