These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EvE Online and Bullying

First post
Author
Orlacc
#41 - 2015-03-06 17:51:14 UTC
It is CVA's prerogative to do what they will. Guy was probably a big ******* ( Oh I forgot he has a disease that makes him an *******). So you take him in and now they don't want to play with you. How is that bullying? You want CCP to intercede?

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#42 - 2015-03-06 17:55:47 UTC
Being set red and barred from rejoining an alliance is not bullying. Grow up and HTFU.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#43 - 2015-03-06 21:51:58 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
I really feel like people are missing the point here.


Everyone gets the point - they're saying welcome to Eve.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#44 - 2015-03-06 21:54:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Kithrus
admiral root wrote:
Kithrus wrote:
I really feel like people are missing the point here.


Everyone gets the point - they're saying welcome to Eve.


With that attitude are you going to tell me to kill myself and end your CSM career early?

Or are you admitting there are limits?

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#45 - 2015-03-06 21:56:57 UTC
Oh dear lord, it's a train wreck now. Did you really just invoke a years-old incident where, a drunk guy said something silly (something the grrrr, goons crowd have apparently never, ever done) while discussing your attrocious mis-use of terms like "bullying"?

Real bullying is serious. What you're talking about is Eve politics. HTFU.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Asia Leigh
Dauntless Divergence
#46 - 2015-03-06 21:57:59 UTC
OP obviously doesn't realize hom much fun hot dropping Provi is. Getting set red to Provi is certainly not the end of the world, and it certainly isn't bulling.
Apply the damn rules equally >.>
Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#47 - 2015-03-06 22:05:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Kithrus
admiral root wrote:
Oh dear lord, it's a train wreck now. Did you really just invoke a years-old incident where, a drunk guy said something silly (something the grrrr, goons crowd have apparently never, ever done) while discussing your attrocious mis-use of terms like "bullying"?

Real bullying is serious. What you're talking about is Eve politics. HTFU.


What you missing 'CSM to be is' that EvE politics are a murky mess at best and one that most certainly doesn't need person issue brought into.

For instance allies of CVA who I roam and roll with frequently no do not have the diplomatic ability to do so now without risking the blue status of their peers.

If I lived in northern space or was say in caldari militia I wouldn't give a damn but this is is literately cutting my fleets in half. Those who would fly with me can't because they can't afford it.

CVA knows this.

How about you pay attention to the political landscape and ramifications first before you think this is about my apparently poor feelings.

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

Paranoid Loyd
#48 - 2015-03-06 22:10:02 UTC
I can say without a doubt the good Admiral understands the political landscape much better than you.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#49 - 2015-03-06 22:39:58 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
What you missing 'CSM to be is' that EvE politics are a murky mess at best and one that most certainly doesn't need person issue brought into.

For instance allies of CVA who I roam and roll with frequently no do not have the diplomatic ability to do so now without risking the blue status of their peers.

If I lived in northern space or was say in caldari militia I wouldn't give a damn but this is is literately cutting my fleets in half. Those who would fly with me can't because they can't afford it.

CVA knows this.

How about you pay attention to the political landscape and ramifications first before you think this is about my apparently poor feelings.
And they are well within their right to do so. That's how this game is played. Either you kick him and keep your fleets but sell out your values or you keep him, take what CVA want to dish out and stand up for your beliefs. That's all there is to this. It's not bullying, it's not harassment, it's just one group imposing it's rules over a smaller group, something that happens every single day in EVE. The only thing you're likely to get posting this in C&P is more reds.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#50 - 2015-03-06 22:41:15 UTC
Kithrus wrote:

What you missing 'CSM to be is' Shocked that EvE politics are a murky mess at best and one that most certainly doesn't need person issue brought into. Question

For instance allies of CVA who I roam and roll with frequently no do not have the diplomatic ability to do so now without risking the blue status of their peers. X

If I lived in northern space or was say in caldari militia I wouldn't give a damn but this is is literately cutting my fleets in half. Those who would fly with me can't because they can't afford it. Cry

CVA knows this. Cool

How about you pay attention to the political landscape and ramifications first before you think this is about my apparently poor feelings. Roll


I've got an idea! Ditch your "friend" and all your problems are gone.
We all know he is kinda... you know... cramping your style and all.

Well... Maybe you could do that and apologize to the good people of C&P while you are at it since you are stressing them out with your cringe worthy troll posts.

Do that and you are golden, free to roam with the plethora of other "friends" you have in game.

No thanks, just me giving back to the community.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#51 - 2015-03-06 23:01:57 UTC
It's a sad day when I have to like a Lucas post. OP, please stop bullying me.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#52 - 2015-03-06 23:10:29 UTC
Removing annoying people from your group in a video game and being annoyed when someone subverts (intentionally or coincidentally) the steps you took to remove them from your group is not bullying.

You're a terrible person for equating this to actual bullying, which can ruin peoples lives.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#53 - 2015-03-06 23:31:52 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
admiral root wrote:
Oh dear lord, it's a train wreck now. Did you really just invoke a years-old incident where, a drunk guy said something silly (something the grrrr, goons crowd have apparently never, ever done) while discussing your attrocious mis-use of terms like "bullying"?

Real bullying is serious. What you're talking about is Eve politics. HTFU.


What you missing 'CSM to be is' that EvE politics are a murky mess at best and one that most certainly doesn't need person issue brought into.

For instance allies of CVA who I roam and roll with frequently no do not have the diplomatic ability to do so now without risking the blue status of their peers.

If I lived in northern space or was say in caldari militia I wouldn't give a damn but this is is literately cutting my fleets in half. Those who would fly with me can't because they can't afford it.

CVA knows this.

How about you pay attention to the political landscape and ramifications first before you think this is about my apparently poor feelings.


Is this really about 'your friend' anymore... because you seem to talk less and less about 'your friend' and more and more about 'CVA denying you fleets' or something.. ill be honest.. I pretty much clocked out on this after 'bullying'.

Also, its a known fact in C&P, that when someone makes a thread about their 'friend', 99 times out of 100, that 'friend' is them.

Friends don't let friends post on their behalf.

Also, griping about CVA and their policies probably wont help your 'cant get CVA fleet' problem.. as a matter of fact, it will probably get you set KOS. That's the beauty of CVA NRDS.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#54 - 2015-03-06 23:48:47 UTC
Kithrus wrote:

[...] has a habit of rubbing people the wrong way. [...] Due to this CVA removed him and told him to go away and in order to enforce it they marked him red. [...]

This person called in a favor and I invited them into the alliance. [...]


Can only do a PoV, but they obviously didn't remove him for his syndrome, but for his behaviour. *Rubbing people the wrong way*. So regardless of the origins for that rubbing which you really can't spot just via TS or chat channels, he was just shown the door for being an apparently unbearable person.

Wonder if there was more to it though, because setting him red seems weird and inconclusive.

Afterwards you invited a red! Dood! You don't do that! Solve him being red and then accept him.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#55 - 2015-03-06 23:50:37 UTC
All this talk of rubbing....


Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

LetsGetWeird
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2015-03-06 23:54:55 UTC  |  Edited by: LetsGetWeird
Going to put this in simple terms Provi space CVA rules pretty much all other groups in provi seems to be pets from my limited knowledge of the area. You don't like the rules then leave or fight. IF I don't like someone in fleet I call them primary if they disrupt operation's mute them on Comms. If they continue to disrupt operation kick them and don't let them back eve life. You live in null sec friend if you don't like maybe a new sec of space or renting is better for you and your friend. By the way your allaince owns no sov http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Aegis_Militia so your a pet deal with the rules of the CVA, Fight, or Leave simple matter. IT's not bullying it's life you don't like it become the stronger group grind down provi and claim it for your own so you can make the rules.
Froggy Storm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#57 - 2015-03-07 00:52:43 UTC
Well at least the OP's real agendas finally came out.
Kiryen O'Bannon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#58 - 2015-03-07 04:36:35 UTC
OP, there are numeous issues with your position.

First, I dont see what it has to do wit C&P.

Second, EVE, and your corp/alliance/coalition are not your, or your friend's therapist/family/support group/school/church/ governement/etc. This is a game people pay to spend their time enjoying. No ne is or should be obligated to welcome incompatible people into their group, regardless of the reason for that incompatibility. Just because a person has a particular condition does not mean their wants automatically take priority over everyone else's.

This is not - in any way - bullying. This is about people who do not want to deal with problems that they have no obligation to dealwith. It is, furthermore, in game (even if occurs in voice comms) because the issue arises from in-client interactions: namely, the desire to live in a particular area of space with its local space tribe.

Your argument reminds me a lot of people who extoll the merits of free-to-play gaming because they don't have much money/are a college student/have medical issues/live in a poor country. The issue is similar and so is the answer. This is a video game, not a life necessity or obligation and you are not entitled to t or any aspect of it. There are no special needs here because there are no needs at all.

Eternal Father, King of birth, /Who didst create the heaven and earth, /And bid the planets and the sun/ Their own appointed orbits run; /O hear us when we seek thy grace /For those who soar through outer space.

Leiliana Atruin
SPATULA-CITY
#59 - 2015-03-07 15:43:58 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
I really feel like people are missing the point here.

We have a player kicked out of alliance cause he doesn't get along with people. So far so good.

We have an allied alliance of CVA (me) who recruited said person.

I'm being told that our alliances can't be allies because they don't like him.

If this person hurt CVA, fine I'd get that but morally you should not be bullying other people and telling them who they can't have in your alliance for out of game reasons.

As it stands CVA has set us red, removed our forum and Intel channel access and is in the process of getting their other allies to follow suite.

We do not live in providence but this throws a monkey wrench into the fleets of people we fly with.

Again I stress this is for out of game reasons. As far as I'm concerned it's a **** move made out of spite. Something's just don't need to happen even in EvE.

If someone set all know say frech players red because they don't like French people yes they are allowed with in the game rules but it's still a racist douchy move. People would look at that and say "dude really?"

I see this as no different.

Yes EvE is a harsh game but a game none the less and out of game crap needs to be left at the login screen.


By all accounts he is disliked not because of out of game stuff. Teamspeak, mumble etc counts as ingame comms.
Faylee Freir
Slavers Union
BLACKFLAG.
#60 - 2015-03-07 19:45:14 UTC
That's not bullying, but here's a similar story and situation:

The first corp I joined had someone that was of the same nature. He seemed to lack any sort of social skills, and I suspected he had some sort of autism or asbergers. I can think of specific instances where said autist had his own personal channel in teamspeak and he would literally flip out of someone went in there without his permission... This guy continued to rub people the wrong way and cause unneeded issues, but instead of booting him the CEO sent him to hisec and told him he had a "special" job for him. I didn't know what his "job" was until I saw him in comms for the first time in 5 months. The CEO had told him to get out of nullsec and to help the corp out by mining ice alone in hisec.

It was a brilliant idea... I need to find my own autist to enslave. brb