These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Jayne for CSMX - ELECTED! - Thank you for your support!

First post First post
Author
Lanctharus Onzo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#101 - 2015-01-24 02:25:10 UTC
Cap Stable Interview:

http://capstable.net/2015/01/24/jayne-fillon/

Executive Editor, CSM Watch || Writer, Co-host of the Cap Stable Podcast || Twitter: @Lanctharus

Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#102 - 2015-01-24 04:22:09 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
*Snip* Removed a reply to a deleted post. ISD Ezwal.


Edit - To stay on topic: Jayne what are your thoughts on the New Player Experience in EVE? What do you think can be improved upon and adjusted to better incentivize players into subscribing etc.?
Jayne Fillon
#103 - 2015-01-24 13:13:24 UTC
Just woke up Hendrick, I'll respond to your questions after breakfast. Seems there is a lot to catch up on. :P

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#104 - 2015-01-24 19:50:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Tora Bushido
Good interview with Capstable. At least the first 3/4.

I liked your NPSI part and .....

... totally disagree on the major of nerfing high-sec. Why, because you do not think about both sides and focus purely on the carebears. High-sec has been ****** up enough the last few years. You're saying you want to remove all war decs from highsec. That's like me saying, I want to remove all NPSI groups from Eve, because they are shooting people who have done nothing to them.

Have you any idea how stupid that sounds ?

Metagaming +1 Pirate

Ps. You've got a new war Blink

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Koz Katral
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#105 - 2015-01-24 20:18:44 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Good interview with Capstable. At least the first 3/4.

I liked your NPSI part and .....

... totally disagree on the major of nerfing high-sec. Why, because you do not think about both sides and focus purely on the carebears. High-sec has been ****** up enough the last few years. You're saying you want to remove all war decs from highsec. That's like me saying, I want to remove all NPSI groups from Eve, because they are shooting people who have done nothing to them.

Have you any idea how stupid that sounds ?

Metagaming +1 Pirate

Ps. You've got a new war Blink


Will you pay for my sec tags so I can fight you? or will you be coming to lowsec?
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#106 - 2015-01-24 20:59:50 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them.

The Rules:
27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Jayne Fillon
#107 - 2015-01-24 21:04:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Jayne Fillon
Tora Bushido wrote:
You're saying you want to remove all war decs from highsec.

That's not representative of what I said in the interview. Wars have their place in highsec, as I stated.

EDIT: On the same note as Koz, if you'd actually like to fight just let me know and I'd love to organize something. It'll have to be in lowsec tho, since the majority of us are pirates and can't even go to highsec in the first place.

That is what wars are about, right? Fights? Blink

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Doomchinchilla
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#108 - 2015-01-24 22:16:15 UTC
I have another question about how you would handle a problem if it was harder or things turned badly. To give some back story when you were in Overload Everything, SASH managed our syndicate moons. When things got tough instead of working with us, you turned tail, sold the moons to Nocturnal Romance and falsely blamed it on a rogue director.

So instead of dealing with the problem, you took the easy way out. Is this representative of how you would act as a CSM rep? Or was it all a con from the start, and it was the long game, with meticulous planning that? Which while dirty (AND EVE related) might be a decent way to present it for your CSM campaign. As having the ability to execute such a difficult plan is almost in line with seeing a plan from start to finish as a CSM rep.


So the tldr is; Are you willing to see difficult problems from start to finish, working with those that are with you, or will you take the easy way out and find a scapegoat?
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#109 - 2015-01-24 22:40:18 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
You're saying you want to remove all war decs from highsec.

That's not representative of what I said in the interview. Wars have their place in highsec, as I stated.

EDIT: On the same note as Koz, if you'd actually like to fight just let me know and I'd love to organize something. It'll have to be in lowsec tho, since the majority of us are pirates and can't even go to highsec in the first place.

That is what wars are about, right? Fights? Blink
And thats exactly my point. You are clueless when it comes to high-sec, but still want to destroy it. How about you stick with something you do know, like the NPSI fleets. That part I did like about your interview, as it was based on facts, not feelings.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Jayne Fillon
#110 - 2015-01-25 00:15:33 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
You're saying you want to remove all war decs from highsec.

That's not representative of what I said in the interview. Wars have their place in highsec, as I stated.

EDIT: On the same note as Koz, if you'd actually like to fight just let me know and I'd love to organize something. It'll have to be in lowsec tho, since the majority of us are pirates and can't even go to highsec in the first place.

That is what wars are about, right? Fights? Blink
And thats exactly my point. You are clueless when it comes to high-sec, but still want to destroy it. How about you stick with something you do know, like the NPSI fleets. That part I did like about your interview, as it was based on facts, not feelings.
Apparently you don't like jokes, but you do liking helping me make my point.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Jayne Fillon
#111 - 2015-01-25 00:39:20 UTC
Doomchinchilla wrote:
When things got tough instead of working with us, you turned tail, sold the moons to Nocturnal Romance and falsely blamed it on a rogue director [...] instead of dealing with the problem, you took the easy way out. Is this representative of how you would act as a CSM rep?
I think there is something very telling about the way you phrase this question. When you say "instead of dealing with the problem," you are referring to the problem as it was defined in game: we were consistently losing fights, and were bleeding towers. The problem - from my perspective - was that the members of my corporation were not enjoying flying with the alliance... and that's putting it nicely. What you see as avoiding "the problem" and taking the easy way out, I see as dealing with our problem in the most immediate way possible - that is, the problem of my corpmates not enjoying the game. I enjoyed flying with OE while it lasted, but my loyalty remains to those who fly with me in SASH.

We were not the first to leave, and you were compensated appropriately. I'm fine with being the scapegoat for the current state of your alliance, but you should temper your disdain.

Doomchinchilla wrote:
So the tldr is; Are you willing to see difficult problems from start to finish, working with those that are with you, or will you take the easy way out and find a scapegoat?
Yes.

Eve is a game that we play to enjoy, and no one is under any obligation to do anything at anytime for anyone.

CSM, on the other hand, is a serious undertaking that was purpose built to solve difficult problems. I'm not running for the CSM because I want trip to Iceland or because I think it will be fun to sit in meetings during my free time. I'm running for the CSM because I truly believe I can make this game better.

CSM members have a responsibility to those who vote for them, and I will fulfil that responsibility.

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

Shey Nabali
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#112 - 2015-01-25 02:15:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Shey Nabali
Doom made me change it. :(
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#113 - 2015-01-25 03:26:01 UTC
Removed an off topic post.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Taris Murkon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#114 - 2015-01-25 05:16:58 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
You're saying you want to remove all war decs from highsec.

That's not representative of what I said in the interview. Wars have their place in highsec, as I stated.

EDIT: On the same note as Koz, if you'd actually like to fight just let me know and I'd love to organize something. It'll have to be in lowsec tho, since the majority of us are pirates and can't even go to highsec in the first place.

That is what wars are about, right? Fights? Blink
And thats exactly my point. You are clueless when it comes to high-sec, but still want to destroy it. How about you stick with something you do know, like the NPSI fleets. That part I did like about your interview, as it was based on facts, not feelings.


Do you think shitting up other candidates threads is the the best way to get elected?
Hair Loss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2015-01-25 06:50:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Hair Loss
I want to preface my questions by saying that I was in SASH for 2 months with Jayne as the CEO. My questions will relate to his actions during this time and how they apply to his CSM candidacy.

While I was in SASH Jayne you were absent for long periods of time, and basically the directors were forced to do much of the day to day running of the corp. If you cannot commit time to running a corp, how can you have time to take on the "second job" that is CSM? Please don't quote some Mittani style delegation response.

Will you be as poor the facts in your statements while you are a member of the CSM? For example - after stealing and selling approximately 13 cadmiums(R32) moons and 1 dyspro(R64) moons do you really consider 5 billion to be "compensated appropriately"?. To hide your theft, that funded your recently acquired titan, you have tried to paint Overload Everything as a dying and bitter alliance. However, DOTLAN (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Overload_Everything) shows that we have recovered in numbers to the same amount before you took SASH from the alliance. This wouldn't be complete without the mandatory killboard post (https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99004536/stats/) showing that our ISK killed and efficiency have both risen sharply without your corp. How can you convince us that in the future you will share true information both with us and with the developers?

What makes you a leader in the community? Other than creating Spectre fleet which you rarely FC (I don't think I've ever seen you FC it, let alone do any leadership with it for that matter) what credentials do you have? After talking in depth about starting a freeport in Nullsec for PVP you sat on your hands and instead Coelomate & co did all the hard work to make a freeport happen. Are you just going to be a talking head on CSM or do you actually have it in you to see a project from start to finish?

Last year you were on the Goons ballot for CSM (#5 I believe). Why did they pick you as their first non-goons (first 4 were in CFC) member on the ballot? What is in it for them? For you? How does your friendship with Nonnak Severin play into this?

You have a poor relationship with a significant number of people you encounter. As a potential voice on CSM, don't you need to be inclusive and (hopefully) even-tempered when dealing with views that may not match your own?
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#116 - 2015-01-25 07:23:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Hendrick Tallardar
Ali Aras was ranked higher than Jayne on the CFC's ballot last year per NoisyGamer, who is rather trustworthy with his statistics and analysis of numbers. She is also not part of the CFC due to being in NOIR. and then Suddenly Spaceships. So, Jayne wasn't the top ranked non-CFC member on the CFC ballot.

His comment with the ranking (the blogspot.com account directs to his blog in case you cared to verify): http://foo-eve.blogspot.hu/2014/05/csm-9-election-review-of-vote.html?showComment=1399819947534#c6752501176041003003
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#117 - 2015-01-25 11:35:06 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Apparently you don't like jokes, but you do liking helping me make my point.
I don't see the humor in destroying a part of Eve. And if you want to make a point, you might want to explain it to the readers, otherwise it's pointless. You are like the baker telling the butcher how to do his work, without even knowing how to handle a knife. Just think about this and you'll understand why I think you are clueless when it's comes to high-sec.

Focus on NPSI, you at least have some experience with that.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#118 - 2015-01-25 11:37:18 UTC
Taris Murkon wrote:
Do you think shitting up other candidates threads is the the best way to get elected?
I am not shitting up someone else's post. I have an opinion and I am not afraid to tell others about it. Just because you do not agree, doesn't make it bad. A good CSM will speak up, even if other's don't agree. If you want someone who will only say, ok ok ok ok , don't vote for me.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Alan Mathison
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#119 - 2015-01-25 14:46:33 UTC
Jayne:

Congratulations on what I consider among the top three interviews so far on Cap Stable. It was good enough that, from not knowing you at all, I've just gone through your whole campaign thread, finishing up with impressive thoughts.

You are well spoken, logical, and you present your ideas well.

Some of those ideas are completely new to me. Before your interview my entire knowledge of the NPSI community was being able to parse the name. Now I can see NPSI as a possible alternative, constructive gaming style that can stand on its own, or be an interesting adjunct to regular corp-style play, enabling you to have your cake and eat it, too.

We very much agree that the Wardec mechanic is broken, and why, although you're the first person I've encountered that I've heard say it. I also loved your thoughts on making wars a part of a narrative, instead of just using a mechanic to randomly shoot people.

While I think your ideas may well benefit the NPSI community, I see them as having a larger scope as well, and could be very interesting in a CSM that will be concentrating on corporations and NullSec.

You are on my high list for voting for CSM-X. I'll probably write a bit later with some specific questions, but, nice job on the interview!

-- Alan Mathison, Explorer & Industrialist, Star Tide Industries

Hair Loss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#120 - 2015-01-25 14:55:20 UTC
Hendrick Tallardar wrote:
Ali Aras was ranked higher than Jayne on the CFC's ballot last year per NoisyGamer, who is rather trustworthy with his statistics and analysis of numbers. She is also not part of the CFC due to being in NOIR. and then Suddenly Spaceships. So, Jayne wasn't the top ranked non-CFC member on the CFC ballot.

His comment with the ranking (the blogspot.com account directs to his blog in case you cared to verify): http://foo-eve.blogspot.hu/2014/05/csm-9-election-review-of-vote.html?showComment=1399819947534#c6752501176041003003


Hendrick at the time Noir was under the employment of CFC. I should have clarified that but to me that point and all the others still stand. Appreciate the fact checking though (no sarcasm).

http://noirmercs.com/content.php?3458-Goblins-Reckoning