These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Scylla patch, eve will not start.

First post
Author
Gunnsmoke
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-03-24 19:23:42 UTC
same issue. It downloads the files, tried to install, then says it failed. It actually worked once, and I was able to get in and set some long skills just in case. I tried to go back in just now, and its back to saying "update failed" even though it's already updated..X
Thooloo Bitchly
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-03-24 19:33:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Thooloo Bitchly
My game wouldn't launch after letting the launcher migrate the assets, and downloading the patch, and setting it to download all.

After searching in the install directory, I found rescache.exe, "a tool for verifying and managing the EVE shared resource cache".

It said I was missing 7.53 GB of files, and started downloading.

It's gonna take at least a day on my slow internet, but if anybody who doesn't live in the 90s wants to try it, please tell us how it works out for you.

Edit: Clarified what reschache.exe was
Mack Maracas
Jol-Nar Industries
#23 - 2015-03-24 19:55:55 UTC
Thooloo Bitchly wrote:
My game wouldn't launch after letting the launcher migrate the assets, and downloading the patch, and setting it to download all.

After searching in the install directory, I found rescache.exe, "a tool for verifying and managing the EVE shared resource cache".

It said I was missing 7.53 GB of files, and started downloading.

It's gonna take at least a day on my slow internet, but if anybody who doesn't live in the 90s wants to try it, please tell us how it works out for you.

Edit: Clarified what reschache.exe was



That file doesn't show up anywhere on my PC :S
Euttere Geten
Doomheim
#24 - 2015-03-24 20:16:58 UTC
My EVE is connected to a Steam account, but I was able to get online after some fiddling. Not sure if it will work for anyone else, but here's what I did.

  • Shutdown/Restart system.
  • Do not delete any client or game cache files.
  • From the C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE folder, run the Repair Tool.
  • Repair tool will say that it cannot delete files in the Shared Cache, but was able to complete step 7/7.
  • From the C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\bin folder, run exefile.
  • Client loads.

At this point I still could not log on since I need the Steam ID, so I then launched EVE from Steam. Suddenly, I had to re-download 7.65 GB of updates, even though it had already updated earlier today. After that, the client was launching successfully from Steam.

Hopefully this helps someone in case they are having the same issue. Good luck. o7
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#25 - 2015-03-24 20:23:41 UTC
BlackStars Pahineh wrote:
I made a CCP log server while logging on

google doc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EXXhZ5v1trEw2TglRTuiqqgiFFa_viZ6bafZN4qCuAs/pubhtml


and the workspace file :

http://www.filedropper.com/workspacelogeve



for the above: My game does not work. Start up launcher is working, repair tool is working, loggin in is working. No visual on game, Its running in my processes. But the game won't startup, Nothing happens when press launch, while launchers telling me it is launching.

For the Steam client, and the non-steam client.

Try running rescache.exe in the EVE installation folder - it looks like you might have a corrupt file and this tool will verify the contents of the shared resource cache. Let me know if this helps - we want to iron the kinks out of this as quickly as possible.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Mack Maracas
Jol-Nar Industries
#26 - 2015-03-24 20:29:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Mack Maracas
what I've tried now is opening settings in my launcher and under download options I've ticked the box saying "download all resource files" and then restarted launcher, it started downloading almost 240 MB, so that might do it


Edit: same lack of result
FrenzyJenny
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#27 - 2015-03-24 20:45:20 UTC  |  Edited by: FrenzyJenny
CCP Snorlax wrote:
BlackStars Pahineh wrote:
I made a CCP log server while logging on

google doc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EXXhZ5v1trEw2TglRTuiqqgiFFa_viZ6bafZN4qCuAs/pubhtml


and the workspace file :

http://www.filedropper.com/workspacelogeve



for the above: My game does not work. Start up launcher is working, repair tool is working, loggin in is working. No visual on game, Its running in my processes. But the game won't startup, Nothing happens when press launch, while launchers telling me it is launching.

For the Steam client, and the non-steam client.

Try running rescache.exe in the EVE installation folder - it looks like you might have a corrupt file and this tool will verify the contents of the shared resource cache. Let me know if this helps - we want to iron the kinks out of this as quickly as possible.



I did that rescache.exe it found several corrupted files. 16 files are deleted.

My game is working now !

How is it possible with a clean install people get corrupted files ?

So this fixed the problem for me, thanks for mention it, i wanted to click that file earlier, i feel sorry i didnt :P

Isnt it maybe a good idea to run this file automatically after everypatch, or include it in the patch?
Mack Maracas
Jol-Nar Industries
#28 - 2015-03-24 21:06:56 UTC
Yup, recache also fixed it for me.
Zuke Dai
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#29 - 2015-03-24 22:12:47 UTC
Got the download finished and all seems fine except I can't log in because I'm a steam user and the game is now asking for an account name and pass word...
Any suggestions/solution?
FrenzyJenny
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#30 - 2015-03-25 11:02:01 UTC
Zuke Dai wrote:
Got the download finished and all seems fine except I can't log in because I'm a steam user and the game is now asking for an account name and pass word...
Any suggestions/solution?



I think this is off topic too and you will be better of to make a new thread for this or look on the forums



Flip Fully
Doomheim
#31 - 2015-03-25 13:22:30 UTC
After checking LogServer.exe it seems that my internetconnection was blocking the connection to http://res.eveonline.ccpgames.com
Kira Talfase
Dirty sexy money
#32 - 2015-03-25 18:35:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Kira Talfase
I un installed and then reinstalled directX and. Net framework, along with video drivers and was able to log in.

Hope it helps someone else.
Krista Sasen
Ministry of Me
#33 - 2015-03-25 21:49:58 UTC
I've tried everything mentioned in thread to be able to log save for re-installing the game client . I enter username/ password and all I get is a gray play button.

Anyone got any suggestions what is going on here?
Spanky Platypus
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2015-03-26 02:04:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Spanky Platypus
I can't find rescache.exe. Where is the EVE Installation folder? I checked in the CCP folder in Program Files (x86) and it's not there.

Edit: found it.
Zhaniz
Heirs of the Sun
#35 - 2015-03-26 23:51:39 UTC
CCP Snorlax may be one of the best dev names and his words of wisdom helped me!

thanks
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2015-03-27 02:54:17 UTC
This DoD stuff broke my EVE. I'm getting a "client update failed" message at the bottom of the launcher by the progress bar, and an error popup telling me the EVE launcher cannot update a directory from which processes are running, then tells me to close exefile.exe.
Ronal Joringer
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2015-03-29 09:18:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Ronal Joringer
Well, in my case, game starts but with huge delay. Process exefile.exe*32 appears in Task manager, however it takes up to 5 min to launch game, even on direct file run.

Problem started after enabling "Download all".

UPD: Looks like running rescache.exe could really solve this issue. No missed or corrupted files found during scan, but game client runs smoothly now.
Qunantor Foratis
inconspicuous ISK Hoarder
#38 - 2015-03-29 17:24:23 UTC
Ronal Joringer wrote:
Well, in my case, game starts but with huge delay. Process exefile.exe*32 appears in Task manager, however it takes up to 5 min to launch game, even on direct file run.

Problem started after enabling "Download all".


I've had the same problem and run the rescache.exe. It downloaded some missing files and now it's back to normal again.
Devil tiger
#39 - 2015-03-30 08:23:17 UTC
Ellariona
B52 Bombers
#40 - 2015-03-30 08:52:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Ellariona
Timeout with tracert to the EVE serverSad

steps undertaken:
- rescache.exe run
- reinstalling the client (my client worked properly before scylla)
- manually downloading the new launcher file and updating (fresh install)
- manually downloading the new repair file and repairing (fresh install)
- changing socket from port 26000 to 3274 (I could connect to either one before scylla)
- enabling the cache download in the launcher
- running either the exefile in bin OR the launcher in administrative mode
- I've also tried both the offline and online installer for fresh installs

my info:
When the issue started? Two days ago, maybe three.
How frequently does it occur? Persistent failure aside from 1 login
What operating system you are using. Information about your system

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Previous page123Next page