These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Just Returned - Many Questions

First post
Author
Urgg Boolean
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-04-12 16:03:42 UTC
Hi guys! Just came back after a long hiatus. I see many changes, and I have many questions. Some may not be directly related to this forum, but I'll ask anyway.

tldr; point me at links explaining all the reprocessing and jumping changes.

1) Reprocessing Losses ???
- standing needed to minimize station losses = 6.67 (unchanged)
- new station max = ~72% (which means "the same as 100% before changes")
- all generic and specific skills need to be at 5 to get the ~72% = nerfed : more training to get what we used to have
Is this correct? Are there any new skills that are relevant or --> lvl5 of all the old ones? Please comment.

2) Jump Drives nerfed hard + jump fatigue ???
- What are the skills, if any, to minimize jump fatigue?
- What is the new strategy with jump distances nerfed so hard? I can envision a jump-freighter-bucket-brigade type handoff system, using multiple pilots/jump freighters. Otherwise, jump ... wait ... jump more ... wait more .. ad nauseum.
- I do not understand why some ships NOT capable of jumping have an attirbute of "90% less effect from jump fatigue" - huh, wha? Why would that matter on a non-jump capable ship?

3) My corp members have re-subbed too. We are not set up for mining in low sec, but we are set up for processing and jumping back to hi sec for sales. We already do all the blue print related stuff out in low sec.
- Are there any changes to the strategies for mining in low sec? We are contemplating the mining frigate, but that looks like a very slow way to acquire ores ... or maybe I'm wrong and it is great with the proper strategy. Please comment.

That's enough for now. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
Syx Sevyn
SYNDAX CORPORATION
#2 - 2015-04-12 16:50:09 UTC
I can't wait for these answers! I'm in the same boat/ship as you!
Aerie Evingod
Midwest Miners LLC
#3 - 2015-04-12 17:04:20 UTC
Urgg Boolean wrote:

1) Reprocessing Losses ???
- standing needed to minimize station losses = 6.67 (unchanged)
- new station max = ~72% (which means "the same as 100% before changes")
- all generic and specific skills need to be at 5 to get the ~72% = nerfed : more training to get what we used to have
Is this correct? Are there any new skills that are relevant or --> lvl5 of all the old ones? Please comment.


The new max NPC station yield of ~72% also requires the 4% implant. Only skills that effect ore refining are refining, refining effecincy and ore specific skills. Module and ship reprocessing is only effected by scrap metal reprocessing.

Quote:

2) Jump Drives nerfed hard + jump fatigue ???
- What are the skills, if any, to minimize jump fatigue?
- What is the new strategy with jump distances nerfed so hard? I can envision a jump-freighter-bucket-brigade type handoff system, using multiple pilots/jump freighters. Otherwise, jump ... wait ... jump more ... wait more .. ad nauseum.
- I do not understand why some ships NOT capable of jumping have an attirbute of "90% less effect from jump fatigue" - huh, wha? Why would that matter on a non-jump capable ship?


No skills to minimize jump fatigue, but certain ships, mainly haulers, have a bonus that reduces how quickly/much it accumulates.

Jump fatigue also applies to jump bridges and Titan/blops bridges, hence why some ships without a jump drive have the reduction.

Quote:

3) My corp members have re-subbed too. We are not set up for mining in low sec, but we are set up for processing and jumping back to hi sec for sales. We already do all the blue print related stuff out in low sec.
- Are there any changes to the strategies for mining in low sec? We are contemplating the mining frigate, but that looks like a very slow way to acquire ores ... or maybe I'm wrong and it is great with the proper strategy. Please comment.

That's enough for now. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!


You can reprocess ore better in a POS than an NPC station. Don't ship raw ore or minerals, use an ore compression array.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#4 - 2015-04-12 18:22:05 UTC
To fill in a little more detail:

Stations can have a refine rate of 50% or 30% base. Make sure to avoid the 30% ones Blink

Outposts in Null can have between 50% and 60% depending on upgrades. Yes, that means the fully upgraded Minmatar one gives you 20% more minerals than the others. (10% is a fifth of 50%. So 60% is 20% larger.)

POS in highsec can use the reporocessing array, for a 52% base (4% better). POS elsewhere can use the Intensive reprocessing array, at 54% base (8% better)

POS anywhere can use the compression array to compress ore (ore only. around 20-1 for minerals)

Compression of modules for mineral compression has taken a /massive/ nerf, in the form of only getting a maximum of 55% of the minerals back.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Urgg Boolean
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-04-14 04:21:45 UTC
Thanks for the info guys !!!