These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Wardeccers cost me my corp/alliance membership, need advice

Author
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#101 - 2015-01-14 12:33:26 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Starrakatt wrote:
Join Estel Arador Corp Services to get your Jump Clones, that is what they do, then leave and join back your original corp.
Sorry, we're at war with them too. Oops

@Posadas : Why dont you join the corp Veers is in ? You would fit in perfectly. Pirate


Decent advice...last i recall i smashed marmite during our war and tora wailed about it all over the forums. Well played, sir.
Rez Valintine
The Virus Vault
#102 - 2015-01-14 12:37:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Rez Valintine
Intel reports OP as troll alt.Evil
Posadas
Air
The Initiative.
#103 - 2015-01-14 12:49:28 UTC
Rez Valintine wrote:
Intel reports OP as troll alt.Evil


Whose troll alt do you think I am btw? Just out of curiosity.
Darian Frost
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#104 - 2015-01-14 13:20:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Darian Frost
Posadas wrote:
Dreaded Vengance wrote:





I haven't spent any time here complaining about Marmite Collective - they have my respect. They're a more honest incarnation of the spirit of Eve than the stuff i've heard from you. They did what they do, it's part of the game, it's not their actions I'm bothered by (cos their actions aren't a problem) and it's not losing a ship that I'm bothered by - it's the fact I was put into that position in the first place that annoys me, that I was wrapped up in time-consuming mission grinding, making me a stupidly easy target for wardeccers, as a means to play the game.

You can't expect people to have to do this mission grinding in a game then throw in a feature that makes said mission grinding borderline-impossible. Either change the way in which the missions work, how standings work, or change wardeccing, because the combination of the two in this particular scenario is a nightmare and a real problem, not a figment of my imagination.



How is it I have 500k SP, most likely VAST amounts less than you, and I'm out enjoying the game blowing people up in low-sec after just a week or two, and you someone who has obviously been playing longer are doing something you HATE mission grinding in HS, the polar opposite of the Null PVP that you want.

Pro tip- shut up and play how you want.

As soon as you say, "I/people have to..." I think, "No you don't..." No one from CCP came to your house and held a gun to your head.

I skimmed your post because you're really boring but from what I understand you want to PVP in Null. So why don't you fly down to Null and shoot someone?
Posadas
Air
The Initiative.
#105 - 2015-01-14 13:30:03 UTC
Darian Frost wrote:
Posadas wrote:
Dreaded Vengance wrote:





I haven't spent any time here complaining about Marmite Collective - they have my respect. They're a more honest incarnation of the spirit of Eve than the stuff i've heard from you. They did what they do, it's part of the game, it's not their actions I'm bothered by (cos their actions aren't a problem) and it's not losing a ship that I'm bothered by - it's the fact I was put into that position in the first place that annoys me, that I was wrapped up in time-consuming mission grinding, making me a stupidly easy target for wardeccers, as a means to play the game.

You can't expect people to have to do this mission grinding in a game then throw in a feature that makes said mission grinding borderline-impossible. Either change the way in which the missions work, how standings work, or change wardeccing, because the combination of the two in this particular scenario is a nightmare and a real problem, not a figment of my imagination.



How is it I have 500k SP, most likely VAST amounts less than you, and I'm out enjoying the game blowing people up in low-sec after just a week or two, and you someone who has obviously been playing longer are doing something you HATE mission grinding in HS, the polar opposite of the Null PVP that you want.

Pro tip- shut up and play how you want.

As soon as you say, "I/people have to..." I think, "No you don't..." No one from CCP came to your house and held a gun to your head.


Maybe you're the Eve Messiah? Neo or something?

Darian Frost wrote:
I skimmed your post...


It shows. Maybe you'd be in a better position to answer your first question if you had?
Darian Frost
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2015-01-14 13:46:56 UTC
Posadas wrote:
Darian Frost wrote:
Posadas wrote:
Dreaded Vengance wrote:





I haven't spent any time here complaining about Marmite Collective - they have my respect. They're a more honest incarnation of the spirit of Eve than the stuff i've heard from you. They did what they do, it's part of the game, it's not their actions I'm bothered by (cos their actions aren't a problem) and it's not losing a ship that I'm bothered by - it's the fact I was put into that position in the first place that annoys me, that I was wrapped up in time-consuming mission grinding, making me a stupidly easy target for wardeccers, as a means to play the game.

You can't expect people to have to do this mission grinding in a game then throw in a feature that makes said mission grinding borderline-impossible. Either change the way in which the missions work, how standings work, or change wardeccing, because the combination of the two in this particular scenario is a nightmare and a real problem, not a figment of my imagination.



How is it I have 500k SP, most likely VAST amounts less than you, and I'm out enjoying the game blowing people up in low-sec after just a week or two, and you someone who has obviously been playing longer are doing something you HATE mission grinding in HS, the polar opposite of the Null PVP that you want.

Pro tip- shut up and play how you want.

As soon as you say, "I/people have to..." I think, "No you don't..." No one from CCP came to your house and held a gun to your head.


Maybe you're the Eve Messiah? Neo or something?

Darian Frost wrote:
I skimmed your post...


It shows. Maybe you'd be in a better position to answer your first question if you had?


There I've read your post in full and I'll (try) contain any snide remarks in response.

First off, that corp you were in sounds like trash. I'd look for a new corp, go to the corp recruitment forum and browse around until you find one that will fit what you want to do. In game tool works good too but I feel the forums may be a bit better.

If you need money I can't help you there. I sold a plex. I now have the funding for as many t1 frigates and destroyers I could ever want. Which fits my current SP level and what I enjoy doing in game. If you want to fly blingships, sell multiple plex.

I saw you interested in LS but don't think anyone actually responded to that bit, unless you were trolling your interest in it. Since it's where I am maybe hit me up in game some time and we'll shoot something. No fancy blingship required.

You're no longer in the corp. So wardec gone, you're back in HS missioning. It's like you're back at block 1 but with more SP, just dust off and start over man.

You don't need jump clones to get places btw. I don't have 'em. Just fly to where you want. It can be a PITA some times but that's the thing. There's still the option to not use them. AKA you don't /have/ to do anything.
Posadas
Air
The Initiative.
#107 - 2015-01-14 13:53:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Posadas
Darian Frost wrote:


First off, that corp you were in sounds like trash. I'd look for a new corp, go to the corp recruitment forum and browse around until you find one that will fit what you want to do. In game tool works good too but I feel the forums may be a bit better.

If you need money I can't help you there. I sold a plex. I now have the funding for as many t1 frigates and destroyers I could ever want. Which fits my current SP level and what I enjoy doing in game. If you want to fly blingships, sell multiple plex.

I saw you interested in LS but don't think anyone actually responded to that bit, unless you were trolling your interest in it. Since it's where I am maybe hit me up in game some time and we'll shoot something. No fancy blingship required.

You're no longer in the corp. So wardec gone, you're back in HS missioning. It's like you're back at block 1 but with more SP, just dust off and start over man.

You don't need jump clones to get places btw. I don't have 'em. Just fly to where you want. It can be a PITA some times but that's the thing. There's still the option to not use them. AKA you don't /have/ to do anything.


You're alright, I misjudged you.

I'm honestly not trolling at all, can't blame me for taking the opportunity to argue with self-important angry nerds gallantly riding to defend Eve's honour (like the girlfriend they never had etc etc) gotta get your kicks where you can find 'em in life.

I'm currently liquidating my assetts atm (I have tons of t1 ships insured in hi-sec all over the place doing nothing so I'm turning them into ISK and spreading the wealth like a good communist) then after that I'm gonna have good long break. I still have 6months subs left so once I get the urge to return I'll look you up.

PS I was in a PvP wormhole corp getting silly ISK for doing sites and getting into mad fights with far far more experienced pilots when I was at 500k SP. HTFU lad :D
Fybs
Ex Presidents.
#108 - 2015-01-14 14:04:28 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
Starrakatt wrote:
Join Estel Arador Corp Services to get your Jump Clones, that is what they do, then leave and join back your original corp.
Sorry, we're at war with them too. Oops

@Posadas : Why dont you join the corp Veers is in ? You would fit in perfectly. Pirate


Decent advice...last i recall i smashed marmite during our war and tora wailed about it all over the forums. Well played, sir.


Damn I completely forgot you smashed us!

Can you do me a favour veers and mail me the kills you got and the war reports because iv seemed to have misplaced them?

Don't confuse kindness with weakness.

Beware the hand of Fybs.

Proud CEO of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Valkin Mordirc
#109 - 2015-01-14 14:11:39 UTC
Fybs wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
Starrakatt wrote:
Join Estel Arador Corp Services to get your Jump Clones, that is what they do, then leave and join back your original corp.
Sorry, we're at war with them too. Oops

@Posadas : Why dont you join the corp Veers is in ? You would fit in perfectly. Pirate


Decent advice...last i recall i smashed marmite during our war and tora wailed about it all over the forums. Well played, sir.


Damn I completely forgot you smashed us!

Can you do me a favour veers and mail me the kills you got and the war reports because iv seemed to have misplaced them?



You forgot? God can't you remember when Veer bested ever Merc Alliance/corp/dude-in-a-basement?

He flew around in an Ibis and completely tore everyone apart?

With a cheese grater?

While listening to Queen?

Srrsly Fybs, get with the times.
#DeleteTheWeak
Velicitia
XS Tech
#110 - 2015-01-14 14:50:08 UTC
Posadas wrote:

As for location, just head to diaderi in hi-sec that's where I'm based atm, I'll be roaming around there trying to start trouble so if you see me say hi and we'll have a fight. You never know, I might even win :P



Funny, Locator put you in station in Duripant.

You logged off when I said hi in local. It made me sad.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Posadas
Air
The Initiative.
#111 - 2015-01-14 14:51:12 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
Posadas wrote:

As for location, just head to diaderi in hi-sec that's where I'm based atm, I'll be roaming around there trying to start trouble so if you see me say hi and we'll have a fight. You never know, I might even win :P



Funny, Locator put you in station in Duripant.

You logged off when I said hi in local. It made me sad.


That's where my clone is.

Don't worry I'll be back later :)
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#112 - 2015-01-14 15:04:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Omar Alharazaad
Confirming, he'll fight. We just crossed paths a bit ago.
Honestly I hope you don't give up on this game. It seems a portion of your pissed off self has the right idea. Once you get past the whole loss thing it gets to be a great deal more fun.
And yes, frigates can be a blast. Get used to losing them and you get closer to discovering the true joy of the game.

Edit: And for the love of all that is unholy, do NOT listen to a word Veers tells you. He's a beary bear to the heart and wants us all grinding endlessly for isk in pursuit of what he considers to be fun. His paradise is not a game, it's a second job.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Agent Unknown
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#113 - 2015-01-14 15:40:33 UTC
Your ex-alliance had nullsec space. You don't have to run missions to make money ...there's null-sec PI, ratting (killing NPCs at belts), and many other things.

That said, I haven't run a single mission since moving into null. The only time I would find it required was if I needed to pad my security status so I wouldn't be shot at by the navies (which isn't much of an issue since you can buy tags for security status now). It just sounds like you were in a bad corp and there are hundreds of others to choose from.
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#114 - 2015-01-14 15:51:27 UTC
I think bad corp was the real problem here. Not willing to help and objecting to him helping himself. To make them happy he had to remain sad. To make him happy he had to make them sad. Tried while under wardec and ended up with nobody happy. Well, except the marmite guy who popped him, I'm sure he was very happy.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#115 - 2015-01-14 16:36:31 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Confirming, he'll fight. We just crossed paths a bit ago.


Confirmation accepted. If I'm still on later OP, let's have some fun Smile

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#116 - 2015-01-15 03:27:02 UTC
Fybs wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
Starrakatt wrote:
Join Estel Arador Corp Services to get your Jump Clones, that is what they do, then leave and join back your original corp.
Sorry, we're at war with them too. Oops

@Posadas : Why dont you join the corp Veers is in ? You would fit in perfectly. Pirate


Decent advice...last i recall i smashed marmite during our war and tora wailed about it all over the forums. Well played, sir.


Damn I completely forgot you smashed us!

Can you do me a favour veers and mail me the kills you got and the war reports because iv seemed to have misplaced them?


It was an easy 30-1 victory. Marmite turns out to be a paper tiger.
Zepher Helen Hawat
Malfurion Mining
#117 - 2015-01-15 04:57:55 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Fybs wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
Starrakatt wrote:
Join Estel Arador Corp Services to get your Jump Clones, that is what they do, then leave and join back your original corp.
Sorry, we're at war with them too. Oops

@Posadas : Why dont you join the corp Veers is in ? You would fit in perfectly. Pirate


Decent advice...last i recall i smashed marmite during our war and tora wailed about it all over the forums. Well played, sir.


Damn I completely forgot you smashed us!

Can you do me a favour veers and mail me the kills you got and the war reports because iv seemed to have misplaced them?


It was an easy 30-1 victory. Marmite turns out to be a paper tiger.



How do you come by these numbers? Please break it down for us, or are you just pulling it out of your @#$?
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#118 - 2015-01-15 05:04:14 UTC
Zepher Helen Hawat wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:


It was an easy 30-1 victory. Marmite turns out to be a paper tiger.



How do you come by these numbers? Please break it down for us, or are you just pulling it out of your @#$?


http://www.minerbumping.com/2012/09/experimental-fun-times-corp-wins-its.html
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#119 - 2015-01-15 08:20:59 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Zepher Helen Hawat wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:


It was an easy 30-1 victory. Marmite turns out to be a paper tiger.



How do you come by these numbers? Please break it down for us, or are you just pulling it out of your @#$?


http://www.minerbumping.com/2012/09/experimental-fun-times-corp-wins-its.html


Any numbers from a minor humpin' site are suspect at best.
You've been played, sir.
Hurry and hide your MS Dinosaur CD's now while you still can.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#120 - 2015-01-15 09:31:17 UTC
Am I too late to say aww diddums?

ISD LackOfFaith ~ "Your Catalyst was a hamster, and your Retriever smelt of elderberries"

NPC Forum Alt, because reasons.