These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!!

First post
Author
Crystalline Entity
Black Dragon PHP
Darwinism.
#2341 - 2015-10-22 07:51:40 UTC
£9.99 (convert to local currency) each month per account.... how utterly tragically expensive...it is not Star Scamitzen or other expensive gimmick,

Its a hobby, pay for it and don't be a slave to making money to play it for free Smile

We all have our hobbies that we pay real money for (gym membership, alcohol, loo roll, cancer sticks, football season tickets etc etc etc) but

"OMG I couldn't pay actual money for that service that I utilize", heaven forbid!

Hairtrigger
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2342 - 2015-10-22 13:21:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Hairtrigger
eve started going down hill when they started employing people just because they could commentate on tournys or make eve vids.

the likes of stavros (didnt he get put in charge of RP content then RP went down the shitter), verone, that kid thats goin bald(forgot his name)used to make drake vids and commentate, that fozzy guy, and prob more.

one of my old corp mates used to be one of the best ship fitters in game, used to post on the old forums a hell of alot, always with graphs and stuff to prove his points.

CCp tried to recuit him around 07/08, he did dissapear some time later to never log on again, he proberly took the job
lilol' me
Comply Or Die
Northern Coalition.
#2343 - 2015-10-22 16:02:12 UTC
Sorry if I'm being a little rude here but when you see something like star citizen and the incredible amount of stuff they have created compared to eve it's just night and day. I just don't feel CCP has the right people with the right skills and vision and balls to make radical changes to even compete. Eve is still 5 years in the past and I just see more of the same for the future. Star Citizen will end eve or drastically reduce its uptake if they don't seriously think differently. CCP just struggle with new modern game development and concepts. They couldn't even do walk in stations
Sarah Flynt
Red Cross Mercenaries
Silent Infinity
#2344 - 2015-10-22 16:33:01 UTC
lilol' me wrote:
Sorry if I'm being a little rude here but when you see something like star citizen and the incredible amount of stuff they have created compared to eve it's just night and day.

Please tell me where I can buy this "star citizen" that you speak so highly of. It doesn't seem to be listed in any game store.

lilol' me wrote:
I just don't feel CCP has the right people with the right skills and vision and balls to make radical changes to even compete.

At least CCP has a game.

lilol' me wrote:
Eve is still 5 years in the past and I just see more of the same for the future. Star Citizen will end eve or drastically reduce its uptake if they don't seriously think differently.

I find it more likely that it will end Kickstarter than it will end EVE.

Sick of High-Sec gankers? Join the public channel Anti-ganking and the dedicated intel channel Gank-Intel !

lilol' me
Comply Or Die
Northern Coalition.
#2345 - 2015-10-22 16:52:56 UTC
Sarah Flynt wrote:
lilol' me wrote:
Sorry if I'm being a little rude here but when you see something like star citizen and the incredible amount of stuff they have created compared to eve it's just night and day.

Please tell me where I can buy this "star citizen" that you speak so highly of. It doesn't seem to be listed in any game store.

lilol' me wrote:
I just don't feel CCP has the right people with the right skills and vision and balls to make radical changes to even compete.

At least CCP has a game.

lilol' me wrote:
Eve is still 5 years in the past and I just see more of the same for the future. Star Citizen will end eve or drastically reduce its uptake if they don't seriously think differently.

I find it more likely that it will end Kickstarter than it will end EVE.


Just keep burying that head in the sandbox
Netan MalDoran
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#2346 - 2015-10-22 17:12:09 UTC
Jita Jitara wrote:
I think the following might increase interest:

1) add more regions - more space needed, at least another 5000+ systems for the taking
2) limit corps to 75-100 members and alliances to 50 corporations, coalitions would be created, coalitions will dissolve, backstabs will occur. Everyone will have a fighting chance.
3) kill titans or make them stationary so that they serve a purpose of being a system defense structure rather then to move them about and use them in fleets.
4) eliminate jump bridges
5) 0.8-1.0 systems: no pirates/gankers allowed at all, 0.5-07 business as usual.
6) moon minerals should deplete on moons and respawn on different moons, which would encourage conquest. Each moon gives a random amount according moon size. Small moon = small amounts vs big moon = big amounts.
7) 30 day timecodes at 750m a pop would be nice to have :) equivalent to currency.
8) mining boats need a stronger tank so that they can withstand the pirate ganks in 0.5-0.7 systems.
9) old school sov wars where you popped towers was a nice thing, dunno if it can be brought back into life. but thats just me. Node wars did spread out the fights to several different systems, so I did not see any massive lags yet.
10) increase number of wormholes and add more WH bonus types
11) Drones should drop loot, same as other npc factions
12) risk vs reward, more challenging anomalies and signatures

also I heard about EVE from a mate who heard from a mate who heard from a priest etc... So maybe more marketing would not hurt the CCP wallets. ****'s sale, World of Tanks has a better ad on TV then WoW. And if WoT can fight for their fanbase, dont see why CCP cant do it themselves as well.


Ok, heres the reality:

1: More space wont help, much of non-FW low is empty along with much of Null. The only thing that will happen is the nullblocks will just claim it and rent it out or let it rot.
2: This would be pointless, as you would just have lots of linked corps just to get around the limit, so in the end, no difference here.
3: Incase you didn't notice, the definition of a Titan is a SHIP, not a freakin STATION!
4: No, just, no.
5: HTFU, or just not allow any mining or ratting in those systems either Twisted
6: Maybe just for the top two tiers of minerals, cause this would be hard for smaller corps to deal with.
7: Stop whining about PLEX prices.
8: Buy a procurer, don't be AFK, and again, HTFU!
9: Yeah, action would be nice.
10: How many more frickin WH's do you want???? Do you realize how many of these are empty as it is??
11: They used to, this should be brought back.
12: Do find some Drifters or Sleepers.

13: Are you a troll??? Big smile

"Your security status has been lowered." - Hell yeah it was!

Falcon's truth

Hashtag Rare Pepe
Doomheim
#2347 - 2015-10-22 17:13:25 UTC
lilol' me wrote:
Sorry if I'm being a little rude here but when you see something like star citizen and the incredible amount of stuff they have created compared to eve it's just night and day. I just don't feel CCP has the right people with the right skills and vision and balls to make radical changes to even compete. Eve is still 5 years in the past and I just see more of the same for the future. Star Citizen will end eve or drastically reduce its uptake if they don't seriously think differently. CCP just struggle with new modern game development and concepts. They couldn't even do walk in stations


Implying Star Fraudtizen will ever come out.
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#2348 - 2015-10-22 17:21:18 UTC
Hashtag Rare Pepe wrote:
lilol' me wrote:
Sorry if I'm being a little rude here but when you see something like star citizen and the incredible amount of stuff they have created compared to eve it's just night and day. I just don't feel CCP has the right people with the right skills and vision and balls to make radical changes to even compete. Eve is still 5 years in the past and I just see more of the same for the future. Star Citizen will end eve or drastically reduce its uptake if they don't seriously think differently. CCP just struggle with new modern game development and concepts. They couldn't even do walk in stations


Implying Star Fraudtizen will ever come out.



Wait, there are people who still think Star Citizen is ever going to see the light of day?

This "incredible amount of stuff they have created" - what does that consist of? Blog posts about the latest crowdfunding milestone?

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#2349 - 2015-10-22 17:28:28 UTC
lilol' me wrote:
Sorry if I'm being a little rude here but when you see something like star citizen and the incredible amount of stuff they have created compared to eve it's just night and day.
Pretty demos and presentations are not a game.

Quote:
I just don't feel CCP has the right people with the right skills and vision and balls to make radical changes to even compete. Eve is still 5 years in the past and I just see more of the same for the future. Star Citizen will end eve or drastically reduce its uptake if they don't seriously think differently.CCP just struggle with new modern game development and concepts. They couldn't even do walk in stations
Compete with what? Elite Dangerous is a different genre and Star Citizen consists mainly of hype.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Dan Seavey Allier
Seavy Acquisitions
#2350 - 2015-10-22 17:38:38 UTC
lilol' me wrote:
Sarah Flynt wrote:
lilol' me wrote:
Sorry if I'm being a little rude here but when you see something like star citizen and the incredible amount of stuff they have created compared to eve it's just night and day.

Please tell me where I can buy this "star citizen" that you speak so highly of. It doesn't seem to be listed in any game store.

lilol' me wrote:
I just don't feel CCP has the right people with the right skills and vision and balls to make radical changes to even compete.

At least CCP has a game.

lilol' me wrote:
Eve is still 5 years in the past and I just see more of the same for the future. Star Citizen will end eve or drastically reduce its uptake if they don't seriously think differently.

I find it more likely that it will end Kickstarter than it will end EVE.


Just keep burying that head in the sandbox



Star Citizen called. They need another 50.00 from you to add it's next 4 features, that will be started on after the completion of the last announced 3 features which will begin right after we finish polishing the source code and feeding the neeblewitzes.

There are worst places to bury your head.....know what i'm say'in?



Dan

Honey Never Sleeps. - John Russell

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#2351 - 2015-10-23 00:45:51 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
lilol' me wrote:
Sorry if I'm being a little rude here but when you see something like star citizen and the incredible amount of stuff they have created compared to eve it's just night and day.
Pretty demos and presentations are not a game.

Quote:
I just don't feel CCP has the right people with the right skills and vision and balls to make radical changes to even compete. Eve is still 5 years in the past and I just see more of the same for the future. Star Citizen will end eve or drastically reduce its uptake if they don't seriously think differently.CCP just struggle with new modern game development and concepts. They couldn't even do walk in stations
Compete with what? Elite Dangerous is a different genre and Star Citizen consists mainly of hype.



What Genre would you call Elite Dangerous then... "Good"?

Its a space ship game, that you can fight, mine, trade and do it all solo or in groups with better balance of force projection and quicker access to action. It also requires the user to be present at his/her keyboard and has so much space and exploration that only 1/10th of the game has even been discovered yet.... Its also free each month, so you get more value for your money after say month 4 or 5 than you do with Eve...

My account here can't run out of time fast enough.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#2352 - 2015-10-23 01:16:00 UTC
Market McSelling Alt wrote:


My account here can't run out of time fast enough.


Finally, some good news Twisted
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#2353 - 2015-10-23 01:20:03 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Market McSelling Alt wrote:


My account here can't run out of time fast enough.


Finally, some good news Twisted



When enough of us leave, it will be just like playing Elite on Solo...

Just remember, people like you are the ones who told us to go.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Verminah Helbain
Riemannian Manifold Torus
#2354 - 2015-10-23 01:20:43 UTC
I miss the old devs and their Jove chars Big smile
TomB best dev ever With his nerfbat of doom
Martin Corwin
Doomheim
#2355 - 2015-10-23 01:55:16 UTC
Market McSelling Alt wrote:


What Genre would you call Elite Dangerous then... "Good"?

Its a space ship game, that you can fight, mine, trade and do it all solo or in groups with better balance of force projection and quicker access to action. It also requires the user to be present at his/her keyboard and has so much space and exploration that only 1/10th of the game has even been discovered yet.... Its also free each month, so you get more value for your money after say month 4 or 5 than you do with Eve...


E:D is not a MMO. Instances where players can fight each other are limited to a laughable low 16 players, IIRC (no, I'm not talking about that new Arena thingy). Even in empire space, E:D is almost totally empty, save for one or two systems, because most people play in solo mode. Trading is a joke - only 2 or 3 handfuls of items to trade and the economy is not player run because you can't build anything by yourself. Which makes mining and trading rather superfluous, they only serve as a means to farm credits. There's no API to query ingame stuff. All these millions of solar systems are only conglomerations of a few basic planet/moon/star types. Lore is basically nonexistent.

E:D gets old, fast. I put it down again after about 70 h of gameplay, because I was bored to death. By comparison, I have over 3k hours logged playing EvE and this is even extended by time I spent EFT warrioring or researching mechanics/lore.

E:D is not an EvE killer, not by a long shot. They are quite different as games.
helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2356 - 2015-10-23 02:09:44 UTC
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
lilol' me wrote:
Sorry if I'm being a little rude here but when you see something like star citizen and the incredible amount of stuff they have created compared to eve it's just night and day.
Pretty demos and presentations are not a game.

Quote:
I just don't feel CCP has the right people with the right skills and vision and balls to make radical changes to even compete. Eve is still 5 years in the past and I just see more of the same for the future. Star Citizen will end eve or drastically reduce its uptake if they don't seriously think differently.CCP just struggle with new modern game development and concepts. They couldn't even do walk in stations
Compete with what? Elite Dangerous is a different genre and Star Citizen consists mainly of hype.



What Genre would you call Elite Dangerous then... "Good"?

Its a space ship game, that you can fight, mine, trade and do it all solo or in groups with better balance of force projection and quicker access to action. It also requires the user to be present at his/her keyboard and has so much space and exploration that only 1/10th of the game has even been discovered yet.... Its also free each month, so you get more value for your money after say month 4 or 5 than you do with Eve...

My account here can't run out of time fast enough.



and yet you care enough to post on the forums multiple times everyday...

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#2357 - 2015-10-23 02:16:49 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:


and yet you care enough to post on the forums multiple times everyday...


Noticed that too did you?

That's because people like that aren't actually looking for a 'better' game (the people who are leave quietly), they are looking to manipulate CCP (though fear) into doing what they want them to with EVE.
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#2358 - 2015-10-23 04:37:34 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
helana Tsero wrote:


and yet you care enough to post on the forums multiple times everyday...


Noticed that too did you?

That's because people like that aren't actually looking for a 'better' game (the people who are leave quietly), they are looking to manipulate CCP (though fear) into doing what they want them to with EVE.



That mirror over there... look pretty in it don't ya?!

I gave up trying to make this game better. Too many sociopathic personalities telling people to harden the F up while at the same time crying when CCP doesn't let them bend rules and play easy mode.

I will continue to post until my sub runs out. And Jenn will continue the personal attacks in lieu of any actual content in context.

Keep pretending you are just a "harmless carebear that just happens to love the harsh world of eve if it were only darker and colder but you don't actually want change"

One heck of a title.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#2359 - 2015-10-23 08:53:45 UTC
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
What Genre would you call Elite Dangerous then... "Good"?
MMO is a genre, ED while technically an MMO, is more of a space flight simulator with mini games and instances. It's not a bad one either, at least from the time I've spent playing it.

Quote:
Its a space ship game, that you can fight, mine, trade and do it all solo or in groups with better balance of force projection and quicker access to action. It also requires the user to be present at his/her keyboard and has so much space and exploration that only 1/10th of the game has even been discovered yet.... Its also free each month, so you get more value for your money after say month 4 or 5 than you do with Eve...
While ED may contain elements of game play that are similar to those in Eve and even calls itself an MMO the truth is that the only real thing they have in common is the setting.

Quote:
My account here can't run out of time fast enough.
Bye.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#2360 - 2015-10-23 10:11:19 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
lilol' me wrote:
Sorry if I'm being a little rude here but when you see something like star citizen and the incredible amount of stuff they have created compared to eve it's just night and day.
Pretty demos and presentations are not a game.

Quote:
I just don't feel CCP has the right people with the right skills and vision and balls to make radical changes to even compete. Eve is still 5 years in the past and I just see more of the same for the future. Star Citizen will end eve or drastically reduce its uptake if they don't seriously think differently.CCP just struggle with new modern game development and concepts. They couldn't even do walk in stations
Compete with what? Elite Dangerous is a different genre and Star Citizen consists mainly of hype.


It's not "compete with", but "compete for". There is a limited pool of players and all videogames compete for it.

EVE is very appealing to EVE players.

But for the players who still aren't playing, picking between EVE or nothing was very different form picking between EVE or E:D and maybe SC.