These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

fitting mgmt tool and scripts

Author
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#1 - 2015-09-27 00:54:02 UTC
1. if what i ask for is already in game, please help me out with it, otherwise....

2. When i used the in-game fitting management tool it loads everything but it doesnt load the scripts, i have to load them manually each time. Please change it so that when you load a fit it loads the scripts as well, small QoL issue i know but really that's what the tool is all about.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Iain Cariaba
#2 - 2015-09-27 01:19:56 UTC
Look twice at your fitting management window. Notice the ammo/charges/scripts are listed as cargo?

Quite likely implementing your idea would break something when people like me use it. When I make fits in Pyfa/EFT, I (almost) always add all the ammo/charges/scripts that I'm going to need for whatever situation, like Precision and Fury heavy missiles in Tengus or range and tracking scripts for my Machariel, all to the cargo hold of the fitting program so it's easy to buy it all at once.
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#3 - 2015-09-27 01:27:02 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Look twice at your fitting management window. Notice the ammo/charges/scripts are listed as cargo?

Quite likely implementing your idea would break something when people like me use it. When I make fits in Pyfa/EFT, I (almost) always add all the ammo/charges/scripts that I'm going to need for whatever situation, like Precision and Fury heavy missiles in Tengus or range and tracking scripts for my Machariel, all to the cargo hold of the fitting program so it's easy to buy it all at once.


Im not understanding how it would break something for you. If you get into a ship and push the button for a fitting, it means you want what was on the ship when it was fit that way, including the scripts.

If you want a fit that doesnt have scripts pre-loaded then just load up the script using mod and dont put a script in it. Now it works just as it does now.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#4 - 2015-09-27 16:16:36 UTC
I think part of what Iain Cariaba is saying (please correct me if I am wrong) is that he often has multiple scripts for the same module in his cargo hold, I know I usually do so how would the fit window know which script I want to have loaded at that moment?

I am not specifically against this idea just not sure how to make it work so it does not increase the amount of work that some of us have to do simply to minimize your work load.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#5 - 2015-09-27 17:26:40 UTC
Ouuh, so you mean like pre-loading the scripts when you click "fit" then?

While nice to have this, I don't think it can be implemented or at least not in a short timeframe. I imagine the horror of doing this. After your ship has put the modules on and the client must ask the database again for modules that use "ammo" and recheck if the ammo is present, in the same way the fitting is executed.

Hmm maybe. Might be bad for the hamsters if you would fit multiple ships at once and some corpmates do the same in the same system and all of a sudden you have tidy on the node.

But, when the brain in the box thing is solid and ready for deployment we might have new options.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#6 - 2015-09-27 20:35:38 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
I think part of what Iain Cariaba is saying (please correct me if I am wrong) is that he often has multiple scripts for the same module in his cargo hold, I know I usually do so how would the fit window know which script I want to have loaded at that moment?

I am not specifically against this idea just not sure how to make it work so it does not increase the amount of work that some of us have to do simply to minimize your work load.


If you made the fit with a tracking script it picks one and loads it, if you have other scripts it does nothing except give you the standard msg saying, 'tracking script not found'.

As i mentioned you could still make a fit where you put the mod in and dont load a script and save the fit, now it works just like now the game doesnt even try to load a script because it wasnt part of the saved fitting.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

General Guardian
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-09-27 21:07:40 UTC  |  Edited by: General Guardian
Perhaps it would be easier if there was a separate button on the saved fitting window to "load charges"

Then you could click fit. Wait for the ship to complete its fitting process, then hit load charges. Done
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#8 - 2015-09-27 22:35:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Donnachadh
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
If you made the fit with a tracking script it picks one and loads it, if you have other scripts it does nothing except give you the standard msg saying, 'tracking script not found'.

In other words you do not care how mush extra work your idea may cause others as long as it solves YOUR problem.
Why should I have to make and use multiple fittings just so you can have a lazy mans way to solve your issue?

General Guardian wrote:
Perhaps it would be easier if there was a separate button on the saved fitting window to "load charges"

Then you could click fit. Wait for the ship to complete its fitting process, then hit load charges. Done

I would counter, instead of a button a menu should xome up that lists the scripts available and allow the user to choose at that point. Something like this would be a workable solution to the OP"s problem without placing even more burdens on others.
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#9 - 2015-09-28 00:16:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Maldiro Selkurk
Donnachadh wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
If you made the fit with a tracking script it picks one and loads it, if you have other scripts it does nothing except give you the standard msg saying, 'tracking script not found'.

In other words you do not care how mush extra work your idea may cause others as long as it solves YOUR problem.
Why should I have to make and use multiple fittings just so you can have a lazy mans way to solve your issue?


You understand that this is EXACTLY the way it works right now, you get that right?

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Iain Cariaba
#10 - 2015-09-28 00:30:23 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Donnachadh wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
If you made the fit with a tracking script it picks one and loads it, if you have other scripts it does nothing except give you the standard msg saying, 'tracking script not found'.

In other words you do not care how mush extra work your idea may cause others as long as it solves YOUR problem.
Why should I have to make and use multiple fittings just so you can have a lazy mans way to solve your issue?


You understand that this is EXACTLY the way it works right now, you get that right?

Because it's sooooooo hard for you to open your hold and drag your scripts into your fitting? Or is it too hard for you to undock, right-click a module, and select "reload all"?

This seriously falls under the category of ideas that will take a team of devs months implement just to save you a couple seconds.
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#11 - 2015-09-28 00:33:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Maldiro Selkurk
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Donnachadh wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
If you made the fit with a tracking script it picks one and loads it, if you have other scripts it does nothing except give you the standard msg saying, 'tracking script not found'.

In other words you do not care how mush extra work your idea may cause others as long as it solves YOUR problem.
Why should I have to make and use multiple fittings just so you can have a lazy mans way to solve your issue?


You understand that this is EXACTLY the way it works right now, you get that right?

Because it's sooooooo hard for you to open your hold and drag your scripts into your fitting? Or is it too hard for you to undock, right-click a module, and select "reload all"?

This seriously falls under the category of ideas that will take a team of devs months implement just to save you a couple seconds.


Its a fitting tool, im asking it to do what it is intended to do, which is save a fit and reload it on command.

Also, the claim that this only benefits ME is bogus, it would help a lot of people and hurt nobody.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Iain Cariaba
#12 - 2015-09-28 01:13:06 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Donnachadh wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
If you made the fit with a tracking script it picks one and loads it, if you have other scripts it does nothing except give you the standard msg saying, 'tracking script not found'.

In other words you do not care how mush extra work your idea may cause others as long as it solves YOUR problem.
Why should I have to make and use multiple fittings just so you can have a lazy mans way to solve your issue?


You understand that this is EXACTLY the way it works right now, you get that right?

Because it's sooooooo hard for you to open your hold and drag your scripts into your fitting? Or is it too hard for you to undock, right-click a module, and select "reload all"?

This seriously falls under the category of ideas that will take a team of devs months implement just to save you a couple seconds.


Its a fitting tool, im asking it to do what it is intended to do, which is save a fit and reload it on command.

Also, the claim that this only benefits ME is bogus, it would help a lot of people and hurt nobody.

It does do what it's intended to do. It does save your fits and reloads them on command.

You ever stop to think that maybe CCP didn't want to add an additional 24 fields to the database (One for each possible high/mid/low slot) just so the system could determine what cargo was loaded into modules? It is much, much easier for the server to query the database once and load all your ammo/scripts into the hold than to make 25 queries to load each possible module and the hold.