These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

People complaining about boosters

First post
Author
Nicholas Goldfinder
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2015-06-22 01:11:18 UTC
Are just bad players.

It is like complaining about being blobbed.

Shall we remove fleets?

lol

P
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2 - 2015-06-22 01:29:27 UTC
Nicholas Goldfinder wrote:
Are just bad players.

It is like complaining about being blobbed.

Shall we remove fleets?

lol

P


People defending boosters are jsut bad PvPers that need the extra help.

See i can also make post with no meaning or backing...
Iyokus Patrouette
Buccaneers of New Eden
Liquor Legion
#3 - 2015-06-22 03:45:05 UTC
The Eve O Forums greatest snitch strikes again. Cool

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Portmanteau
Iron Krosz
#4 - 2015-06-22 09:07:43 UTC
Nicholas Goldfinder wrote:
Are just bad players.

It is like complaining about being blobbed.

Shall we remove fleets?

lol

P


Blobs come onto the field ... boosters don't Roll
Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-06-22 09:12:39 UTC
Off grid boosters are the same principle as 'Skynetting', vastly increased combat performance for negligible risk.

I expect it will be nerfed/removed by CCP eventually just as Skynetting was.
Nikolai Agnon
Khanid Propulsion Systems
Local Is Primary
#6 - 2015-06-22 09:46:11 UTC
Nameira Vanis-Tor wrote:
Off grid boosters are the same principle as 'Skynetting', vastly increased combat performance for negligible risk.

I expect it will be nerfed/removed by CCP eventually just as Skynetting was.


Hence all the hype surrounding the Brain-in-a-Box project. Means on-grid boosts will become possible Smile

Nikolai Agnon for CSM XI!

FacWar | Lowsec | PVE | API

Varrinox
Red Sky Morning
Religious Slave Masters
#7 - 2015-06-22 12:22:42 UTC
Boosters are a ******** out of date mechanic that needs addressing far more urgently than anymore ship hull redesign or balance or more overview tweaks.

They along with numerous other ways of using alts to gain a pay to win advantage over a legit solo pilot are a cancer in this game. They have their places on grid in any engagement but in there present state are no more than a joke.

This comes from a person who has done it as well. I used to run with personal booster and multiple accounts in recons/logi. now days I just solo as that encourages more interaction with humans and this is not a Korean grind MMO it's a western player interaction bases MMO (apparently).

Some risk vs reward that CCP always talk about needs to be applied to boosters.

Also add delayed local to all of k-space whilst your at it.


Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#8 - 2015-06-22 22:14:25 UTC
Varrinox wrote:
Boosters are a ******** out of date mechanic that needs addressing far more urgently than anymore ship hull redesign or balance or more overview tweaks.

They along with numerous other ways of using alts to gain a pay to win advantage over a legit solo pilot are a cancer in this game. They have their places on grid in any engagement but in there present state are no more than a joke.

This comes from a person who has done it as well. I used to run with personal booster and multiple accounts in recons/logi. now days I just solo as that encourages more interaction with humans and this is not a Korean grind MMO it's a western player interaction bases MMO (apparently).

Some risk vs reward that CCP always talk about needs to be applied to boosters.

Also add delayed local to all of k-space whilst your at it.



eve is not solo game so cry more.
Nicholas Goldfinder
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2015-06-22 23:23:15 UTC
lol

you can't kill a booster and you think you are not bad?

something is wrong here...
Demerius Xenocratus
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#10 - 2015-06-22 23:51:16 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
Varrinox wrote:
Boosters are a ******** out of date mechanic that needs addressing far more urgently than anymore ship hull redesign or balance or more overview tweaks.

They along with numerous other ways of using alts to gain a pay to win advantage over a legit solo pilot are a cancer in this game. They have their places on grid in any engagement but in there present state are no more than a joke.

This comes from a person who has done it as well. I used to run with personal booster and multiple accounts in recons/logi. now days I just solo as that encourages more interaction with humans and this is not a Korean grind MMO it's a western player interaction bases MMO (apparently).

Some risk vs reward that CCP always talk about needs to be applied to boosters.

Also add delayed local to all of k-space whilst your at it.



eve is not solo game so cry more.


Do you get bored of being the 49th highest damage on a killmail or do you find it fulfilling?
Demerius Xenocratus
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#11 - 2015-06-22 23:53:05 UTC
Nicholas Goldfinder wrote:
lol

you can't kill a booster and you think you are not bad?

something is wrong here...



How you suggest killing boosters for solo/small gang players when they can instantly dock or jump gate, or need perfect skill prober with implants to find quickly?
Paranoid Loyd
#12 - 2015-06-22 23:53:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:
Bad Messenger wrote:

eve is not solo game so cry more.


Do you get bored of being the 49th highest damage on a killmail or do you find it fulfilling?
Went back five pages on his killboard until I reached one with more than 3 people on it. (It had 6 people) Then again he doesn't seem to be undocking this toon lately.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#13 - 2015-06-23 00:11:44 UTC
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:
Nicholas Goldfinder wrote:
lol

you can't kill a booster and you think you are not bad?

something is wrong here...



How you suggest killing boosters for solo/small gang players when they can instantly dock or jump gate, or need perfect skill prober with implants to find quickly?


No longer need that. if they can have a booster alt. Why do you feel like its such a problem having a prober alt?

More ships in space = better.
Demerius Xenocratus
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#14 - 2015-06-23 02:32:40 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:
Bad Messenger wrote:

eve is not solo game so cry more.


Do you get bored of being the 49th highest damage on a killmail or do you find it fulfilling?
Went back five pages on his killboard until I reached one with more than 3 people on it. (It had 6 people) Then again he doesn't seem to be undocking this toon lately.



His killboard tells another story that's not entirely complimentary.

Whatever happened to Nasranite Watch anyway?
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#15 - 2015-06-23 08:58:49 UTC
I hate the fact that I always need some crappy alt sitting off grid somewhere with links, which I have to drag around with me just because CCP likes subscriptions from alts. fannoying.
Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#16 - 2015-06-23 14:32:47 UTC
Nicholas Goldfinder wrote:
Are just bad players.

It is like complaining about being blobbed.

Shall we remove fleets?

lol

P



┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈?????WUT?????
┈┈╱▔▔▔▔▔╲┈┈┈??????????
┈╱┈┈╱▔╲╲╲▏┈┈┈?????┈
╱┈┈╱━╱▔▔▔▔▔╲━╮┈┈
▏┈▕┃▕╱▔╲╱▔╲▕╮┃┈┈
▏┈▕╰━▏▊▕▕▋▕▕━╯┈┈
╲┈┈╲╱▔╭╮▔▔ ╲╲┈┈┈
┈╲┈┈▏╭━━━━╮▕▕┈┈┈
┈┈╲┈╲▂▂▂▂▂▂╱╱┈┈┈
┈┈┈┈▏┊┈┈┈┈┊┈┈┈╲┈
┈┈┈┈▏┊┈┈┈┈┊▕╲┈┈╲
┈╱▔╲▏┊┈┈┈┈┊▕╱▔╲▕
┈▏┈┈┈╰┈┈┈┈╯┈┈┈▕▕
┈╲┈┈┈╲┈┈┈┈╱┈┈┈╱┈╲
┈┈╲┈┈▕▔▔▔▔▏┈┈╱╲╲╲▏
┈╱▔┈┈▕┈┈┈┈▏┈┈▔╲▔▔
┈╲▂▂▂╱┈┈┈┈╲▂▂▂╱┈
Speedkermit Damo
Invicta.
Muffins of Mayhem
#17 - 2015-06-23 15:56:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Speedkermit Damo
Players who use off-grid boosters have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me.

There's absolutely no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Varrinox
Red Sky Morning
Religious Slave Masters
#18 - 2015-06-23 20:36:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Varrinox
To the ones who based the validity of my argument upon my killboard. When I do decide to play, which I rare now days, I am an FC for the most part and as such usually have more pilots than just myself on the killmail. Usually a mix new bros that have never PvP'd and I try to teach them the ropes in the Amarr Militia and more regular names that just like to fly with me. Granted I rarely manage to pull any meaningful numbers like back in the day when my militia fleets used to get 20-30 fairly regularly, but such is EvEs population decline.

Base your argument on fact of the mechanics impact directly upon each individuals experience of the game not your opinion of the one stating his opinion of the impact on the game. Doing anything other than this is just mindless smack talk.

Don't get me wrong, I love EvE, it's concept is superior to every other game ever made. Alas it has lost it's was in my opinion and needs a lot of changes. Kill2 and Fozzie have made good changes in particular with ship balancing as it has made all races viable at all levels of PvP, bar a few exceptions.

I would love to see 50k+ pilots online at peak times like I did when i first started playing [2010] but rarely see above 25k now.
I used to make tutorial videos on YouTube also to help new pilots learn because CCP did such a god awful job of teaching them everything there is to know in this vast game, granted that is no easy task. Hell I would love to see Eve break 100k pilots online, but in its current state that would not be viable in terms of attracting new players and retaining them and having the hardware capable of running nodes effectively to give people those huge fleet fights that get talked about and actually be a fun minute to minute game play experience.

Anyway this is fast become me writing a love letter to my estranged mistress Ms.Eve Online.

Edit - I should also add that in previous post I used the word "Solo" to indicate just 1 account 1 person 1 PC. Not pure solo PvP.

I hope you have a good day, week, month, year and live.
May your awake hours be full of laughter and joy and dreams full of your most pleasurable desires.

Varr
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#19 - 2015-06-23 20:55:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Varrinox wrote:
To the ones who based the validity of my argument upon my killboard. When I do decide to play, which I rare now days, I am an FC for the most part and as such usually have more pilots than just myself on the killmail. Usually a mix new bros that have never PvP'd and I try to teach them the ropes in the Amarr Militia and more regular names that just like to fly with me. Granted I rarely manage to pull any meaningful numbers like back in the day when my militia fleets used to get 20-30 fairly regularly, but such is EvEs population decline.

Base your argument on fact of the mechanics impact directly upon each individuals experience of the game not your opinion of the one stating his opinion of the impact on the game. Doing anything other than this is just mindless smack talk.

Don't get me wrong, I love EvE, it's concept is superior to every other game ever made. Alas it has lost it's was in my opinion and needs a lot of changes. Kill2 and Fozzie have made good changes in particular with ship balancing as it has made all races viable at all levels of PvP, bar a few exceptions.

I would love to see 50k+ pilots online at peak times like I did when i first started playing [2010] but rarely see above 25k now.
I used to make tutorial videos on YouTube also to help new pilots learn because CCP did such a god awful job of teaching them everything there is to know in this vast game, granted that is no easy task. Hell I would love to see Eve break 100k pilots online, but in its current state that would not be viable in terms of attracting new players and retaining them and having the hardware capable of running nodes effectively to give people those huge fleet fights that get talked about and actually be a fun minute to minute game play experience.

Anyway this is fast become me writing a love letter to my estranged mistress Ms.Eve Online.

Edit - I should also add that in previous post I used the word "Solo" to indicate just 1 account 1 person 1 PC. Not pure solo PvP.

I hope you have a good day, week, month, year and live.
May your awake hours be full of laughter and joy and dreams full of your most pleasurable desires.

Varr


Solo pilots have always been in a stark minority. The game shines at a fleet level. The bulk of people play to get into a good small to medium size slugfest.

The vocal minority of 'soloers' who are supposed to be pro but do nothing more than whine about how unfair the game is are a joke. Balancing the game at the solo level will do nothing for eve subscription numbers imo. Encouraging people to step up and take fleets out and create content is really the way to keep eve going.

Encouraging larger low sec entities to move on to null where they would have some competition would do more for sub levels than a booster change. These monolithic alliances that sit and do nothing all day apart from wait in a single station for a titan bridge to kill low SP toons that they massively outclass, outnumber and out escalate have done more to make people quit than any booster. Thats not just the people who are getting hotdropped either. Larger corps with no competition are a graveyard for higher SP toons who grow bored of the zero challenge and stop logging in.

As per usual, the main problem is the players choices, not the game as such. Its just easier for people to join these large entities than it is for them to build something. Creating a vacuum for new players by making it worthwhile for the higher SP F1 monkeys to move on to null would be a great step.

Fingers crossed for the nullsec changes.
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#20 - 2015-06-23 21:08:31 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

As per usual, the main problem is the players choices, not the game as such.


Sadly that player choice is: Dont engage, bring your booster alt or join a fleet.

There should be a real option to do solo PvP. I dont have time to find a fleet to roam with every day, that means i do PvE instead since that is something i can do whenever i feel like it without having to bring an army online (suicide PvP is only fun the first 1-2 times, good fights are fun every time)
123Next pageLast page