These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Aegis release - Issues

First post
Author
SFM Hobb3s
Perkone
Caldari State
#61 - 2015-07-07 13:44:45 UTC
For some reason my Confessor is still not orange (interbus?). Will forgive HECATEGATE if confessor fixed.
Ransu Asanari
Perkone
Caldari State
#62 - 2015-07-07 14:09:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Ransu Asanari
Multiple people reporting a loss of SP - ranging from 200,000 to over 1 million SP:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3cf84g/drifters_stole_our_skillpoints_check_your_sp/

I'll be submitting a bug report shortly.

Edit: EBR-41494 Logged.
Xindi Kraid
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#63 - 2015-07-07 14:13:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Xindi Kraid
So stupid minor thing, but I notice some of the new Wiyrkomi SKINS show the Wiyrkomi logo on T2 ships. I thought CCP was saying the original manufacturer logo was supposed to stay, that's how it is with the rest of the T2 SKINS
Portmanteau
Iron Krosz
#64 - 2015-07-07 14:34:54 UTC
darthmoll Amatin wrote:
Wing boosts are not working anymore.

only squad boosts work.



half arsed nerf, do it properly ccp
DrugsDen
Shadow of Embers
Lord of Worlds Alliance
#65 - 2015-07-07 14:36:25 UTC
Still not fixed the "The socket was closed" issues then adding new stuff and not fixing stuff that dont work is just pointless
Lone Gunman
Forhotea Corporation
#66 - 2015-07-07 14:44:08 UTC
Gallente Tactical Destroyer Skills have now been seeded.
Janwa Resh
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2015-07-07 14:54:31 UTC
Lone Gunman wrote:
Gallente Tactical Destroyer Skills have now been seeded.


Not that I can find.
TheBluey
Island Monkeys
#68 - 2015-07-07 14:55:44 UTC
it has been bodged into at least one station that i've seen
Steijn
Quay Industries
#69 - 2015-07-07 14:57:50 UTC
Janwa Resh wrote:
Lone Gunman wrote:
Gallente Tactical Destroyer Skills have now been seeded.


Not that I can find.


theyve appeared in Metropolis in 1 station.
Lone Gunman
Forhotea Corporation
#70 - 2015-07-07 15:02:37 UTC
They are in Amsen in Lonetrek and Itamo, also at a slight premium in Jita.
CCP Paradox
#71 - 2015-07-07 15:16:21 UTC
Ransu Asanari wrote:
Multiple people reporting a loss of SP - ranging from 200,000 to over 1 million SP:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3cf84g/drifters_stole_our_skillpoints_check_your_sp/

I'll be submitting a bug report shortly.

Edit: EBR-41494 Logged.


From what we can see, this is reporting issues in the API that we're investigating right now. Thanks for the report!

CCP Paradox | EVE QA | Team Phenomenon

Space Magician

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#72 - 2015-07-07 15:20:28 UTC
Portmanteau wrote:
darthmoll Amatin wrote:
Wing boosts are not working anymore.

only squad boosts work.



half arsed nerf, do it properly ccp

It's obviously just a mistake. They shouldn't work in squad either.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Darkblad
Doomheim
#73 - 2015-07-07 15:33:30 UTC
Reilly Duvolle wrote:
Has the updated bracket icons been deployed? I dont see any blue friendly NPCs

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5867631#post5867631

NPEISDRIP

Reilly Duvolle
Hydra Squadron
#74 - 2015-07-07 15:38:03 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
Reilly Duvolle wrote:
Has the updated bracket icons been deployed? I dont see any blue friendly NPCs

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5867631#post5867631



Thanx
Bevici Roden
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2015-07-07 15:52:39 UTC
http://i.imgur.com/1i6iaMv.jpg

Somehow the current skill I am training looks to be missing 33 ish hours of training time.


But this seems to be a bug with eve, the skill underneath the dropdown menu says the correct sp at 83.6k only the top part says 24k


(the small difference between what eve shows and what my evemon shows 83,761 vs 83,225 is the time it took to make this small picture)

Also pausing then re-applying the skill Q fixes the displayed value in eve.
VirusMD
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2015-07-07 16:04:53 UTC
Id comment on the low quality of this patch but after an hour to trickle download, and patch, i cant seem to login now on ANY of my 3 separate client installations.... Oh and bonus, the "repair" tool doesn't work either i get a friendly little error, buried in a log in a hidden system folder that i am sure everyone has easy access to. Anyway....

Id post the contents of the error log but aparently it contains HTML code witch im not allowed to paste here.... So you will have to deal with a pic instead http://gyazo.com/8d72dbe91c76cbdd36a78f019450d868


The client launches, i type my password, it says "login complete, processing bulk data" Then the graphic status bar just cycles endlessly.
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#77 - 2015-07-07 16:26:54 UTC
CCP Paradox wrote:
Ransu Asanari wrote:
Multiple people reporting a loss of SP - ranging from 200,000 to over 1 million SP:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3cf84g/drifters_stole_our_skillpoints_check_your_sp/

I'll be submitting a bug report shortly.

Edit: EBR-41494 Logged.


From what we can see, this is reporting issues in the API that we're investigating right now. Thanks for the report!


This is just a difference of opinion with the EVE client and EVEMon. Here is why:

The EVE client will look at how many SP you have according to what is stored in the database. It takes all the skills you have and sums up their SP. Pretty straight forward. No so fast. See a skill that is IN training at this moment doesn't actually have those SP in the database. When a skill is finished training, or paused, or stopped, or something like that which causes the skill to no longer be training then we store how many SP that skill has in the DB.

So if you are training a new skill, from the time you start training that skill until it finishes or is stopped for some reason, the DB thinks it has 0 SP.

EVEMon is a bit different. They sum up how many SP you have same as the EVE client however they will also look at the skill in training and calculate how many SP you should have based on that training.

This has been like this for many many years. So no, the drifters didn't steal your skills. We do appreciate all the bug reports though. It's amazing how many get generated when people thing their skills have been affected.

Also, thanks for giving me even more grey hair today by making me think yet another thing had gone horribly wrong with the API. :/

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Mondra Ronuken
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#78 - 2015-07-07 17:43:58 UTC
so what about the "Missile Guidance Computer I"- BPO now? is it coming today or tomorrow? just finished "waiting for new modules since dt" - level5, now i dont know if i should go for specialication skill too.
Leucy Kerastase
650BN
#79 - 2015-07-07 17:48:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Leucy Kerastase
Bilingual function broken.

The bilingual function, whereby you can choose in which language you want the client to display "Important Names" when you are playing on non-English UI modes, seems to be broken (at least for Japanese mode.)

The client now seems to ignore your preferred language for displaying names and just shows everything in Japanese.
Desmont McCallock
#80 - 2015-07-07 18:06:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Desmont McCallock
CCP FoxFour wrote:
CCP Paradox wrote:
Ransu Asanari wrote:
Multiple people reporting a loss of SP - ranging from 200,000 to over 1 million SP:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3cf84g/drifters_stole_our_skillpoints_check_your_sp/

I'll be submitting a bug report shortly.

Edit: EBR-41494 Logged.


From what we can see, this is reporting issues in the API that we're investigating right now. Thanks for the report!


This is just a difference of opinion with the EVE client and EVEMon. Here is why:

The EVE client will look at how many SP you have according to what is stored in the database. It takes all the skills you have and sums up their SP. Pretty straight forward. No so fast. See a skill that is IN training at this moment doesn't actually have those SP in the database. When a skill is finished training, or paused, or stopped, or something like that which causes the skill to no longer be training then we store how many SP that skill has in the DB.

So if you are training a new skill, from the time you start training that skill until it finishes or is stopped for some reason, the DB thinks it has 0 SP.

EVEMon is a bit different. They sum up how many SP you have same as the EVE client however they will also look at the skill in training and calculate how many SP you should have based on that training.

This has been like this for many many years. So no, the drifters didn't steal your skills. We do appreciate all the bug reports though. It's amazing how many get generated when people thing their skills have been affected.

Also, thanks for giving me even more grey hair today by making me think yet another thing had gone horribly wrong with the API. :/
Confirming that this is the case. There must be about two dozen threads for this in EVEMon forums since EVEMon was created.