These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: Next set of Sov and Capital Movement Iterations

First post First post
Author
Kossaw
Body Count Inc.
Mercenary Coalition
#161 - 2015-09-12 12:31:31 UTC
Aryth wrote:
One bit of feedback. I would increase the timer from 20 minutes to 4 hours. Otherwise I can see waiting for all other fulldirs to go to bed and nuking stuff in the middle of the night. I don't know what harm a 4 hour timer does other than meaning you can't start it 4 hours before DT.


Probably the most usefull bit of feedback in this thread so far. 20 mins is not enough time if your directors are offline and can only respond to a notification pulled via the API that could already be 30 minutes old.

WTB : An image in my signature

Mixu Paatelainen
Eve Refinery
#162 - 2015-09-12 12:36:27 UTC
Plusrep.
Aiyshimin
Descendant Command
#163 - 2015-09-12 12:36:45 UTC
Querns wrote:
Aiyshimin wrote:
Terrible, poorly considered changes that only cater to the whiny minority. Why give jump fatigue immunity to people who dont even play the game, but only to log in when pinged to drop in a 100% risk free situation?


How is a reduction to the maximum accumulated jump fatigue immunity? It's still faster to wait 50 minutes after each jump over the long haul.


The people who cry most about jump aids don't play the game on a daily basis, they can afford to play dota for five days before another option to helicopter **** comes. Which means that the behaviour that caused the whole projection nerf will be possible again, while the majority of players still enjoy the full power of the nerf.

Now I personally think that Phoebe had only positive effects, but even if some changes were needed, this 5-day cap was literally the worst possible way to go about it. It removes the consequence of fast travel for super blobbers, while fixing nothing.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#164 - 2015-09-12 12:44:55 UTC
159Pinky wrote:


Or some groups feel, that if they bring this the other side will just drop more and more ships. Right now they already drop supers and titans on bomber and cormorrant fleet. Why on earth would I bring a T3 entosis ship?


Ask your leadership who have banned you from anything bigger than interceptors, bombers and t1 destroyers.
Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#165 - 2015-09-12 12:46:12 UTC
Aiyshimin wrote:
Querns wrote:
Aiyshimin wrote:
Terrible, poorly considered changes that only cater to the whiny minority. Why give jump fatigue immunity to people who dont even play the game, but only to log in when pinged to drop in a 100% risk free situation?


How is a reduction to the maximum accumulated jump fatigue immunity? It's still faster to wait 50 minutes after each jump over the long haul.


The people who cry most about jump aids don't play the game on a daily basis, they can afford to play dota for five days before another option to helicopter **** comes. Which means that the behaviour that caused the whole projection nerf will be possible again, while the majority of players still enjoy the full power of the nerf.

Now I personally think that Phoebe had only positive effects, but even if some changes were needed, this 5-day cap was literally the worst possible way to go about it. It removes the consequence of fast travel for super blobbers, while fixing nothing.

You are overreacting. On the fourth jump, you are already sucking down a 3 hour cooldown timer. Meanwhile, proper shield supercaps fit for gate travel can cover the same amount of distance in 15 minutes. Please don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#166 - 2015-09-12 12:53:02 UTC
Querns wrote:

You are overreacting. On the fourth jump, you are already sucking down a 3 hour cooldown timer. Meanwhile, proper shield supercaps fit for gate travel can cover the same amount of distance in 15 minutes. Please don't make a mountain out of a molehill.


My dread moved like a cruiser so its far easier and faster to use gates rather than jump.
Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#167 - 2015-09-12 12:54:28 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Querns wrote:

You are overreacting. On the fourth jump, you are already sucking down a 3 hour cooldown timer. Meanwhile, proper shield supercaps fit for gate travel can cover the same amount of distance in 15 minutes. Please don't make a mountain out of a molehill.


My dread moved like a cruiser so its far easier and faster to use gates rather than jump.

Yeah, same for my Hel. I remember returning from Fountain and outrunning ishtars. It was great.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Akballah Kassan
Flames Of Chaos
The Ancients.
#168 - 2015-09-12 12:54:37 UTC
Can a Dev just clarify something when an entosis capture event occurs -

Does one attacker capturing a node stop the defensive reset on all the nodes in the constellation or does every node now need an entosis ship attacking it to stop the rewind?
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#169 - 2015-09-12 13:03:30 UTC
With the max. Fatigue reduced to 5 days, will the max. jump drive cooldown also be reduced to the equivalent time or stay at 3 days when you reach max. Fatigue?

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#170 - 2015-09-12 13:10:54 UTC
Querns wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Querns wrote:

You are overreacting. On the fourth jump, you are already sucking down a 3 hour cooldown timer. Meanwhile, proper shield supercaps fit for gate travel can cover the same amount of distance in 15 minutes. Please don't make a mountain out of a molehill.


My dread moved like a cruiser so its far easier and faster to use gates rather than jump.

Yeah, same for my Hel. I remember returning from Fountain and outrunning ishtars. It was great.


This is still only a viable way for a blob to travel. It is hardly a viable way for a small corporation to move their capital ships. Only the apex fleet can afford to move the way you are advocating.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#171 - 2015-09-12 13:24:08 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
Querns wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Querns wrote:

You are overreacting. On the fourth jump, you are already sucking down a 3 hour cooldown timer. Meanwhile, proper shield supercaps fit for gate travel can cover the same amount of distance in 15 minutes. Please don't make a mountain out of a molehill.


My dread moved like a cruiser so its far easier and faster to use gates rather than jump.

Yeah, same for my Hel. I remember returning from Fountain and outrunning ishtars. It was great.


This is still only a viable way for a blob to travel. It is hardly a viable way for a small corporation to move their capital ships. Only the apex fleet can afford to move the way you are advocating.

There's also less need for a smaller force to move far enough for gate travel fits to be relevant.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#172 - 2015-09-12 13:28:27 UTC
Team Five 0: "Mkay, we mostly cancel setting our pants on fire... for the time being... and subject to further iterations".

Nice for listening, CCP! Well done!

Now, onwards to sorting that little hemorrage of PvE highsec PvErs... Blink

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#173 - 2015-09-12 13:40:27 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
Querns wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Querns wrote:

You are overreacting. On the fourth jump, you are already sucking down a 3 hour cooldown timer. Meanwhile, proper shield supercaps fit for gate travel can cover the same amount of distance in 15 minutes. Please don't make a mountain out of a molehill.


My dread moved like a cruiser so its far easier and faster to use gates rather than jump.

Yeah, same for my Hel. I remember returning from Fountain and outrunning ishtars. It was great.


This is still only a viable way for a blob to travel. It is hardly a viable way for a small corporation to move their capital ships. Only the apex fleet can afford to move the way you are advocating.


I solo fly my dread.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#174 - 2015-09-12 13:50:38 UTC
Querns wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:
Querns wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Querns wrote:

You are overreacting. On the fourth jump, you are already sucking down a 3 hour cooldown timer. Meanwhile, proper shield supercaps fit for gate travel can cover the same amount of distance in 15 minutes. Please don't make a mountain out of a molehill.


My dread moved like a cruiser so its far easier and faster to use gates rather than jump.

Yeah, same for my Hel. I remember returning from Fountain and outrunning ishtars. It was great.


This is still only a viable way for a blob to travel. It is hardly a viable way for a small corporation to move their capital ships. Only the apex fleet can afford to move the way you are advocating.

There's also less need for a smaller force to move far enough for gate travel fits to be relevant.


How are the "smaller" alliances supposed to get out to the underpopulated regions of space and bring new blood to 0.0?

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#175 - 2015-09-12 13:57:07 UTC
Querns wrote:
159Pinky wrote:
Casandra Elise McIntire wrote:
Ravcharas wrote:
159Pinky wrote:
So, now that all gates will be bubbled to **** to prevent entosis. When will you start add a limited timer for bubbles to be in space? SO ppl at least have to put an effort in to keeping their entrances bubbled

interdiction nullifier subsystems m8


That would mean flying a T3, which some groups are unwilling to risk. Some groups, feel that trolling in interceptors are the only option they have to ensure positive KB stats and receive funding for said trolling.


Or some groups feel, that if they bring this the other side will just drop more and more ships. Right now they already drop supers and titans on bomber and cormorrant fleet. Why on earth would I bring a T3 entosis ship?

You're posting under a very strange delusion.

The Imperium doesn't scale its response to the amount of isk on the field. We bring the maximum suppressive force, every time. The idea is that you shouldn't attack our sovereignty, and we will roll up the largest newspaper we can at any given time and hit you in the nose with it until you stop moving.


It's a particularly odd delusion considering that one of the explicit goals of the new sov system was getting sov holders to actively respond to threats in their space. Why would supercap pilots be exempt from that requirement?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#176 - 2015-09-12 14:04:12 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:

How are the "smaller" alliances supposed to get out to the underpopulated regions of space and bring new blood to 0.0?

Considering the relative uselessness of capitals in the new sovereignty system, I would say they do it by taking gates in the subcapital ships that are actually relevant to the task.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

159Pinky
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#177 - 2015-09-12 14:25:10 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
159Pinky wrote:


Or some groups feel, that if they bring this the other side will just drop more and more ships. Right now they already drop supers and titans on bomber and cormorrant fleet. Why on earth would I bring a T3 entosis ship?


Ask your leadership who have banned you from anything bigger than interceptors, bombers and t1 destroyers.


Good trolling, I fly what I want, when I want to. But I don't see the need to bring anything bigger/more expensive when something smaller does the trick as good.

@ Scatim Helicon : I have no dissilusion as to CFC getting anyone a fair fight. That's not your modus operandi. Your FC's rely on big toys to win/suppress a fight. Which in the end is a valid tactical solution ( until super - titans changes come .... )
Harry Saq
Of Tears and ISK
ISK.Net
#178 - 2015-09-12 14:44:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Saq

  • 5 hour jump fatigue cap is good, and keeps the shock value without missing the point.
  • No Intytoaster is placating to a red herring (and almost says as much in the way it was presented)
  • The passive regen is too much, should be days not hours, and certainly not minutes
  • SOV dropping should also be hours not minutes, but definitely not days


Edit: meant 5 day jump fatigue cap, not 5 hour...
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#179 - 2015-09-12 15:07:18 UTC
159Pinky wrote:
a fair fight.


Roll

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#180 - 2015-09-12 15:30:54 UTC
"We are very interested in your feedback on these proposals and we hope that you'll join in a productive and civil discussion in this blog's forum feedback thread."

1. by productive we mean all your comments will benefit nullsec cartels (otherwise they will be ignored).

2. by civil we mean....well again, unless you are supporting nullsec we don't want to hear it.


corrected for accuracy.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.