These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

PLEX prices getting too high

First post
Author
Asaka Issier
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-05-10 20:31:39 UTC
It it just me or have plexes been jumping several million each day? A month or so ago they were about 750mil. Will there be a cap limit on how high they can go before they get to be stupidly expensive where only players with ample time to produce the isk for them can buy them?
Leoric Firesword
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2015-05-10 20:34:14 UTC
I've bought them as high as 850mil before, and when I started almost 2 years ago now they were 540mil. The ceiling is whatever the economy will accept.
Ajunta Pal
Sith Wannabies Annonymous
#3 - 2015-05-10 20:35:21 UTC
The PLEX sales seem to be CCPs way of countering the inflation, to a limited extent. CCP would have to perform market manipulation if they want to control the upper limit.

Keep in mind, most people can work in RL for 3-4 hours if they want a plex - where it takes 4-16 hours in game
Asaka Issier
Doomheim
#4 - 2015-05-10 20:36:23 UTC
Leoric Firesword wrote:
I've bought them as high as 850mil before, and when I started almost 2 years ago now they were 540mil. The ceiling is whatever the economy will accept.


Too bad most of the economy would eat a plate of crap if someone told them it tastes like chicken. Seems to be the major problem of the world today people lack common sense.
Kashadin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-05-10 20:36:58 UTC
No where near as bad as the chinese server from what I understand.

But, PLEX prices like everything else in the game in depended on the players. At the end of the day prices will go up as long as the supply/demand allows it to (and players decide to buy the PLEX instead of spend $15, or regional equivalent)


Once the prices reach a certain point you will see people with stockpiles of them start selling to make a high profit and the price will start to go down.

Or you can spend $15 (or regional equivalent) and not have to worry about making the ISK and can use it to buy a new shiny ship every month. Hell, a few month of that could get you set up with the ways to make the income needed to buy PLEX at the new prices.
Stacy Lone
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-05-10 20:45:08 UTC
PLEX prices have already been at >1B in November 2014. We are still way below hat.

As everything in the game, PLEX prices are determined by the players. So maybe PLEx are getting to expensive for *you*, but that doesn't mean they do for the majority of players who use PLEX.

On the other hand, if you have a decent job and want to fund your pew-pew without having to grind ISk, you can do more pew-pew per PLEX when prices go up. So what is bad for one player is good for the other.

So yeah, as long as enough players are willing to pay such prices for PLEX, the prices will stay that way or rise.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#7 - 2015-05-10 20:48:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
The didn't reach 1b in November. They didn't even break 900 as a stable price, they spiked because of some manipulation at the time.

CCP will intervene only to stop incredibly rapid rises and falls, not to cap the price. There's no such thing as PLEX price being "too high". Too high for you (like Stacy said above), maybe, but not too high in general. The solution is to not buy them if they are too high for you.

Oh, and as a general rule, PLEX prices rise. Get used to it P

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Ajunta Pal
Sith Wannabies Annonymous
#8 - 2015-05-10 20:56:25 UTC
anyone else remember when plex/etc were 150m for 30days? i do, it was a golden age
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#9 - 2015-05-10 21:24:22 UTC
Oh... this topic again.

Is it that time of year?
Xavier Holtzman
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#10 - 2015-05-10 21:52:08 UTC
Asaka Issier wrote:
It it just me or have plexes been jumping several million each day? A month or so ago they were about 750mil. Will there be a cap limit on how high they can go before they get to be stupidly expensive where only players with ample time to produce the isk for them can buy them?


What do you think the price should be?

I do not like the men on this spaceship. They are uncouth and fail to appreciate my better qualities. I have something of value to contribute to this mission if only they would realize it. - Bill Frug

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#11 - 2015-05-10 22:01:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Lucas Kell wrote:
The didn't reach 1b in November.

1.015 Billion if I remember correctly. Only for a few days, but PLEX was selling above the billion mark. I sold several of my stock at that price.
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2015-05-10 22:07:44 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Oh... this topic again.

Is it that time of year?
lol, it's been a while, months even.

GD is dying. :(

OP, if you want serious info, there's a thread in Market Discussions.

If you prefer general nonsense, you've posted in the right place!

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#13 - 2015-05-10 22:12:19 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
The didn't reach 1b in November.

1.015 Billion if I remember correctly. Only for a few days, but PLEX was selling above the billion mark. I sold several of my stock at that price.
Well I never saw any selling that high and the CREST market history doesn't reflect that, with the highest sale in CREST showing as 960m. Either way if you look at the average prices you'll see it suddenly spiked prior to the multiplexing announcement to over 900m, then dropped back down as speculation hit following the thread. It was an artificial spike rather than the price actually being that high naturally.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

d0cTeR9
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2015-05-10 22:26:12 UTC
Ajunta Pal wrote:
anyone else remember when plex/etc were 150m for 30days? i do, it was a golden age


I remenber a long time ago selling 30 day GTC's for 130-150 mil each.

Been around since the beginning.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#15 - 2015-05-10 22:34:23 UTC
I paid 290m for a 90d gtc, miss that

as for PLEX prices demand is shooting up thanks to SKINS and PLEX for good, I expect prices to stabilize sometime soon™

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#16 - 2015-05-10 22:34:58 UTC
The price of PLEX is TOO DAMN HIGH. I question what the federal CSM is doing with our hard-earned space bux if they can't keep the PLEX at a reasonable level.

Pod fluid can't melt steel beams. :tinfoil:

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Sweet Adamas
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-05-10 22:36:19 UTC
I used to pay 315 million for a plex. Sweet times
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#18 - 2015-05-10 22:44:12 UTC
Lykouleon wrote:
The price of PLEX is TOO DAMN HIGH. I question what the federal CSM is doing with our hard-earned space bux if they can't keep the PLEX at a reasonable level.

Pod fluid can't melt steel beams. :tinfoil:


AUDIT THE CSM!

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#19 - 2015-05-10 23:00:39 UTC
Lykouleon wrote:
The price of PLEX is TOO DAMN HIGH. I question what the federal CSM is doing with our hard-earned space bux if they can't keep the PLEX at a reasonable level.

Pod fluid can't melt steel beams. :tinfoil:


I'm supposed to be getting your hard earned space bux?!

Why didn't anyone tell me?!

Where's my cut?!

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#20 - 2015-05-10 23:11:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Lucas Kell wrote:
Well I never saw any selling that high and the CREST market history doesn't reflect that, with the highest sale in CREST showing as 960m. Either way if you look at the average prices you'll see it suddenly spiked prior to the multiplexing announcement to over 900m, then dropped back down as speculation hit following the thread. It was an artificial spike rather than the price actually being that high naturally.


Check around the end of the month. There were a lot of threads at the time too. This one for example when PLEX first broke the billion. It wasn't there for long:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=386617

I don't have any particular comment on the cause. Just that PLEX definitely hit the billion mark and I hope it does again.
123Next pageLast page