These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Campain advertisements

First post
Author
Bellak Hark
New Eden Media Organization
#1 - 2015-01-26 02:20:42 UTC
I am slowly working towards creating a news organization that uses pilot submitted videos. If you would like to submit a video campaign ad for or against any candidate I would be happy to put it into the news. I have not set any prices right now so if you act quickly there is a very good chance that your ad will be aired for free. I would like to keep the propaganda videos to around 30 seconds but up to one minute will be aired if the video is well edited, informative and entertaining.

I hope that some of you want to produce political ads and I believe that together we can provide something that is missing from New Eden in the form of a news site that appeals to the many peoples of New Eden and delivers relevant and entertaining content.
Bellak Hark
New Eden Media Organization
#2 - 2015-01-27 05:45:45 UTC
If I was to hold a live debate between three or four candidates what would be some good questions to ask. I have a list of my own but this community is very good at thinking up things that I may not consider. I will add good questions to my list.

The format I was thinking of allows each candidate to have one minute to respond to each question and each candidate would also receive two rebuttals each being 30 seconds. I would give each candidate 30 seconds to introduce themselves at the beginning and then I would ask a question and let them answer withing the allotted time. I would like to keep it around 20 - 30 minutes so I would only ask about six questions.


Is this something that would be interesting and would there be a large enough audience for it to be worth while?
Reaver Glitterstim
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#3 - 2015-01-28 15:01:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
I want to see player-made news start appearing on the billboards and in CQ on the telly.

Bellak Hark wrote:
The format I was thinking of allows each candidate to have one minute to respond to each question and each candidate would also receive two rebuttals each being 30 seconds. I would give each candidate 30 seconds to introduce themselves at the beginning and then I would ask a question and let them answer withing the allotted time. I would like to keep it around 20 - 30 minutes so I would only ask about six questions.


Is this something that would be interesting and would there be a large enough audience for it to be worth while?
If you could put that together well, lots of people would watch it because it'd condense stuff for those of us with a short attention span or just less care about CSM politics. Problem is, there wouldn't be enough time for each candidate to formulate a good response. Perhaps a way to get it done would be to have candidates volunteer to participate in a larger project in which you go step by step through each phase of the interview/debate and give each candidate turns lasting a more significant amount of time with which to come up with a paragraph that can summarize their position in as few words as possible.

You might not have to be too specific about time limits if you can convince the candidates that condensing as much as possible will really aid in viewer retention.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Bellak Hark
New Eden Media Organization
#4 - 2015-01-28 22:40:39 UTC
If you know a way to stream media to the screen in the CQ then I would love to have my channel there.

Do you think a one minute response is too little? Would 1:30 be better? I want to keep it as close to a traditional debate format as possible and part of that includes being able to state their case quickly and coherently. There is nothing set in stone so any suggestions are appreciated.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#5 - 2015-01-29 01:54:05 UTC
Anyone want to make this:
A bear something like this (NSFW?), with red eyes and mascara doing a "King Kong" swatting at destroyers while standing on an asteroid?

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Bellak Hark
New Eden Media Organization
#6 - 2015-01-29 02:27:35 UTC
imgur is blocked at my job but I'll look into it when I get home. Thanks.
Reaver Glitterstim
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#7 - 2015-01-29 02:29:32 UTC
Bellak Hark wrote:
Do you think a one minute response is too little? Would 1:30 be better? I want to keep it as close to a traditional debate format as possible and part of that includes being able to state their case quickly and coherently.

I don't know what's a good time limit but it's probably good to be as flexible as possible. Some candidates will want to go on and on and you'll have to cut them off, but if you do it right, you can give a candidate room to stretch it out a bit where it's most important.

For any better advice, I would ask Two Step. He has a good bit of experience in EVE politics and a fair and balanced viewpoint.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-01-30 05:44:58 UTC
One of the problems with a stylized debate format is that it favours people with english as the primary language and those accustomed with public speaking. While I agree that communication skills are needed in the CSM it is not the same as oratory.

Debates have been done in the past as have subject roundtables such as the ones Declaration of War ran last year. Not a bad idea and good for spotting people who can form a decent argument but not to be considered the only method of determination of the next CSM

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Bellak Hark
New Eden Media Organization
#9 - 2015-01-30 06:11:59 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
One of the problems with a stylized debate format is that it favours people with english as the primary language and those accustomed with public speaking. While I agree that communication skills are needed in the CSM it is not the same as oratory.

Debates have been done in the past as have subject roundtables such as the ones Declaration of War ran last year. Not a bad idea and good for spotting people who can form a decent argument but not to be considered the only method of determination of the next CSM

m



I agree that the language barrier would be a problem and I would gladly give more time to a non-English speaking candidate. More than anything I would just like to have an entertaining segment that would put the CSM out there so that more pilots would see them and more apt to vote.

I agree that a debate isn't the only way or even the best way to determine a candidate but if it helps players become more informed or involved with the game because it is a AV type of media instead of reading forum posts then I would love to try. My goal is to try to have a informative and entertaining channel that players will enjoy watching.

I would love to run an advertisement for you. You have been in the top spots on my voting lists for the past two elections and I don't see it changing for this one. If I were to create an ad and let you view it would you care if I aired it? It would also be fun if you added "This is Mike Azariah and I approve this message" like in American politics.
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-01-30 06:15:56 UTC
Bellak Hark wrote:
Mike Azariah wrote:
One of the problems with a stylized debate format is that it favours people with english as the primary language and those accustomed with public speaking. While I agree that communication skills are needed in the CSM it is not the same as oratory.

Debates have been done in the past as have subject roundtables such as the ones Declaration of War ran last year. Not a bad idea and good for spotting people who can form a decent argument but not to be considered the only method of determination of the next CSM

m



I agree that the language barrier would be a problem and I would gladly give more time to a non-English speaking candidate. More than anything I would just like to have an entertaining segment that would put the CSM out there so that more pilots would see them and more apt to vote.

I agree that a debate isn't the only way or even the best way to determine a candidate but if it helps players become more informed or involved with the game because it is a AV type of media instead of reading forum posts then I would love to try. My goal is to try to have a informative and entertaining channel that players will enjoy watching.

I would love to run an advertisement for you. You have been in the top spots on my voting lists for the past two elections and I don't see it changing for this one. If I were to create an ad and let you view it would you care if I aired it? It would also be fun if you added "This is Mike Azariah and I approve this message" like in American politics.


as long as you don't use subliminals in it . . . I met a guy who researched subliminal advertising, but only for a moment, I think.

I would love to see what you made . . . if it is carebear Fran though, no.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Bellak Hark
New Eden Media Organization
#11 - 2015-01-30 06:28:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Bellak Hark
I am working on it. Hope to have it done soon.

No carebear Fran, not my style. I will try very hard to do something you will like.