These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Brutix PvP fit for solo and small gang?

Author
Minas' Morgul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-03-08 06:32:18 UTC
So i really love this ship in PvE with 250mm rails, except it's slow. I've looked up some PvP fits and I see it's used as a blaster boat with mwd. It just seems like it would be hard to get into range given its speed. I'm a little wary of using a mwd in pvp over the ab due to the sig radius increase, so ill torn with that.

I haven't really pvp before. I have a t1 frigate I outfit and it was pretty easy to see its role. But with the brutix I can see it would be good as a dual armor repping tank, but I'm just not sure about blasters if I want to avoid a mwd, and i hear rails suck for pvp. Is the mwd worth it with the sig radius increase?

I'm probably going to stick with the frigate for now, but I'd like an idea of how to outfit and play a brutix on pvp if needed. Thanks guys
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-03-08 06:41:10 UTC
Minas' Morgul wrote:
So i really love this ship in PvE with 250mm rails, except it's slow. I've looked up some PvP fits and I see it's used as a blaster boat with mwd. It just seems like it would be hard to get into range given its speed. I'm a little wary of using a mwd in pvp over the ab due to the sig radius increase, so ill torn with that.

I haven't really pvp before. I have a t1 frigate I outfit and it was pretty easy to see its role. But with the brutix I can see it would be good as a dual armor repping tank, but I'm just not sure about blasters if I want to avoid a mwd, and i hear rails suck for pvp. Is the mwd worth it with the sig radius increase?

I'm probably going to stick with the frigate for now, but I'd like an idea of how to outfit and play a brutix on pvp if needed. Thanks guys


MWD goes off as soon as you get into scram range, either they'll scram you or you turn it off yourself once they're webbed/scrammed. For station camping use an AB, aside from that cap boosted dual rep with blasters, 1-2 mag stabs a DCU and 1-2 EANMs. Patch the explosive hole with a rig and add 2 repair rigs.

That being said battlecruisers are pretty bad at solo and uncommon for mobile fleets because of the reasons you already noted. Bad mobility and big sig radius. I only ever see them used for station games or gatecamps. If you try to solo in a brutix you'll get blobbed or murdered by a kiter or a neuting drone boat. Train drones, use a vexor.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#3 - 2015-03-08 07:35:36 UTC
Train into the Gallente line to prepare for Brutix. Incursus and Comet for blasters and rails, then Thorax, then Brutix. It can fit for both rails and blasters.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Tusker Crazinski
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2015-03-08 08:11:42 UTC
The shield tanked Railgun Brutix Navy is an absolute monster.

1k DPS...... with medium sniper turrets

and the brutix is only slow when plate tanked, its only 10m/s slower than a cane, and with 7 lows you could probably squeze in a nanofiber.
Minas' Morgul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-03-08 16:10:39 UTC
Honestly it would probably be just small gang. I guess ill fit a mwd And fill the hole and add some dual reppers.

With how this thing flies, I can't see anyone flying anything bigger than a cruiser for solo pvp
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#6 - 2015-03-08 16:58:12 UTC
Any ship that fits blasters, generally HAS to fit an MWD, so it can get into web range and optimal asap.
No kiting with this ship. You fly right at 'em and kill or be killed.
Duel rep Brutix is fun and kicks ass in the right conditions.
Small gangs
Gate camps
Station games

It's a ship that you (I do) consider as a throw away, but when it survives, all the better.
It is common to get 'top damage dealer' with it.
Jeanne-Luise Argenau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2015-03-09 01:20:29 UTC
i have heard some nasty things about hull tanked brutes how nasty would that be in your estimation
Minas' Morgul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-03-09 13:40:45 UTC
The main thing I'm thinking about right now is how to best armor tank this ship. I was considering sleeping an armor plate on with a repper or two, but I really don't want to slow it down anymore.

The HP boost of a plate is nice, but I'm thinking of something like two adapative nano membranes and a damage control for resist stacking with a repper. Or lose one of the resists and throw on a second repper. Not sure which way to go with this boat
Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#9 - 2015-03-09 16:23:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Bronson Hughes
Tusker Crazinski wrote:
The shield tanked Railgun Brutix Navy is an absolute monster.

1k DPS...... with medium sniper turrets

and the brutix is only slow when plate tanked, its only 10m/s slower than a cane, and with 7 lows you could probably squeze in a nanofiber.

I'll see your shield-tanked monster and raise you a hull-tanked monster. A hull-tanked Navy Brutix can break 100k EHP without implants or links, can fit full tackle and a cap booster, is every bit as mobile as your shield-tanked version, and still has 3 lows free for a full rack of damage mods.

No, I'm not kidding.

[Brutix Navy Issue, Brick Wall]

Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

10MN Microwarpdrive II
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Medium Transverse Bulkhead II
Medium Transverse Bulkhead II
Medium Transverse Bulkhead II


~110k EHP, ~700 DPS before heat plus drones. With ~85k EHP of hull hit points, it makes for a great bait tank. It can just as easily fit T2 250mm rails in place of the blasters if you sacrifice the neut, although with the upcoming medium rail nerf this will become less viable.

The obvious downsides are needing to find a station to repair at (even though repairs are based on build price, not market price, so they're relatively cheap) and not being able to take full advantage of logi support.

EDIT: Added "full". Mr. Loyd raises a good point. Some minor tweakage (dropping a bulkhead for an EANM) could sacrifice some EHP in favor of one hell of a bait tank. Hmmmm....

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Paranoid Loyd
#10 - 2015-03-09 16:34:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Bronson Hughes wrote:
not being able to take advantage of logi support.
8.4K raw HPs is a decent buffer. Logi will not be as effective but will still be preferable to no logi. Throwing an EAMN on there in place of one of the bulkheads reduces your EHP to 98K which is still a considerable buffer and will make logi more effective.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#11 - 2015-03-09 17:14:33 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:
not being able to take advantage of logi support.
8.4K raw HPs is a decent buffer. Logi will not be as effective but will still be preferable to no logi. Throwing an EAMN on there in place of one of the bulkheads reduces your EHP to 98K which is still a considerable buffer and will make logi more effective.

An excellent point as always. Post edited to reflect this.

A decent armor buffer + massive structure buffer + armor logi = godly bait tank.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Stitch Kaneland
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#12 - 2015-03-10 16:27:27 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Tusker Crazinski wrote:
The shield tanked Railgun Brutix Navy is an absolute monster.

1k DPS...... with medium sniper turrets

and the brutix is only slow when plate tanked, its only 10m/s slower than a cane, and with 7 lows you could probably squeze in a nanofiber.

I'll see your shield-tanked monster and raise you a hull-tanked monster. A hull-tanked Navy Brutix can break 100k EHP without implants or links, can fit full tackle and a cap booster, is every bit as mobile as your shield-tanked version, and still has 3 lows free for a full rack of damage mods.

No, I'm not kidding.

[Brutix Navy Issue, Brick Wall]

Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

10MN Microwarpdrive II
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Medium Transverse Bulkhead II
Medium Transverse Bulkhead II
Medium Transverse Bulkhead II


~110k EHP, ~700 DPS before heat plus drones. With ~85k EHP of hull hit points, it makes for a great bait tank. It can just as easily fit T2 250mm rails in place of the blasters if you sacrifice the neut, although with the upcoming medium rail nerf this will become less viable.

The obvious downsides are needing to find a station to repair at (even though repairs are based on build price, not market price, so they're relatively cheap) and not being able to take full advantage of logi support.

EDIT: Added "full". Mr. Loyd raises a good point. Some minor tweakage (dropping a bulkhead for an EANM) could sacrifice some EHP in favor of one hell of a bait tank. Hmmmm....


Bring a mobile depot with you, have hull and armor reps in your cargo. Rep up inbetween fights. What i do with my hull drake. Only costs an extra mil or 2 to rep up for free in unfriendly space.

I would recommend multiple hull reps though.. takes a loong time rep up 10k HP when they rep 60hp in 24s.
Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#13 - 2015-03-10 16:40:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Bronson Hughes
Stitch Kaneland wrote:
Bring a mobile depot with you, have hull and armor reps in your cargo. Rep up inbetween fights. What i do with my hull drake. Only costs an extra mil or 2 to rep up for free in unfriendly space.

I would recommend multiple hull reps though.. takes a loong time rep up 10k HP when they rep 60hp in 24s.

I tried that once with my hull-tanked Navy Vexor, and found that it was much more convenient to dock up and pay to fix my structure. Repping a VNI from 16% structure and 0% armor in a station only costs about 1mil ISK. A BNI would obviously be more expensive, probably more on the order of 10mil ISK.

What I settled on is a mix of standby armor logi to rep armor damage and docking/paying to rep structure. Saves time and is very affordable.

EDIT: On the flip side, if you're waiting out a suspect timer in losec without access to a station, your approach would be a very productive way to pass the time in a safe spot.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Paranoid Loyd
#14 - 2015-03-10 16:48:31 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
your approach would be a very productive way to pass the time in a safe spot.
until you get probed down and produce a hilarious KM Twisted

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#15 - 2015-03-10 17:07:14 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:
your approach would be a very productive way to pass the time in a safe spot.
until you get probed down and produce a hilarious KM Twisted

D-Scan rules would still apply, but yes, that would almost certainly qualify as an ALOD. Blink

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Stitch Kaneland
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#16 - 2015-03-10 17:17:36 UTC
More like in null or opposing fw space, where you cant dock. I find it better to plop depot and refit and rescoop depot. Then just jump around safes while repping. Once youre done, redeploy depot, and refit/scoop. Then you are good to go again. Its time consuming, but when you are space cheap, it helps.
Minas' Morgul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-03-10 21:15:57 UTC
Minas' Morgul wrote:
The main thing I'm thinking about right now is how to best armor tank this ship. I was considering sleeping an armor plate on with a repper or two, but I really don't want to slow it down anymore.

The HP boost of a plate is nice, but I'm thinking of something like two adapative nano membranes and a damage control for resist stacking with a repper. Or lose one of the resists and throw on a second repper. Not sure which way to go with this boat


Still wondering about this
Paranoid Loyd
#18 - 2015-03-10 21:41:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
That was ignored as putting plates on your BC will slow it to a speed where it is not very useful except for a very narrow range of targets. Hull tank FTW.

Active reps can work but dual reppers leaves very little PG meaning you are down sizing your guns or using an AB, both are pretty significant compromises. Not to mention there is no grid left for a cap booster.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Minas' Morgul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2015-03-10 23:24:48 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
That was ignored as putting plates on your BC will slow it to a speed where it is not very useful except for a very narrow range of targets. Hull tank FTW.

Active reps can work but dual reppers leaves very little PG meaning you are down sizing your guns or using an AB, both are pretty significant compromises. Not to mention there is no grid left for a cap booster.


Yeah. I was worried about the weight of the plate and the cap need of the two reppers. It seems the only logical option left is to stack resists as high as I could get them? Probably two resists with damage control and a repper?
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2015-03-11 16:19:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Tsukino Stareine
+1 on hull brutixes.

Navy version gets 192k ehp XD
12Next page