These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Would it be possible for CCP to make Eve Online free to play?

First post
Author
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#321 - 2015-09-10 11:39:04 UTC
Luscius Uta wrote:
Captain Awkward wrote:


Verstal pulled some wild numbers of 0,1% new player get over 6 months out of his 3 letters and has faild to provide any scource for that claim. The truth is : We have absolutely now idea how many trail accounts make it into played accounts and how many of those payed accounts make it make it over 6 months.


Indeed, but since CCP is not giving us any subscription-released numbers people will come up with such numbers out of their asses. And since CCP isn't giving us those numbers I'm going to assume they are not going in their favour, until proven otherwise.


but really why do ccp feel they have to give you the numbers? does it affect your own enjoyment of the game not being supplied with these numbers?, its shouldnt because really its none of your business and ccp know this

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#322 - 2015-09-10 11:48:14 UTC  |  Edited by: xxxTRUSTxxx
Lan Wang wrote:


but really why do ccp feel they have to give you the numbers? does it affect your own enjoyment of the game not being supplied with these numbers?, its shouldnt because really its none of your business and ccp know this


Doom and gloom end timers. the internet is full of them. if it's not an asteroid about to flatten us it's planet x or cerns a portal to hell or some other nutjob shite.

these people should just shut up and play and stop with the END IS NIGH! nonsense.

They're the crazy folk of EVE standing on a corner with a huge sign warning us all that it's all about to END!

hahahahahahaha silly people and their madness.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#323 - 2015-09-10 12:05:54 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:


but really why do ccp feel they have to give you the numbers? does it affect your own enjoyment of the game not being supplied with these numbers?, its shouldnt because really its none of your business and ccp know this


Doom and gloom end timers. the internet is full of them. if it's not an asteroid about to flatten us it's planet x or cerns a portal to hell or some other nutjob shite.

these people should just shut up and play and stop with the END IS NIGH! nonsense.

They're the crazy folk of EVE standing on a corner with a huge sign warning us all that it's all about to END!

hahahahahahaha silly people and their madness.

Or because some believe that there is a giant asteroid hurtling towards the Earth and will strike later this month. So there may be some that want to know such things like EVE's current sub numbers before their last screams echo endlessly through time into the void.

Which of course is a vacuum and in space no one can hear your screams so doesn't matter.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#324 - 2015-09-10 12:18:11 UTC
Webvan wrote:


Or because some believe that there is a giant asteroid hurtling towards the Earth and will strike later this month. So there may be some that want to know such things like EVE's current sub numbers before their last screams echo endlessly through time into the void.

Which of course is a vacuum and in space no one can hear your screams so doesn't matter.



yea i guess i can see how important sub numbers would be with a few million tons of rock about to hot drop us. lol Lol


Luscius Uta
#325 - 2015-09-10 12:25:36 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:


but really why do ccp feel they have to give you the numbers? does it affect your own enjoyment of the game not being supplied with these numbers?, its shouldnt because really its none of your business and ccp know this


Doom and gloom end timers. the internet is full of them. if it's not an asteroid about to flatten us it's planet x or cerns a portal to hell or some other nutjob shite.

these people should just shut up and play and stop with the END IS NIGH! nonsense.

They're the crazy folk of EVE standing on a corner with a huge sign warning us all that it's all about to END!

hahahahahahaha silly people and their madness.


You just gave me an idea for a forum sig, thanks!

Drifters are obviously a ploy by CCP to shut down TQ, station by station, system by system!

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#326 - 2015-09-10 12:58:03 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:


but really why do ccp feel they have to give you the numbers? does it affect your own enjoyment of the game not being supplied with these numbers?, its shouldnt because really its none of your business and ccp know this


Doom and gloom end timers. the internet is full of them. if it's not an asteroid about to flatten us it's planet x or cerns a portal to hell or some other nutjob shite.

these people should just shut up and play and stop with the END IS NIGH! nonsense.

They're the crazy folk of EVE standing on a corner with a huge sign warning us all that it's all about to END!

hahahahahahaha silly people and their madness.


I'd be willing to bet that people that do that suffer from some sort of anxiety condition (probably mild for most people). But it ain't nothing new lol..

My favorite theory is that people predict the end of things (Earth, EVE, themselves etc) as a way to combat a feeling of helplessness.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#327 - 2015-09-10 13:17:53 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:


but really why do ccp feel they have to give you the numbers? does it affect your own enjoyment of the game not being supplied with these numbers?, its shouldnt because really its none of your business and ccp know this


Doom and gloom end timers. the internet is full of them. if it's not an asteroid about to flatten us it's planet x or cerns a portal to hell or some other nutjob shite.

these people should just shut up and play and stop with the END IS NIGH! nonsense.

They're the crazy folk of EVE standing on a corner with a huge sign warning us all that it's all about to END!

hahahahahahaha silly people and their madness.


I'd be willing to bet that people that do that suffer from some sort of anxiety condition (probably mild for most people). But it ain't nothing new lol..

My favorite theory is that people predict the end of things (Earth, EVE, themselves etc) as a way to combat a feeling of helplessness.


that's some list of nutjobs, perhaps it's a need to be never forgotten and this assures that. still pretty funny and nuts all at the same time. Lol
Salvos Rhoska
#328 - 2015-09-10 13:28:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
I just re-read the OP.

I try to be an open minded and considerate reader.
But I could not more strongly disagree with the suggestions listed at the end of the post.
I could not agree with a single one, and just couldnt believe what I was reading on most of them.

In another thread there has been long discussion about the changing preferences of the typical MMO player.

The kind of priorities and mindset this apparently growing segment of players has, is completely alien to me, and completely contrary to my own views. The logic they have is based on completely different premises to my own.

Maybe Im getting old (35), old-fashioned, unadaptable, or out of touch with whats hip.
But I cant agree with any of it, especially not when it applies to EVE.
And it seems they cant agree with anynof mine either.

Do they have a say equal to my own? Yes.

But I cant help but think they have lost touch and perspective on what EVE is, and are trying to make it into something it is not.

The worrying part, is there seems to be no possibility of compromise.
Our angles and perspectives are too fundamentally different.
Omar Alharazaad
Nefarious Porpoise
#329 - 2015-09-10 13:32:02 UTC
I'mma stick with my initial reaction here, after all these pages.
This is silliness, on a Camelot level.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#330 - 2015-09-10 14:02:45 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
I'mma stick with my initial reaction here, after all these pages.
This is silliness, on a Camelot level.


it's a very silly place you know Shocked
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#331 - 2015-09-10 14:18:47 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
I just re-read the OP.

I try to be an open minded and considerate reader.
But I could not more strongly disagree with the suggestions listed at the end of the post.
I could not agree with a single one, and just couldnt believe what I was reading on most of them.

In another thread there has been long discussion about the changing preferences of the typical MMO player.

The kind of priorities and mindset this apparently growing segment of players has, is completely alien to me, and completely contrary to my own views. The logic they have is based on completely different premises to my own.

Maybe Im getting old (35), old-fashioned, unadaptable, or out of touch with whats hip.
But I cant agree with any of it, especially not when it applies to EVE.
And it seems they cant agree with anynof mine either.

Do they have a say equal to my own? Yes.

But I cant help but think they have lost touch and perspective on what EVE is, and are trying to make it into something it is not.

The worrying part, is there seems to be no possibility of compromise.
Our angles and perspectives are too fundamentally different.


I despise most other MMOs. I dislike most MMO players I've met. I play EVE because it's not like other MMOs and most EVE players I've met (online and in person) aren't like players I've met (online and in person) in other games (never met the guy in that link, but omg is he like soooo many MMO nerds I know lol). I respond...negatively...when people advocate for the watering down of EVE into just another stale, player coddling MMO.

For me It has little to do with age and everything to do with mindset and preferences. I prefer the EVE way, and as you say, that way is incompatible with other ways.
Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
#332 - 2015-09-10 15:27:13 UTC
Verstal wrote:

I go into great detail how I softened my stance, and why. If you have constructive feedback and how to keep more the .1% of new player past 3 months then lets hear it or break down each idea on the front page and give an alternative.

Open rookie chat and help some new players learn the game? Give it an hour. People that want to learn that are trying to learn are in the process of learning right now. I am sure 1000+ people in rookie chat.





But your stance still is FTP.....
Now when i started in 2010, i almost quit because rookie chat is useless beyond a certain point. The only thing that has saved me was running into someone in RL that got me into a player corp.....a PLAYER corp, where i learned a lot, and began to love this game for its complexity.

As to training people.....well on this character i have a good track record, nearly everyone that i have taught things too have stayed in game where RL things have not prevented them from playing. A few are avid FW players, a couple went out to nullseec, 1 became a career ganker, and few otheres are decent Manufacturers.....oh yeah one even became a well off station trader.....

The point is I dont need to go into rookie chat, and all my students are multi-billionares, and plex holders able to leave the nest and Play EvE standing on their own two feet.....what Rookies need to do is get out of their damn shell and find corps/players like myself willing to teach them......but first they must learn in EvE you have to take that plunge, you have to get into player corps, you have to be involved in the community in one way or another......in the game you are a Capsuleer....you can not die, and ships, gear, and Isk are very easy to come by.....once you learn how to get them.

So rookie chat....yeah im not a professor that stands in front of a class of 300 knowing that only 1 student will get a job after achieving their .10 degree, I am an in the Field professional that will show things hands on instead that will hire and keep the ones capable of doing the job and firing all the rest.
ISD Buldath
#333 - 2015-09-10 15:34:03 UTC
Quote:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not conductive to the community spirit that CCP promotes. As such, this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.


The Purpose of this Thread has been served, and at this point has turned into petty squabbling for many pages at this point. Locked.

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.