These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Opt out permanetly from burner missions

First post
Author
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#21 - 2015-06-22 16:29:07 UTC
Sobaan Tali wrote:
Xercodo wrote:
We also need a method to repair concord stranding.

If you go working for a pirate factions you can eventually repair all the other standings except for CONCORD. You're permafucked


I'm not entirely sure as I have no expertise in that arena, but I believe running missions for non-pirate agents in low sec is a possible answer (unless there are no such agents in low sec/outlaw space?). Unless I'm mistaken, shwacking officer spawns also nets a sec increase. There' s also those new NPC's that drop the tags you can trade for sec increases as well.


Sec has been separated from the standing for a while now. The point is to specifically work for a pirate faction and have a way to get back out of it.

CONCORD doesn't have ANY agents so you're stuck. No options at all.

The Drake is a Lie

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#22 - 2015-06-22 20:40:53 UTC
My apologies then, I was unaware they isolated CONCORD standing from a char's sec status. In that case, yeah, you don't really have a whole lot of options. That's a little alarming, to say the least.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-06-22 21:34:53 UTC
Not a bad suggestion since declining caries no penalty. Don't see any reason why not to have it.
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#24 - 2015-06-22 21:49:58 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Is there some way to permanently opt out of burner missions?

If there isnt one already then im requesting that a permanent opt out option be added, it is getting tiresome rejecting burners. Just today i had to reject 6 burner missions in a row to get a normal one.


Wrong forum section for this, but +100 from me. Burner missions are "no penalty for declining" , you should be able to opt out completely as they are optional.

No, we shouldn't be able to opt out of other types of missions like faction missions, the cool down/standings loss mechanics are built around the penalties for declining too many, but burner missions have no decline penalty. It's annoying to have to click through so many burners when you have no intention of running burners at all.

Wasnt sure where to put the request so i put it here thinking that the Mods would move it if I had placed it in the wrong area.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#25 - 2015-06-22 22:19:32 UTC
[OP]: Nope. Nope. Nope. Ummmm no. No. No. No. Errrrrr..hmmm.. better not. Nope. Nope. Nuh uh. Noooope. Ho ho... definitely not. Nope. Nope. Maybe. Nope. LOL NO. Did that. Nope. Nope. ..How about.... this one.

[Mission agent]: What makes you think you can cherry pick the work around here? YOU work for ME scrub! Get out of my office!

[OP]: How dare you! CCP will hear about this! I pay (amount) of (currency) per (time period) and have (#) of accounts! Im entitled to have things my way!

[Mission agent]: Hmmm. You have a good point. Here, take this card.

[OP]: What is this?!?!? All it asks is 'Can I have your stuff?'

[Mission agent]: Its UaE's business card.

*OP storms out of the office

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2015-06-22 22:32:19 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
[OP]: Nope. Nope. Nope. Ummmm no. No. No. No. Errrrrr..hmmm.. better not. Nope. Nope. Nuh uh. Noooope. Ho ho... definitely not. Nope. Nope. Maybe. Nope. LOL NO. Did that. Nope. Nope. ..How about.... this one.

[Mission agent]: ok.

Fixed.

This is pretty much how skipping multiple burner offers works right now. No threats to quit, no loss or opposition from the agent, no transfers of stuff. Just a bunch of extra clicks.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#27 - 2015-06-22 23:21:45 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
[OP]: Nope. Nope. Nope. Ummmm no. No. No. No. Errrrrr..hmmm.. better not. Nope. Nope. Nuh uh. Noooope. Ho ho... definitely not. Nope. Nope. Maybe. Nope. LOL NO. Did that. Nope. Nope. ..How about.... this one.

[Mission agent]: ok.

Fixed.

This is pretty much how skipping multiple burner offers works right now. No threats to quit, no loss or opposition from the agent, no transfers of stuff. Just a bunch of extra clicks.


It was the way agents should be....

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-06-22 23:40:33 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
[OP]: Nope. Nope. Nope. Ummmm no. No. No. No. Errrrrr..hmmm.. better not. Nope. Nope. Nuh uh. Noooope. Ho ho... definitely not. Nope. Nope. Maybe. Nope. LOL NO. Did that. Nope. Nope. ..How about.... this one.

[Mission agent]: ok.

Fixed.

This is pretty much how skipping multiple burner offers works right now. No threats to quit, no loss or opposition from the agent, no transfers of stuff. Just a bunch of extra clicks.


It was the way agents should be....

Considering most of the mission pool is not burner missions, it effectively is. What is being asked for is the ability to skip the few parts that aren't.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#29 - 2015-06-23 00:27:25 UTC
Removed some off topic/troll posts.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2015-06-23 10:10:09 UTC
Tarsas Phage wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Is there some way to permanently opt out of burner missions?

If there isnt one already then im requesting that a permanent opt out option be added, it is getting tiresome rejecting burners. Just today i had to reject 6 burner missions in a row to get a normal one.


Yes, clicking that one Reject button must be so tiring.

Perhaps you could use the exercise.


Imagine every so often you need to click "undock" 2-6 times before actually being allowed to undock. That **** would be pretty annoying.
Baljos Arnjak
Dark Praetorian Order
#31 - 2015-06-23 15:24:38 UTC
What CCP really needs to do is separate Burner missions into a new category of agent.

So normal missions have their normal agents and burner missions have burner agents, maybe call them Bounty Hunter agents or something. Then those that want to do burners and only burners can, and people who want to do normal and only normal missions can. Those that want to do both just hop in a shuttle and run over to where you do burners or vise versa.

This is something that has been brought up a few thousand times that they should have done from the get-go.
Trader Hansen
Failure Assured
Fail Nation
#32 - 2015-06-23 16:21:08 UTC
What CCP needs to do is completely overhaul the entire mission system. It was pretty poor when they introduced it years ago, and it hasn't gotten better with age. But they won't, because it's not pushing players to low-sec/0.0 so isn't part of The Vision(tm).
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#33 - 2015-06-23 16:46:28 UTC
Baljos Arnjak wrote:
What CCP really needs to do is separate Burner missions into a new category of agent.

So normal missions have their normal agents and burner missions have burner agents, maybe call them Bounty Hunter agents or something. Then those that want to do burners and only burners can, and people who want to do normal and only normal missions can. Those that want to do both just hop in a shuttle and run over to where you do burners or vise versa.

This is something that has been brought up a few thousand times that they should have done from the get-go.


This.

I want a "Headhunter" agent where I can do these harder missions.

They could be like level 4.5 missions.

Or maybe make them into 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, and 4.5 level missions

The existing frigate burners be toned down to let newbs do them and cut back on their rewards to keep them from being too farmed.

Do the same for the cruiser burners, make some BC burners, and make some battleship burners and you're solid.

The Drake is a Lie

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#34 - 2015-06-23 17:02:21 UTC
Trader Hansen wrote:
What CCP needs to do is completely overhaul the entire mission system. It was pretty poor when they introduced it years ago, and it hasn't gotten better with age. But they won't, because it's not pushing players to low-sec/0.0 so isn't part of The Vision(tm).


I looked at your post and noticed it's tinfoil tone, then glanced over and noticed your corp and alliance. It fits.
Nevil Oscillator
#35 - 2015-06-23 17:27:21 UTC
This is such a carebear whimsical gripe. Total adds maybe 10 seconds to your mission time per day.

Why not ask for something really useful like a hotkey for salvage drones instead of having to use a context menu.

The current drone controls have been proven to cause tennis elbow and rickets.
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#36 - 2015-06-23 20:16:43 UTC
Nevil Oscillator wrote:
This is such a carebear whimsical gripe. Total adds maybe 10 seconds to your mission time per day.

Why not ask for something really useful like a hotkey for salvage drones instead of having to use a context menu.

The current drone controls have been proven to cause tennis elbow and rickets.

Why dont you ask for it and I'll ask for things that i actually care about.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Nevil Oscillator
#37 - 2015-06-23 20:30:32 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Nevil Oscillator wrote:
This is such a carebear whimsical gripe. Total adds maybe 10 seconds to your mission time per day.

Why not ask for something really useful like a hotkey for salvage drones instead of having to use a context menu.

The current drone controls have been proven to cause tennis elbow and rickets.

Why dont you ask for it and I'll ask for things that i actually care about.


You care about your time being wasted or just being offered missions you don't want to do because you find it insulting that they offered it to you ?

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#38 - 2015-06-23 20:33:39 UTC
Nevil Oscillator wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Nevil Oscillator wrote:
This is such a carebear whimsical gripe. Total adds maybe 10 seconds to your mission time per day.

Why not ask for something really useful like a hotkey for salvage drones instead of having to use a context menu.

The current drone controls have been proven to cause tennis elbow and rickets.

Why dont you ask for it and I'll ask for things that i actually care about.


You care about your time being wasted or just being offered missions you don't want to do because you find it insulting that they offered it to you ?


Da fuk are you talking about?

Take your crazy some place else and let the adults with their faculties in order do the talking here.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Nevil Oscillator
#39 - 2015-06-23 20:47:04 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:



Da fuk are you talking about?

Take your crazy some place else and let the adults with their faculties in order do the talking here.



I don't see your issue as unique, there are lots of things in Eve that could be faster.. but this is the one you care about.. I do have a point, it's been made.. good luck
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#40 - 2015-06-23 21:38:23 UTC
Kind of funny how many people here like to pretend like they should be so up in arms and offended that anyone would stoop to such levels as to asking for such a thing. How dare someone else ask for something that would be an improvement for them but not me, right? It'd be one thing if was something that would be a detriment to others, but I guess since this would largely be something mission runners would like, that makes this a bull-**** request anyways, huh? Makes me wonder how many people actually know what is -- or that there even is -- a difference between "convenience" and "laziness".

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."