These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

CONCORD Ships Beatable???

First post First post
Author
Dicerson Morpheous
New Variant
HERO Coalition.
#1 - 2015-02-24 04:35:53 UTC
So i just read a post by CCP Falcon that i found on This week in EVE #69.

If the CONCORD aren't using hyper advanced jove technology, merely OP amalgamations of the 4 factions' ships, does this mean, with the right number and combination of ships, the CONCORD could be beaten?
Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#2 - 2015-02-24 04:37:54 UTC
Only by Drifter Battleships
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#3 - 2015-02-24 04:41:57 UTC
Ask the Minmatar how that went.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Zeratul Stark
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#4 - 2015-02-24 04:47:38 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Ask the Minmatar how that went.



If I remember correctly it actually went really well... We just have to wait till CCP allows us to bring dreads and titans into high sec to shut down all of CONCORD.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#5 - 2015-02-24 04:53:24 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Ask the Minmatar how that went.


Amarr Victor, if I recall.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#6 - 2015-02-24 05:16:24 UTC
Legends speak of a time when CONCORD was beatable, and when a CONCORD ship was felled in battle, 2 more arrived to seek vengeance for it.



Also, the legends say nothing about calling them "the CONCORD". Stop that. It annoys them.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Eli Sariah
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-02-24 05:32:11 UTC
Quote:
So i just read a post by CCP Falcon that i found on This week in EVE #69.

If the CONCORD aren't using hyper advanced Jove technology, merely OP amalgamations of the 4 factions' ships, does this mean, with the right number and combination of ships, the CONCORD could be beaten?


Okay, so CONCORD is basically all the Faction ships thrown in a blender and then glued together, with some extra Jova boosts (Insta Teleport, shutting down whole systems, all that super ninja stuff) but it was possible to kill them at one point, and some how they had actually players.. Which confuses me.. But older mechanics and alliteration of the game are too much to completely remember all of it, check out this link: https://zkillboard.com/corporation/1000125/

"A manu dei e tet rimon" - I am the devoted hand of the divine God.

Aiwha
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2015-02-24 05:39:52 UTC
Fun fact.


CONCORD line ships are classed as drones.


Ready the tin foil.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Eli Sariah
Doomheim
#9 - 2015-02-24 05:43:20 UTC
Aiwha wrote:
Fun fact.


CONCORD line ships are classed as drones.


Ready the tin foil.


What.. Have.. You.. Started..

"A manu dei e tet rimon" - I am the devoted hand of the divine God.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#10 - 2015-02-24 05:48:30 UTC
CONCORD ships are beatable. The problem however is that CONCORD is relentless.
Eli Sariah
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-02-24 05:57:03 UTC
Quote:
CONCORD ships are beatable. The problem however is that CONCORD is relentless.


In other words, this:

Local Chat:

awesomeman11 [11:52:52] - Guys! I killed that CONCORD ship, gankers rule!
awesomeman11 [11:53:01] - OMG! THERE EVERYWHER! HELP HELP HELP! 50 CONCORD SHIPS WARPED IN!
awesomeman11 [11:53:45] - So.. I died.. And my Sec Status is -10.00 from 10.00.. So..

"A manu dei e tet rimon" - I am the devoted hand of the divine God.

Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2015-02-24 06:07:01 UTC
Lore wise, here's the way it works.

Top Dog is the Jove, they have the most advanced Tech by far.
Second is Sleepers, though they haven't ever really brought it bare.. They are/were Jove after all.
Drifters likely fall in the Sleeper Category.. maybe even a little weaker as if theories hold true, they left the Jove before the Sleepers did.


After them, are the Empires. While we defeat their forces on gates and in some missions, you should consider any Empire force you encounter to be.. Reservists? Front Line forces are supposed to be a league above any Tech we as Capsulears have been given access to.

Old Sansha also go here. It took a combined 4 Empire force to all but destroy them. They have never recovered to this point again.


Next you have Concord. Concord was in essence made with the Second-Best of all the empires (Not their most advanced tech, but one under) combined with a little Jove.. The reason there being to ensure Concord could never seize the Empires. It would be a PAINFUL battle, but they would lose to the Empires. See - Minm Attack on Concord HQ.. It delayed Concord, but the Minm Fleet was crushed as well. Also just before the Battle of Caldari prime, the Caldari blew away a Concord ship that got too nosy. That was what got Concord to pull out.

After the Empires and Concord we get the current Sansha. Current Sansha are supposed to be stronger than us, weaker than Concord. Due to no pressing threat, no empires want to push into another all out war against them. Empires protest the planets, we expendable peoples fight in their staging areas.

Then it's us, then the Pirate factions.



Now, Can you destroy a Concord ship? Yes, but then more spawn. Can you defend against Concord's main guns? Nope. Even a Titan in Highsec last 30seconds.



In the past Concord was Tankable, but this was a limit of CCP guessing how creative we players could be, It was not design. Evading Concord has most always been an exploit. You should consider any previous events to be more bug, less Lore.

Now Players in Concord Ships, consider them to be the same as the Empire Navies we get to fight. Second rate, advanced tech removed, etc. Sometimes Devs and GM's have flown them.
Zeratul Stark
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#13 - 2015-02-24 06:12:59 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
After them, are the Empires. While we defeat their forces on gates and in some missions, you should consider any Empire force you encounter to be.. Reservists? Front Line forces are supposed to be a league above any Tech we as Capsulears have been given access to..


Where are you getting this? I've never heard that in any of the books... In the books plenty of capsuleers are also in their "Front Line Forces" and get the same ships that we do... There's a reason Empires are becoming terrified of the capsuleers in the lore; they know we're more powerful than them.
Vyl Vit
#14 - 2015-02-24 06:17:49 UTC
We had an edge. We brought a Mastadon filled with duct tape.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
Infinite Pew
#15 - 2015-02-24 07:47:21 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Sniper Smith... you were correct until you reached the Empires and CONCORD.


CONCORD...
- has access to the best tech that all the empires have to offer... meaning they are basically piloting "uber" ships (8 highs, 8 mids, 8 lows, bonuses for all weapon and tanking styles IIRC).
- is the most advanced force in empire space (but still nowhere near Jove level).
- have their own Capsuleer force (in the lore, not one that players can't join).
- try to keep their distance from the politics of the 4 empires and weed out any moles or spies from them (due to the above points).
- CAN be overwhelmed by a sizable enough Empire force (because they are effectively a "small police force"... not an actual military).
- CAN be overwhelmed by a sizable enough Capsuleer force (like MoO did back in the day). But with certain "upgrades" to the interfaces between Capsuleer pods and ships they can "shut us down" remotely (hence, why we can't fight back when we go "criminal").


Then you have the "old" Sansha Empire which...
- was more technologically advanced than each of the empires were at the time (which required them to combine forces).
- existed when CONCORD was still in its infancy (and was thus, fairly impotent).


Then there is the "new" Incursion level Sansha (which are possibly just as strong as the "old" Sansha).


Then you have us... the Capsuleers.
- We literally "become" the ship we are flying and are able to...
----- enhance ship capabilities through focused mental conditioning (skill books)
----- stand toe to toe with fleets of ships controlled through "normal" / traditional means.
- We organize in ways that no empire can do... and much more efficiently.
(NOTE: we were created by our respective empires to be used against the other empires for the above reasons... we are literally the result of a twisted MAD doctrine where each side wanted to have more capsuleers to win their wars... then they "lost control" of us and decided the best option was to create the dystopia we have today... where we prey on each other)


The 4 empires.
- Technologically they are as advanced as Capsuleers... but they keep some "toys" from us to maintain an advantage (like the "orginal" Mark I Titans).
- Anything they can't stand up to ship for ship (like CONCORD or us Capsuleers) they simply overwhelm with numbers (though, this doesn't always work).
- They have their own forces of Capsuleers too... but their numbers are smaller than "freelancers" like us (players).


The Pirate/Merc/Remnant Factions.
- technologically they are no worse than the 4 empires... they just lack...
------ the same infrastructure and economic clout
------ decently trained crews (I imagine they just pick up poor desperate sobs wherever they can get them and just stick them in a ship).
------ any support from friendly forces.
------ military forces anywhere near the same size.
- The "remnant Sansha" that exist in Stain and you see in missions make up this group... along with Serpentis, Guardian Angels, Mordu's Legion, Blood Raiders, EoM, Rogue Drones, Intaki Syndicate, and general mercs.
Anthar Thebess
#16 - 2015-02-24 09:26:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Anthar Thebess
I think that killing Concord = ban.
Except one on the missions Pirate
Ka'Narlist
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#17 - 2015-02-24 10:14:21 UTC
Some guys killed a Concord battleship on SiSi when the titan testing happend with a fleet of around 90 titans by redeeming them in a high sec system.
Nami Kumamato
Perkone
Caldari State
#18 - 2015-02-24 10:26:07 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:

They left the Jove before the Sleepers did.


Citation needed.
We have 0 intel on how the Drifters came to be or when have they split (if at all) from the Jove.
Most are theories.

Fornicate The Constabulary !

CCP Falcon
#19 - 2015-02-24 10:37:49 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
Lore wise, here's the way it works.

Top Dog is the Jove, they have the most advanced Tech by far.
Second is Sleepers, though they haven't ever really brought it bare.. They are/were Jove after all.
Drifters likely fall in the Sleeper Category.. maybe even a little weaker as if theories hold true, they left the Jove before the Sleepers did.


After them, are the Empires. While we defeat their forces on gates and in some missions, you should consider any Empire force you encounter to be.. Reservists? Front Line forces are supposed to be a league above any Tech we as Capsulears have been given access to.

Old Sansha also go here. It took a combined 4 Empire force to all but destroy them. They have never recovered to this point again.


Next you have Concord. Concord was in essence made with the Second-Best of all the empires (Not their most advanced tech, but one under) combined with a little Jove.. The reason there being to ensure Concord could never seize the Empires. It would be a PAINFUL battle, but they would lose to the Empires. See - Minm Attack on Concord HQ.. It delayed Concord, but the Minm Fleet was crushed as well. Also just before the Battle of Caldari prime, the Caldari blew away a Concord ship that got too nosy. That was what got Concord to pull out.

After the Empires and Concord we get the current Sansha. Current Sansha are supposed to be stronger than us, weaker than Concord. Due to no pressing threat, no empires want to push into another all out war against them. Empires protest the planets, we expendable peoples fight in their staging areas.

Then it's us, then the Pirate factions.



Now, Can you destroy a Concord ship? Yes, but then more spawn. Can you defend against Concord's main guns? Nope. Even a Titan in Highsec last 30seconds.



In the past Concord was Tankable, but this was a limit of CCP guessing how creative we players could be, It was not design. Evading Concord has most always been an exploit. You should consider any previous events to be more bug, less Lore.

Now Players in Concord Ships, consider them to be the same as the Empire Navies we get to fight. Second rate, advanced tech removed, etc. Sometimes Devs and GM's have flown them.


Not correct Smile

In terms of classification based on fleet numbers, it would be something like this:


  • CONCORD Assembly - Largest by far, in terms of numbers.
  • Amarr Navy - Massive and sprawling, but aging quite heavily.
  • Federation Navy - Sizeable, and very much up to date.
  • Republic Fleet - Sizeable, maybe 70% or so the size of the Federation Navy, but less maintained.
  • Caldari Navy - Smallest significantly, but incredibly advanced and cutting edge.


There's no public data on the Jove Navy's fleet numbers, so they're not on this list.

In terms of classification based on technology, fleet age and fleet performance per vessel, it would look something like this:


    [*} Jove Navy - We know their tech is hugely advanced, so they get top spot.
  • CONCORD Assembly - they have the ability to keep everyone in check.
  • Caldari Navy - The Caldari Navy's fleet is the youngest and most sophisticated. Average fleet age is less than 20 years.
  • Federation Navy - Very advanced, relying heavily on automation. Reliable and very powerful.
  • Amarr Navy - Aging, with a significant number of its fleet needing updates and refitting.
  • Republic Fleet - Not in as bad shape as the worst of the Amarr Navy, but in need of a breath of fresh life in places.


The Empire forces that are encountered on gates, stations and which are seen in space patrolling and responding to those with negative standings are by no means reservists at all. These are active service vessels within the Navy, or their respective corporation.

Ironically, it's the 4 militias, made up of capsuleers, which were created under the CONCORD Emergency Militia War Powers Act in YC110 that are the "reservists".




CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Hairtrigger
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2015-02-24 11:09:52 UTC
once uopn a time conc were very killable.

a helpfull corp called zombies went to prove this in the old trade hub that was yulai.

many conc were killed, many zombies banned when they told ccp to go forth and procreate when asked to stop the slaughter.

123Next page