These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Please make Captain Quarters bigger

Author
Miner Amarr
No Risk No ISK
#1 - 2015-02-18 13:10:25 UTC
Being claustrophobic I feel uneasy in the Captain Quarters, there is just not enough space! It feels like a tight corridor with not enough lateral movement Sad
I would like windows, the ability to run, and more space inside of it.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#2 - 2015-02-18 14:12:35 UTC
want more space? click on enter hanger problem solved


once ccp is done with the overhaul to structures npc ai corps and sov then the ycan look into CQ
Sal Askiras
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-02-18 14:26:44 UTC
Easy solution: Don't use the captain's quarters. Its an abandoned feature that will probably never be updated again.
Lyra Gerie
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-02-18 15:07:03 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
want more space? click on enter hanger problem solved


once ccp is done with the overhaul to structures npc ai corps and sov then the ycan look into CQ


Technically CCP has overhauled NPC AI. And for the most part they've worked on corps as well. With sov and structure overhauls on the horizon this actually seems like WIS/CQ could get their own overhaul quite soon lol.
Gremoxx
Game of Drones
Valkyrie Alliance
#5 - 2015-02-18 15:13:27 UTC
Shocked

I just want to see behind that "door" Attention
Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#6 - 2015-02-18 16:43:27 UTC
Project Legion (Dust 514 on PC) is way more likely to happen than something like this and at least you will be able to shoot people too.
Eli Apol
Definitely a nullsec alt
#7 - 2015-02-18 16:49:02 UTC
CQ could be the hub between Eve / Legion....choose the left door and end up in a spaceship, choose the right and end up in some bodyarmour :)

but what would I know, I'm just a salvager

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#8 - 2015-02-18 17:21:05 UTC
It's already wasting around 4GB of my hard drive. How much bigger do you want it to be?

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#9 - 2015-02-18 18:06:50 UTC
Miner Amarr wrote:
Being claustrophobic I feel uneasy in the Captain Quarters, there is just not enough space! It feels like a tight corridor with not enough lateral movement Sad
I would like windows, the ability to run, and more space inside of it.

Try undocking. Space is huge!
Jenni Concarnadine
SYNDIC Unlimited
#10 - 2015-02-18 19:08:35 UTC
Sal Askiras wrote:
Easy solution: Don't use the captain's quarters. Its an abandoned feature that will probably never be updated again.


Almost certainly correct.

Does anyone know how much coding it would take to remove CQ from the game (a *lot* of people would vote for this if it were possible) ?
Rendiff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-02-18 19:37:25 UTC
We still have those?
Eldwinn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-02-18 19:40:36 UTC
Miner Amarr wrote:
Being claustrophobic I feel uneasy in the Captain Quarters, there is just not enough space! It feels like a tight corridor with not enough lateral movement Sad
I would like windows, the ability to run, and more space inside of it.


What would be the first thing you do if the space is increased?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#13 - 2015-02-18 21:20:43 UTC
Lyra Gerie wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
want more space? click on enter hanger problem solved


once ccp is done with the overhaul to structures npc ai corps and sov then the ycan look into CQ


Technically CCP has overhauled NPC AI. And for the most part they've worked on corps as well. With sov and structure overhauls on the horizon this actually seems like WIS/CQ could get their own overhaul quite soon lol.

I doubt the are done with AI and this was just one small pass to Corps its not done and we have quite some time b4 they get done with sov and structures so don't hold your breath
Jenshae Chiroptera
#14 - 2015-02-19 03:47:11 UTC
Miner Amarr wrote:
... I would like windows, ...
Did someone say station windows?

Please make Captain Quarters bigger

Please make tools for players to upload graphical content.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Odeva Pawen
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#15 - 2015-02-19 05:13:26 UTC
What I want is for the sound from our custom CQ videos to work.

Overheat Keyboards! Load Rage posts! Prepare for a long, seething, back and forth about irrelevant things!

eug3nio Anninen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2015-02-19 12:56:57 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Miner Amarr wrote:
... I would like windows, ...
Did someone say station windows?

Please make Captain Quarters bigger

Please make tools for players to upload graphical content.


i would like to have windows too .......
and maybe real planets instead of big rendered spheres from eighty coin-up.....

but even if they still update eve.....it's a supeeeeer slow process....

e**ug3n[u]i**o[/u]

Mharius Skjem
Guardians of the Underworld
#17 - 2015-02-19 20:22:42 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
want more space? click on enter hanger problem solved


once ccp is done with the overhaul to structures npc ai corps and sov then the ycan look into CQ



Are you on the board of CCP. I mean you made such a big executive decision then.

A recovering btter vet,  with a fresh toon and a determination to like everything that CCP does to Eve...

Don't take me too seriously though, I like to tease a bit on the forums, but that's only because I love you...