These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Where's the other clothes?

First post
Author
David Estarra
Starside Lost
#61 - 2011-12-30 11:41:43 UTC
I really hope these new clothes will be released on TQ soon.. There's some awesome Leather Gear that'd be perfect for me to go clubbing in at a certain type of Gentlemans Establishment..

But I'm still seeing a distinct lack of backless leather chaps even on SISI.. Blink

[IMG]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/ChrisW73/DSigFinal.jpg[/IMG]

Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#62 - 2011-12-30 11:51:06 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Yes, CCP, please stop working on actual Eve content so the space barbies can play dressup.


Yes, we all know you hate roleplay and anything related to it, that is why you are playing a spaceship RPG. Maybe the problem is that you never came to terms with your own nerdiness. Roll

Also the clothes are already completed and available on the test server and have been there for a few month, they just have to be seeded into the TQ market or NEX, that is all.

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Sadayiel
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#63 - 2011-12-30 12:29:40 UTC
Arcathra wrote:
Crasniya wrote:
CCP needs to change their pricing strategy... badly. Things need to drop in price by a factor of ten. But Aurum as a currency is not the problem.

I agree. The prices for the clothing items are incredibly high compared to most other MMORPGs who also sell comparable vanity items. And I'm not talkin about the monocle here. For buying a full set of clothes (shirt, jacket, pants, shoes) I can get multiple vanity armor sets in other games.



I suggest you get back to WoW (the most basic comparable game) and attempt to buy those winged lion cubs, special pets and mounts with the ingame gold you can farm in raids.... oh wait YOU CAN'T.

The biggest Issue with EVE and MT it's the simple and absurd way that if you TIE anything to ingame trade then you are giving it a valuable price in RL.

It's absurd and maybe it's ******** but the only way CCP can revert the NEX shop it's to erase the NEX items from ingame market, and as far make them tradeable(or make the possibility to gift them) , then ADD the option to buy Aurum straight for Euros, dollars or whatever.

That's the biggest mistake CCP did with the NEX shop, Tie it to the ingame money wich turned it into a Vanity for ingame rich players, not a vanity for players with spare cash outgame as the NEX shop stand now it's not about who can spare 60-80 euros/dollars for a monocle, but who has the money or can spare time to farm it, for me it's a weekend of Isk farm, for some others a day of Market pvp, for most of the players several weeks of Hard farm.

P.S: i still think the Aurum cost should make the cloth prices in the 3-5 euro/dollar range, it's not about make a collection of clothes but find 3-4 pieces you like and buy it to give a more personalized look.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#64 - 2011-12-30 18:16:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
uhm the latest pet from wow is tradeable... apperantly 5$ usd is about 3k gold. which buys you the equivalent of a tech 2 rig that gets destroyed or obsolute with the equipment its attached to.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Mistrala DeLegra
Novus Alba FerrumSus
#65 - 2012-01-02 04:49:31 UTC
Wow so the russians get a coat for subscribing to EVE??? what do the rest of us get then???? im dutch, do i get a red white and blue coat????/ and if so then where is it??? kinda sucky that the rest of us get jacked!!!
Lina Alar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#66 - 2012-01-02 04:56:23 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Wonders if people will still call for death to AUR if it was called a Micro Plex.

Even if you changed the name, and even if it functioned the way the name suggested, there would still be people apoplectic that a) the name had been changed, b) seemingly more work had been done on WiS in any way, c) applying MicroPlex in Nex doesn't bribe Concord to look the other way when you're in high sec.

While I never liked the notion that you could buy faction standings or particularly effective items with aurum, the existence of the Nex never really bothered me for vanity items. That's not to say I didn't find it something of a disappointment. I would have preferred BPOs and a player-driven manufacturing cycle for the vanity items. But it is what it is.

An explanation of Eve socialization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTbgvYPVdXE

Lick with your main™

Myxx
The Scope
#67 - 2012-01-03 14:53:38 UTC
heh, bump. I'd love to see bpos made for them.
oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#68 - 2012-01-03 15:09:58 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
I don't have an answer for you, but I too hope that we can offer them soon because they are just great :)
(I'm pretty happy with my outfit :) )



Don,t have an answer is pretty much standard CCP policy

R.S.I2014

Lina Alar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#69 - 2012-01-03 15:55:02 UTC
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
CCP karkur wrote:
I don't have an answer for you, but I too hope that we can offer them soon because they are just great :)
(I'm pretty happy with my outfit :) )



Don,t have an answer is pretty much standard CCP policy

CCP karkur was kind enough to answer us during the holiday week, when I'm sure most CCP folk were away from work. Also, I'm assuming CCP is in the post-Crucible-OK-that-kinda-worked-now-what planning stages... though I hope that's not what they name the next expansion. They may not know what they're going to do themselves, let alone be prepared to tell us about it. Patience, please.

An explanation of Eve socialization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTbgvYPVdXE

Lick with your main™

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#70 - 2012-01-03 15:57:56 UTC  |  Edited by: oldbutfeelingyoung
Lina Alar wrote:
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
CCP karkur wrote:
I don't have an answer for you, but I too hope that we can offer them soon because they are just great :)
(I'm pretty happy with my outfit :) )



Don,t have an answer is pretty much standard CCP policy

CCP karkur was kind enough to answer us during the holiday week, when I'm sure most CCP folk were away from work. Also, I'm assuming CCP is in the post-Crucible-OK-that-kinda-worked-now-what planning stages... though I hope that's not what they name the next expansion. They may not know what they're going to do themselves, let alone be prepared to tell us about it. Patience, please.



had enough patience until today
had patience for about 2 months

R.S.I2014

Bartholemu Fu-Baz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2012-01-03 16:02:53 UTC
Crasniya wrote:
Bartholemu Fu-Baz wrote:
If clothes get offered in the market, and not in NEX, that's good, people!


They're only in the SiSi Market for people to play with, but would only be in the market in order for people to resell. The only reason they have an ISK price on SiSi, is because *everything* has a 100 ISK price on SiSi.

Bartholemu Fu-Baz wrote:
NEX and AUR can die. Long live PLEX and ISK.


And... I lost all respect for you. Aurum = PLEX. Effectively. Yes, they need to get the capability to transfer Aurum into the game, but the effective truth is, both are currencies created by spending RL currency. What they provide, can be sold on the market (either game time, or clothes you buy with AUR).

Honestly, if you wanted to simplify currency, it'd make more sense to get rid of PLEX. Change it directly into Aurum. And have game time purchased in Aurum. Because Aurum is simply a version of PLEX that can be divided into smaller portions.

Please know what you're talking about, before you whine about it.

CCP needs to change their pricing strategy... badly. Things need to drop in price by a factor of ten. But Aurum as a currency is not the problem.


PLEX being an accepted part of the game, AUR being a tarnished brand loathed almost universally. Of course they would back AUR, marketing geniuses.

Yes they are effectively the same, although its an annoying mechanism and insulting at the same time. No need for both.

In spite your rude reply I agree with you, the two problems are the duplication and the insanely inflated pricing strategy, factor of ten may not be enough, but would be a good start. (Well I'd add a third problem: marketing. CCP alienating its base with these ideas. Keeping Aurum after all the evidence that its a failed brand.)
Bartholemu Fu-Baz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2012-01-03 16:23:55 UTC
Darth A30NZ wrote:
oldbutfeelingyoung wrote:
Bartholemu Fu-Baz wrote:
If clothes get offered in the market, and not in NEX, that's good, people!

NEX and AUR can die. Long live PLEX and ISK.



Nah Aurum won,t go away soon
They gonna use it in DUST to buy some rmt stuff
DUST will be P2W
And since they make EVE and DUST connected to each other ,EVE is indirectly P2W


what you say has merit.


To be honest, EVE has been pay to win for a long time, to an extent.

PLEX sold for ISK is pay to win, although there are certainly some caveats and counterbalances that keep it from being the only factor in "winning". This new factor may tip it farther in that direction.
Crasniya
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2012-01-03 16:56:13 UTC
Bartholemu Fu-Baz wrote:
To be honest, EVE has been pay to win for a long time, to an extent.

PLEX sold for ISK is pay to win, although there are certainly some caveats and counterbalances that keep it from being the only factor in "winning". This new factor may tip it farther in that direction.


Is it possible that PLEX is more... "pay to keep up"?

For example, I have sold PLEX for ISK, because I don't have the play time to make money, so I had all sorts of skills for ships I couldn't afford to fly. I'm working on capital ships, and I will probably use PLEX to assist the acquisition of said capital ship. But no matter how much I spend on PLEX, I am not going to be able to fly a capital ship any time within the next month, because my skill points aren't there.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2012-01-03 17:03:50 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ugleb wrote:
As we're on the subject, I (still) don't think the NeX is evil as such, it just needs decent stocking at more affordable prices then ppl can choose if they want to part with their ISK/cash for it and CCP can use the proceeds to make new items or fund new spaceships with it.
It is evil pretty much by very definition, since anything it does in-game means it steals gameplay content away from the game, and anything out-of-game (nothing so far, but going by their discussions) could be better done by consolidating that stuff with the other account services.


And thats evil how?
Bartholemu Fu-Baz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2012-01-03 17:04:14 UTC
Crasniya wrote:
Bartholemu Fu-Baz wrote:
To be honest, EVE has been pay to win for a long time, to an extent.

PLEX sold for ISK is pay to win, although there are certainly some caveats and counterbalances that keep it from being the only factor in "winning". This new factor may tip it farther in that direction.


Is it possible that PLEX is more... "pay to keep up"?

For example, I have sold PLEX for ISK, because I don't have the play time to make money, so I had all sorts of skills for ships I couldn't afford to fly. I'm working on capital ships, and I will probably use PLEX to assist the acquisition of said capital ship. But no matter how much I spend on PLEX, I am not going to be able to fly a capital ship any time within the next month, because my skill points aren't there.


Right, that's the counterbalancing that I was speaking of. No matter how much ISK you have, its only a component of how effective you can be.

But all other things being equal, PLEX redeemers have a huge advantage. Hence its at least partially pay to win at this point.
Bartholemu Fu-Baz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2012-01-03 17:33:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Bartholemu Fu-Baz
Crasniya wrote:
What about all the clothes in the Market that seemingly don't exist in-game?


Crasniya wrote:
Bartholemu Fu-Baz wrote:
If clothes get offered in the market, and not in NEX, that's good, people!


They're only in the SiSi Market for people to play with, but would only be in the market in order for people to resell. The only reason they have an ISK price on SiSi, is because *everything* has a 100 ISK price on SiSi.

Bartholemu Fu-Baz wrote:
NEX and AUR can die. Long live PLEX and ISK.


And... I lost all respect for you. Aurum = PLEX. Effectively. Yes, they need to get the capability to transfer Aurum into the game, but the effective truth is, both are currencies created by spending RL currency. What they provide, can be sold on the market (either game time, or clothes you buy with AUR).

Honestly, if you wanted to simplify currency, it'd make more sense to get rid of PLEX. Change it directly into Aurum. And have game time purchased in Aurum. Because Aurum is simply a version of PLEX that can be divided into smaller portions.

Please know what you're talking about, before you whine about it.

CCP needs to change their pricing strategy... badly. Things need to drop in price by a factor of ten. But Aurum as a currency is not the problem.


Okay, one admission here, I did not understand that you where talking about SiSi market from the OP.

Thank you for clarifying.

I'd rather see these things in the TQ market, and skip the NEX. At a more reasonable price.
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#77 - 2012-01-03 17:33:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jade Constantine
Jaroslav Unwanted wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Ugleb wrote:
As we're on the subject, I (still) don't think the NeX is evil as such, it just needs decent stocking at more affordable prices then ppl can choose if they want to part with their ISK/cash for it and CCP can use the proceeds to make new items or fund new spaceships with it.
It is evil pretty much by very definition, since anything it does in-game means it steals gameplay content away from the game, and anything out-of-game (nothing so far, but going by their discussions) could be better done by consolidating that stuff with the other account services.


And thats evil how?


Its getting a bit boring explaining this point to the same people in 1001 different threads.

NeX is evil because its about offering content we expected to be provided through traditional sandbox industries (CCP led us to believe that Incarna would have establishments where you sell stuff made by players to other players) purely through the lazy microtransaction "push $ button get stuff" model that has absolutely nothing to do with traditional eve gameplay. NeX has rightly been seen as removing sand from the sandbox because the concept denies players the opportunity to play with the industries that Incarna should have enabled.

NeX is evil because it presents an argument that our subscription fees are no longer enough to get access to the whole of eve online. That in order to get access to the whole of the content you need subscription+MT. This subdivides the player base between RL haves and have nots and erects a microtransaction based paywall between available content. It is certainly evil because it helped push Eve into the unsub cycle we saw this autumn as players began to doubt the value of their subscription in the shadow of our new MT overlords.

NeX is evil because it introduced indestructible player possessions into a game that once prided itself on risk/reward and the cold realistic nature of its game world. While Eve is happy to have players losing the value of a family saloon car when their Titan's explode the NeX commissars decided that Monocles would be invulnerable and eternal because thats the only way they could justify the ridiculous price. This made a mockery of the concept from the beginning and was a very sad day for eve.

NeX is evil because its a foot in the door for creeping Microtransactions in Eve. "Vanity" clothing was first. Ship skins will be next. Corp and Alliance logos will follow. Soon any new customization of your avatar or ships or corporate interface could be sold only for Aurum and while clothes can be sold on the market you can bet not everything planned for the future can be.This is definitely the wrong direction for a successful and thriving single server MMO that once prided itself on daring to be different.

NeX is evil because its a crass defilement of existing PF political realities in New Eden. Amarr-owned clothing chains getting exclusive rights to sell clothes in the stations of the people they are at war with (and trying to enslave) yeah right. Its evil because rather than having the new content brought into the game by loyalty point stores with factional agenda and backstory its all plonked down like a badly organized wallmart store with flashing neon $ signs on the outside. Its cheap. It lacks any background credibility, and it actively works to break people's suspension of disbelief.

NeX is evil because it was the brainchild of CCP monocle and CCP thousand dollar jeans who believed that rather than playing games to relax and suspend our disbelief in our leisure time we should instead play games to continue the crass echos of consumer greed culture that haunt our waking lives. In essence they (and the NeX store) posit that if you are a "loser" in real life (ie don't have a good job nice house and expensive clothes) then you should continue to be a "loser" in your virtual life where the lack of $ fed virtual currency will ensure you continue to dress in thrift store space fashions while aristocratic space bankers laugh at you with mink coats and monocles.

So much for playing games to relax and escape your worries for a while in the space opera of New Eden - so much for playing a member of the "capsuleer elite" (who can own planets and access a luxury lifestyle throughout the length and breadth of space. Oh no, these guys want you to be reminded of your RL credit card bills and overdraft everytime you look at some overdressed gimp in a shiny leotard knowing that your capsuleer can't even afford a pair of socks without selling off your fleet of battleships.

It'd be a decent comedy routine if it wasn't so tragic.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#78 - 2012-01-03 18:40:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Athena
Hm, I'm wondering if the delay in releasing the additional clothing is because CCP is re-evaluating the business model of the Nex store. There are issues with it, the main one being the price of the PLEX.

The PLEX is quite high. Demand for Nex items can drive up the PLEX, except it cannot right now. Why? Because of all the free Aurum in the game. We got 5500 Aur as gifts late last year, and now some got Aur as the Christmas gift. The result is you can now get Nex items at Jita for ISK at 10% of the "book" value. (Book value: What you would pay if you went ISK -> PLEX -> Aur -> Nex store item.) As these items can be obtained off the market for so little isk, chances are very few PLEX are bought for conversion to Aur.

Yet the PLEX is still so high in price that CCP keeps running promotion after promotion to lower it! What would happen to the PLEX if the Nex was fully populated with items and the free Aur runs out? Most likely it would price many players out of the game. The result would be the Nex store costs CCP subscriptions due to high PLEX costs on top of those who quit due to its mere existence. The question becomes: Does the Nex store make CCP money?

Maybe CCP is considering just dropping the Nex as a failed experiment (they did say it was an experiment in microtransactions). Until that decision is made, no need to complicate any change by adding additional items to the Nex.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

DarkAegix
Acetech Systems
#79 - 2012-01-08 11:44:33 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:

NeX is evil because it hurts my feelings.

Evil: Profoundly immoral and malevolent.
Immoral: Not conforming to accepted standards of morality.
Morality: Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behaviour.

Last time I checked, NeX is not sentient and capable of moral decisions. Can one really call a clothing store in a video game about spaceships evil?

I also find it amusingly sad that people whine, get butthurt, hate and waste their time attacking a component of a video game which as silly as a clothes store.

It defines them as hateful people, strung up on the things which don't really matter. When was the last time these posters said something positive?
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2012-01-08 12:18:33 UTC
Bullets are Evil they kill people
Gasoline is Evil they kill people
Engines are Evil they kill people

Subsequently everything is evil every object, cause it kills people at some point.

Air is Evil it kills people
Without Air there will be no combustion, therefore no "engines, flying bullets etc."
But then there would be something else .. not sure i am not an scientist but i guess there is some kind of fusion possible without Air, therefore it is Evil too because it will consequently kill people.

And lets follow it a bit longer
Clothes are evil and car paints are evil because .. There certainly can be some line which will explain it but it will go down to the root of the industry and then the fact that it use something which was considered evil because it is used for another industry which kills people, but its projecting..

Therefore Morals are Evil in general because they create roles : like what you have to do and what you should not do. Therefore it is destroying personality and therefore it is Evil .. Evil itself is Evil by its own definition which is confusing..

There is no such thing as Evil or Good.. Things just happens, what the outcome is .. its upon ours "created personal reality" .