These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Announcement From Gorila

First post First post
Author
Concord Guy's Cousin
Doomheim
#41 - 2014-12-25 12:54:22 UTC
Alastair Ormand wrote:
You're disappointed with the real life death threats you're recieveing? I had a CODE pilot fly through my highsec system before with the title, Tear Collector. Now that tells me you're expecting people to react violently when you gank them and from succesful ganks I've seen happen in my mining system, you actively poke fun at the person who dies.
People whose response is to rant and rage inappropriately are made fun of, those that take it on the chin and are good sports rarely, if ever, get ridiculed.

Quote:
Don't try and make the victims of your ganks look like bad people. You've just destroyed something they may have spent hours working for, in a few seconds. What do you expect is going to happen? Not everyone can shrug off something like that.
That is the nature of the game, risk and loss are something Eve is renowned for. Losing the plot because someone ganked your internet spaceship is not an acceptable reason to threaten people in real life.

Quote:
Hell you killing them may even mean they cannot buy the PLEX to continue playing for another month, driving subs away from the game and making our community smaller.
Wat™?

Playing to pay for PLEX so that you can play some more and save $10 has got to be one of the most asinine things I've ever heard of; it turns Eve into a job, an extremely poorly paid one.

Quote:
I can never take a bunch of self obessed bunch of violence inducing fools like CODE seriously.
That's your choice, me I tank my ships and ignore them.

Quote:
Hell even after I provided a reasonable response to a thread CODE was taking part in you guys just started trolling and then wardecced my alliance with unrealistic demands
Awaiting your response.

Alastair.
They don't actually need a reason to wardec your alliance, Concord don't give a damn about reasons as long as they get their money. You merely provided them with an excuse to do so.


ISD LackOfFaith ~ "Your Catalyst was a hamster, and your Retriever smelt of elderberries"

NPC Forum Alt, because reasons.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#42 - 2014-12-25 13:00:11 UTC
Astecus wrote:

If someone makes RL threats, you should have cause to petition them. But you use it as an excuse to hit back instead.


It's cause to do both. Such slime do not belong in the EVE community, and they should be chased away whether CCP is willing to do it or not.

Quote:
Anti-ganking is not about revenge or calling gankers bad things. Anti-ganking is about helping others, not take advantage of others. Anti-ganking is about treating others with respect, as opposed to the disrespectful nature of ganking.


Could have fooled me. I've known no less than a dozen of your members to send me death threats personally.

But hey, those other guys? They shoot people in a videogame, so they're just as bad. Roll

No matter how much you try, you can't conjure up moral equivalency here. You willingly associate with, and provide a haven for people who routinely threaten other people's lives over actions in a videogame.

As far as I'm concerned, until your channel is shut down and all of you scattered to the four winds, all it will ever be is a refuge for slime who shouldn't be allowed to play this game in the first place.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tear Jar
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#43 - 2014-12-25 13:17:36 UTC
Astecus wrote:
I rarely write on forums, but as the creator of Anti-ganking and Gank-Intel, I should now apologize to the general public for allowing Gorila to be a moderator in these channels. There were clues about his true stance, but I ignored them.

It is now clear that Gorila shares one view with virtually all gankers - they don't mind having fun at the expense of someone else's fun. This is purely selfish and is exactly the opposite of what Anti-ganking is all about.

Gorila Vengaza wrote:
Lately my biggest Issue has been the campaign of RL death threats and accusing people of being sociopaths and psychopaths because of how they play a GAME. It’s something I do NOT agree with and have actively campaigned against since day one. It’s a hate campaign Veers is very vocal about and sadly his sentiments have carried over to the AG channels and I’ve seen many embrace it. I’ve sat back and watched the hate and I do NOT approve.

If someone makes RL threats, you should have cause to petition them. But you use it as an excuse to hit back instead. If you believe people spread hate in the channel, you should contact any mod about it like the MOTD says. Or, in your case, be a decent mod yourself. But you seem to prefer to talk about the hate instead of doing something about it. This makes you look quite similar to those you claim to talk about.

Gorila Vengaza wrote:
I do want to say there ARE some good people in Antiganking regardless of the others and if my actions hurt those people I do apologize.

Do these good people include any of the moderators? Because we spent over a year building a block list of around a thousand troublemaking entities, which you wiped clean. Or maybe one of your newly appointed CODE mods did. There is no easy way to rebuild this list. You apologize, but I'm not really convinced you are sorry.



Now, let me elaborate on what Anti-ganking is all about, since there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding this. Anti-ganking as created by me, is about helping people keep their fun when gankers try to steal it. Anti-ganking is not about revenge or calling gankers bad things. Anti-ganking is about helping others, not take advantage of others. Anti-ganking is about treating others with respect, as opposed to the disrespectful nature of ganking.

Many people seem to be claiming that the channel is toxic and full of hate and stuff, and because the channel will stay public, these things simply can't be avoided entirely. As the huge block list would suggest, we do try to do something about disrespectful behaviour. However, if you don't want to contact mods and show us exactly what you think is toxic or hateful, you yourself end up looking like the very people you call toxic or hateful. I think the last mail I got about issues in the channel was back in august... That mail helped us remove a very disrespectful individual, he's still trying to make me pay. So mailing moderators actually works, unless your motives are selfish and you think you have the right to treat others disrespectfully. In that case, you might get banned instead.

It is possible we should lower the bar about the level of disrespectfulness that gets confronted in the channel, don't hesitate to share any thoughts about this. I'm very happy to listen to any constructive criticism, as I'm far from any expert. I have never managed a channel of this size before.

-Aste


Having your blocklist wiped is a favor. Nothing opsec was happening in the channel anyway and it banned people who may have joined your cause. The New Order doesn't ban people from our general discussion channel unless they start shitting it up and we have had no issue. In fact, we end up often converting people to our side. You're welcome.
Omar Alharazaad
Praetorian Cannibals
Cannibal Empire
#44 - 2014-12-25 13:21:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Omar Alharazaad
La Rynx wrote:
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
La Rynx
You are truly inspiring, you know that? You're churlish and relentlessly hostile to levels I've rarely seen before. Even Veers, while wrong minded and stubbornly determined to stand his ground despite being wrong, is still civil more often than not when fighting his hopeless battles. You don't even bother with a pretense of that.

My own playstyle doesn't really touch on ganking, but I think you've inspired me to use the 20 days of second character training CCP gave us for Christmas to train up a catalyst pilot. You know, for reasons.


Bear
Please give your best!
You've got 20 days time to train and test it out...

I think it is funny that now i should be "worse" than Veers.

Back to your catalyst.
I hope you are not disappointed, but i am not against gankers. I despise the bigotry and lies of the Clowns-troupe.
What gets me is, if more experienced guys **** of other players and fish for violent reactions to finaly thow them out of EvE.
If you dislike me for that... well who cares?

CLOWN is full of people trying to f ck others ppls behind the monitor not their alts in game. Thats not playing EvE thats using EvE as a griefing tool. And thats not the meaning of the EvE sandbox.

PS:
I have been hinted by a codie, that not everything about gorila might be "true".


I don't really know where to start. I've apparently missed my mark. The thing is, I rabidly disagree with Veers... I mean 'foaming at the mouth and eat your face off' rabidly. However, while his diatribes merit vehement opposition, bolstered with the pod goo of innocents, even at his most vapid and annoying moments he's still civil. Your opposition of CODE. has been nothing short of toxic over the last months and to be blunt, has inspired more distaste in me than what I felt when I was still mining and first encountered them.

It's not that you oppose them, I can understand that. It's how you comport yourself while doing so. Your posting has embodied every bit of nastiness that others accuse them of if not even more. Perhaps, like them, it's a cultivated thing designed to enrage your target audience. If this is the case you might wish to modify your approach, as it's not just them that you're offending. By being indiscriminate you are creating sympathy for them instead of alienating them and coming across as a complete ****.

You may not care that you offend me, that's fine. I mean, after all you are a 'dedicated forum main', who has nothing to fear in regards to repercussions within the game for your actions. I personally find this craven, as I've always been a 'put your assets where your mouth is' kind of guy. Just maybe try for a second to show an ounce of respect for those you consider your foes. They compel you to put forth this much effort, so you would think they deserve at least this much.

-Omar

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Black Pedro
Mine.
#45 - 2014-12-25 14:12:34 UTC
Tear Jar wrote:

Having your blocklist wiped is a favor. Nothing opsec was happening in the channel anyway and it banned people who may have joined your cause. The New Order doesn't ban people from our general discussion channel unless they start shitting it up and we have had no issue. In fact, we end up often converting people to our side. You're welcome.

Not only that. The ban list is completely futile for opsec as the entire content of the channel appears in near real-time here:

http://evelocal.com/Anti-ganking

Seems like you could start rebuilding it by banning some of the more venomous talk that has gone on in the last 24h since the old one was wiped:

http://evelocal.com/talk/206616867
http://evelocal.com/talk/206610836
http://evelocal.com/talk/206635467
RubberDuckey
Bergmann Imperial Foundation
Bergmann Empire
#46 - 2014-12-25 14:38:08 UTC
Gorila is a double agent. Just wait he switched sides to try and take down CODE from the inside. Just putting this here so when it happens.
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#47 - 2014-12-25 14:46:46 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:

I don't really know where to start. I've apparently missed my mark. The thing is, I rabidly disagree with Veers... I mean 'foaming at the mouth and eat your face off' rabidly. However, while his diatribes merit vehement opposition, bolstered with the pod goo of innocents, even at his most vapid and annoying moments he's still civil. Your opposition of CODE. has been nothing short of toxic over the last months and to be blunt, has inspired more distaste in me than what I felt when I was still mining and first encountered them.


That might happen.
mea culpa.

Omar Alharazaad wrote:

It's not that you oppose them, I can understand that. It's how you comport yourself while doing so. Your posting has embodied every bit of nastiness that others accuse them of if not even more. Perhaps, like them, it's a cultivated thing designed to enrage your target audience. If this is the case you might wish to modify your approach, as it's not just them that you're offending. By being indiscriminate you are creating sympathy for them instead of alienating them and coming across as a complete ****.

Smile
Thank for you honest opinion, i will think that over.
Yes, the posts where nasty, they where intended to be nasty.
Was that wise?
No!

Omar Alharazaad wrote:

You may not care that you offend me, that's fine. I mean, after all you are a 'dedicated forum main', who has nothing to fear in regards to repercussions within the game for your actions. I personally find this craven, as I've always been a 'put your assets where your mouth is' kind of guy. Just maybe try for a second to show an ounce of respect for those you consider your foes. They compel you to put forth this much effort, so you would think they deserve at least this much.

-Omar


Well there is the problem, codies have as many alts as they have catalysts. I do not have such amounts. I can not use one of my indus, since they are part of corps and alliances and i do not want and can not speak for.
Is it craven? You might say so. I say i protect my business and i avoid being an easy target.

For the respect part:
certain guys i am talking of, are disprespecting other humans (not the alts they are playing) and create a lot of hate. Not just in game, they try to reach out to really **** of other humans. Just right now i have a hard time trying to respect them. I just can not.

If it helps:
I feel a little ashamed, that my chars are not skilled enough in fitting, to give it to them in game.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Alana Charen-Teng
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2014-12-25 16:28:02 UTC
Thanks for posting your thoughts, Gorila. Was a good read.
Jennifer en Marland
Shiny Violent Killing Toys
#49 - 2014-12-25 17:05:36 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
I usually avoid the forums like the plague that they are Blink but I feel that some of the posts in this thread need an answer

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:


Could have fooled me. I've known no less than a dozen of your members to send me death threats personally.

But hey, those other guys? They shoot people in a videogame, so they're just as bad. Roll

No matter how much you try, you can't conjure up moral equivalency here. You willingly associate with, and provide a haven for people who routinely threaten other people's lives over actions in a videogame.

As far as I'm concerned, until your channel is shut down and all of you scattered to the four winds, all it will ever be is a refuge for slime who shouldn't be allowed to play this game in the first place.


I'm one of the mods in Anti-Ganking and Gank-Intel. If people from our channel have sent you death threats, send me their names along with what they said and I'll personally permaban them from both channels. We do NOT tolerate RL death threats, we do NOT willingly associate with the people responsible, and we do NOT 'provide a haven' for them. If toxic people are still in the channel, its because they havent exposed themselves as such in public, or no-one has reported them to channel mods. I can't emphasise enough that we hate this stuff as much as the next player, and we will ban them if we find out about it.

However, if people who you know are in AG are sending you death threats in private communications, you cant expect us to telepathically figure out that they've done it. So if you want something done about it, then tell us about it, and we'll ban them.

Also, you seem to assume that everyone in AG is the same, that we are all 'slime'. You cant stereotype a channel of 300+ people based on a minority. Most people in channel are, to be honest, either gank victims who want help, ganker alts spying on the channel, or random lurkers who've probably forgotten they're even in the channel. Saying that everyone in the channel is death-threat-sending scum just because of a hateful minority, is just as ignorant and invalid as any other stereotype.

Removed a snipped post. -ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Tear Jar wrote:
Having your blocklist wiped is a favor. Nothing opsec was happening in the channel anyway and it banned people who may have joined your cause.


Except that the ban list included people who were banned for being toxic...so these people that CODE. hate, who have gone too far in their attacks on gankers, who we've weeded out of the channel...you potentially let them back in.

Black Pedro wrote:
Seems like you could start rebuilding it by banning some of the more venomous talk that has gone on in the last 24h since the old one was wiped:

http://evelocal.com/talk/206616867
http://evelocal.com/talk/206610836
http://evelocal.com/talk/206635467


SO...JTClone Ares said an admittedly offensive word, then immediately apologised. Another guy I've never seen before was too rude about loyalanon, and 2 people went to some lengths to tell him to stop being a douche. And then someone else I've never seen before started being a d-bag, I told him to stop, and I'm still toying with the idea of banning him anyway.

And in 24 hours of chat, in a public channel of over 300 people, with hundreds of messages being written everyday, you found 3 sentences that were offensive? When you can probably hear much worse in any fleet comms? And gankers say the entire channel is rotten? Give me a break.




Like Astecus said, Gorila was a channel mod, so if as he claims he felt there was too much toxicity, he had a chance to do something about it, and didn't. Well Gorila may have left, but the rest of us will continue to get rid of unpleasant people and keep striving to make the community better.

Army of dolls stole all your perfect imperfections.

Solonius Rex
F0RCED ENTRY
Negligent. Discharge.
#50 - 2014-12-25 17:12:21 UTC
Astecus wrote:
I rarely write on forums, but as the creator of Anti-ganking and Gank-Intel, I should now apologize to the general public for allowing Gorila to be a moderator in these channels. There were clues about his true stance, but I ignored them.

It is now clear that Gorila shares one view with virtually all gankers - they don't mind having fun at the expense of someone else's fun. This is purely selfish and is exactly the opposite of what Anti-ganking is all about.

Gorila Vengaza wrote:
Lately my biggest Issue has been the campaign of RL death threats and accusing people of being sociopaths and psychopaths because of how they play a GAME. It’s something I do NOT agree with and have actively campaigned against since day one. It’s a hate campaign Veers is very vocal about and sadly his sentiments have carried over to the AG channels and I’ve seen many embrace it. I’ve sat back and watched the hate and I do NOT approve.

If someone makes RL threats, you should have cause to petition them. But you use it as an excuse to hit back instead. If you believe people spread hate in the channel, you should contact any mod about it like the MOTD says. Or, in your case, be a decent mod yourself. But you seem to prefer to talk about the hate instead of doing something about it. This makes you look quite similar to those you claim to talk about.

Gorila Vengaza wrote:
I do want to say there ARE some good people in Antiganking regardless of the others and if my actions hurt those people I do apologize.

Do these good people include any of the moderators? Because we spent over a year building a block list of around a thousand troublemaking entities, which you wiped clean. Or maybe one of your newly appointed CODE mods did. There is no easy way to rebuild this list. You apologize, but I'm not really convinced you are sorry.



Now, let me elaborate on what Anti-ganking is all about, since there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding this. Anti-ganking as created by me, is about helping people keep their fun when gankers try to steal it. Anti-ganking is not about revenge or calling gankers bad things. Anti-ganking is about helping others, not take advantage of others. Anti-ganking is about treating others with respect, as opposed to the disrespectful nature of ganking.

Many people seem to be claiming that the channel is toxic and full of hate and stuff, and because the channel will stay public, these things simply can't be avoided entirely. As the huge block list would suggest, we do try to do something about disrespectful behaviour. However, if you don't want to contact mods and show us exactly what you think is toxic or hateful, you yourself end up looking like the very people you call toxic or hateful. I think the last mail I got about issues in the channel was back in august... That mail helped us remove a very disrespectful individual, he's still trying to make me pay. So mailing moderators actually works, unless your motives are selfish and you think you have the right to treat others disrespectfully. In that case, you might get banned instead.

It is possible we should lower the bar about the level of disrespectfulness that gets confronted in the channel, don't hesitate to share any thoughts about this. I'm very happy to listen to any constructive criticism, as I'm far from any expert. I have never managed a channel of this size before.

-Aste


I visited the anti-ganking channel yesterday at the behest of my friend who is apart of it. Although im a supporter of Code in the same way that I am a supporter of Anti-ganking, as they both provide content and fun, and ive certainly sent isk to both causes, despite the fact that I thought we had a nice, interesting discussion last night, I am now banned from that channel.

Anyone who wants the full chatlog is welcomed to ask, and i will give them a copy, but I dont consider New players who leave rookie systems to explore new eden in its fullest, as off limits for greifing, ganking or scamming, nor do I consider some types of ships and some types of ganks as off limits. I also dont consider the mechanics for suicide ganking as neither broken nor easy(ive been a part of a failed suicide gank before, and it wasnt as easy as we thought it would be). For this simple disagreement, i was called a code alt or code shill, even though my corp mates have suffered from the hands of Code before, and have even participated in killing code more than once.

Interestingly enough, it was Capt Lynch who defended me from people who accused me of being code shills and calling for my ban/kick from the channel.

These people seem to be the problem with AG. The fact that someone has no problem with the game mechanics, doesnt mean they dont acknowledge that what Code is doing is an *******-ish thing to do, or that they are a part of Code itself.(BTW, being an ******* is terribly fun, i loved the vid of Serenity Now crashing the in-game funeral in WoW, one of my favorite vids, but its still being an *******) And going around accusing people of being Code alts(And therefore should be kicked/banned), just because they disagree with you, is unproductive.

Solonius Rex
F0RCED ENTRY
Negligent. Discharge.
#51 - 2014-12-25 17:16:16 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
Jennifer en Marland wrote:
I usually avoid the forums like the plague that they are Blink but I feel that some of the posts in this thread need an answer

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:


Could have fooled me. I've known no less than a dozen of your members to send me death threats personally.

But hey, those other guys? They shoot people in a videogame, so they're just as bad. Roll

No matter how much you try, you can't conjure up moral equivalency here. You willingly associate with, and provide a haven for people who routinely threaten other people's lives over actions in a videogame.

As far as I'm concerned, until your channel is shut down and all of you scattered to the four winds, all it will ever be is a refuge for slime who shouldn't be allowed to play this game in the first place.


I'm one of the mods in Anti-Ganking and Gank-Intel. If people from our channel have sent you death threats, send me their names along with what they said and I'll personally permaban them from both channels. We do NOT tolerate RL death threats, we do NOT willingly associate with the people responsible, and we do NOT 'provide a haven' for them. If toxic people are still in the channel, its because they havent exposed themselves as such in public, or no-one has reported them to channel mods. I can't emphasise enough that we hate this stuff as much as the next player, and we will ban them if we find out about it.

However, if people who you know are in AG are sending you death threats in private communications, you cant expect us to telepathically figure out that they've done it. So if you want something done about it, then tell us about it, and we'll ban them.

Also, you seem to assume that everyone in AG is the same, that we are all 'slime'. You cant stereotype a channel of 300+ people based on a minority. Most people in channel are, to be honest, either gank victims who want help, ganker alts spying on the channel, or random lurkers who've probably forgotten they're even in the channel. Saying that everyone in the channel is death-threat-sending scum just because of a hateful minority, is just as ignorant and invalid as any other stereotype.

Removed an off topic post. -ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

No idea if this perosn has ever been in AG, but I've banned them anyway.

Tear Jar wrote:
Having your blocklist wiped is a favor. Nothing opsec was happening in the channel anyway and it banned people who may have joined your cause.


Except that the ban list included people who were banned for being toxic...so these people that CODE. hate, who have gone too far in their attacks on gankers, who we've weeded out of the channel...you potentially let them back in.



Like Astecus said, Gorila was a channel mod, so if as he claims he felt there was too much toxicity, he had a chance to do something about it, and didn't. Well Gorila may have left, but the rest of us will continue to get rid of unpleasant people and keep striving to make the community better.


I didnt think our discussion was unpleasant, but i was banned anyways. :(
Tear Jar
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#52 - 2014-12-25 17:34:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Tear Jar
RubberDuckey wrote:
Gorila is a double agent. Just wait he switched sides to try and take down CODE from the inside. Just putting this here so when it happens.


Double agents are fine so long as they gank or bump.
Lady Areola Fappington
#53 - 2014-12-25 17:41:51 UTC
Mag's wrote:
People who call for RL violence against other players over game play, do not have any place in the gaming community. They are bad and trying to turn it around and justify their behaviour, only places you in their camp.

Twisted moral high ground dwellers, should be treated with the contempt they deserve.



Hit the nail on the head as always, Mag's. I don't care what you do in Eve, there is absolutely no excuse for real life threats, insults, or anything of that nature. Full stop. No "buts", no extenuating circumstances, no "I was just mad cuz I got ganked".

If you resort to those sorts of threats, be them racist, sexist, homophobic, real life wishes for death and harm, you are not a member of the Eve community. You are a scumbag, pure and simple. Being a "good guy" in Eve doesn't give you permission to be vile and disgusting towards the "bad guys".


7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#54 - 2014-12-25 17:57:54 UTC
Removed an off topic post. Please keep it on topic and civil. Thank you.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#55 - 2014-12-25 20:29:28 UTC
Solonius Rex wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:


As far as "not being safe" or "having fun," consider the real life equivalent of CODE. Someone goes to a beach and spends hours constructing a beautiful sandcastle. A second person arrives and promptly destroys said sandcastle to elicit rage and tears. Guy 2 is having a lot more fun, and demonstrating that sand on the beach is a public good that cannot be acquired. So what? Guy 2 is still a miserable person with no sense of morality or decency. That you have the right to do something does not make it the right thing to do.

I would rather cast my lot with those who play the game to find constructive enjoyment in it, and not simply take pleasure from the rage and tears of others. Highsec suicide ganking contributes virtually nothing to the game. Enough said.


Isnt this no different than walking across a beach, admiring the view, when some guy runs up and shoots you in the head? Surely that is an immoral, indecent thing to do, but yet this happens all the time in video games. It doesnt matter if you play Call of Duty for the graphics, if you join a multiplayer game, you will still be shot in the head by another player.

Is it a psychopathic, evil, immoral, indecent thing to shoot someone in the head, just because they are not on your team, in real life? Yes. Is it wrong to do it in a video game that is designed so that you are not only allowed to, but encouraged to do so? Of course not.

Video games are not real life. You dont go up to people and shoot them in real life. You dont grief and scam people in real life. And yet, this is all perfectly acceptable in video games, where the game is designed to accommodate this sort of behavior.

If you suck at a video game, or dont like an aspect, of course youre going to be miserable. The guy who always goes 0-30-0 in Dota 2 and loses his matches, will be miserable. Clearly this game isnt for him. If you cant handle a scam, if you cant handle a loss, if you cant handle a gank, this game is not for you. If you want to play a game where your ship will never be destroyed, your assets never taken away, Maybe Star Trek Online would be better suited for you.



Not an apt comparison. Suicide ganking is a criminal act and explicitly illegal. It's not comparable to perfectly legal violent acts in other games. Not to mention that in other games dying carries few consequences. In eve a suicide gank can destroy months worth of hard work.
Sarah Flynt
Red Cross Mercenaries
Silent Infinity
#56 - 2014-12-25 20:35:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah Flynt
Black Pedro wrote:
The ban list is completely futile for opsec as the entire content of the channel appears in near real-time here:

http://evelocal.com/Anti-ganking

The ban list is neither about opsec nor about preventing people from reading the channel, it never was. It's about preventing people from writing in it. How it looks like when the banlist doesn't exist was demonstrated impressively last night.

Btw: Astecus himself asked Chribba to include both channels on evelocal.com who in turn was so nice to add them. You're welcome.

Sick of High-Sec gankers? Join the public channel Anti-ganking and the dedicated intel channel Gank-Intel !

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#57 - 2014-12-25 20:47:39 UTC
Sarah Flynt wrote:
Black Pedro wrote:
The ban list is completely futile for opsec as the entire content of the channel appears in near real-time here:

http://evelocal.com/Anti-ganking

The ban list is neither about opsec nor about preventing people from reading the channel, it never was. It's about preventing people from writing in it. How it looks like when the banlist doesn't exist was demonstrated impressively last night.

Btw: Astecus himself asked Chribba to include both channels on evelocal.com who in turn was so nice to add them. You're welcome.

You and Jenn should post more often. You two make a good face for your community. Also, I think someone claimed earlier that Gorila left because of the toxicity in the channel. I'll ask him to confirm this, but I think it was more the rampant stupidity from the group of people that claim that in game actions have real life moral ramifications, and frustration in dealing with the very large group of people who sit in the AG channel complaining about gankers while taking no steps to actually fight against them. The ironic part for me is that all of this happened when I was considering taking a break from CODE. to be more active on my AG character and see if I could work some new strategies against ganking. It looks like that won't be happening now.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#58 - 2014-12-25 21:05:33 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Sarah Flynt wrote:
Black Pedro wrote:
The ban list is completely futile for opsec as the entire content of the channel appears in near real-time here:

http://evelocal.com/Anti-ganking

The ban list is neither about opsec nor about preventing people from reading the channel, it never was. It's about preventing people from writing in it. How it looks like when the banlist doesn't exist was demonstrated impressively last night.

Btw: Astecus himself asked Chribba to include both channels on evelocal.com who in turn was so nice to add them. You're welcome.

You and Jenn should post more often. You two make a good face for your community. Also, I think someone claimed earlier that Gorila left because of the toxicity in the channel. I'll ask him to confirm this, but I think it was more the rampant stupidity from the group of people that claim that in game actions have real life moral ramifications, and frustration in dealing with the very large group of people who sit in the AG channel complaining about gankers while taking no steps to actually fight against them. The ironic part for me is that all of this happened when I was considering taking a break from CODE. to be more active on my AG character and see if I could work some new strategies against ganking. It looks like that won't be happening now.


Actually from what I gather through my interactions with Gorila his anger stemmed from the fact that people weren't interested in actively trying to engage CODE in highsec, even though the mechanics overwhelmingly favor the suicide gankers. A lot of people (myself included) are not looking for PvP spaceship combat in highsec...and if the game truly did revolve around that, would find something else to do. Gorila was bothered by these people disapproving of CODE and the concomitant tear and rage "harvesting" (think bonus rooms!), but choosing to express such disdain through reasoned discourage rather than actually engaging in combat (which would of course be a victory for CODE). My attempts to explain this to Gorila were met with increasing frustration and anger, culminating in his ultimately joining the forces of evil, and immaturely deleting the block list for the AG channel. It's one thing to analyze the situation and decide to switch sides, it's quite another to jam a knife in the back of your erstwhile allies. That really is a petty move, and I would express my strong disapproval of it.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#59 - 2014-12-25 21:25:50 UTC
So basically Veers, he got tired of you guys being a bunch of "colloquial word for female cats", and decided to actually play the game instead of sitting around having a big old circlejerk about how awesome it is to be the victim while actively not playing the game?

Color me freaking shocked.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#60 - 2014-12-25 21:47:36 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
So basically Veers, he got tired of you guys being a bunch of "colloquial word for female cats", and decided to actually play the game instead of sitting around having a big old circlejerk about how awesome it is to be the victim while actively not playing the game?

Color me freaking shocked.


Uhmm...ya....in the real world what happened is that Gorila repeatedly led anti-freighter ganking fleets with an under 1% "success" rate, which specialized in whoring on CONCORD killmails and getting mocked relentlessly by Code. He was then shocked when more folks didn't volunteer for duty. At some point he realized that losing every single day just isn't fun, so he joined CODE. Of course the real winners are people like me who refuse to engage with griefers, and happily continue our PvE isk accumulating gameplay, unaffected by CODE.