These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

[The Scope] Breaking News: "'Killing Fields' Discovered in Syndicate"

Author
Ladimerre Hollister
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-02-06 00:38:46 UTC
SCOPE NEWS - 2G38-I II, Syndicate
Suspected Ishuk-Raata 'Killing Fields' Discovered in Syndicate

A mass grave-orchard has been discovered on an Ishuk-Raata occupied planet in Syndicate early yesterday evening. Rows of stakes and Kresh trees roughly four years of age have been discovered, each supporting emaciated corpses of unidentified victims. The graveyard is yet another chilling red flag of 'justice' in Syndicate. with Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive's former base of operations located nearby, rumors abound of connections to their loyalty policies. Investigators have suggested it to be the location of 'Kresh Feeding' ceremonies, a practice long since abolished by the Caldari State. Initial death toll has been counted to 233 victims, though identification of individual remains has proven difficult, possibly leaving room for a higher death toll.

Ishuk-Raata has refused to comment on the situation and disavows all knowledge of the site, but Scope deep cover operatives have indicated these mass graves may be the direct result of an internal purge conducted by Internal Affairs Director and capsuleer "Katrina Anya Oniseki". Named the Right Hand of elusive leader and I-RED founder, John Revenent, M. Oniseki has dual citzenship in both the Federation and Caldari State. Known to be eccentric, paranoid, and prone to dangerous outbursts; Ishuk-Raata has a history of officially filed complaints regarding her treatment of non-Caldari in the Directive.

Many bodies lay directly underneath the still hanging corpses of others, without even having been removed from their final resting place. Vermin and carrion birds make it difficult to linger for long among the acrid stench of partially rotted bodies, and not even the slightest suggestion of proper burial rites can be found. While this site appears to have been long abandoned, with the most recent corpses being many months old and most found to have laid there for at least three years, it brings to light questions of conduct for the Caldari capsuleer organization. Is Ishuk-Raata involved? Should criminal charges be filed? What exactly is happening in Syndicate?

This is Ladimerre Hollister, Scope News Placid.

[The Following Addendum Contains Explicit Content. Parental Discretion is Advised.]

Kresh Feeding is a method of torture and execution in keeping with old Raata methods. Hung alive by the left ankle from the strongest branch, victims have their teeth removed and the soles of their feet cut. Disembowelment is conducted on every subject. A clear intent to prevent the natural course of post-mortum cycles by salting the corpses to prevent decomposition is similarly standardized. In this case, some victims are even missing eyes, tongues, or fingers; not considered part of the traditional methods. The bodies were found desecrated and violated, left to rot in the hot humid sun without burial.
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#2 - 2015-02-06 00:46:52 UTC
A-mazing!

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Jaret Victorian
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#3 - 2015-02-06 00:56:14 UTC
Sounds like a horror holo-movie script, do want.
Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#4 - 2015-02-06 00:58:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Makoto Priano
Let me speak frankly, as both DirPR and as an agent of the Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive. To say that this is a terrible attempt at a smear piece is an understatement. Scare quotes around the name of Oniseki-Charantes-haani? A purge conducted by Oniseki-Charantes-haani when the Internal Affairs division didn't even exist? Complaints for racial hatred against a woman who is married to a Gallente?

You can rest assured that both Internal Affairs and an independent board will conduct reviews. Such details as need be made public will be, and such parties as are responsible for this barbaric, regressive act will be punished to the full extent of the law.

The Enforcement Directive has no further comment on this matter.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Jaret Victorian
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#5 - 2015-02-06 01:04:28 UTC
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#6 - 2015-02-06 01:04:30 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
You can rest assured that both Internal Affairs and an independent board will conduct reviews.

Katrina Oniseki

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#7 - 2015-02-06 01:11:16 UTC
What? You're taking this seriously?

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Rinai Vero
Moira.
Villore Accords
#8 - 2015-02-06 01:23:32 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:


You can rest assured that both Internal Affairs and an independent board will conduct reviews. Such details as need be made public will be, and such parties as are responsible for this barbaric, regressive act will be punished to the full extent of the law.



Wait, so something actually did happen here?
Yoshitaka Moromuo
Burning Skies
Apocalypse Now.
#9 - 2015-02-06 01:36:21 UTC
Speaking as a former member of the Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive, I hardly believe that this could have been done by any party that I had directly worked with. Moreover, those whom I have had the pleasure of recently meeting who did not operate with I-RED at the same time that I did give me little reason to believe that they could do so, either.

I stress that the proper thing to do in this instance is to investigate, not draw wild accusations.
John Revenent
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#10 - 2015-02-06 01:36:49 UTC
Rinai Vero wrote:
Wait, so something actually did happen here?


That is doubtful. But nevertheless it is our policy to investigate these matters.

Ishukone Loyalist - Private Contractor

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."

Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#11 - 2015-02-06 01:37:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Makoto Priano
At this point, I don't actually know. However, we are taking this seriously, considering the length of our presence in the JQV5-9 and MK7-AO constellations, the continued presence of Ishuk-Raata orbital infrastructure in the region, and the extensive planet-side development undertaken by a large number of Ishuk-Raata capsuleers.

I should have a research team on site soon.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#12 - 2015-02-06 02:53:27 UTC
Ladimerre Hollister wrote:
... conducted by Internal Affairs Director and capsuleer "Katrina Anya Oniseki". Named the Right Hand of elusive leader and I-RED founder, John Revenent, M. Oniseki has dual citzenship in both the Federation and Caldari State. Known to be eccentric, paranoid, and prone to dangerous outbursts; Ishuk-Raata has a history of officially filed complaints regarding her treatment of non-Caldari in the Directive.

This is the most disgraceful for a State citizen to hold a Federal citizenship as well, especially during a wartime. If this is true (and not another gallentean lie, like Scope and other pro-gallentean things like to spill on Caldari citizens) and can be proven with official documents, I would expect this Ms. Oniseki to commit suicide, because such sort of treason would mean she is basically a no-returner now.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#13 - 2015-02-06 03:03:45 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Let me speak frankly, as both DirPR and as an agent of the Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive. To say that this is a terrible attempt at a smear piece is an understatement. Scare quotes around the name of Oniseki-Charantes-haani? A purge conducted by Oniseki-Charantes-haani when the Internal Affairs division didn't even exist? Complaints for racial hatred against a woman who is married to a Gallente?

As we all know, Makoto Priano is a know honorless liar (https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5150253).
And now this Makoto is trying to slander Ms. Oniseki's name, by claiming she is married to a Gallente.
Such distasteful claim should not come without proofs, and if anyone would like to believe this Makoto, you should ask her first for proofs of such dishonorable marriage.

At least bring a name of that gallentean man, whom Oniseki is married to.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Yoshitaka Moromuo
Burning Skies
Apocalypse Now.
#14 - 2015-02-06 03:13:53 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Ladimerre Hollister wrote:
... conducted by Internal Affairs Director and capsuleer "Katrina Anya Oniseki". Named the Right Hand of elusive leader and I-RED founder, John Revenent, M. Oniseki has dual citzenship in both the Federation and Caldari State. Known to be eccentric, paranoid, and prone to dangerous outbursts; Ishuk-Raata has a history of officially filed complaints regarding her treatment of non-Caldari in the Directive.

This is the most disgraceful for a State citizen to hold a Federal citizenship as well, especially during a wartime. If this is true (and not another gallentean lie, like Scope and other pro-gallentean things like to spill on Caldari citizens) and can be proven with official documents, I would expect this Ms. Oniseki to commit suicide, because such sort of treason would mean she is basically a no-returner now.
On what grounds would you consider that "treason"? Cite your legal sources, please.

Otherwise, let this situation be.
Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#15 - 2015-02-06 03:19:37 UTC
Yoshitaka Moromuo wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Ladimerre Hollister wrote:
... conducted by Internal Affairs Director and capsuleer "Katrina Anya Oniseki". Named the Right Hand of elusive leader and I-RED founder, John Revenent, M. Oniseki has dual citzenship in both the Federation and Caldari State. Known to be eccentric, paranoid, and prone to dangerous outbursts; Ishuk-Raata has a history of officially filed complaints regarding her treatment of non-Caldari in the Directive.

This is the most disgraceful for a State citizen to hold a Federal citizenship as well, especially during a wartime. If this is true (and not another gallentean lie, like Scope and other pro-gallentean things like to spill on Caldari citizens) and can be proven with official documents, I would expect this Ms. Oniseki to commit suicide, because such sort of treason would mean she is basically a no-returner now.
On what grounds would you consider that "treason"? Cite your legal sources, please.

Otherwise, let this situation be.

Citizenship means national homage. Each Caldari citizen is Caldari soldier when mobilized.
If you are a Federal citizen, it means you have homage to the Federation as well, and might defend the Federation instead of the State. It means your loyalty is not the loyalty to the State alone anymore, and you might not make your duty when you have to.

It is a treason, Mr. Moromuo. If you have dual citizenship, whichever side you will defend, you will be a traitor to another.

Denial of defending any of the sides would mean you are traitor to both.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#16 - 2015-02-06 04:15:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Can we just stop to appreciate how Diana is more worried about the whole marriage thing than any of the rest of it?

Thanks, Dee. That's really heartwarmin'.

Katrina Oniseki

Rinai Vero
Moira.
Villore Accords
#17 - 2015-02-06 04:26:53 UTC
I love how variable the definition for "treason" becomes whenever its potential application is to anyone but Tibus Heth.
Luna Hanaya
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2015-02-06 14:55:53 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
Can we just stop to appreciate how Diana is more worried about the whole marriage thing than any of the rest of it?

Thanks, Dee. That's really heartwarmin'.

Has anyone else appreciated it besides you, Ms. Oniseki?
I am starting to think that it is you two who are married.

((

If you are a roleplayer, please join official CCP channels ingame for roleplayers and support roleplaying community:

Intergalactic Summit - IC router

Out of Character - channel for discussion of roleplay, live events and lore

))

KaRa DaVuT
Cutting Edge Incorporated
RAZOR Alliance
#19 - 2015-02-06 15:02:05 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:


It is a treason, Mr. Moromuo. If you have dual citizenship, whichever side you will defend, you will be a traitor to another.

Denial of defending any of the sides would mean you are traitor to both.



I love you when you start blaming people.

How cute....

Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is in your heart and on your mind... And what you decide to do every day, makes you - not your race - a good man - or not.

Utari Onzo
Escalated.
#20 - 2015-02-06 16:38:42 UTC
There's no real concrete evidence apart from unnattributed sources of the journalist to support the theory I-RED commited these crimes. This is sensationalist journalism at its worse.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

12Next page