These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Requesting the CSM to ask CCP to remove Jump Fatigue

First post First post
Author
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#181 - 2015-05-10 09:58:53 UTC
knobber Jobbler wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
You seem to think that the idea is to stop long range deployment at all. It isn't. Deploy away!

The point is to make it such that a long range deployment is now a significant commitment and involves leaving in-space assets at risk. It is.

Half the problem was that it was possible to move a supercap fleet across the map in literally less time than it takes a freighter to cross 9-2

The other half was that is was possible to move them back just as quickly.
.



Yes, which I agreed with, as stated. Is there something wrong with reading comprehension in this forum or are people deliberately truculent?



Because there's no tangible difference between a "space taxi" and a carrier that's being deployed to support force projection. How on earth is whatever mechanic you'd like to see going to differentiate between the two? A pop-up where you can check a box that says you pinky-swear you're not moving your "space taxi" for any nefarious purposes?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Lakotnik
TSOE Po1ice
TSOE Consortium
#182 - 2015-05-12 09:23:10 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Because there's no tangible difference between a "space taxi" and a carrier that's being deployed to support force projection. How on earth is whatever mechanic you'd like to see going to differentiate between the two? A pop-up where you can check a box that says you pinky-swear you're not moving your "space taxi" for any nefarious purposes?


Naw. A special rig you can apply to your carrier that turns it into a travel carrier with no jump fatigue, but reduces your cargo, fleet and maintenance bays by 100%. Also reduces your drone bay and all defenses by 75%. Ship can't be repackaged or rig destroyed until 3-5 days pass.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#183 - 2015-05-12 21:22:29 UTC
At which point you are better off using a jump clone that uses no fuel and requires no friend/alt to light cynos for you.
Sylphy
TSOE Po1ice
TSOE Consortium
#184 - 2015-05-13 07:24:50 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
At which point you are better off using a jump clone that uses no fuel and requires no friend/alt to light cynos for you.


Exactly. But people are coming up with ideas on how to evade Jump Fatigue with an excuse that "Logistics movements shouldn't be penalized" but "warlike things should".

The character does not represent the views/opinions of its Corporation or Alliance.

Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#185 - 2015-05-14 02:05:16 UTC
Lakotnik wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Because there's no tangible difference between a "space taxi" and a carrier that's being deployed to support force projection. How on earth is whatever mechanic you'd like to see going to differentiate between the two? A pop-up where you can check a box that says you pinky-swear you're not moving your "space taxi" for any nefarious purposes?


Naw. A special rig you can apply to your carrier that turns it into a travel carrier with no jump fatigue, but reduces your cargo, fleet and maintenance bays by 100%. Also reduces your drone bay and all defenses by 75%. Ship can't be repackaged or rig destroyed until 3-5 days pass.


Because not using a ship with no cargo for up to 5 days just because it equipped a rig isn't somehow worse than making a couple of jumps and slowboating the rest of the way.

Right.
Devilish Ledoux
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#186 - 2015-05-15 19:38:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Devilish Ledoux
If the nerves of my brain were laid out in a line, they would stretch approximately 180,000 kilometers. If the word "hate" was written on every single neuron, it would still not equal one one-billionth of the hate I have for jump fatigue.

Hate.

Hate.

HATE.





*apologies to Harlan Ellison
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#187 - 2015-05-15 20:24:35 UTC
Devilish Ledoux wrote:
If the nerves of my brain were laid out in a line, they would stretch approximately 180,000 kilometers. If the word "hate" was written on every single neuron, it would still not equal one one-billionth of the hate I have for jump fatigue.

Hate.

Hate.

HATE.





*apologies to Harlan Ellison


It sustains me.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Elenahina
Embark
Triumvirate.
#188 - 2015-05-16 12:17:05 UTC
All I can say is - you did it to yourselves. The jump fatigue mechanic is a direct response to the common place actions in nullsec - to wit, blueing up half the known universe and then blasting across the galaxy in back like you were going to the corner market, and stagnating the cluster in a way that had never been done before.

You created this monster. Deal with it.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#189 - 2015-05-16 13:01:03 UTC
Devilish Ledoux wrote:
If the nerves of my brain were laid out in a line, they would stretch approximately 180,000 kilometers. If the word "hate" was written on every single neuron, it would still not equal one one-billionth of the hate I have for jump fatigue.

Hate.

Hate.

HATE.





*apologies to Harlan Ellison


You made your bed, now lie in it.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#190 - 2015-05-17 08:40:13 UTC
http://i.imgur.com/Co8JGIV.png

OP SUCCESS

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Ashlar Maidstone
MoonFyre BattleGroup Holdings
#191 - 2015-05-18 11:56:41 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
All I can say is - you did it to yourselves. The jump fatigue mechanic is a direct response to the common place actions in nullsec - to wit, blueing up half the known universe and then blasting across the galaxy in back like you were going to the corner market, and stagnating the cluster in a way that had never been done before.

You created this monster. Deal with it.


I agree, current CSM sold us out and I have 30 days of jump timer to prove it.
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#192 - 2015-05-18 13:06:09 UTC
Ashlar Maidstone wrote:
Elenahina wrote:
All I can say is - you did it to yourselves. The jump fatigue mechanic is a direct response to the common place actions in nullsec - to wit, blueing up half the known universe and then blasting across the galaxy in back like you were going to the corner market, and stagnating the cluster in a way that had never been done before.

You created this monster. Deal with it.


I agree, current CSM sold us out and I have 30 days of jump timer to prove it.


Which you only have yourself to blame for as previously stated. Look I know you guys would love to go back to the days when the only restriction on your movements was how fast you could get a cyno alt to the next target system but you have to face reality, those days are gone for good and there are tons of entities just like you who instead of complaining or proposing 'fixes' which are simply transparent efforts at sidestepping fatigue have simply pulled their socks up and adapted how they do things.

There's tons of ways you can increase mobility without falling victim to fatigue and im just going to share one of them - wormholes. Wormholes are your new best friends so learn about them, track them, map them and dont be afraid to use them.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#193 - 2015-05-19 07:32:28 UTC
Ashlar Maidstone wrote:
Elenahina wrote:
All I can say is - you did it to yourselves. The jump fatigue mechanic is a direct response to the common place actions in nullsec - to wit, blueing up half the known universe and then blasting across the galaxy in back like you were going to the corner market, and stagnating the cluster in a way that had never been done before.

You created this monster. Deal with it.


I agree, current CSM sold us out and I have 30 days of jump timer to prove it.


Actually that was me, not the current CSM.

:smug:

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#194 - 2015-05-19 12:58:36 UTC
Ashlar Maidstone wrote:
Elenahina wrote:
All I can say is - you did it to yourselves. The jump fatigue mechanic is a direct response to the common place actions in nullsec - to wit, blueing up half the known universe and then blasting across the galaxy in back like you were going to the corner market, and stagnating the cluster in a way that had never been done before.

You created this monster. Deal with it.


I agree, current CSM sold us out and I have 30 days of jump timer to prove it.


The only thing that 30 day jump timer proves is that you didn't seriously consider the well publicised and explained consequences of your actions.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

knobber Jobbler
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#195 - 2015-05-20 12:50:01 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
knobber Jobbler wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
You seem to think that the idea is to stop long range deployment at all. It isn't. Deploy away!

The point is to make it such that a long range deployment is now a significant commitment and involves leaving in-space assets at risk. It is.

Half the problem was that it was possible to move a supercap fleet across the map in literally less time than it takes a freighter to cross 9-2

The other half was that is was possible to move them back just as quickly.
.



Yes, which I agreed with, as stated. Is there something wrong with reading comprehension in this forum or are people deliberately truculent?



Because there's no tangible difference between a "space taxi" and a carrier that's being deployed to support force projection. How on earth is whatever mechanic you'd like to see going to differentiate between the two? A pop-up where you can check a box that says you pinky-swear you're not moving your "space taxi" for any nefarious purposes?


Dude, you really need to stop being so flippant, it doesn't really help anyone or anything.

There are ways to deal with this which would be relatively painless, however blanket restrictions on one feature to tackle one problem yet affects many game play mechanics which were never actually much of an issue is bad idea.
Iain Cariaba
#196 - 2015-05-20 18:09:15 UTC
Ashlar Maidstone wrote:
Elenahina wrote:
All I can say is - you did it to yourselves. The jump fatigue mechanic is a direct response to the common place actions in nullsec - to wit, blueing up half the known universe and then blasting across the galaxy in back like you were going to the corner market, and stagnating the cluster in a way that had never been done before.

You created this monster. Deal with it.


I agree, current CSM sold us out and I have 30 days of jump timer to prove it.

Shocked
30 days of space aids?!?!?!?
Shocked
Excuse me, but how the **** do you not realize what you're doing wrong long before you get 30 days of space aids?

If you ended up with the max timer after more than 6 months of living with jump fatigue, the true issue is with the being between the chair and keyboard here, not with the jumo fatigue system.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#197 - 2015-05-20 22:05:57 UTC
test

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#198 - 2015-05-20 23:00:48 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
test


is recruiting?

heh heh

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#199 - 2015-05-21 06:12:26 UTC
I had a big long reply but the forum get 404ing every time I tried to post it. Forums script is I guess telling me not to waste my time trying to reason with people who don't care about reasons.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#200 - 2015-05-21 06:17:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
It's all very well saying that there are "painless ways to deal with this", but all the "painless ways" so far proposed have either reduced down to "pinky swear" solutions or are just straight up "let me move as many ships around as fast as I like but this is a power projection nerf because whargle garble". If you've come up with a way to tesseract the hypersphere, then by all means enlighten and impress me.

Don't take too long about it though, please. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold my breath.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016