These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Nerfs, and the coming of the second shard

First post
Author
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-02-10 20:46:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2015-02-10 20:48:37 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
I report, you decide.

F


If I tell you to HTFU about those change happening, do it means a counter +13?
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#3 - 2015-02-10 20:54:53 UTC
Nerfs. Yes unfortunately. Second shard. Let's just hope not.

Only a slight adjustment needed. The Prospect doesn't have +2 WCS bonus to the hull. Only the Venture does. Prospect has the ability to cloak
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#4 - 2015-02-10 20:55:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Nerfs. Yes unfortunately. Second shard. Let's just hope not.

Only a slight adjustment needed. The Prospect doesn't have +2 WCS bonus to the hull. Only the Venture does. Prospect has the ability to cloak

I think its becoming a de-facto second shard, if not physical

But yep, will update the Prospect notes.

F
Baggo Hammers
#5 - 2015-02-10 21:04:02 UTC
Not physical. This is not like UO. But yes, instead of blurring the lines, the demarcation is becoming stronger.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Miriana 'Trauma' Dallocort
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-02-10 21:06:08 UTC
Seriously, just wtf. Links are all the same. How can one kind of link not go through a pos shield but another link can? Its either they all can or they all cant.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#7 - 2015-02-10 21:15:45 UTC
Miriana 'Trauma' Dallocort wrote:
Seriously, just wtf. Links are all the same. How can one kind of link not go through a pos shield but another link can? Its either they all can or they all cant.

No. Mining links have some superior technology that combat links don't have access to.
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2015-02-10 21:25:18 UTC
Good job.

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Nalia White
Tencus
#9 - 2015-02-10 21:44:11 UTC
well i kind of agree, if they continue this trend they at least have to half all the npc bounties in highsec. risk/reward and such...

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Lena Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2015-02-10 21:55:55 UTC
How does warfare link projection factor in to hisec HTFU, at all? It affects mission and incursion runners just as much, and actually puts MORE ships in the line of potential ganks (or targets in the case of wardecs).

Where's the +1 that is tags for sec status?

Also the +1 that was CCP affirming hyperdunking is legal and overturning the ban?

Likewise missing the +1 for freighters becoming slower in warp and requiring a reduction to their EHP and/or agility in order to maintain the same amount of cargo space.

If -5 was a HTFU nerf then we need a +1 for positive combat/damage changes added by the T3 BC line and destroyer balance changes (go thunder cats!).

-13 is speculative, so I'm sorely tempted to add a bunch of speculative +1's to get us back up to +25 or so.

Hmm... it's almost like you have a biased agenda of some kind.

OK, done feeding the trolls for today.
Alana Charen-Teng
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-02-10 22:03:19 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
I report, you decide.

F


It's nice to have all of this in one place to provide perspective.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#12 - 2015-02-10 22:38:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Lena Lazair wrote:
How does warfare link projection factor in to hisec HTFU, at all? It affects mission and incursion runners just as much, and actually puts MORE ships in the line of potential ganks (or targets in the case of wardecs).

No. You don't put your links alt in a player run Corp.

Links alts are better left in NPC Corps and sit on station in highsec. But you are right. If they aren't providing mining links, they need to be at least at risk.

If they are providing mining links, then they can safely be in a player run Corp no problem and provide links from inside a POS shield.

The Rorqual has been so marginalised now as to be almost pointless, so there's really no need for the mining links to be usable in a POS (not a highsec issue).

Quote:
Where's the +1 that is tags for sec status?

Highsec gankers don't bother with sec status too much to my knowledge.

For me, as a low/null pvper it costs a heap that I'd rather spend on ships and I only maintain sec status >-5 in order to fly logistics (because being instantly engageable for logistics sucks. I prefer the few seconds I have to pull range before gaining a suspect flag for repping someone in fleet).

Quote:
OK, done feeding the trolls for today.

Silly argument. Opinions aren't trolls and different opinions aren't frightening. Reducing every opinion that doesn't agree with your's to being a troll is idiotic.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-02-10 22:41:51 UTC

Feyd, this is good information (I love this kind of stuff) though I wish you would add rough dates for these changes..

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Alana Charen-Teng
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2015-02-10 22:58:47 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:

Feyd, this is good information (I love this kind of stuff) though I wish you would add rough dates for these changes..



Good suggestion. Adding the dates (and expansion names) of each of these changes would be great!

Also:

* CCP declaring boomerang technique illegal
* CCP declaring that dropping corp to avoid wardec is not an exploit
* Allowing Kill Rights to be accessed by other characters/corps, beyond the one who was initially attacked
Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#15 - 2015-02-10 23:07:41 UTC
It's nice that someone is keeping up on what's happening in high sec. Cuz I don't know whattf.
ashley Eoner
#16 - 2015-02-10 23:14:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
Ganking has never been cheaper thanks to the introduction of t2 BCs and the changes to destroyers.


Scipio Artelius wrote:


Links alts are better left in NPC Corps and sit on station in highsec. But you are right. If they aren't providing mining links, they need to be at least at risk.
They are at risk just get a couple buddies and gank them with catas.. Most have no real tank and thus are easily ganked for cheap.


Oh wait you don't want to HTFU you want it handed to you...


I love how global suspect for can flipping is considered a nerf. I thought you wanted pvp? Well that mechanic provides for another avenue...


The links aspect is actually the opposite from theme park direction. Instead of hiding in your POS boosting your pvp ships in null/wh/lowsec you're actually forced to move the booster out where it can be attacked. That's the direct opposite of what you're trying to claim.


ALso as a ganker I don't give a crap about sec status. Why do you? Can't be bothered to buy a few tags? Kill a few rats? too tempted by all them pods?

Half of the stuff listed isn't even contributing to pushing eve towards "hello kittyland";...
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#17 - 2015-02-10 23:24:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
ashley Eoner wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Links alts are better left in NPC Corps and sit on station in highsec. But you are right. If they aren't providing mining links, they need to be at least at risk.
They are at risk just get a couple buddies and gank them with catas.. Most have no real tank and thus are easily ganked for cheap.


Oh wait you don't want to HTFU you want it handed to you...

What? How do you gank something in a POS shield?

Go back and read the discussion. I think you'll find we don't have a different view, but ganking a links alt on a station. Yeah sure.

Since you moved away from subject to personal references. What do I want handed to me exactly?
ashley Eoner
#18 - 2015-02-10 23:26:12 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Links alts are better left in NPC Corps and sit on station in highsec. But you are right. If they aren't providing mining links, they need to be at least at risk.
They are at risk just get a couple buddies and gank them with catas.. Most have no real tank and thus are easily ganked for cheap.


Oh wait you don't want to HTFU you want it handed to you...

What? How do you gank something in a POS shield?

Go back and read the discussion. I think you'll find we don't have a different view, but ganking a links alt on a station. Yeah sure.

Since we've moved away from subject to personal references. What do I want handed to me exactly?

How are you boosting from inside a POS bubble?

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#19 - 2015-02-10 23:27:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
ashley Eoner wrote:
How are you boosting from inside a POS bubble?

Mining links work from inside a POS shield.

Not me personally. I don't boost for mining at all. Not my thing. But can appreciate that others do.
ashley Eoner
#20 - 2015-02-10 23:28:36 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
ashley Eoner wrote:
How are you boosting from inside a POS bubble?

Mining links work from inside a POS shield.

That has no relevance to the graphic or the discussion at hand.
123Next pageLast page