These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Can CCP develop a new function for us?

First post
Author
AMARR CITIZEN 12100203
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2015-03-30 15:31:57 UTC
i need a timer function :


when i change my game window to another ,maybe another game or tv ,then i easily forget the time ,when my ship if miner enough sources or not . i should see it every 10 mins or so .

so if is there a notice function for us .when i set a timer like 10 mins ,then if the software find it in backgroud ,then it auotmaic switch to the foregroud to customer.

i think it will be useful for us.

Do you think so?

SmileSmile
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#2 - 2015-03-30 15:36:11 UTC
Or you stop all this shiptoasting
Kallen Kozukie
Channel Six News
#3 - 2015-03-30 15:36:48 UTC
This will end well.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#4 - 2015-03-30 15:44:53 UTC
*grabs phone... sets a 10 min timer... looks at something else.. hits start... timer goes off... checks eve*

There, no dev time wasted.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-03-30 15:49:04 UTC
With this and his other drone thread, p-sure dude is trying to bait people into ganking him i think. Like some trap. Yet seems OP is too stupid to properly set said trap.
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-03-30 15:51:14 UTC
Hmm judging by his lossboard maybe not lol. Just a new old WoW dude i guess
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2015-03-30 15:57:24 UTC
If only mining were amazingly predictable.....
Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#8 - 2015-03-30 16:00:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Pok Nibin
I never check the kill board on people who post here. An active forum is the sign of a healthy community. This, of course, has nothing to do with mental health. That is another issue for another venue. Although, it may be possible to detect certain mental illnesses or deficiencies through reading posts here, it's doubtful an accurate diagnosis could be made.

That being said; losing track of time while you're doing two things at once...hmmm...and requesting a digital solution to be crafted by highly paid computer techs, rather than adopting a personal solution through modifying ones own behavior. Is there a word for this? *wracks his brain*

Oh yes! ENTITLED! He's ENTITLED to have someone else (or in this case a TEAM of someone ELSES) to remove themselves from their existing schedule of work and devote themselves to creating for the OP a digital bib so he doesn't drool pixels down the front of his virtual SHIRT. (I'm beginning to believe I excel at this sort of ferreting-out the underlying causes of things!)

I vote NO. I vote a RESOUNDING NO. Let's NOT have our highly-paid, highly-skilled development team spend one second of their busy days working out a solution for this poor, undisciplined rabble trying to multi-task with none of the skills. Rather, let us counsel this woe-begotten sufferer of computer-related malaise to either WATCH FAMILY GUY RERUNS, or PLAY EVE.

Pick one, and stick to it. Let us more...capable people...do the multi-tasking in life.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

AMARR CITIZEN 12100203
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2015-03-30 16:01:17 UTC
Ned Thomas wrote:
If only mining were amazingly predictable.....


mining to buy a titan.
wow
Vyl Vit
#10 - 2015-03-30 16:03:42 UTC
AMARR CITIZEN 12100203 wrote:
...wow
Freudian slip?

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-03-30 16:09:27 UTC
AMARR CITIZEN 12100203 wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
If only mining were amazingly predictable.....


mining to buy a titan.
wow


Oh, forgive me. I forgot that mining was made less predictable when it was for a long term goal.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
Transgress
#12 - 2015-03-30 16:12:30 UTC
Vyl Vit wrote:
AMARR CITIZEN 12100203 wrote:
...wow
Freudian slip?

Bingo
AMARR CITIZEN 12100203
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2015-03-30 16:17:36 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:
I never check the kill board on people who post here. An active forum is the sign of a healthy community. This, of course, has nothing to do with mental health. That is another issue for another venue. Although, it may be possible to detect certain mental illnesses or deficiencies through reading posts here, it's doubtful an accurate diagnosis could be made.

That being said; losing track of time while you're doing two things at once...hmmm...and requesting a digital solution to be crafted by highly paid computer techs, rather than adopting a personal solution through modifying ones own behavior. Is there a word for this? *wracks his brain*

Oh yes! ENTITLED! He's ENTITLED to have someone else (or in this case a TEAM of someone ELSES) to remove themselves from their existing schedule of work and devote themselves to creating for the OP a digital bib so he doesn't drool pixels down the front of his virtual SHIRT. (I'm beginning to believe I excel at this sort of ferreting-out the underlying causes of things!)

I vote NO. I vote a RESOUNDING NO. Let's NOT have our highly-paid, highly-skilled development team spend one second of their busy days working out a solution for this poor, undisciplined rabble trying to multi-task with none of the skills. Rather, let us counsel this woe-begotten sufferer of computer-related malaise to either WATCH FAMILY GUY RERUNS, or PLAY EVE.

Pick one, and stick to it. Let us more...capable people...do the multi-tasking in life.


hi friend,it just a game to me ,everyone's life is limited ,just increase some Choices for someone.

the game changes our life ,and we can changes the game too.

Don't be so serous in a game, and i can notice you are what type of man like you said "it may be possible to detect certain mental illnesses or deficiencies through reading posts here"

Cool

AMARR CITIZEN 12100203
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2015-03-30 16:19:07 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Vyl Vit wrote:
AMARR CITIZEN 12100203 wrote:
...wow
Freudian slip?

Bingo

a expression like :) orz ...
Nalia White
Tencus
#15 - 2015-03-30 16:44:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Nalia White
we would have wanted an ingame stopwatch for a long time now...

like how long is that gate cloak lasting Twisted

DaReaper wrote:
*grabs phone... sets a 10 min timer... looks at something else.. hits start... timer goes off... checks eve*

There, no dev time wasted.


i am sure such a timer would need an entire expansion for itself because of the complexity :D

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Eve Solecist
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#16 - 2015-03-30 16:56:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Eve Solecist
This would only increase the amount of mental lazyness.

If you don't play the game, you certainly don't need an alarm to remind you.
Obviously it's not important enough for you, if you can easily forget about it.


This explains also why you hide behind an alt.


Quote:
Don't be so serous in a game,

Says the guy who needs to hide,
because he's a miner, not really playing and an easy target.
  • All incoming connection attempts are being blocked. If you want to speak to me you will find me either in Hek local, you can create a contract or make a thread about it in General Discussions. I will call you back. -
Ama Sk'ir
Doomheim
#17 - 2015-03-30 17:12:43 UTC
As a miner, my opinion is this:

No.


Run the client in windowed mode and multitask. Play the game or don't play the game.
Klaus Tylar
Tylar United Freight
#18 - 2015-03-30 17:14:35 UTC
Ama Sk'ir wrote:
As a miner, my opinion is this:

No.


Run the client in windowed mode and multitask. Play the game or don't play the game.


Chiming in as a sometimes-miner also. People like the OP give all of us a bad name. Either play the game or don't- Getting screwed over because you couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the game is your own fault, not the developers'.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#19 - 2015-03-30 17:15:16 UTC
Quote:

Forum rules

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.


Closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department