These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

The EVE experience

Author
Azraella
Into the Dark
#1 - 2015-06-17 17:21:25 UTC
o7 Hello folks!

Before i kick this thing off, i apologise in advance to the people running the content in the forums. If this is in the wrong section then please point me in the right direction.

I've been thinking about EVE and its contents and being a sandbox game I thought there would be no better place to do the following. I believe the term I'm looking for is the 'Ironman Account', an idea I stole from the Runescape 3 community (Please don't judge me to harshly). Basically, the player creates a new account with specific rules.

1.) The player can not trade or buy from the market hubs.
2.) Everything must be self made, found, rewarded, sourced from the games environment.
3.) The player can not accept donations of any kind.

i.e, if i want a specific ship to fly, then i need to mine my own materials, use PI for the components, find the correct blue prints and gather the right skill books to achieve this goal. Not to mention the specific modules I need to fit the ship (as you can see, the task is endless.....)



Why do this?

Well, I would love to document how i get on, starting with nothing and progressing my career as a pilot. If that is not creating your own content, than i don't know what is. Hopefully, through my career documentation, 'newbies' or vets can get a few ideas for them selves and understand that actually, in EVE you literally can do anything.....

I hope to get some feed back on the communities interest and if it turns out there's a lot of interest.

Then i shall do the following:

1.) Report on my findings, progression, problems, the lot.
2.) Produce detailed fortnightly (Maybe weekly) stories of my time is space, as i know there is a lot of people interested in space stories.
3.) I hope to catch some of this content via online streaming sources, however my internet is terrible and need to look into it.

So please + or - for your interests....

Thank you....
Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#2 - 2015-06-17 17:28:48 UTC
Have fun ... 7o
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-06-17 17:30:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Otso Bakarti
Yah, see you next year sometime after you build your first . . . cruiser? Uh huh. Good luck with that.

score? -5 for not having a clue what all this involves.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Freya Sertan
Doomheim
#4 - 2015-06-17 17:33:20 UTC
+1 for content creation.
-1 for not utilizing the playerbase
+1 for being ballsy

I'll give you a +1 on this. Not my bag but I dig it. Keep us posted.

New Eden isn't nice. It isn't friendly. It isn't very hospitiable. Good thing there are people here to shoot in the face.

Want to make New Eden a nice place? Try this out.

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#5 - 2015-06-17 17:40:07 UTC
I was thinking of doing something similar to this but on super hard mode. Doing it out in nullsec and working for pirate corps as my PVE system.

The Drake is a Lie

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#6 - 2015-06-17 17:43:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Commissar Kate
First of all..... THAT PORTRAIT Shocked Do you need some help with that?

Now with that off my chest....


Go for it, I'm sure there will be some people interested. Although I would have to make an exception that it would be ok to trade between your own characters if you want to use more than one. Maybe create a corp and make a rule that everything must stay within your corp.
Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2015-06-17 17:45:30 UTC
Azraella wrote:
o7 Hello folks!

Before i kick this thing off, i apologise in advance to the people running the content in the forums. If this is in the wrong section then please point me in the right direction.

I've been thinking about EVE and its contents and being a sandbox game I thought there would be no better place to do the following. I believe the term I'm looking for is the 'Ironman Account', an idea I stole from the Runescape 3 community (Please don't judge me to harshly). Basically, the player creates a new account with specific rules.

1.) The player can not trade or buy from the market hubs.
2.) Everything must be self made, found, rewarded, sourced from the games environment.
3.) The player can not accept donations of any kind.

i.e, if i want a specific ship to fly, then i need to mine my own materials, use PI for the components, find the correct blue prints and gather the right skill books to achieve this goal. Not to mention the specific modules I need to fit the ship (as you can see, the task is endless.....)



Why do this?

Well, I would love to document how i get on, starting with nothing and progressing my career as a pilot. If that is not creating your own content, than i don't know what is. Hopefully, through my career documentation, 'newbies' or vets can get a few ideas for them selves and understand that actually, in EVE you literally can do anything.....

I hope to get some feed back on the communities interest and if it turns out there's a lot of interest.

Then i shall do the following:

1.) Report on my findings, progression, problems, the lot.
2.) Produce detailed fortnightly (Maybe weekly) stories of my time is space, as i know there is a lot of people interested in space stories.
3.) I hope to catch some of this content via online streaming sources, however my internet is terrible and need to look into it.

So please + or - for your interests....

Thank you....

EVE started like this, but the way they "balanced" things, it will be a while before you get out of your starter ship.
Paranoid Loyd
#8 - 2015-06-17 17:53:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Aza Ebanu wrote:
[EVE started like this, but the way they "balanced" things, it will be a while before you get out of your starter ship.
WTF are you talking about? You can literally be out of the starter ship in less than 20 min even under these restrictions.

If you're gonna be such a downer about things at least be realistic.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Ellegos1
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-06-17 17:53:35 UTC
If you lose your sanity, can I have your stuff?

+1 for creativity. Gryffindor wins.

- Lego
Freya Sertan
Doomheim
#10 - 2015-06-17 17:55:43 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Aza Ebanu wrote:
[EVE started like this, but the way they "balanced" things, it will be a while before you get out of your starter ship.
WTF are you talking about? You can literally be out of the starter ship in less than 20 min even under these restrictions.

If you're gonna be such a downer about things at least be realistic.


That's this fella's M.O. these days. Decrying balance while flying failfit battleships in null PVE.

New Eden isn't nice. It isn't friendly. It isn't very hospitiable. Good thing there are people here to shoot in the face.

Want to make New Eden a nice place? Try this out.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#11 - 2015-06-17 18:04:52 UTC
Azraella wrote:
1.) The player can not trade or buy from the market hubs.
2.) Everything must be self made, found, rewarded, sourced from the games environment.
3.) The player can not accept donations of any kind.


Market hubs are part of the game's environment..

..urge to track down character and troll them with donations.

To each their own I guess. Have fun.. but remember that Eve is a game that is meant to be played with other people..

Ellegos1 wrote:
If you lose your sanity, can I have your stuff?


You are new here, so ill let you off with a warning this time. It is widely known that I have what is referred to as 'Perma-dibs' on peoples stuff. In the future, please word it as "Can UaE have your stuff?" in order to cut down on paperwork for us all.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#12 - 2015-06-17 18:14:43 UTC
The issue you will run into is blue prints. It will be very hard to get around finding a bp you cna use to build stuff, as you will be stuck in a rookie ship, so killing npc's for a BPC drop or running missions will be hard.

BP's will be your biggest bottle neck, that and skills. Because you can only get skills form the market. If you an;t buy anything, that will be a problem.

You will have to modify your rules, otherwise you will be stuck

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2015-06-17 18:19:05 UTC
How do you plan on obtaining anything beyond a newbship?
Azraella
Into the Dark
#14 - 2015-06-17 18:35:22 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
The issue you will run into is blue prints. It will be very hard to get around finding a bp you cna use to build stuff, as you will be stuck in a rookie ship, so killing npc's for a BPC drop or running missions will be hard.

BP's will be your biggest bottle neck, that and skills. Because you can only get skills form the market. If you an;t buy anything, that will be a problem.

You will have to modify your rules, otherwise you will be stuck


Very true, maybe edit in, purchase from NPC's only.......could be an option.....



Rowells wrote:
How do you plan on obtaining anything beyond a newbship?


Starter missions offer skill books + frigs. I believe LP from faction warfare can assist in BP + T2 Ships, components.
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2015-06-17 18:42:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiddle Jr
No Hipster!

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#16 - 2015-06-17 18:43:34 UTC
I watched a bit of someone from the CAS NPC corp doing this and streaming it on Twitch. I didn't catch the beginning of it though so I don't know how they got started. But the profession missions still exist right? Easy enough to get some starter ships there. Then run the easy low level drone sites in hisec until you get a chip for an Astero. Boom. Done. You're in one of the best exploration ships in game. GG.
Paranoid Loyd
#17 - 2015-06-17 18:50:49 UTC
Azraella wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
The issue you will run into is blue prints. It will be very hard to get around finding a bp you cna use to build stuff, as you will be stuck in a rookie ship, so killing npc's for a BPC drop or running missions will be hard.

BP's will be your biggest bottle neck, that and skills. Because you can only get skills form the market. If you an;t buy anything, that will be a problem.

You will have to modify your rules, otherwise you will be stuck


Very true, maybe edit in, purchase from NPC's only.......could be an option.....



Rowells wrote:
How do you plan on obtaining anything beyond a newbship?


Starter missions offer skill books + frigs. I believe LP from faction warfare can assist in BP + T2 Ships, components.

As mentioned the social aspect of the game is being ignored as this is a big part of the game this seems wrong to call your project "The EVE experience".

You could also consider modifying your parameters to include, negotiated trades (via contract) with other players to obtain items instead of the only buy from NPC parameter. This will keep it hard mode but will also include social interaction while allowing you to keep your not buy anything from the market parameter.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Alhira Katserna
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#18 - 2015-06-17 19:03:54 UTC
I like the idea although i donĀ“t think i would ever do this.

+1 from me and yes I want to see you progress. Big smile
Aza Ebanu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2015-06-17 19:21:44 UTC
Azraella wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
The issue you will run into is blue prints. It will be very hard to get around finding a bp you cna use to build stuff, as you will be stuck in a rookie ship, so killing npc's for a BPC drop or running missions will be hard.

BP's will be your biggest bottle neck, that and skills. Because you can only get skills form the market. If you an;t buy anything, that will be a problem.

You will have to modify your rules, otherwise you will be stuck


Very true, maybe edit in, purchase from NPC's only.......could be an option.....



Rowells wrote:
How do you plan on obtaining anything beyond a newbship?


Starter missions offer skill books + frigs. I believe LP from faction warfare can assist in BP + T2 Ships, components.

Well if you are adding missions into the mix, you might as well for get it. You'll be playing the game just like everyone else.
Velarra
#20 - 2015-06-17 19:28:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Velarra
I've debated this a few times. All be it with a twist.

Try to do it within a self sufficient Highsec island constellation surrounded by lowsec.

Live entirely off of the land / resources of the constellation so to speak.

Understand there are a few and i'm not talking about Aridia and / or other similar regions. More the tiny constellations that are scattered around eve, a little off the beaten path / less than obvious / hidden in plain sight.

PS. If you really go this route, i'd really like to follow the journal/blog.
123Next pageLast page