These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Which ship do you believe is the most ISK efficient in a large gang

Author
Saladinae
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2015-04-10 02:21:31 UTC
For the purpose of this thread, the term "large gang" in the title is defined as between 18-25 ships.

My vote: Tier 1 griffon with all four racial jams (best named). Jams out to 75km with projector rigs and still costs less than 1 million ISK and moves at 1.2km/s with tech 1 afterburner. This sub-1million ISK ship can remove several expensive ships from the fight for a long time (with overheated AB this ship is very hard to kill, especially if its 60-90km away. If drones come at you , warp off to nearest planet and warp back.

Winmatar > Everything else

Zsha
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#2 - 2015-04-10 11:26:41 UTC
IMHO I think the Nomad because it can cloak, act as a good distraction from other vessels and has a large capacitor to self rep when taking damage. Also it being cyno-able by wormhole clicking, gives this ship the best isk/combat engagement track.

Just my 2-cents
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2015-04-10 12:47:43 UTC
Saladinae wrote:
For the purpose of this thread, the term "large gang" in the title is defined as between 18-25 ships.

My vote: Tier 1 griffon with all four racial jams (best named). Jams out to 75km with projector rigs and still costs less than 1 million ISK and moves at 1.2km/s with tech 1 afterburner. This sub-1million ISK ship can remove several expensive ships from the fight for a long time (with overheated AB this ship is very hard to kill, especially if its 60-90km away. If drones come at you , warp off to nearest planet and warp back.


Why you asking if you already found your hero.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Doji Okakura
#4 - 2015-04-10 16:37:34 UTC
Ibis
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-04-10 18:39:24 UTC
Depends on the size of ships you're trying to jam but yeah they really do ruin cruisers and below
Aluka 7th
#6 - 2015-04-10 18:41:31 UTC
Isk efficient in what way?
Because free noob ship has infinte ISK efficiency.
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-04-10 19:13:15 UTC
There's too many factors that go into this.

1. Null or lo-sec? because gang composition and goals are going to differ here.
2. Roam, gate-camp or specific target... because, again, composition is going to differ.
3. Task in the gang? Because a gang of that size will likely have dedicated/assigned tackle, punchers, logi, EWAR, etc... And there are a few choices that would beISK-efficient in all those roles.
4. Is there a doctrine? Because if its just a hodge-podge of whatever shows up, then there literally dozens of efficient choices. If there's a specific philosophy in mind, then the choices are more limited.

For EWAR... I agree, the Griffon is the best bang for the buck - though you claim that you build one at sub-1M ISK would mean almost nothing is T2. A T2 1MN AB is more than a million by itself unless your manufacturing them yourself.

For me, a T1 drone cruiser or brawler frigate ends up being uber-efficient in terms of ISK-invested vs. ROI (in terms of value killed). Both of those ships can be cheaply fit with named/T2 mods for relatively little. But, again, there's a lot of factors that go into answering your question.
Daerrol
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2015-04-11 18:32:28 UTC
Maulus, it's like a griffon but it's E-war less stupidly designed and more fun, imo, for all pilots involved.

*Note I don't take a 15vs1, where the 1 is jammed so hard it can't lock anyways, to be fun.
Blodhgarm Dethahal
Moist Towelettes.
#9 - 2015-04-16 21:55:46 UTC
Zsha wrote:
IMHO I think the Nomad because it can cloak, act as a good distraction from other vessels and has a large capacitor to self rep when taking damage. Also it being cyno-able by wormhole clicking, gives this ship the best isk/combat engagement track.

Just my 2-cents


If you are going to troll at least be somewhat believable.



As for my thoughts of the most cost efficient ship? T3 Link ships.. hands down.. Interdiction Nullified and align in less than 5 seconds and can cloak and boost your fleet to insane heights and let you take on a lot bigger groups than you.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#10 - 2015-04-17 15:09:23 UTC
Doji Okakura wrote:
Ibis


You just can't beat free, BUT the velator can drop 2 small T2 drones, which w/ skills out damages all other rookie ships by a mile.

Velator!
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#11 - 2015-04-18 06:35:47 UTC
Depends on the pilot.

One of my megathrons worked out as around 500k isk a day (she lived for 285 days)
Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#12 - 2015-04-20 13:14:03 UTC
In gangs of 8-10, I'll put my money on the Tristan.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2015-04-20 13:56:03 UTC
Aluka 7th wrote:
Isk efficient in what way?
Because free noob ship has infinte ISK efficiency.


It's even crazyer than that since you also get a free trit unit. You didn't "pay nothing" for it but recieved something for the effort of taking it.
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#14 - 2015-04-20 15:33:05 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Depends on the pilot.

One of my megathrons worked out as around 500k isk a day (she lived for 285 days)


I'm with Baltec on this.
A ship that consistently survives is the most isk efficient.
Or a ship with the best insurance settlement vs cost.
Big tank BS are built for this.

ECM and Logi gotta be the worst aren't they?
I know if I'm FC, those are my primary targets.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2015-04-20 15:53:37 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Depends on the pilot.

One of my megathrons worked out as around 500k isk a day (she lived for 285 days)


I'm with Baltec on this.
A ship that consistently survives is the most isk efficient.
Or a ship with the best insurance settlement vs cost.
Big tank BS are built for this.

ECM and Logi gotta be the worst aren't they?
I know if I'm FC, those are my primary targets.


How do you account for all the ships the E-WAR and logi ships effectively save from exploding?
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#16 - 2015-04-21 02:30:14 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
RavenPaine wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Depends on the pilot.

One of my megathrons worked out as around 500k isk a day (she lived for 285 days)


I'm with Baltec on this.
A ship that consistently survives is the most isk efficient.
Or a ship with the best insurance settlement vs cost.
Big tank BS are built for this.

ECM and Logi gotta be the worst aren't they?
I know if I'm FC, those are my primary targets.


How do you account for all the ships the E-WAR and logi ships effectively save from exploding?


Great point.
I was sorta thinking of 'personal' isk efficiency, but OP could be talking about corp efficiency or killboard efficiency.
And to be honest I love flying a Falcon and I have turned a lot of fights with them.
I'd like to think at one point I was very good with one, and got so I rairly lost them.
R3velation
#17 - 2015-04-25 06:24:21 UTC
Vexor or Thrasher.
Natalia Abre-Kai
#18 - 2015-04-26 20:46:39 UTC
Obviously friendship.
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#19 - 2015-04-26 21:09:50 UTC
Answer is rail comorant, super cheap and highly effective in a meta fit.

Best ship per isk in game is the celestis though.
Gumpy Bitterhawk
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2015-04-27 17:13:21 UTC
falcon