These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

SCYLLA - Download On Demand Issues

First post
Author
CCP Falcon
#1 - 2015-03-24 09:22:11 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
We are happy to announce that the Scylla release has been successfully deployed!

Scylla brings new opportunities that will be added to the opportunities system, as well as a Tech III subsystem rebalance, the download on demand client, and many fixes, changes and quality of life improvements to make the world of New Eden a better place for all.

For further information you can see our new updates website, and for a detailed breakdown of what's in this release, check out the full patch notes here!

There is also important information here with regards to the new Download on Demand client. Be sure to read it before patching!

You can find more general information on download on demand in this Technical Help Center article, and view the troubleshooting article here.

Please report any issues you experience with Download on Demand in this thread. For general discussion and feedback regarding Scylla, please see here. For issues with the release on PC, please use this thread, and for Mac users, there is, as always, a thread on the Macintosh forums for discussion of this release.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

CCP Falcon
#2 - 2015-03-24 10:16:06 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Goliath
KNOWN ISSUES:


  • The launcher will sometimes start downloading a patch about 7GB in size. If this occurs, please restart the launcher.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Dakota SnowWolf
E-Ticket Adventures
#3 - 2015-03-24 11:49:28 UTC
DoD launcher won't start on the XP machine.... nor can I bypass the launcher to load eve as before...?
Liza Calm
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-03-24 11:53:58 UTC
Where is my yacht?
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#5 - 2015-03-24 11:55:48 UTC
Liza Calm wrote:
Where is my yacht?



In the DB. Will be distributed somewhere in the next 7 days.
CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2015-03-24 11:56:08 UTC
Dakota SnowWolf wrote:
DoD launcher won't start on the XP machine.... nor can I bypass the launcher to load eve as before...?

Check to see if there are any old launcher.exe processes running.
Aria Tensus
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2015-03-24 11:57:29 UTC
If you call this a success I would hate to witness a failure.

The launcher is stuck on an endless loop of "Installing files" and "Downloading EVE launcher update" - those messages alternate rapidly and there is no progress.

If I close the launcher and restart it, then it downloads the update and closes itself, never to be seen again. After relaunching we're back to square one.
ExpNinja
Radiant Shadow
#8 - 2015-03-24 12:00:22 UTC  |  Edited by: ExpNinja
Aria Tensus wrote:
If you call this a success I would hate to witness a failure.

The launcher is stuck on an endless loop of "Installing files" and "Downloading EVE launcher update" - those messages alternate rapidly and there is no progress.

If I close the launcher and restart it, then it downloads the update and closes itself, never to be seen again. After relaunching we're back to square one.


Same Problem here on normal launcher. (Installing steam version worked flawlessly in less then 2 min)

EDIT: Found a fix

So the fix i did was I went in to the folder location (After restarting my computer) (C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE) And started the launcher shortcut, After it just magically disappeared I then started the eve application as administrator. This fixed the problem.
xttz
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2015-03-24 12:05:58 UTC  |  Edited by: xttz
If you're moving the resource cache to a different disk, the launcher doesn't check that there is enough space available before starting.

Edit: it also always defaults to C: regardless of where your current EVE resources are, and doesn't clear up or move things back should it fail and run out of space. It's a pretty great way to have no space free on your boot disk!
CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2015-03-24 12:07:31 UTC
If you're having problems with the selfupdate installing you can undertake it manually by downloading the installer for it from here: http://cdn1.eveonline.com/EveOnlineLauncher/release/EVEOnlineLauncher_2_2_871265.exe
John WarpingSlow
#11 - 2015-03-24 12:15:19 UTC
Is there a list of required IP ranges/ports for the launcher?

So far I've identified three data centers that CCP appears to use:
Highwinds Network Group
RIPE Network Coordination Center
Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC)

Without their CIDR (IP ranges) approved in my firewall, I wasn't getting anywhere with the launcher.

Travonus Trapoll
Magister Mortalis.
Undead Nation
#12 - 2015-03-24 12:19:47 UTC
The tip with the kaspersky anti virus helped a lot, However the game client is running really slow. Hopefully it will clear up in the next coming day.

If this becomes to much hassle i would like to be able to use the old way of getting on Eve Online.


Travonus Trapoll

The Ditanian Fleet Armour incursions.

Fly Safe Stay Armour.
Light Raider
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-03-24 12:24:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Light Raider
I'm getting an Exception pop:

Quote:


Exception during UpdaterModule.Update



And the option to click OK wich does nothing but close the popup or Start EVE wich it does
John WarpingSlow
#14 - 2015-03-24 12:26:53 UTC
Downloading the full 7.x gigs of "download on demand", it froze at 1.54 gigs out of 7.92. (Waited 10 mins with no progress.)

Killed the launcher after it wouldn't close, waited, and restarted.

Now getting Error from launcher:

---
Unable to access remote info-file.

{ i } Remote Info-file could not be fetched.
http://client.eveonline.com/patches/premium_patchinfoTQ_inc.txt
Please check your internet-connection.
If the problem persists, please contact Customer Support by filing a petition.
---


I'm just going to assume that CCP's overloaded right now and I'll be able to continue downloading the content later.

Saximila Dringalo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2015-03-24 12:29:19 UTC
Did people actually ask for this to be put into the launcher because even with a Flawless launch it makes no sense why i would want the same install across multiple installs When it takes no time at all to get stuff i have in both from a fresh install ....

If it aint broke dont fix it.
Sacu Shi
Golden Nyx Corporation
#16 - 2015-03-24 12:39:32 UTC
CCP Atropos wrote:
If you're having problems with the selfupdate installing you can undertake it manually by downloading the installer for it from here: http://cdn1.eveonline.com/EveOnlineLauncher/release/EVEOnlineLauncher_2_2_871265.exe


Perfect. Worked for me :)

Eve launcher is now moving 13GB of shared cache files :) Soon be able to play :)
Aurora Roddez
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#17 - 2015-03-24 12:39:43 UTC
Downloaded all the updates, tried to log in and received the following error message -

"The client's local session information is corrupt, probably as a result of failed cleanup during a disconnect. Connecting to the server in this state could lead to a rather unpleasant game experience. Please restart the client prior to logging in."

Restarted the launcher multiple times, rebooted the computer, tried launching from "exefile.exe". Still getting that error message. http://i.imgur.com/7wmQyyy.jpg

Ran the repair tool, logs gave the following message -

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "repairTool\progressPanel.pyo", line 379, in OnTaskFinish
OverflowError: mktime argument out of range

Ideas?
Worrff
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2015-03-24 12:40:58 UTC
John WarpingSlow wrote:
Downloading the full 7.x gigs of "download on demand", it froze at 1.54 gigs out of 7.92. (Waited 10 mins with no progress.)

Killed the launcher after it wouldn't close, waited, and restarted.

Now getting Error from launcher:

---
Unable to access remote info-file.

{ i } Remote Info-file could not be fetched.
http://client.eveonline.com/patches/premium_patchinfoTQ_inc.txt
Please check your internet-connection.
If the problem persists, please contact Customer Support by filing a petition.
---


I'm just going to assume that CCP's overloaded right now and I'll be able to continue downloading the content later.



I really would not make that assumption.

CCP Philosophy: If it works, break it. If it’s broken, leave it alone and break something else.

Sacu Shi
Golden Nyx Corporation
#19 - 2015-03-24 12:45:01 UTC
Aurora Roddez wrote:
Downloaded all the updates, tried to log in and received the following error message -

"The client's local session information is corrupt, probably as a result of failed cleanup during a disconnect. Connecting to the server in this state could lead to a rather unpleasant game experience. Please restart the client prior to logging in."

Restarted the launcher multiple times, rebooted the computer, tried launching from "exefile.exe". Still getting that error message. http://i.imgur.com/7wmQyyy.jpg

Ran the repair tool, logs gave the following message -

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "repairTool\progressPanel.pyo", line 379, in OnTaskFinish
OverflowError: mktime argument out of range

Ideas?


I got that message yesterday. I just started the game as normal. No issues.
Ghaustyl Kathix
Rising Thunder
#20 - 2015-03-24 12:46:58 UTC
For those of us with sub-par internet at home, is there an install package for all of the resources? When I was playing with it on Singularity, it took a minute at least to load the model and various skins for a cruiser, let alone a station, I'd rather download the whole thing at school and install that on the desktop at home.
123Next pageLast page