These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP! Please clarify the future plans for WiS!

First post
Author
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1901 - 2011-12-31 05:28:58 UTC
Bail Boo wrote:
Just let us see each others clothes, at least! it's a multiplayer game Blink


you can do that now.. .whole avatar view is available.. Big smile
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1902 - 2011-12-31 06:48:42 UTC
Kuronaga wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
No matter what infeasible things you all keep dreaming up that CCP will never, ever be willing or able to introduce you all need to remember.

WIS is shitcanned.

Deal with it.

P.S.
lol space barbie

P.P.S.
lol roleplayers


No matter what infeasible things you keep dreaming up that CCP will never, ever be willing or able to introduce you all need to remember.

FiS is stagnating.

Deal with it.

P.S.
lol spaceships

P.P.S.
lol e-thugs


WIS went down the shitter, CCP announced they will refocus on the real game. FIS was only stagnating because CCP neglected it during the space barbie brain fart, if they keep their promises FIS should get a lot of improvements over the next few expansions.

P.S
lol spaceships you say? you started playing a spaceship game, because you are not satisfied you want CCP to ruin the core game because you chose the wrong game in the first place? Thats as pants on head ******** as going to play WoW and then demanding spaceships.

P.P.S
I Know the mayor of Boston.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#1903 - 2011-12-31 08:19:56 UTC
Quote:
because you are not satisfied you want CCP to ruin the core game


Quoting the part where you lost all credibility.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#1904 - 2011-12-31 09:16:41 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Kuronaga wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
No matter what infeasible things you all keep dreaming up that CCP will never, ever be willing or able to introduce you all need to remember.

WIS is shitcanned.

Deal with it.

P.S.
lol space barbie

P.P.S.
lol roleplayers


No matter what infeasible things you keep dreaming up that CCP will never, ever be willing or able to introduce you all need to remember.

FiS is stagnating.

Deal with it.

P.S.
lol spaceships

P.P.S.
lol e-thugs


WIS went down the shitter, CCP announced they will refocus on the real game. FIS was only stagnating because CCP neglected it during the space barbie brain fart, if they keep their promises FIS should get a lot of improvements over the next few expansions.

P.S
lol spaceships you say? you started playing a spaceship game, because you are not satisfied you want CCP to ruin the core game because you chose the wrong game in the first place? Thats as pants on head ******** as going to play WoW and then demanding spaceships.

P.P.S
I Know the mayor of Boston.



and what's the core game according to you in EVE ?

R.S.I2014

Boffles
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1905 - 2011-12-31 12:15:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Boffles
I support the call for WiS to be completed. I understand CCP need to concentrate on FiS, but don’t forget this. There is so much potential, especially when we will be finally able to walk through the door. I really want to own a bar or shop and maybe give out undercover missions of my own.

Now for the part I hope I will be forgiven for. Think of it as a reward to all you loyal wishers for Wis. Check out my post in myEvE for a WiS video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkl3IAivUUE

MyEve Post

Check out my latest Chronicle in EON #28 - The Soulless Pilgrim http://www.eonmagazine.co.uk/

Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#1906 - 2011-12-31 16:53:06 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Kuronaga wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
No matter what infeasible things you all keep dreaming up that CCP will never, ever be willing or able to introduce you all need to remember.

WIS is shitcanned.

Deal with it.

P.S.
lol space barbie

P.P.S.
lol roleplayers


No matter what infeasible things you keep dreaming up that CCP will never, ever be willing or able to introduce you all need to remember.

FiS is stagnating.

Deal with it.

P.S.
lol spaceships

P.P.S.
lol e-thugs


WIS went down the shitter, CCP announced they will refocus on the real game. FIS was only stagnating because CCP neglected it during the space barbie brain fart, if they keep their promises FIS should get a lot of improvements over the next few expansions.

P.S
lol spaceships you say? you started playing a spaceship game, because you are not satisfied you want CCP to ruin the core game because you chose the wrong game in the first place? Thats as pants on head ******** as going to play WoW and then demanding spaceships.

P.P.S
I Know the mayor of Boston.


The old and stupid space-barbie argument *yawn*.

Try to grow up a bit and in a few years you might be mature enough to return to EVE, in the meantime I recommend cancelling your subscription.

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1907 - 2011-12-31 17:12:03 UTC
Deviana Sevidon wrote:
Try to grow up a bit and in a few years you might be mature enough to return to EVE, in the meantime I recommend cancelling your subscription.


Why would I quit? The sub is peanuts for two accounts and WIS has been shitcanned and CCP are focusing on the real game, life is good. Regarding maturity, I am not the one crying my eyes out because dress up the dolly has been cancelled.
Taiwanistan
#1908 - 2011-12-31 19:02:04 UTC
oh god i am so drunk now but cheers happy new year see you around same time next year,
wis still shitcanned, fis supremacy suck it o7m8ers

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Vallek Arkonnis
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1909 - 2011-12-31 19:21:01 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Deviana Sevidon wrote:
Try to grow up a bit and in a few years you might be mature enough to return to EVE, in the meantime I recommend cancelling your subscription.


Why would I quit? The sub is peanuts for two accounts and WIS has been shitcanned and CCP are focusing on the real game, life is good. Regarding maturity, I am not the one crying my eyes out because dress up the dolly has been cancelled.


So I guess corporate emblems and custom paint jobs are also immature seeing as they're just playing dress-up as well. I can't wait for the tears when that stuff hits the NeX store.
Camios
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1910 - 2011-12-31 19:28:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Camios
Suggestion: make incarna a free to play addon for EVE. If you want to fly spaceships, trade with buy and sell orders, produce things (all those things that casuleers do) you need a subscription or a plex, but if you content of walking in the sation corridors, you can do it for free. For putting up establishments and incarna related stuff, pay with aurum.

Put a courier system in the game that allows you to clone in another station.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#1911 - 2011-12-31 19:29:47 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:


P.P.S
I Know the mayor of Boston.


ShockedLol

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#1912 - 2011-12-31 20:26:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Camios wrote:
Suggestion: make incarna a free to play addon for EVE. If you want to fly spaceships, trade with buy and sell orders, produce things (all those things that casuleers do) you need a subscription or a plex, but if you content of walking in the sation corridors, you can do it for free. For putting up establishments and incarna related stuff, pay with aurum.

Put a courier system in the game that allows you to clone in another station.


I won't comment directly on the merits or short comings of your idea, but +1 for putting out an open minded idea.

But for anything to happen on this front, no matter which way it would go, two things would have to happen.

1: A proper plan for game play development goals and reasonable allocation of developer resources that don't ignore the pre-existing area's of the game would have to be agreed upon.

2: Work on this would actually need to be resumed at some point.

That, ultimately, is the main point of this thread. To express the point of view that while pretty much everyone is not pleased with how things have been handled so far, the core concept and technology developed to support it has merit and should not be abandoned... instead (once damage repair is done) development should continue in a reasonable and responsible way.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1913 - 2011-12-31 20:34:29 UTC
Vallek Arkonnis wrote:
I can't wait for the tears when that stuff hits the NeX store.


I highlighted the really relevant part, basic ship customisation should never be in the NeX store. Being able to customise a ships paint job and adding a corp or alliance logo should be part of the game without extra charges.

We already pay a premium for EVE game time compared to other popular MMORPGs. Every other MMO also comes with basic customisation, there is no reason EVE should be different other than greed. We pay more to play the game in the first place, being charged for something that should be integral to the game in the first place is going to far.

I am not against the NeX store for "additional" extras, maybe more character slots per account, name or bloodline changes and possibly other things like fancy space book titles or features, CCP could also make and sell smartphone and tablet apps for PLEX or other creative things. Neither would I object to being able to buy ships like the Ishukone watch Scorpion or a Roden Megathron as long as the stats are the same as the standard versions, or even special ships similar to the Opus yacht as long as it would basically be very underpowered and have no special role to make sure it would never be an advantage. Ships like the yacht could have the stats of a basic cruiser and just be eye candy.

But any item NeX objects should also only come either by BPC or by exchanging items for them, players should be involved in the manufacturing process. Paints and other things could come from PI processes and ships via the usual way.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#1914 - 2011-12-31 20:57:19 UTC
The post-Crucible survey is on, everyone who wants more WiS go take it! Make our voice be heard!

Post-Crucible Survey
Kuronaga
Fatal Absolution
#1915 - 2012-01-01 00:20:32 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Kuronaga wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
No matter what infeasible things you all keep dreaming up that CCP will never, ever be willing or able to introduce you all need to remember.

WIS is shitcanned.

Deal with it.

P.S.
lol space barbie

P.P.S.
lol roleplayers


No matter what infeasible things you keep dreaming up that CCP will never, ever be willing or able to introduce you all need to remember.

FiS is stagnating.

Deal with it.

P.S.
lol spaceships

P.P.S.
lol e-thugs


WIS went down the shitter, CCP announced they will refocus on the real game. FIS was only stagnating because CCP neglected it during the space barbie brain fart, if they keep their promises FIS should get a lot of improvements over the next few expansions.

P.S
lol spaceships you say? you started playing a spaceship game, because you are not satisfied you want CCP to ruin the core game because you chose the wrong game in the first place? Thats as pants on head ******** as going to play WoW and then demanding spaceships.

P.P.S
I Know the mayor of Boston.


FiS is stagnating because war is always a slow grind that serves very little real purpose to gigantic botting empires. If you remove the grind aspect of the war and change the timer mechanics, you end up making it impossible to consistently hold territory and therefore break the game further. As such, your game will always suck in some regards, and you will always be complaining that it isn't good enough.

They can tweak the mechanics left right and center, it will always be the same thing wearing a different mask, and you will always be dissatisfied.

P.S.
I started playing a scifi sandbox game with the capacity for war. I never once limited the scope of that to spaceships, especially when the developers spoke early on that they didn't either. It was individuals such as yourself that have done so against all logic, because of some strange fetish you seem to have with spaceships. You ignored what was being said throughout the years, that was your error. Everything isn't about you, sorry.

P.P.S.
Where's my controller?
Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1916 - 2012-01-01 00:36:57 UTC
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Vallek Arkonnis wrote:
I can't wait for the tears when that stuff hits the NeX store.


I highlighted the really relevant part, basic ship customisation should never be in the NeX store. Being able to customise a ships paint job and adding a corp or alliance logo should be part of the game without extra charges.

We already pay a premium for EVE game time compared to other popular MMORPGs. Every other MMO also comes with basic customisation, there is no reason EVE should be different other than greed. We pay more to play the game in the first place, being charged for something that should be integral to the game in the first place is going to far.


I agree with this part.

Eve subscription may not be a whole lot but it sure as hell should be enough to cover the entire game.
Some wise man in another thread once said it best:
any cash shop in a pay to play game is wrong.

Just burn NeX.
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1917 - 2012-01-01 02:08:22 UTC
Kuronaga wrote:
FiS is stagnating because war is always a slow grind that serves very little real purpose to gigantic botting empires. If you remove the grind aspect of the war and change the timer mechanics, you end up making it impossible to consistently hold territory and therefore break the game further. As such, your game will always suck in some regards, and you will always be complaining that it isn't good enough.

They can tweak the mechanics left right and center, it will always be the same thing wearing a different mask, and you will always be dissatisfied.

P.S.
I started playing a scifi sandbox game with the capacity for war. I never once limited the scope of that to spaceships, especially when the developers spoke early on that they didn't either. It was individuals such as yourself that have done so against all logic, because of some strange fetish you seem to have with spaceships. You ignored what was being said throughout the years, that was your error. Everything isn't about you, sorry.

P.P.S.
Where's my controller?


In truth I am not as against WIS as I sometimes make out, if CCP where capable of making meaningful station side game play that actually added something to the game and be able to do it with out neglecting the rest of EVE I would be really excited about it.

But they cannot, they neglected the game for years and all we got out of it was a single dingy room. Even if CCP managed to finish what they said would be in Incarna it would have meant longer than three years of unfinished features, minimal game balancing and broken gameplay (in certain specific areas) just so we could have a few minigames and a virtual bar for RPers whilst CCP tried to suck as much money out of our pockets as they could.

Do no try any bullshit about iteration or "that's only the beginning" because we all know how well CCP iterate on existing features, the evidence is everywhere. CCP have proven they are incapable of delivering any kind of worthwhile non spaceship gameplay. Dress up the dolly, lol RP and minigames is simply not enough. To begin with it needs to follow along the lines of the rest of EVEs gameplay and consist of industry and both PvE & PvP combat, then thats a good basis for the minigames and lol RP.

Secondly it would have to be player driven, no items simply spawned everything should be manufactured. Finally if there are any micro transactions they need to be sensibly priced and not a blatant attempt to rip the playerbase off.

Bischopt wrote:
Jhagiti Tyran wrote:
Vallek Arkonnis wrote:
I can't wait for the tears when that stuff hits the NeX store.


I highlighted the really relevant part, basic ship customisation should never be in the NeX store. Being able to customise a ships paint job and adding a corp or alliance logo should be part of the game without extra charges.

We already pay a premium for EVE game time compared to other popular MMORPGs. Every other MMO also comes with basic customisation, there is no reason EVE should be different other than greed. We pay more to play the game in the first place, being charged for something that should be integral to the game in the first place is going to far.


I agree with this part.

Eve subscription may not be a whole lot but it sure as hell should be enough to cover the entire game.
Some wise man in another thread once said it best:
any cash shop in a pay to play game is wrong.

Just burn NeX.


I cannot remember who first came up with this but it was basically that some games micro transactions are like walking down a road and seeing potholes all over, then you look in the cash shop and see they have buckets of tar for sale.
Kuronaga
Fatal Absolution
#1918 - 2012-01-01 02:54:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuronaga
Quote:
In truth I am not as against WIS as I sometimes make out, if CCP where capable of making meaningful station side game play that actually added something to the game and be able to do it with out neglecting the rest of EVE I would be really excited about it.



That's all we're asking for. And yes, you are right to despair at the horrifying incompetence that was shown at the 1 room in 3 years.

Do note though, there was another build at one point with a lot more actual working content before they decided to build a new engine. People were actually able to play it at one of the fanfests. That alone did show that it can be done. So why wasn't it? Good ******* question.

Between building a new engine from scratch, the push for MT garbage, WoD taking such a huge chunk of the staff and the further mismanagement of available resources... the answer lies somewhere between all of these.

We know a lot more work has actually been done, and station environments have been constructed that we are not able to play yet. We know this because establishments have been internally playtested, and we were told they were not very fun with their current implementation so they decided not to run with it for crucible.

So two things are holding them back now.

The first is the lack of a good plan that will satisfy many of the players without pissing off the other half, and the second is people who are jumping on the "I hate WiS because someone told me to" bandwagon.

Both of these problems are fixed when people hop off the bandwagon of hatred and ignorance and start telling CCP what they actually want out of WiS. The sooner this gets done the better, because right now it's obvious they don't really have a plan anymore.

Yes, CCP seriously blew it and wasted 3 years of our time. Yes, we're just as pissed off at them as you are for neglecting other aspects of the game while they did that. We are ALL playing the same game and feel this **** the same as you. but what is done is done. To let that three years of bullshit be for nothing is just insanity now. WiS is in the game, we need to push for it to actually be relevant now.

We also need to push for **** like cosmos, for FW, for half the **** they cut out of dominion, for half the **** they cut out of tyrannis, etc. Even if some of that **** didn't matter to you, it mattered to someone who patiently waited for it. We are all victims of the same cycle of stupidity, and nobody should get left out in the cold on this.
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#1919 - 2012-01-01 03:05:31 UTC
As someone who was looking forward to Ambulation, then Incarna for ~2 years, I have to say being locked in a room with a view of my ship was more or less intriguing, but not very fun. Incarna is more than Ambulation in its current form, but a lot less than the original idea was presented.

I really would like to see the day when players huddle together over game tables in cantinas to pass the time. More in some areas than others of course, and certainly not in preference to playing with ships in space. I mean the social activity that doesn't quite include mashing peoples faces in over fitting requirements and other such things.

So maybe Incarna/WiS is a long ways off. I'm willing to wait for a quality product to be released, and enjoy whatever comes with it when it does.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Kuronaga
Fatal Absolution
#1920 - 2012-01-01 03:09:25 UTC
Mars Theran wrote:
As someone who was looking forward to Ambulation, then Incarna for ~2 years, I have to say being locked in a room with a view of my ship was more or less intriguing, but not very fun. Incarna is more than Ambulation in its current form, but a lot less than the original idea was presented.

I really would like to see the day when players huddle together over game tables in cantinas to pass the time. More in some areas than others of course, and certainly not in preference to playing with ships in space. I mean the social activity that doesn't quite include mashing peoples faces in over fitting requirements and other such things.

So maybe Incarna/WiS is a long ways off. I'm willing to wait for a quality product to be released, and enjoy whatever comes with it when it does.


You should tell them what it is you actually want. Apparently their own game designers haven't got a clue, and if you leave it to them you could end up waiting a very long time indeed.