These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

EVE 13.04 Features Now On Singularity

First post
Author
Lee Janssen
Zero Fun Allowed
#41 - 2015-04-13 23:16:34 UTC
So, is the current inability to rapidly activate modules with mouse just a very persistant bug on the recent patches, or is it a "feature"?
Romana Erebus
The Dikembe Mutombo Shotblocking Team
#42 - 2015-04-15 18:21:53 UTC
Its a feature to deter isboxers ad alt spammers.
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#43 - 2015-04-18 16:58:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
Sansha control towers use the gallente model instead of the amarr model they should have.

Also, 9 days before the release is out, time to find a name!

Edit: The POS anchoring animation is still in the wrong direction. It should start at the center and go outward. Nobody builds the other way around Shocked

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#44 - 2015-04-18 21:46:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
Altrue wrote:
Sansha control towers use the gallente model instead of the amarr model they should have.

Also, 9 days before the release is out, time to find a name!

Edit: The POS anchoring animation is still in the wrong direction. It should start at the center and go outward. Nobody builds the other way around Shocked


CCP builds. Also this was build that way.
Gunhaver Too
Pistols for Pandas
#45 - 2015-04-18 23:50:06 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:


CCP builds. Also this was build that way.

Yes, because we have the hover tech to be able to start the bridge in the center then work towards the ends where it touches the ground.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#46 - 2015-04-19 07:56:38 UTC
Altrue wrote:
Edit: The POS anchoring animation is still in the wrong direction. It should start at the center and go outward. Nobody builds the other way around Shocked
See it this way: All the particles required to represent the tower, as well as the other structures, are within the "small" box that gets launched. To assemble the structure during the anchoring process, it is important that the stream of particles is not blocked by parts of that structure that are already in place. Therefore the anchoring starts at the outer limits of the structure.

NPEISDRIP

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#47 - 2015-04-20 11:39:34 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
Altrue wrote:
Edit: The POS anchoring animation is still in the wrong direction. It should start at the center and go outward. Nobody builds the other way around Shocked
See it this way: All the particles required to represent the tower, as well as the other structures, are within the "small" box that gets launched. To assemble the structure during the anchoring process, it is important that the stream of particles is not blocked by parts of that structure that are already in place. Therefore the anchoring starts at the outer limits of the structure.


I like that!

About the bridge... its a bridge, that's why.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#48 - 2015-04-21 11:52:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
Altrue wrote:
Darkblad wrote:
Altrue wrote:
Edit: The POS anchoring animation is still in the wrong direction. It should start at the center and go outward. Nobody builds the other way around Shocked
See it this way: All the particles required to represent the tower, as well as the other structures, are within the "small" box that gets launched. To assemble the structure during the anchoring process, it is important that the stream of particles is not blocked by parts of that structure that are already in place. Therefore the anchoring starts at the outer limits of the structure.


I like that!

About the bridge... its a bridge, that's why.


Any construction can be build starting from many places and then meet in the centre if you are good with measuring tools. Lasers are the ultimate measuring tools, add nanomachines and you can build what your heart desires in vacuum of the space.
Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#49 - 2015-04-21 15:57:35 UTC
Altrue wrote:
Darkblad wrote:
Altrue wrote:
Edit: The POS anchoring animation is still in the wrong direction. It should start at the center and go outward. Nobody builds the other way around Shocked
See it this way: All the particles required to represent the tower, as well as the other structures, are within the "small" box that gets launched. To assemble the structure during the anchoring process, it is important that the stream of particles is not blocked by parts of that structure that are already in place. Therefore the anchoring starts at the outer limits of the structure.


I like that!

About the bridge... its a bridge, that's why.


And yet it is a valid counter example to your Nobody builds that way comment.
In fact, no one starts in the middle and builds outwards - buildings start at the bottom and work their way up. Bridges just have two bottoms, as it were, so it's more efficient to start at both ends and work towards the center.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#50 - 2015-04-21 16:15:42 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
In fact, no one starts in the middle and builds outwards - buildings start at the bottom and work their way up.


Except when they don't. Some buildings start from the top floor and go down, with the whole thing on stilts until it's done. With cob houses, you make the roof first and raise it into position, then build up the walls underneath it.

The only right way to build a structure is the way that results in a completed structure. There are lots of possible approaches.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Previous page123