These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[December] Discovering a New Expedition Frigate

First post First post First post
Author
Justin Cody
War Firm
#81 - 2015-10-03 23:50:35 UTC
make that a 400% mining bonus for the single turret and it will be acceptable
Scuzzy Logic
Space Spuds
#82 - 2015-10-04 03:17:15 UTC
Gas Mining model WHEN?!
Zevix
Theoretical Paradigms Initiative
Everyones Best Interest
#83 - 2015-10-04 04:10:58 UTC
I see someones been listening and adapting my ideas again:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5942986#post5942986
GrandLynx
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2015-10-04 04:58:45 UTC
Q1 Will there be a nerf to existing Ice sources so that there is increased attraction risk? Currently why would a high-sec miner or enclave null miner leave safety?

Q2. Drop the frigate mining bonus for a probe/scan bonus? This is thing is expected to be able to get through WHs

Q3. Will the invention/manufacture path for the Ice Miner 2 will be a convoluted as Strip Miner?

Q4. Needs to be more incentive for the ORE Ice Laser. The only way to get these things will be through the LP store in Outer Ring. Or is that also to change? For the price of one, I bet you'll be able to buy 10 frigates. (a fool and their isk are soon parted, I guess)

Q5 why not throw in ORE upgrades for ice and mining?

Q6. another voice to the request for small Ice/Mex rigs

Q7. additional range to the gas harvesters?
RainReaper
RRN Industries
#85 - 2015-10-04 10:36:10 UTC
so your telling me i will now be able to mine glare crust in lowsec space to get a lot more heavy water and liquid ozone and not have to mine 1000 blocks of glacial mass just to power my tower for a fev days because the glassial mass got a **** amount of that stuff and is prety much just isotopes? i love you guys
Moac Tor
Cyber Core
Immediate Destruction
#86 - 2015-10-04 11:43:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Moac Tor
It is a shame this can't use a covert ops cloak and go through a jump portal. That limits a lot of its uses in null sec.
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#87 - 2015-10-04 12:01:51 UTC
2 coins from me:

- Cov Ops cloak. Regular cloak in null is like free meal.

- Strip miner? I'm sure the art team would make the hull look awesome with it, and there is no need for a new module meant especially for a single, niche ship.
PecX Ocedei
Pulling The Plug
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#88 - 2015-10-04 12:16:03 UTC
Blade Darth wrote:
2 coins from me:

- Cov Ops cloak. Regular cloak in null is like free meal.

- Strip miner? I'm sure the art team would make the hull look awesome with it, and there is no need for a new module meant especially for a single, niche ship.


Why would the regular cloak be a free meal in null in this case? Normally, yes I would agree, but the Discovery doesn't take a speed hit from using the normal cloak. So I realy don't see the difference between this and hitting a bubble in a Prospect. I have been decloaked on several bubbles in the Prospect and managed to get out alive by using the cloak, and manuvering out of the bubble.
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#89 - 2015-10-04 12:35:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Haatakan Reppola
GrandLynx wrote:
Q1 Will there be a nerf to existing Ice sources so that there is increased attraction risk? Currently why would a high-sec miner or enclave null miner leave safety?

Q2. Drop the frigate mining bonus for a probe/scan bonus? This is thing is expected to be able to get through WHs

Q3. Will the invention/manufacture path for the Ice Miner 2 will be a convoluted as Strip Miner?

Q4. Needs to be more incentive for the ORE Ice Laser. The only way to get these things will be through the LP store in Outer Ring. Or is that also to change? For the price of one, I bet you'll be able to buy 10 frigates. (a fool and their isk are soon parted, I guess)

Q5 why not throw in ORE upgrades for ice and mining?

Q6. another voice to the request for small Ice/Mex rigs

Q7. additional range to the gas harvesters?


1: The RISK will be almost non existing, when it comes down to risk vs reward that would play a huge role. Less than 50% cost compared to mining barge but frigate agility + cloak

2: probe/scan bonus would be nice but mostly not needed, how often do those bonuses alow you to scan something you would not be able to scan without?

4: Incentive for ORE laser is a problem with the LP store not this new ship

5: Another one thats more tied to LP store than this ship

6: Mercoxit rig is not related to this ship (already have 2 ships that could benefit, bouth better ore miners). Ice rig possibly makes it to good, add that rig and the ship will have to be balanced assuming that rig is used
Justa Hunni
State War Academy
Caldari State
#90 - 2015-10-04 17:12:56 UTC
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
It will also nearly make ganking a miner impossible.


Aren't gankers the ones always telling miners to HTFU? It would be nice to have some sortof counter to be able to survive when someone attacks your totally unarmed ship.
As to why people might chose an exhumer instead of this, the Skiff is still very survivable and can at least fight back to some degree. This just adds a different survival strategy to mining.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#91 - 2015-10-04 17:26:34 UTC
Justa Hunni wrote:
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
It will also nearly make ganking a miner impossible.


Aren't gankers the ones always telling miners to HTFU? It would be nice to have some sortof counter to be able to survive when someone attacks your totally unarmed ship.
As to why people might chose an exhumer instead of this, the Skiff is still very survivable and can at least fight back to some degree. This just adds a different survival strategy to mining.



Aside from that, the barges will still beat the expedition frigates hands down, when it comes to yield.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Lugh Crow-Slave
#92 - 2015-10-04 21:42:01 UTC
Selto Black wrote:
I like this, however, it does put a bit of a skill wall up for younger players who wish to gather resources under hostile conditions.



The venture is still an option for them in fact it lowers the barrier for ice mining in general
Lugh Crow-Slave
#93 - 2015-10-04 22:04:16 UTC
Have you considered letting them be bridged even with no covet ops cloak?

One of the best ways prospects are used in a group is with blops mining it would be nice to extend this to the ice miner as well.

Of course if this breaks something balance wise that's understandable
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#94 - 2015-10-05 00:05:50 UTC
Happy to see this, I look forward to both building and blowing these up.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Scott Weaver
Aideron Robotics
#95 - 2015-10-05 12:06:53 UTC
Quote:
targeting delay reduced to 5 seconds

I understand cloak re-activation bonus, but why does it have targeting recalibration bonus?
Not even covops/recons have that advantage
CCP Terminus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#96 - 2015-10-05 14:47:34 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Terminus
Scott Weaver wrote:
Quote:
targeting delay reduced to 5 seconds

I understand cloak re-activation bonus, but why does it have targeting recalibration bonus?
Not even covops/recons have that advantage


Black Ops have no targeting delay, as do stealth bombers. This just reduces it to 5 seconds instead.
The Prospect also has about a 5 second retargeting delay, because the base for Cov Ops cloaks is 10 seconds, reduced by some skills to around 5.

@CCP_Terminus // Game Designer // Team Size Matters

My Little Friend
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#97 - 2015-10-05 16:26:34 UTC
I would like to request that the requirement of having a turret slot be removed from both the new ice mining lasers and the old mining lasers. It is discriminatory towards the Caldari who use mostly missile based ships and as a result are unable to mine in many of these ships. The ability to fit mining lasers on these ships will result in new and emergent game play such as Leviathan mining that will surely create PVP content for all.

Thanks
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#98 - 2015-10-05 17:48:22 UTC
My Little Friend wrote:
I would like to request that the requirement of having a turret slot be removed from both the new ice mining lasers and the old mining lasers. It is discriminatory towards the Caldari who use mostly missile based ships and as a result are unable to mine in many of these ships. The ability to fit mining lasers on these ships will result in new and emergent game play such as Leviathan mining that will surely create PVP content for all.

Thanks

Caldari have access to enough ships with turrets, removing the need for turret hardpoints would do more harm than good.

Without the need for a turret hardpoint for mining laser or the new ice mining laser the mining frigates have to be rebalanced (nerfed) with using all high slots for mining lasers. Venture/Prospect would get +50% yield (3 high vs 2 hardpoints) and would need to loos alot of its mining bonus to stay at the same yield with 1 extra miner (loose utility high)
Alexis Nightwish
#99 - 2015-10-05 18:27:52 UTC
Just curious as to the rationale behind not letting the Discovery warp while cloaked.

CCP approaches problems in one of two ways: nudge or cludge

EVE Online's "I win!" Button

Fixing bombs, not the bombers

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#100 - 2015-10-05 19:26:34 UTC
CCP Terminus wrote:

What colour will it be? - Icy I hope :)


From this spectrum.