These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

New dev larkin from PL! ccp confirmed to be in bed with PL! omg

First post
Author
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-04-03 03:19:00 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD BH Supogo
PL are my mortal and imortal enemies being in Brave. Why do cco keep hiring PL players to become devs? Wtf? I demand reasons and explantions and stuff like that!!

*snip* - Link removed, links CCP Dev to former player account -- ISD Supogo

This is bull. Maybe they should just hire some PL to be on the Internal Affairs team cuz lol may as well be now. Omg
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2015-04-03 03:21:22 UTC
Please stop posting
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#3 - 2015-04-03 03:22:24 UTC
It's ok. They hired a Goon too.

Goons are your friends right?
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-04-03 03:22:47 UTC
Also i have a question. How did Rise and Fozzie become like for all intents and purposes, 2 of the most important/meaningful/what they want or decide or say goes devs???

They were players, then got hired cuz they were nerds and knew everything about game, okay i understand. Got it. Yet how do they then ursurp the current devs and basically take over?

Fozzie was said to know every ship stat ever and was recruited to be head ship balancer.... now hes like in charge of nullsec and basically everything? How did that jump happen?

Rise was elite solo pvper. Now hes expert newbie dude?

Where did the old devs go that were responsible for this? How did 2 up-jumped up players take over the development game???

And 3rd PL player inc. Wonder what hell tske over next?
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#5 - 2015-04-03 03:26:45 UTC
lol

This thread is awesome.

Until it's locked.
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-04-03 03:28:00 UTC
Thats the important part. How did 1 self-described nerd-kneckbeard that knows all ships stats and expert balancer (ill concede that cuz he and ccp admitted it snd hired him for that reason)

How did he come to take over ccp entirely basically? How is he in charge of everything?

Rise expert solo elite pvper ..... how is he incharge of all that he is?


What happned to the devs who had their jobs before ccp up-jumped them and stole them??

Maybe some aweomse forum poster (either me or Unsuccessful should get raised to community manager) feasible... but then like 2 months later we are in charge of industry and umm new icons? I dont know. That how crazy these **** is.
Hairtrigger
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-04-03 03:28:43 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Also i have a question. How did Rise and Fozzie become like for all intents and purposes, 2 of the most important/meaningful/what they want or decide or say goes devs???

They were players, then got hired cuz they were nerds and knew everything about game, okay i understand. Got it. Yet how do they then ursurp the current devs and basically take over?

Fozzie was said to know every ship stat ever and was recruited to be head ship balancer.... now hes like in charge of nullsec and basically everything? How did that jump happen?

Rise was elite solo pvper. Now hes expert newbie dude?

Where did the old devs go that were responsible for this? How did 2 up-jumped up players take over the development game???

And 3rd PL player inc. Wonder what hell tske over next?



and i thought it was just me.

when ccp started hiring players thats when eve started goin right down hill.

Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-04-03 03:32:48 UTC
Hairtrigger wrote:
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Also i have a question. How did Rise and Fozzie become like for all intents and purposes, 2 of the most important/meaningful/what they want or decide or say goes devs???

They were players, then got hired cuz they were nerds and knew everything about game, okay i understand. Got it. Yet how do they then ursurp the current devs and basically take over?

Fozzie was said to know every ship stat ever and was recruited to be head ship balancer.... now hes like in charge of nullsec and basically everything? How did that jump happen?

Rise was elite solo pvper. Now hes expert newbie dude?

Where did the old devs go that were responsible for this? How did 2 up-jumped up players take over the development game???

And 3rd PL player inc. Wonder what hell tske over next?



and i thought it was just me.

when ccp started hiring players thats when eve started goin right down hill.



I mean i said i will conceed that fozzie knows all stats of ships and rise was elite solo pvper so they could benefit ccp snd do good.

Yet how do those 2 qualifications equate to how utterly and totally they have usurped the entire development team??

Um im a good fry cook, i am expert at frying fries. I get hired at McDonald's. Next month im running the local mcdonalds? ? 1 year later im like regional manager??

Any1 see a prob here?
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-04-03 03:36:10 UTC
Its also kind of like a bar hiring local drunks as bartenders cuz they are experts at beer. Sure maybe they can sell some beer and change some kegs. Yet 1 year later they are running the books and making orders and runnings advertising??

Thats whats hsppening here lemmings
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#10 - 2015-04-03 03:37:56 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Because... *gasp* ... conspiracy!!!

Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
They were players, then got hired cuz they were nerds and knew everything about game, okay i understand. Got it. Yet how do they then ursurp the current devs and basically take over?

Because having seniority is no guarantee that some new hire won't surpass you.

Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Fozzie was said to know every ship stat ever and was recruited to be head ship balancer.... now hes like in charge of nullsec and basically everything? How did that jump happen?

Because when you are hired for a job you rarely ever stay within the single focus you were hired to do.

Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Rise was elite solo pvper. Now hes expert newbie dude?

You make it sound like the two are mutually exclusive.

Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Where did the old devs go that were responsible for this? How did 2 up-jumped up players take over the development game???

My opinion?

Leadership, trolling tendencies, big ideas, and perhaps (in the beginning) they are scapegoats.

Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Its also kind of like a bar hiring local drunks as bartenders cuz they are experts at beer. Sure maybe they can sell some beer and change some kegs. Yet 1 year later they are running the books and making orders and runnings advertising??

Because people can't evolve and become better?'

Hell... some of the best booze ads I have ever seen have been made by drunks.

Example:
When i was a youth I started working as a bus boy. What can I say... I loved food. And doing all that dirty work helped me gain access to free lunches or dinners.
Turns out I had a knack for managing unruly employees. So I become a manager with mere month.
When the owner of the restaurant gave me the books... hey... turns out I was good at that too. Better even! I took classes to learn Excel (and use EVE Online as a test bed for some spreadsheets)... within a year of starting as a bus boy the owner was letting me basically run the joint.

Then I got tired and quit. Last i heard... the owner sold the restaurant because he couldn't manage it without me. Cool
Reislier
#11 - 2015-04-03 03:38:49 UTC
I'm not sure I understand...

CCP is buying substandard chicken from Asia?

Be nice. If nice not work, be civil. If civil not work, beat with iron pipe till bloody and still.

Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2015-04-03 03:40:38 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
lol

This thread is awesome.

Until it's locked.



That is when it will reach peak awesome; as the OP will no longer be posting in it.
Cancel Align NOW
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2015-04-03 03:42:58 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD BH Supogo
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
PL are my mortal and imortal enemies being in Brave. Why do cco keep hiring PL players to become devs? Wtf? I demand reasons and explantions and stuff like that!!

*snip* - Link removed, links CCP Dev to former player account -- ISD Supogo

This is bull. Maybe they should just hire some PL to be on the Internal Affairs team cuz lol may as well be now. Omg


Would you rather have devs that understand how to play Eve and have a history in the game, or independent/neutral devs who have never experienced actual game play?

That is the choice CCP have to make.
Vector Symian
0 Fear
#14 - 2015-04-03 03:51:07 UTC
All null must burn and brave must return to highsec to inspire and train the highseccers for the Apocalypse (the Burn Null Event)

PL and co will learn their mistake soon enough

as it was their stomping of brave that gave me the idea for the event

the revolution stirs..
Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#15 - 2015-04-03 03:53:13 UTC
I can't tell if you are 12 or if you are just drunk all the time.

Either way . . . you need to calm down a little.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Chewytowel Haklar
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2015-04-03 03:55:58 UTC
My guess is that by the time they make the trip to Iceland and commit to working for CCP they look at things objectively while on the job. They may love their alliances and friends they play with, but when it comes to making a great game everyone has the duty of looking at everything clearly and objectively and talking about the games strengths and weaknesses.

They more then likely want to keep their jobs so they have to look at the prospect of pulling in new players as well as satisfying current ones. I don't envy them, regardless of wherever the hell them come from. May the force be with them.
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#17 - 2015-04-03 04:19:05 UTC
CCP Mimic in charge of all things related to PVP.

CCP Hilmar in charge of NPE.

CCP Rise and Fozzie take over art department.

That should fix it. What?
Yazzinra
Scorpion Ventures
#18 - 2015-04-03 04:27:30 UTC
I really need to get stock in tinfoil.

Also, obligatory IBTL.
Niobe Song
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2015-04-03 04:51:05 UTC
I will pay CCP 50 jazillion dollars to ban OP from the forums.
Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#20 - 2015-04-03 05:01:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Archibald Thistlewaite III
ShahFluffers wrote:


Example:
When i was a youth I started working as a bus boy. What can I say... I loved food. And doing all that dirty work helped me gain access to free lunches or dinners.
Turns out I had a knack for managing unruly employees. So I become a manager with mere month.
When the owner of the restaurant gave me the books... hey... turns out I was good at that too. Better even! I took classes to learn Excel (and use EVE Online as a test bed for some spreadsheets)... within a year of starting as a bus boy the owner was letting me basically run the joint.

Then I got tired and quit. Last i heard... the owner sold the restaurant because he couldn't manage it without me. Cool


What's a bus boy?

Never mind, its the same as a pot washer.

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

12Next page