These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

How to stop bumping or hyperdunking of a freighter?

First post
Author
Mendak
Lambent Enterprises
#21 - 2015-05-04 18:52:47 UTC
Freya Sertan wrote:
000Hunter000 wrote:
Hm... I thought bumping someone over and over and over, thus preventing them from docking/jumping/going places was actually considered griefing and petitionable? Did that change or am i just wrong?

Now i know eve isn't a fair place, but this just seems wrong, cuz if this is true u can keep doing it without any consequences.


You're wrong. Because as mentioned above, there are plenty of ways out of a bump.


I truly believe this is a myth, as I have tried many different options, and with a good bumper, it is basically impossible. I think anyone who claims you can get out of being bumped simply has never actually tried it and is working from conjecture.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#22 - 2015-05-04 18:57:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
000Hunter000 wrote:
Hm... I thought bumping someone over and over and over, thus preventing them from docking/jumping/going places was actually considered griefing and petitionable? Did that change or am i just wrong?
It's decided on a case by case basis as detailed in the sticky in the C&P forum.

GM Karidor wrote:
CCP considers the act of bumping a normal game mechanic, and does not class the bumping of another player’s ship as an exploit. However, persistent targeting of a player with bumping by following them around after they have made an effort to move on to another location can be classified as harassment, and this will be judged on a case by case basis.
Further clarification comes in the following quote.

GM Karidor wrote:
While it will involve inconvenience, we will have to see that one actively tried evasion before we consider someone being followed around and harassed. Merely changing belts in the same system or moving a few thousand meters to another asteroid would not qualify in this regard. Ideally you would move to other systems and more than just one or two jumps to avoid being found again quickly, requiring some effort to locate you again (i.e. through locator agents).


Mendak wrote:
I truly believe this is a myth, as I have tried many different options, and with a good bumper, it is basically impossible. I think anyone who claims you can get out of being bumped simply has never actually tried it and is working from conjecture.
Impossible for you maybe.

Others manage to do it just fine.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Black Pedro
Mine.
#23 - 2015-05-04 19:11:09 UTC
Mendak wrote:
I truly believe this is a myth, as I have tried many different options, and with a good bumper, it is basically impossible. I think anyone who claims you can get out of being bumped simply has never actually tried it and is working from conjecture.

You are now crossing over the line from asking for information into the butthurt zone. Bumping can be escaped, and more importantly can be avoided completely. As the wise Jonah said just because you have yet to master it, does not mean it cannot be done.

Capital and super-capital pilots have had to deal with bumping as a mechanic for over a decade. Bumping is an emergent risk to capital ships and one you need to account for if you are going to fly such a vulnerable ship. You are not entitled to a magic button to get you out of PvP engagement just because you don't want it.

If you have further comments, concerns, or whining about bumping as a mechanic, you probably should direct it to the appropriate thread Jonah referenced above. If you would like further information on how to mitigate the risk or remedy the situation of being bumped, please ask some specific questions here as many people seem willing to help you.
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#24 - 2015-05-04 19:33:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Otso Bakarti
You can sit in an eternal loop with measure/countermeasure staring at the gate for hours with nothing changing, and think how clever the CCP developers must be to have invented such a dynamic gaming experience. While you do that, the ones "attacking" can sit and watch your freighter while spamming F1 and think that's the most fun they've had (standing up) since they last watched a Game of Thrones Marathon.

As for me, I have a team of scientists busily at work developing an internationally deployable ego popper.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#25 - 2015-05-04 19:35:26 UTC
Otso Bakarti wrote:
As for me, I have a team of scientists busily at work developing an internationally deployable ego popper.
That would be somewhat self defeating...

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#26 - 2015-05-04 20:29:08 UTC
This is what you do.

Get some buddies together and have them run the route you intend to take your freighter on a few systems in front. Any time they see a Mach, they gank it. If you have no friends, hire some mercs to do it for you. They may even do it cheap since they'll be having a hoot reading all the bumper tears and rage in local.

You have a perfect opportunity here to explode a bunch of faction battleships. How can that not be fun?

Mr Epeen Cool
Musashi IV
Off-World Mining
#27 - 2015-05-04 20:43:22 UTC
I hired some mercs to jump the sob's
Burl en Daire
M.O.M.S. Corp
#28 - 2015-05-04 21:00:29 UTC
Freighters should be able to use the Micro Jump Drive. If you get in a bad spot fire it off and then go from there, it would give freighter pilots a tool to fight but because of the long cool down the bumper would still have the chance to start bumping again.

Other than webs and bookmarks I don't think there is much that can be done. If you had an alt you might could bump the bumper.

Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. Hunter S. Thompson

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#29 - 2015-05-04 21:21:10 UTC
Thread locked.

The Rules:
17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss.
If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost.
Please keep discussion regarding a topic to a single thread.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Previous page12