These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Hey CCP; Why are you re-releasing "uniques" ? Gold Magnate / Silver

Author
Tyrrax Thorrk
Guiding Hand Social Club
#141 - 2015-09-28 13:57:33 UTC
TinkerHell wrote:
There are 6 silver magnates i know about now. Which is being increasing to 98. Thats over 16 times as many of this 'rare' ship being added to the game.


's actually 20 more silvers 4 more golds
TinkerHell
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#142 - 2015-09-28 14:03:34 UTC  |  Edited by: TinkerHell
Tyrrax Thorrk wrote:
TinkerHell wrote:
There are 6 silver magnates i know about now. Which is being increasing to 98. Thats over 16 times as many of this 'rare' ship being added to the game.


's actually 20 more silvers 4 more golds


Im glad to be wrong then i guess :P But it still sucks
Tyrrax Thorrk
Guiding Hand Social Club
#143 - 2015-09-28 14:20:04 UTC
it's not even a good prize
last time it was 3 silver 1 gold 4 impocs for winning team, 4 silvers + imparma per losing team

but hey might as well make the prizes crappy when you're already violating your guarantees, being lazy and unoriginal
( somehow I doubt this is what Seagull had in mind )
TinkerHell
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#144 - 2015-09-28 14:43:30 UTC
Tyrrax Thorrk wrote:
it's not even a good prize
last time it was 3 silver 1 gold 4 impocs for winning team, 4 silvers + imparma per losing team

but hey might as well make the prizes crappy when you're already violating your guarantees, being lazy and unoriginal
( somehow I doubt this is what Seagull had in mind )


See i wouldnt even be bothered if they just renamed the original with the date reward at the end. Then these new ones have the current date. Making them different ships. Also takes next to no effort.
Faenir Antollare
For Ever And Ever
#145 - 2015-09-28 14:54:44 UTC
Kinda negates the "unique" out of it though, something that a great many feel should be cherished rather than disregarded and not just for the those that have over than the many voices of those of the have not's.

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife

Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#146 - 2015-09-28 15:01:13 UTC
This thread has reminded me of a picture from many years ago, replace s**t with ship and it fits pretty nicely. So your exclusive toy is no longer exclusive? It was worth the price you paid for it or you wouldn't have bought it.

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

TinkerHell
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#147 - 2015-09-28 15:08:58 UTC  |  Edited by: TinkerHell
Mr Mieyli wrote:
It was worth the price you paid for it or you wouldn't have bought it.


Collectors tend to pay more for art when the artist is dead as there are no more pieces made. We were told there would be no more of these ships. So their value went up accordingly. If i was an art collector, Id be pretty pissed if i had a Van Gough and he came back from the dead to paint another 20 paintings.
Salvos Rhoska
#148 - 2015-09-28 15:13:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
TinkerHell wrote:
Mr Mieyli wrote:
It was worth the price you paid for it or you wouldn't have bought it.


Collectors tend to pay more for art when the artist is dead as there are no more pieces made. We were told there would be no more of these ships. So their value went up accordingly. If i was an art collector, Id be pretty pissed if i had a Van Gough and he came back from the dead to paint another 20 paintings.


Youd be pissed if Van Gogh came back from the dead?

Id be many things at such an occurance, but "pissed" would probably not be among them.

Furthermore, as a collector of his fine art, surely you would be overjoyed that he has ressurected and can now produce more of the artbwhich you so enjoy?

Oh wait. You mean as an INVESTMENT. Aaah, ok.

Even then, his existing pieces would still retain their own value, as unique pieces from his previous incarnation.
TinkerHell
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#149 - 2015-09-28 15:16:20 UTC  |  Edited by: TinkerHell
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
TinkerHell wrote:
Mr Mieyli wrote:
It was worth the price you paid for it or you wouldn't have bought it.


Collectors tend to pay more for art when the artist is dead as there are no more pieces made. We were told there would be no more of these ships. So their value went up accordingly. If i was an art collector, Id be pretty pissed if i had a Van Gough and he came back from the dead to paint another 20 paintings.


Youd be pissed if Van Gogh came back from the dead?

Id be many things at such an occurance, but "pissed" would probably not be among them.

Furthermore, as a collector of his fine art, surely you would be overjoyed that he has ressurected and can now produce more of the artbwhich you so enjoy?

Oh wait. You mean as an INVESTMENT. Aaah, ok.


Hate to break it to you, but to some collectors the value of an item means more than the item itself and not for investment purposes. Things like rarity, limited edition matter.

He can come back from the dead, just not paint.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#150 - 2015-09-28 15:17:21 UTC
I like how people are trying so utterly hard to add all kinds of silly logic to the discussion.
Big Lynx
#151 - 2015-09-28 15:46:00 UTC
EvE is dismantling itself.
Salvos Rhoska
#152 - 2015-09-28 17:08:13 UTC
TinkerHell wrote:


Hate to break it to you, but to some collectors the value of an item means more than the item itself and not for investment purposes. Things like rarity, limited edition matter.



I see. No need to "hate to break it to me", btw. It didnt hurt me in any way shape or form.

In that case, this sort of collector who appreciates this kind of value should be glad, as they too can now own a golden magnate, as there were none left in existance at this time, as well as now aquire a limited edition silver magnate too if they did not have one before, or were unable to aquire one (or more of them).

Surely this is good news for them?
Rutoo
Interstellar eXodus
Against ALL Authorities.
#153 - 2015-09-28 20:17:16 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Felo Maxun wrote:
That isn't an argument we should be having, preserve the history of eve ships!


History is not something that can be lost.

What was and happened before, was and happened before.
Nothing can change that, nor diminish that.

Even if people forget what happened, it still happened.
Even though history may be presented subjectively in different ways, the historical facts remain indelible.

Re-issuing a ship, does not change that OP lost the only original.

Its recorded in the archives of EVE, even though that ship no longer exists, and long after OP/its owner also no longer exists.

That the ship would be re-issued, does not change that.

History is not lost, as long as there are those who remember it, and the records of what occured.
Even if those are elements are lost, history remains a matter of fact, which has resulted in the present and informs the future. As such, it always remains with us, as who we are, where we came from, and who we will become.


This history of the only Gold Magnate ever issued was lost in combat, will be lost. That's what the OP is talking about.
That history, his history, is being destroyed on a whim because CCP is lazy and either doesn't want to create different rewards, or just got completely lazy with their storytelling and tried to re-hash old stories.

Lame.
Rutoo
Interstellar eXodus
Against ALL Authorities.
#154 - 2015-09-28 20:22:50 UTC
TinkerHell wrote:


You dont think its price will come down much? I had an offer for 880b on my magnate, now i cant even get an offer of 100b. Its value will be around 20b if you look at the price of the ishukone scorps before they became skins.


I had offers between 400b-500b for mine before the news came out. This is just unfathomable. Is CCP going to reimburse me for the lost value because of their laziness?

Now they come out with
"Given that under "normal circumstances" the leader of the Amarr Empire can reign for >500 years, this might very well be the last Amarr Championship we ever see."

So the last Amarr Empire lasted 12 years. Congrats CCP. You could have come up with a better reason than this. But lets face it, Someone in the CCP offices has been trying to get this ship re-released for the last couple years. rumours of lotto rewards, and now this. Sad.
Vollhov
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#155 - 2015-09-28 20:30:21 UTC
http://fav.me/d30n6cp
It would be awesome gift.
Moreover and for memory.

End of Time. I'm not fanatic, I'm just a servant by Her Majesty the Empress Jamyl Sarum I. It's time to leave this world to me. YC111 to YC117.12.10 20:00

Salvos Rhoska
#156 - 2015-09-28 20:32:33 UTC
Rutoo wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Felo Maxun wrote:
That isn't an argument we should be having, preserve the history of eve ships!


History is not something that can be lost.

What was and happened before, was and happened before.
Nothing can change that, nor diminish that.

Even if people forget what happened, it still happened.
Even though history may be presented subjectively in different ways, the historical facts remain indelible.

Re-issuing a ship, does not change that OP lost the only original.

Its recorded in the archives of EVE, even though that ship no longer exists, and long after OP/its owner also no longer exists.

That the ship would be re-issued, does not change that.

History is not lost, as long as there are those who remember it, and the records of what occured.
Even if those are elements are lost, history remains a matter of fact, which has resulted in the present and informs the future. As such, it always remains with us, as who we are, where we came from, and who we will become.


This history of the only Gold Magnate ever issued was lost in combat, will be lost. That's what the OP is talking about.
That history, his history, is being destroyed on a whim because CCP is lazy and either doesn't want to create different rewards, or just got completely lazy with their storytelling and tried to re-hash old stories.


The history is not lost.

Read my post.
Vollhov
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#157 - 2015-09-28 20:36:10 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:


The history is not lost.

Read my post.

Yes, she is rewritten in the a rude manner.

End of Time. I'm not fanatic, I'm just a servant by Her Majesty the Empress Jamyl Sarum I. It's time to leave this world to me. YC111 to YC117.12.10 20:00

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#158 - 2015-09-28 20:50:39 UTC
Vollhov wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:


The history is not lost.

Read my post.

Yes, she is rewritten in the a rude manner.

Nothing about the past is being changed, thus there is no rewrite of history.
Vollhov
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#159 - 2015-09-28 21:06:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Vollhov
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Vollhov wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:


The history is not lost.

Read my post.

Yes, she is rewritten in the a rude manner.

Nothing about the past is being changed, thus there is no rewrite of history.

It's not the same for everybody.
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss224/ElsaHeartly/Leaders_1920x1200.jpg
Which of them alive?
Do you know?

End of Time. I'm not fanatic, I'm just a servant by Her Majesty the Empress Jamyl Sarum I. It's time to leave this world to me. YC111 to YC117.12.10 20:00

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#160 - 2015-09-28 21:20:46 UTC
Vollhov wrote:
It's not the same for everybody.

It does seem some people have some attachment to the concept of any aspect of eve's history becoming immutable along with any items that may have played a part in that history. That those items may return factually doesn't change eve's history though.

I'd see the extent of the issue if this prize was for something unrelated to the way they were originally obtained, but it isn't. That said they could probably make everyone happy by creating a 2nd version for the in game year of this event, even if using the same hull. Maybe label the old ones for the original IG year. It's a superficial change, but then every issue with the re-issue is equally superficial.