These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Any skin on any ship - bug on SiSi - yes we could have skins on ships

First post First post First post
Author
CCP Falcon
#21 - 2015-05-01 16:18:46 UTC
Here's a response from us regarding this bug! Smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#22 - 2015-05-01 16:22:20 UTC
My hero! Big smile

There just isn't anything that can be said!

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#23 - 2015-05-01 16:23:26 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Oh all right, nvm.

Thread reopened.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Ravcharas
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#24 - 2015-05-01 16:42:18 UTC
Otso Bakarti wrote:
Why? (Let that soak in for a minute, OP.)

WELCOME TO A FOR-PROFIT VENTURE!


You are a child of free-market capitalism. You shouldn't need these things explained to you. Unless, perhaps there was a mental lapse...REDDIT? Okay...just watch it in the future. It's dog eat dog out there.

He isn't taking issue with CCP wanting to make money, he's taking issue with the way they are choosing to go about it.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#25 - 2015-05-01 16:51:03 UTC
Mister Ripley wrote:
Incarna was a problem because they focused almost all thier resources on the four ****** rooms and useless avatars.
Incarna had a hell of a lot more than just that in it. The whole monument shooting thing was a massive overreaction by overly entitled players who felt they didn't like the direction EVE was going and had the right to dictate policy though virtual terrorism. Personally I'd have told the lot of you to sod off. The vast majority of people who scream, cry, then threaten to quit would never actually quit anyway.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Damen Apol
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2015-05-01 17:26:01 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Mister Ripley wrote:
Incarna was a problem because they focused almost all thier resources on the four ****** rooms and useless avatars.
Incarna had a hell of a lot more than just that in it. The whole monument shooting thing was a massive overreaction by overly entitled players who felt they didn't like the direction EVE was going and had the right to dictate policy though virtual terrorism. Personally I'd have told the lot of you to sod off. The vast majority of people who scream, cry, then threaten to quit would never actually quit anyway.


Telling customers to "sod off" a sound business plan if I've ever heard one.
Ma'Baker McCandless
The McCandless Clan
Auric Transition
#27 - 2015-05-01 17:31:38 UTC
Damen Apol wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Mister Ripley wrote:
Incarna was a problem because they focused almost all thier resources on the four ****** rooms and useless avatars.
Incarna had a hell of a lot more than just that in it. The whole monument shooting thing was a massive overreaction by overly entitled players who felt they didn't like the direction EVE was going and had the right to dictate policy though virtual terrorism. Personally I'd have told the lot of you to sod off. The vast majority of people who scream, cry, then threaten to quit would never actually quit anyway.


Telling customers to "sod off" a sound business plan if I've ever heard one.


Routinely works for Blizzard
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#28 - 2015-05-01 17:38:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia

The solution to this problem is to fix the performance issues incurred, nothing else.

You accidentally made something spectacularly awesome. Don't muck it up by “fixing” it the wrong way, and don't even begin to use something as pathetically pointless and in every way utterly irrelevant as “lore” as an argument in favour of screwing up what you've created. What you created might not have been what you intended. This is, if anything, even more irrelevant.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#29 - 2015-05-01 17:42:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Lucas Kell wrote:
Mister Ripley wrote:
Incarna was a problem because they focused almost all thier resources on the four ****** rooms and useless avatars.
Incarna had a hell of a lot more than just that in it. The whole monument shooting thing was a massive overreaction by overly entitled players who felt they didn't like the direction EVE was going and had the right to dictate policy though virtual terrorism.
You're partially correct, and yet massively wrong at the same time.

Yes the monument shooting was a protest against the direction that people thought CCP was taking. No it wasn't a massive overreaction by overly entitled players, CCPs initial, and official, reaction to player concerns basically flipped us off and told us to foxtrot oscar. The reaction by players was both appropriate and understandable.

Quote:
Personally I'd have told the lot of you to sod off.
And you'd be out of business very rapidly, when you produce a niche game you can't afford to tell your limited customer base to sod off. In fact very few companies at all can afford to do that.

Quote:
The vast majority of people who scream, cry, then threaten to quit would never actually quit anyway.
So the estimated 10% subscription losses are a figment of the imagination? Anecdotally I know of people that unsubbed and haven't returned, and of others that unsubbed multiple alt accounts and now only run with one.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Allairis
Special Mining Ops Inc.
#30 - 2015-05-01 17:59:09 UTC
OP on alt

What I am asking is - if you buy a SKIN for ship it should be for T1 and T2 ships.

This goes for Inty / HAC/ Command - etc.

If you buy a skin for T1 hull it should be avalible on T2 hulls as well.

If a shin works on Megathron why would it cause perfromance issues on Kronos ?


It is my opinion we got T1 skins now and in near future we will get T2 skins as separate item.

Basically we will pay more then once for same commodity.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#31 - 2015-05-01 18:11:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Akirei Scytale


TL;DR "we hate it when you enjoy yourselves, but we won't ban you"

How about you guys just, I dunno, disable the (apparently known) performance issue combinations? And if they aren't all known, that isn't difficult to test for.
Ma'Baker McCandless
The McCandless Clan
Auric Transition
#32 - 2015-05-01 18:16:17 UTC
Uh

Not all T1 and T2 hulls of the same ship class are identical.

In fact, most if not all, arent.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#33 - 2015-05-01 18:24:09 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Yes the monument shooting was a protest against the direction that people thought CCP was taking. No it wasn't a massive overreaction by overly entitled players, CCPs initial, and official, reaction to player concerns basically flipped us off and told us to foxtrot oscar. The reaction by players was both appropriate and understandable.
That's a matter of opinion. As far as I saw it, CCP were exploring revenue generation and looking at new ways to expand the game. While I didn't necessarily agree with some of what they did, I'd not flip out as if they'd just announced a baby-murdering venture. In my opinion the reaction of the community was disgusting, and CCP folding to pressure was the start of the downhill slope to where we are now where decisions and large issues are made based on how much screaming the community does.

Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
And you'd be out of business very rapidly, when you produce a niche game you can't afford to tell your limited customer base to sod off. In fact very few companies at all can afford to do that.
I doubt it. Like I say, I doubt very many people would have actually quit. People complain all the time and say how they're quitting, and yet here they still are. I think if they'd had more spine they wouldn't be in as bad a position as they are now.

Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
So the estimated 10% subscription losses are a figment of the imagination? Anecdotally I know of people that unsubbed and haven't returned, and of others that unsubbed multiple alt accounts and now only run with one.
Some people would (and have) unsubbed regardless of the outcome. Most people who protest unsubbed though would have been back. This is their crack.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Allairis
Special Mining Ops Inc.
#34 - 2015-05-01 18:36:30 UTC
Ma'Baker McCandless wrote:
Uh

Not all T1 and T2 hulls of the same ship class are identical.

In fact, most if not all, arent.


Identical - no.

Extremely simular - yes.

Much like twins.

There are differences, but you have to look for them.
Ma'Baker McCandless
The McCandless Clan
Auric Transition
#35 - 2015-05-01 18:37:49 UTC
Allairis wrote:
Ma'Baker McCandless wrote:
Uh

Not all T1 and T2 hulls of the same ship class are identical.

In fact, most if not all, arent.


Identical - no.

Extremely simular - yes.

Much like twins.

There are differences, but you have to look for them.


Looking is how I tend to see things, yes

Also *similar
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#36 - 2015-05-01 18:38:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Lucas Kell wrote:
That's a matter of opinion. As far as I saw it, CCP were exploring revenue generation and looking at new ways to expand the game.
Indeed it is, I'm fine with CCP exploring revenue generation and looking at ways to expand the game, what I wasn't fine with was their initial dismissive $1000 pants reaction to player concerns, especially when not long before they had categorically stated that microtransactions was not a route they would be taking; what broke the camels back was that their dismissal was closely followed by the, admittedly hypothetical, "greed is good" study leak. It made them look to be bare faced liars and they could definitely have handled the matter a lot better.

Quote:
While I didn't necessarily agree with some of what they did, I'd not flip out as if they'd just announced a baby-murdering venture. In my opinion the reaction of the community was disgusting, and CCP folding to pressure was the start of the downhill slope to where we are now where decisions and large issues are made based on how much screaming the community does.
I disagree, I feel that CCP learnt a lot from Incarna. The development cycle and reiteration on previously broken or just plain whack mechanics has improved the game no end.

Quote:
I doubt it. Like I say, I doubt very many people would have actually quit. People complain all the time and say how they're quitting, and yet here they still are. I think if they'd had more spine they wouldn't be in as bad a position as they are now.
Some people may not have quit, but enough people did downsize their accounts that it resulted in a loss of revenue for CCP. Incarna is what happens when you let marketing dictate development.

Quote:
Some people would (and have) unsubbed regardless of the outcome. Most people who protest unsubbed though would have been back. This is their crack.
Agreed, some people did unsub, I also agree that Eve is literally gaming crack and that some have indeed returned; that said, some people did not.

On topic, check out my blingy Raven

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Kerena Alabel
Pyke Syndicate
Solyaris Chtonium
#37 - 2015-05-01 18:39:25 UTC
Question for devs. If we use the bug to make some pretty ships that we leave docked and only use for station spinning what are the chances of some kind of load issue? I have a gold astero im going to leave right where it is because its too damn pretty to fly.
Memphis Baas
#38 - 2015-05-01 18:44:59 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Personally I'd have told the lot of you to sod off. The vast majority of people who scream, cry, then threaten to quit would never actually quit anyway.


Right, because if you take the 18% subscription decrease, calculate that out of the 500,000 peak they had, and then compare the 90,000 result to the number of forum complaints (200-page thread, 20 posts per page, all complaints = 4,000), the numbers certainly support your theory that people don't actually quit anyway.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#39 - 2015-05-01 18:49:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
Allairis wrote:


If a shin works on Megathron why would it cause perfromance issues on Kronos ?


Any number of reasons.

Here's what I will find ironic. The whiners saying to just let it in with no testing are likely to be the same ones threatening to unsub when these untested skins start crashing their game.

Entitlement. It's a joy to watch in action.

Mr Epeen Cool
Teinyhr
Ourumur
#40 - 2015-05-01 18:50:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Teinyhr
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
So the estimated 10% subscription losses are a figment of the imagination? Anecdotally I know of people that unsubbed and haven't returned, and of others that unsubbed multiple alt accounts and now only run with one.


I'm not sure what started this myth? Is this someones original research through average players logged in or something or did anyone credible from CCP actually give this figure, ever?

I mean if you look at EVE Offline you can see a lot of people supposedly "quit" after the release of Crucible, and even bigger drops have been experienced later and that EVE is in fact at an all time low in concurrent users since 2009 - have the recent patches been so terrible? IMO the PCU is a terrible metric on gouging the popularity of expansions, if that is indeed where this "10% of subs lost" myth originated from. There are a ton of factors that can affect it starting from nullsec wars and the alt armies they bring to bear.