These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Young Gallente Pilot & the Current Meta

Author
Johnny Riko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2015-10-19 22:08:51 UTC
Doctor Knuckles wrote:
Johnny Riko wrote:
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:
Svipul.

If a frigate is required, the Federation Navy Comet remains the best navy frigate and can even challenge some AF's, T3D's and pirate frigates 1v1.

The 150mm rail comet is a terror.


Can you show me what a typical 150mm rail comet fit looks like?



Variations of something like this

[Federation Navy Comet, Hull Rails]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

1MN Afterburner II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
[empty high slot]
150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Transverse Bulkhead II
Small Transverse Bulkhead II
Small Transverse Bulkhead II

Acolyte II x3
Warrior II x3
Nanite Repair Paste x100
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x500
Javelin S x500
Spike S x500


could also use meta DCU to get cpu enough for a neut / nos, and ofc downgrade rigs to t1 if you want to save a buck

I also like to dual prop the comet, and use blasters, quite a fun ship.

Consider that the rail comet is a beast 1v1, but is not great at engaging multiple foes. For that kind of thing, the navy frig you want is the Slicer


Thanks. And I assume this type of comet should be flown as a scram kiter?

I wanna join up. I think I got what it takes to be a Citizen.

Doctor Knuckles
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2015-10-20 07:23:51 UTC
Johnny Riko wrote:


Thanks. And I assume this type of comet should be flown as a scram kiter?



yep
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-10-20 09:38:00 UTC
Doctor Knuckles wrote:
Johnny Riko wrote:
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:
Svipul.

If a frigate is required, the Federation Navy Comet remains the best navy frigate and can even challenge some AF's, T3D's and pirate frigates 1v1.

The 150mm rail comet is a terror.


Can you show me what a typical 150mm rail comet fit looks like?



Variations of something like this

[Federation Navy Comet, Hull Rails]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

1MN Afterburner II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
[empty high slot]
150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S

Small Transverse Bulkhead II
Small Transverse Bulkhead II
Small Transverse Bulkhead II

Acolyte II x3
Warrior II x3
Nanite Repair Paste x100
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x500
Javelin S x500
Spike S x500


could also use meta DCU to get cpu enough for a neut / nos, and ofc downgrade rigs to t1 if you want to save a buck

I also like to dual prop the comet, and use blasters, quite a fun ship.

Consider that the rail comet is a beast 1v1, but is not great at engaging multiple foes. For that kind of thing, the navy frig you want is the Slicer


The problem with the slicer is that everyone knows your fit the moment they see you on dscan. The comet is really overpowered because it is versatile and really strong with each of those fitting options. Scram kite rail comet can murder brawlers with range control and kill or drive off kiters with long range ammo and drones. A blaster comet can get 350 DPS and melt anything that it can close on. An MWD kite comet has superior tank to the slicer with nearly the same speed and damage projection, while a speed fit brawl comet can close on and murder kiters before they know why they're dead. I've even seen dual rep cap boosted comets which sacrifice some range control for a monster tank.

I love the slicer, I think it is a better looking ship than the comet and a fun ship to fly...but it is too predictable. The comet can be fit for any fighting style and is good at all of them.
Doctor Knuckles
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2015-10-20 11:47:01 UTC
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:


The problem with the slicer is that everyone knows your fit the moment they see you on dscan. The comet is really overpowered because it is versatile and really strong with each of those fitting options. Scram kite rail comet can murder brawlers with range control and kill or drive off kiters with long range ammo and drones. A blaster comet can get 350 DPS and melt anything that it can close on. An MWD kite comet has superior tank to the slicer with nearly the same speed and damage projection, while a speed fit brawl comet can close on and murder kiters before they know why they're dead. I've even seen dual rep cap boosted comets which sacrifice some range control for a monster tank.

I love the slicer, I think it is a better looking ship than the comet and a fun ship to fly...but it is too predictable. The comet can be fit for any fighting style and is good at all of them.



Slicer is predictable of course, just tiny variations on 2 fits really, but gangs will almost always engage a solo slicer (well, untill they know you...)

"Sure thing boys we can kill that guy no problem! We're 3 mighty condors! THE STATE'S FINESTS!!! TDs and missiles ahoy!"

*blap blap blap


btw a kite comet (love it) has nowhere near the dps of a slicer, altough it doesnt cap itself out that fast. Different uses really
Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2015-10-20 12:15:43 UTC
I don't remember the slicer having decent deeps might be rong I guess (shrugs)
Spruillo
Lord Narg Corporation
#26 - 2015-10-20 15:20:41 UTC
fw YOU NEED TO FIND AA PUB FW FC THAT HAS BALLS R U WILL SPEND ALL UR TIME DOCKING AN WARPING DONT BEILIEVE NE1 SMALL FLEETS KILL PPL

PLAYIN SPACE TRUCKS VROOM VROOM

Spruillo
Lord Narg Corporation
#27 - 2015-10-20 15:29:52 UTC
YALL GAVE THIS GUY A FITTING WHEN HE REALLY NEADS A WAY OF LIVING

PLAYIN SPACE TRUCKS VROOM VROOM

Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2015-10-20 15:38:58 UTC
Any reason for caps lock?
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2015-10-21 05:13:35 UTC
Doctor Knuckles wrote:
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:


The problem with the slicer is that everyone knows your fit the moment they see you on dscan. The comet is really overpowered because it is versatile and really strong with each of those fitting options. Scram kite rail comet can murder brawlers with range control and kill or drive off kiters with long range ammo and drones. A blaster comet can get 350 DPS and melt anything that it can close on. An MWD kite comet has superior tank to the slicer with nearly the same speed and damage projection, while a speed fit brawl comet can close on and murder kiters before they know why they're dead. I've even seen dual rep cap boosted comets which sacrifice some range control for a monster tank.

I love the slicer, I think it is a better looking ship than the comet and a fun ship to fly...but it is too predictable. The comet can be fit for any fighting style and is good at all of them.



Slicer is predictable of course, just tiny variations on 2 fits really, but gangs will almost always engage a solo slicer (well, untill they know you...)

"Sure thing boys we can kill that guy no problem! We're 3 mighty condors! THE STATE'S FINESTS!!! TDs and missiles ahoy!"

*blap blap blap


btw a kite comet (love it) has nowhere near the dps of a slicer, altough it doesnt cap itself out that fast. Different uses really



With drones and whatever the long range ammo (thorium?) you should be approaching 140 no? That's about what a slicer gets.
Doctor Knuckles
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2015-10-21 07:31:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Doctor Knuckles
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:



With drones and whatever the long range ammo (thorium?) you should be approaching 140 no? That's about what a slicer gets.


Nah man not even close, slicer packs a way stronger punch than that, especially if beams (**** tracking tho, manual piloting to keep transversal at minimum is a must or you won't hit ****)

Not only that, thorium doesn't get as good an optimal as a slicer gets, nor as good tracking if you go scorch slicer, drones's dps isn't the same as turret dps, if you are good at controlling transversal guns are gonna hit, drones will miss and graze quite a bit, especially on a unwebbed target,, and on mwd ships they gonna deal abysmal damage playing catch up after every shot. Also you can't heat drones' dps.

Comet's pros in a kiting scenario is cap life and the possibility of fitting a non terriblet tank
Chessur
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#31 - 2015-10-23 11:59:30 UTC
If you are a young gallente pilot, and interested in small gang, check out this video :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL8HD7_-Ut78RWBa0SRnj9JpXUzZhubC7Z&v=Pxo6YO5A08k
Titus Heldane
The Vomit Comets
#32 - 2015-10-23 12:34:58 UTC
i much prefer the kiting comet over the slicer. heres a slicer fit compared to a comet:

[Imperial Navy Slicer, pulses]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Overdrive Injector System II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II

Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
[empty high slot]

Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Semiconductor Memory Cell I

23k optimal, 164 dps with scorch. only has 38s of cap with everything running though, and is very light on tank. heres the comet i use:

[Federation Navy Comet, AAR kite]
Tracking Enhancer II
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

Warp Disruptor II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Thorium Charge S
[empty high slot]
150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Thorium Charge S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator II

Warrior II x3
Warrior II x3
Navy Cap Booster 400 x8

144 dps with thorium and warriors, 21k optimal. has absolutely no cap issues because of the booster, you can permarun the repper. its tankier than most brawling frigs, but it is around 200 m/s slower than the slicer i posted. the slicer also tracks a lot better.

i prefer the comet because of its massive tank and good cap, making it a lot easier to fly, especially against multiple targets.
Doctor Knuckles
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2015-10-23 13:36:12 UTC
Titus Heldane wrote:
i much prefer the kiting comet over the slicer. heres a slicer fit compared to a comet:


Valid points all of them really, it comes down to a pilot's preferred strong points really.

One thing i'd like to point out tho, is that on that comet the dps is not the real dps. Drones, even not counting travel time, will never apply perfect damage on a non webbed target, and on a MWDing frig they'll play catch up and pretty much attack once in a while, so the dps gap with the slicer is bigger than it seems (also pulse is closer to 200 hot, beam is more like around 240 hot at 24k, comet's can't OH all of its damage)

Also, yeah. The slicer has terrible cap. Eventually you'll cap yourself out even without the repper, which is there for emergencies and to rep between fights really, it's not something you plan to use in all the fights. Generally, if they can hit you well enough, you run, or you overwhelm with the dps.

But really it comes down to what you intend to do with it
1- want dps and tracking? pulse slicer.
2- want massive dps and **** garmurs up? beam slicer
3- want a ship capable of beefier staying power but lower (or much lower compared to beam) damage? comet

Switch Savage
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2015-10-23 13:40:58 UTC
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:
Doctor Knuckles wrote:
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:


The problem with the slicer is that everyone knows your fit the moment they see you on dscan. The comet is really overpowered because it is versatile and really strong with each of those fitting options. Scram kite rail comet can murder brawlers with range control and kill or drive off kiters with long range ammo and drones. A blaster comet can get 350 DPS and melt anything that it can close on. An MWD kite comet has superior tank to the slicer with nearly the same speed and damage projection, while a speed fit brawl comet can close on and murder kiters before they know why they're dead. I've even seen dual rep cap boosted comets which sacrifice some range control for a monster tank.

I love the slicer, I think it is a better looking ship than the comet and a fun ship to fly...but it is too predictable. The comet can be fit for any fighting style and is good at all of them.



Slicer is predictable of course, just tiny variations on 2 fits really, but gangs will almost always engage a solo slicer (well, untill they know you...)

"Sure thing boys we can kill that guy no problem! We're 3 mighty condors! THE STATE'S FINESTS!!! TDs and missiles ahoy!"

*blap blap blap


btw a kite comet (love it) has nowhere near the dps of a slicer, altough it doesnt cap itself out that fast. Different uses really



With drones and whatever the long range ammo (thorium?) you should be approaching 140 no? That's about what a slicer gets.


180 dps with x3 acolytes and thorium, still got nothing on a slicer.
Chessur
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#35 - 2015-10-23 14:16:19 UTC
Titus Heldane wrote:
i much prefer the kiting comet over the slicer. heres a slicer fit compared to a comet:

[Imperial Navy Slicer, pulses]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Overdrive Injector System II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II

Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
[empty high slot]

Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Semiconductor Memory Cell I

23k optimal, 164 dps with scorch. only has 38s of cap with everything running though, and is very light on tank. heres the comet i use:

[Federation Navy Comet, AAR kite]
Tracking Enhancer II
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

Warp Disruptor II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Thorium Charge S
[empty high slot]
150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Thorium Charge S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator II

Warrior II x3
Warrior II x3
Navy Cap Booster 400 x8

144 dps with thorium and warriors, 21k optimal. has absolutely no cap issues because of the booster, you can permarun the repper. its tankier than most brawling frigs, but it is around 200 m/s slower than the slicer i posted. the slicer also tracks a lot better.

i prefer the comet because of its massive tank and good cap, making it a lot easier to fly, especially against multiple targets.



Your slicer fit needs a bit of help, and why dont you run a dual magstab comet? Something like :

[Federation Navy Comet, Federation Navy Comet]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Thorium Charge S
150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Thorium Charge S
[empty high slot]

Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator II
Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator II
Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator I




Acolyte II x2Acolyte II x1

Excuse the 1mn mwd, throw a compact 5mn on instead. That fit is 166dps 26+7km

As for the slicer, it should look like this:

[Imperial Navy Slicer, Imperial Navy Slicer]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Gamma S
Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Gamma S
[empty high slot]

Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Energy Locus Coordinator I


Again with mwd, switch to 5mn Compact. Slicer is 235DPS 25+4km needs ee-603.
Previous page12