These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Navy repels Drifter attack, capsuleers both help and hinder

Author
Shirley Serious
Gutter Press
#1 - 2015-08-14 18:19:18 UTC
The Amarr Navy station at Safizon was the scene of a large battle today, as the Imperial Navy repelled and destroyed a Drifter attack force.

Grand Admiral Ren Karetta, the Navy commander on the scene, inspired the Navy forces as well as loyalist capsuleers, with numerous quotes from Scripture, whilst leading the Imperial forces, using a Micro Jump Drive to move around the battlefield to obtain advantageous positions from which to direct the Navy elements.

Many capsuleers were present, with most choosing to assist the Navy. Notable amongst these were pilots from PIE Inc., including the notable destroyer pilot Lieutenant Samira Kernher, who had been the centre of a media circus in recent days.

Some pilots chose to merely observe, including some prominent names who appeared on the scene in unarmed vessels, such as Anathema class reconnaissance frigates.

Some capsuleers chose to interfere, by engaging the Navy forces, and by placing bounties on many present individuals, including Admiral Karetta.

The victory at Safizon was not without cost to the Imperial Navy, with moderate losses of several classes of ships observed. Some pilots engaged in search and rescue missions to the wrecked Imperial ships, whilst the battle was ongoing.

Despite some reinforcements of the Drifter force, the Imperial Navy gained the upper hand within a short period of time, and once space superiority was obtained, the Drifters were eradicated in short order.

Grand Admiral Karetta announced victory, and declared it was a pleasure to have fought alongside the loyalist capsuleers, before leaving to begin operational debriefing, so that the lessons learned today can be applied to future Drifter intrusions.

The Drifter menace has been contained, but for how long ?


Gutter Press. Just the Facts.

Just the facts.

Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#2 - 2015-08-14 18:30:24 UTC
Respectfully, Ms. Serious, it seems difficult to be a source of satirical news, questionable news, and actual news, all three. Do you have some method in mind for keeping the three straight and not confusing people?
Shirley Serious
Gutter Press
#3 - 2015-08-14 18:54:33 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Respectfully, Ms. Serious, it seems difficult to be a source of satirical news, questionable news, and actual news, all three. Do you have some method in mind for keeping the three straight and not confusing people?


Articles authored by myself are factual.

Just the facts.

Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#4 - 2015-08-14 18:56:37 UTC
Not that factual if you call Admiral Ren Karetta a grand admiral. Kezti Sundarra is the grand admiral of the Amarr Navy.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#5 - 2015-08-14 18:59:11 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
Not that factual if you call Admiral Ren Karetta a grand admiral. Kezti Sundarra is the grand admiral of the Amarr Navy.


With apologies, Lt. Kernher, he may've received a promotion.

Ren Karetta's profile wrote:
Grand Admiral
3rd Fleet
Imperial Navy

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#6 - 2015-08-14 19:01:12 UTC
Wait what? He did?

Oh wow, forgive my comment, then. Congratulations, Grand Admiral Karetta.
Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#7 - 2015-08-14 19:08:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Aria Jenneth
Shirley Serious wrote:
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Respectfully, Ms. Serious, it seems difficult to be a source of satirical news, questionable news, and actual news, all three. Do you have some method in mind for keeping the three straight and not confusing people?


Articles authored by myself are factual.

Really?

... Gods and spirits, now I'll have to go reread everything else you've written knowing I'm actually supposed to believe you.


Edit:

You mean to that this was non-fiction?

I thought it was a joke, just in really bad taste....


Further edit:

In fact, I still think it's a joke, just in really bad taste. I don't think you'd have included the editorial exclamations, otherwise.

Dubious!
Sinti Vailatti
Angelis Exploration
#8 - 2015-08-14 20:33:45 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Shirley Serious wrote:
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Respectfully, Ms. Serious, it seems difficult to be a source of satirical news, questionable news, and actual news, all three. Do you have some method in mind for keeping the three straight and not confusing people?


Articles authored by myself are factual.

Really?

... Gods and spirits, now I'll have to go reread everything else you've written knowing I'm actually supposed to believe you.


Edit:

You mean to that this was non-fiction?

I thought it was a joke, just in really bad taste....


Further edit:

In fact, I still think it's a joke, just in really bad taste. I don't think you'd have included the editorial exclamations, otherwise.

Dubious!




I thought to myself, Shirley, you can't be serious!

But then she wrote, "The Sani Sabik will continue to blaspheme against God, and the Royal Khanid Navy will endeavour to eradicate them once and for all.."

Truth!

“Where must we go...we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?”

Shirley Serious
Gutter Press
#9 - 2015-08-14 21:08:16 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
In fact, I still think it's a joke, just in really bad taste. I don't think you'd have included the editorial exclamations, otherwise.
Dubious!


When confronted with particularly horrifying or disturbing news, the exclamations help the reader process the information without severe psychological distress. It is the literary equivalent of "Brace for shock", the warning to ship crews that a catastrophic impact is about to occur.

The facts are quite real, and further evidence, if any was needed, of the unrighteousness of the Sabik worlds.

Just the facts.

Jennifer Maxwell
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#10 - 2015-08-14 21:28:50 UTC
Congratulations to the Imperial Navy for repelling this assault. Proving once again you are an effective bulwark against some of the nastier elements in the galaxy. The Blood Raiders, the Sansha, and now the Drifters. Your sacrifices are appreciated, and shall be remembered.
The Leopardess
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2015-08-14 22:52:25 UTC
FYI Gutter Press is the only reliable news, I never read The Scope, never! Complete propaganda!

龴ↀ◡ↀ龴

Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2015-08-15 01:49:29 UTC
Make sure you catch the Imperial Corps Diplomatique political updates.
Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#13 - 2015-08-15 08:27:49 UTC
The Leopardess wrote:
FYI Gutter Press is the only reliable news, I never read The Scope, never! Complete propaganda!


Uh huh and Amarr Certified News is unbiased and totally reliable too, right?

If you believe that I have a stargate that I'm willing to sell for cheap. No, really! I have the deed and everything. 5 billion isk and it's yours.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#14 - 2015-08-15 10:41:07 UTC
If you can create a contract I can pay you 5 billion isk for it.
Tabris Katz
The Forgotten Children
#15 - 2015-08-15 12:56:37 UTC
While I'm glad to hear the Imperial Navy was successful in repealing the Drifter attack, somethings still concern me. Mainly why are the Drifters attacking, where is their next attack going to be, and what system will they strike? While I understand that all of these question can not be answered at this point I do, we must prepare!

To that point I suggest we all petition our respective governments to work together as a single united front against the Drifter threat. Much like the empires put their differences aside to drive out Sansha and his followers, we need the same to occur now.

In spite of their victory, the Imperial Navy took heavy loses in this assault. How long can they are any of the empires hope to last against a force like the Drifters. Their numbers is unknown (possibly growing), their technology is far more advanced, their goals are yet unknown.

Together we might yet weather this storm; individually we are doomed to fade into the void.
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2015-08-16 00:53:44 UTC
Tabris Katz wrote:
While I'm glad to hear the Imperial Navy was successful in repealing the Drifter attack, somethings still concern me. Mainly why are the Drifters attacking, where is their next attack going to be, and what system will they strike? .


They've struck Safizon twice now. It's where the new flagship was being constructed before it left shortly before the attacks for its shakedown cruise, and it's where the SoCT entosis scanning transmission logs were sent.

I think we can expect they won't give up on it just yet.
Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#17 - 2015-08-16 14:09:01 UTC
Thank you for the quick report on this attack Miss Serious.

I had to delay my report on it as I received disturbing information that I wanted verified & published if true.

After initial investigation, I can confirm there have been reports of Drifter ships trading shots with Gallente Gate Patrols. Note they're merely trade shots & then stand down, reason for this behaviour is unknown. So far I did not receive similar reports from the State or Republic space. I left our Amarr space in this as they're already more aggressive there, but didn't got confirmation that that Drifters trade shots with Amarr patrols.

Full report here: Amarr Navy repels third Drifter assault

If you catch Drifters & official gate patrols trading shots, can you contact me or inform others about this worrying behaviour? Images would be very welcome! Note finding wrecks at gates do not count, as capsuleers are known to be very destructive, both against Drifters and official Navy & Police forces

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology