These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Navy Customs avoidance when carrying Combat Boosters - Is it possible?

Author
Mary Killigrew
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2015-02-17 04:36:01 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:
What if smuggling boosters didn't result in the annoying popups or fines, but flagged you as a suspect?


Do eeet, CCP! Pirate
Hevymetal
POT Corp
#22 - 2015-02-17 12:57:41 UTC
Mary Killigrew wrote:
Hi Pirate

I have a very pertinent issue - faction standings loss when carrying Combat Boosters, which are contraband, in high-sec. Now, it isn't always possible to fly a ship with 3 Nanofibs and 3 IS - anything remotely tanky still gets caught by the Customs just as soon as the gate jump is initiated.

So, is there a way to schmuggle Combat Boosters without being discovered? Pirate Haven't tried a Secure Container yet, though I'm certain it won't work.

Regards,

Blink


Fly under the influence, no need to smuggle :)
Mary Killigrew
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2015-02-17 13:03:28 UTC
Hevymetal wrote:
Mary Killigrew wrote:
Hi Pirate

I have a very pertinent issue - faction standings loss when carrying Combat Boosters, which are contraband, in high-sec. Now, it isn't always possible to fly a ship with 3 Nanofibs and 3 IS - anything remotely tanky still gets caught by the Customs just as soon as the gate jump is initiated.

So, is there a way to schmuggle Combat Boosters without being discovered? Pirate Haven't tried a Secure Container yet, though I'm certain it won't work.

Regards,

Blink


Fly under the influence, no need to smuggle :)

By the time you reach the roaming grounds and actually find something, the effect will have evaporated. Cry

But I like your style. Blink
Commander Spurty
#24 - 2015-02-17 13:05:22 UTC
I seem to remember there being 'Smugglers routes' in EVE. Ones that you could follow and would avoid customs and scans.

Did I imagine these?

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Mary Killigrew
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2015-02-17 13:14:43 UTC
Commander Spurty wrote:
I seem to remember there being 'Smugglers routes' in EVE. Ones that you could follow and would avoid customs and scans.

Did I imagine these?


http://www.eveiverse.com/items/smuggler_route_stargate

Doesn't help that the best prices for Strong boosters are in hubs like Amarr. Pirate
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#26 - 2015-02-17 14:21:04 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:
What if smuggling boosters didn't result in the annoying popups or fines, but flagged you as a suspect?


This would make a lot more sense. Then player "police" could sit on gates with customs agents and potentially catch drug runners with insta-locking ships.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

V0LC4N3
eve unbound
Juggernaut.
#27 - 2015-02-17 17:55:47 UTC
Buy your boosters from Es and Whizz and we will deliver them to your lowsec station of choice. Saving you the hassle of running through highsec.

Join the Channel "Narcotics" to speak to one of our agents.
Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-02-17 20:15:36 UTC
Don't buy them in high sec!?!? Is that a statement, exclamation, question, or an epiphany? You decide, don't understand the reasoning that you are so risk adverse and cheap that you must always get them in highsec just because they are in highsec.....they are available in lowsec if someone where to put them on the market, but then again lowsec knuckle draggers are the reason most markets are in highsec Roll.

CCP is the reason there is really no "player" driven economy and market hubs in the backwoods when dudes want wild-west open shoot outs without CONCORD showing up, gate choke point and station mechanics, and dumb idiots who camp them yet some idiots complain to break up highsec to create more content cause of trade hubs....doubt it would even make a difference as they would still be face rolling their keyboards in boredom if Udema where to be .4 Lol to break the routes to Jita and Mos Eisley (hive of scum) local. They still got 4 trade hubs to buy from that are not in lowsec Attention

aka highsec is where the trade is at, where the population is at, and bunch of wow kiddies too afraid to lose something other than a destroyer to CONCORD or another player Shocked cause 7-8 bonused gank guns are so cheap and KMs showing up in +.5 space are like watching a kill streak pop up in a FPS for the short attention players X (the wow kiddies)
Agent Unknown
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#29 - 2015-02-18 02:42:15 UTC
Aqriue wrote:
Don't buy them in high sec!?!? Is that a statement, exclamation, question, or an epiphany? You decide, don't understand the reasoning that you are so risk adverse and cheap that you must always get them in highsec just because they are in highsec.....they are available in lowsec if someone where to put them on the market, but then again lowsec knuckle draggers are the reason most markets are in highsec Roll.

CCP is the reason there is really no "player" driven economy and market hubs in the backwoods when dudes want wild-west open shoot outs without CONCORD showing up, gate choke point and station mechanics, and dumb idiots who camp them yet some idiots complain to break up highsec to create more content cause of trade hubs....doubt it would even make a difference as they would still be face rolling their keyboards in boredom if Udema where to be .4 Lol to break the routes to Jita and Mos Eisley (hive of scum) local. They still got 4 trade hubs to buy from that are not in lowsec Attention

aka highsec is where the trade is at, where the population is at, and bunch of wow kiddies too afraid to lose something other than a destroyer to CONCORD or another player Shocked cause 7-8 bonused gank guns are so cheap and KMs showing up in +.5 space are like watching a kill streak pop up in a FPS for the short attention players X (the wow kiddies)


I see a lot of whining in this post, and I'm all out of cheese and crackers. Damn.
Arronicus
The Untraceable
M A R A K U G A
#30 - 2015-02-18 17:04:34 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
I'm not an expert, but add Customs Drone to your overview and remove Concord, Police, and Faction Navy Drone, and scout the route with an empty ship?

Because they don't have Customs at every single gate, only at certain gates.

Then try to use the autopilot avoidance settings to avoid the star systems with customs; autopilot should plot a different route if one is possible.


The agents have nothing to do with it, the check, scan, etc, is all to do with the gate itself and the security of the system. I have personally been caught on a gate that had no customs agents on it, they just showed up briefly after I told them to suck my nards.
Arronicus
The Untraceable
M A R A K U G A
#31 - 2015-02-18 17:05:49 UTC
Commander Spurty wrote:
I seem to remember there being 'Smugglers routes' in EVE. Ones that you could follow and would avoid customs and scans.

Did I imagine these?


Smuggler stargates were added in nullsec, opening up new connections between regions. Dunno if they ever did them in high too
Toriessian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2015-02-18 19:16:07 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
Older pilots may also have the Blackmarket skill that improves your chances of getting past.. Sadly this isn't available to us modern players :(


This skill never actually worked. Thats why it was removed.

Every day I'm wafflin!

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#33 - 2015-02-18 20:28:11 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:
What if smuggling boosters didn't result in the annoying popups or fines, but flagged you as a suspect?

Top suggestion. Get rid of customs altogether and replace with players.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

maCH'EttE
Perkone
Caldari State
#34 - 2015-02-18 20:46:26 UTC
You are making this way to hard.
Find a trade hub close to your destination, with a lowsec system next to it or a jump away, but all the drugs you want, put it into your cloacky recon/bomber whatever and take low sec route. warp to gate cloaked, jump, warp, cloak.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#35 - 2015-02-19 00:00:40 UTC
V0LC4N3 wrote:
Buy your boosters from Es and Whizz and we will deliver them to your lowsec station of choice. Saving you the hassle of running through highsec.

Join the Channel "Narcotics" to speak to one of our agents.



Now this is what we would call a player solution.


Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Previous page12