These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Wormhole PVE Spreadsheet

Author
Rykki Atruin
Independant Praetorian Corp
#1 - 2015-05-12 03:45:14 UTC
Hiya everyone!


My corp has recently been doing daytrips in J-space and I found that I wasn't quite satisfied with the guides out there. EVE-Survival takes forever and a day to load and each site is loaded on a different page. The E-Uni guides are good but kind of incomplete and I wasn't able to "crunch the numbers" like I wanted.... So I made my own. :)


I know how much all of you like your spreadsheet porn, so here is the published sheet (for use on the in game browser and fast loading): Wormhole PVE


For those of you interested in the original sheet and how it all works, here you go: FULL speadsheet.


I know there are a few issues I still need to fix and if you find any errors please let me know! :)
Winthorp
#2 - 2015-05-12 05:20:15 UTC
+1 i really liked this.

Good to hear you will be working on it further also.
Iyokus Patrouette
Noir.
The Network.
#3 - 2015-05-12 05:51:04 UTC
agreed, all in one neat little package.. it's so cute and cuddly. Good work.

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Aladar Dangerface
Protean Concept
Moss Piglet Preservation Society
#4 - 2015-05-12 06:23:54 UTC
Can we get this stickied? I funk this would answer a lot of questions that are repeatedly ask in this sub.

I don't need twitter. I'm already following you.

Kira Kaliandra
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2015-05-12 07:44:27 UTC
This is great. Good job!

+1 to sticky
HoruSeth
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2015-05-12 09:23:37 UTC  |  Edited by: HoruSeth
nice one!
Only have one point: Best possible Site time.
This is just very confusing, because you'll never get applied 700dps 100% all the time! I would delete it tbh. And in addition there are sites where spawns are random, so are times!

Edit: And for the corresponding Relic/Data Sites where spawning of a Talocan Wreck is possible I would maybe add a note. Quite interesting info.

Edit2: and maybe the dps figure is quite misleading as well, because usually it's not a tactic to immediately trigger everything and even then the total dps is not expressing the reality. A figure like: Max possible DPS might be more useful?!?

On my gravestone will be written: "Died because he used sarcasm in the wrong moment"

Newt BlackCompany
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2015-05-12 10:34:03 UTC
A handy feature of some of the eve-survival variants is the 'max dps per wave' calculation.

Not sure if its in there, but because of your sleeper information page, you might be able to calculate it.

+1 for sticky as well.
Aladar Dangerface
Protean Concept
Moss Piglet Preservation Society
#8 - 2015-05-12 10:45:18 UTC
Newt BlackCompany wrote:
A handy feature of some of the eve-survival variants is the 'max dps per wave' calculation.

Not sure if its in there, but because of your sleeper information page, you might be able to calculate it.

+1 for sticky as well.

DPS per wave is at the top of the DPS column for each wave (in red).

I don't need twitter. I'm already following you.

Miles Parabellum
Core Collapse Inc
#9 - 2015-05-12 13:08:21 UTC
Saw your post on Reddit and shamelessly copied your spreadsheet + bookmarked the published sheet to my IGB.
Great job, thanks :)
Rykki Atruin
Independant Praetorian Corp
#10 - 2015-05-12 14:33:41 UTC
Quote:
nice one!
Only have one point: Best possible Site time.
This is just very confusing, because you'll never get applied 700dps 100% all the time! I would delete it tbh. And in addition there are sites where spawns are random, so are times!

Edit: And for the corresponding Relic/Data Sites where spawning of a Talocan Wreck is possible I would maybe add a note. Quite interesting info.

Edit2: and maybe the dps figure is quite misleading as well, because usually it's not a tactic to immediately trigger everything and even then the total dps is not expressing the reality. A figure like: Max possible DPS might be more useful?!?


Best Possible Site Time is more of a metric to give me a general idea of how long I'll be in a site and not a hard number. I have plans to make a form that allows that number to be changed so you can tweak it. i.e. if you have 700dps and want to estimate site times with 500 applied dps, whatevs... but it's mostly just a guesstimation tool for time spent per site.


For the sites that have a potential additional spawn I've added the spawn in an italicized line with slightly greyed text. I should probably do some kind of exxplanation page or maybe a key.


DPS per wave is listed in the wave header of each wave, total site dps is listed in the sidebar. I run a blitz fleet with logi so we are less worried about triggers and more interested in just blazing through sites as long as we have the reps for max spawn. I thought about tweaking the formula to show max dps minus triggers but haven't gotten that far yet.
Adriana Nolen
Sama Guild
#11 - 2015-05-13 03:13:45 UTC
Nice work telling all the plebs what to expect in a useful format.
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#12 - 2015-05-13 03:41:38 UTC
Aladar Dangerface wrote:
Can we get this stickied? I funk this would answer a lot of questions that are repeatedly ask in this sub.


I can throw this up in the 'what should i kill sleepers with' thread with OP's permission of course
Richard Bong
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2015-05-13 05:09:26 UTC
This is really good, thanks for making it.

[ASK] Me about drive by thread shitting!

Nash MacAllister
Anomalous Existence
Wrong Hole.
#14 - 2015-05-13 15:25:43 UTC
Excellent job, simple and clear. +1

Yes, if you have to ask yourself the question, just assume we are watching you...

Rykki Atruin
Independant Praetorian Corp
#15 - 2015-05-13 17:05:59 UTC
Aquila Sagitta wrote:
Aladar Dangerface wrote:
Can we get this stickied? I funk this would answer a lot of questions that are repeatedly ask in this sub.


I can throw this up in the 'what should i kill sleepers with' thread with OP's permission of course



I'm happy with getting it out to more people. :)
Lendren
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2015-05-15 23:31:33 UTC
Rykki Atruin wrote:
Hiya everyone!


My corp has recently been doing daytrips in J-space and I found that I wasn't quite satisfied with the guides out there. EVE-Survival takes forever and a day to load and each site is loaded on a different page. The E-Uni guides are good but kind of incomplete and I wasn't able to "crunch the numbers" like I wanted.... So I made my own. :)


I know how much all of you like your spreadsheet ****, so here is the published sheet (for use on the in game browser and fast loading): Wormhole PVE


For those of you interested in the original sheet and how it all works, here you go: FULL speadsheet.


I know there are a few issues I still need to fix and if you find any errors please let me know! :)



I love you.

Ilaister
Protean Concept
Moss Piglet Preservation Society
#17 - 2015-05-16 11:20:26 UTC
Nice work OP.
John Wolfsson
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2015-05-16 12:03:46 UTC
fantastic work , thank you for sharing this with community :)
StupidMonkeyBeSpankinIt
Illicit Expo
#19 - 2015-05-17 16:10:18 UTC
very nice indeed... thanks for sharing. I will use this for sure.
Rykki Atruin
Independant Praetorian Corp
#20 - 2015-05-17 18:22:43 UTC
Lendren wrote:



I love you.




/me blushes


Honestly, thanks for all the wonderful positive feedback. I really didn't expect this to get so much attention! I've made some minor updates of the weekend and I suspect it will be at least until next weekend until it's "finished" and I start working on a new project. :)
12Next page