These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Thera turned into usual low/null docking/camping games.

First post
Author
Mara Kell
Herrscher der Zeit
Pandemic Horde
#61 - 2014-12-13 14:37:35 UTC
Uhh ok sorry then, lot less of a bottleneck then. Havent been there and not planning to do so, i was just reading in the forums and sounded like 1.
Senyu Takashi
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#62 - 2014-12-13 14:58:38 UTC
Aiyshimin wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

No, low sec offers a difference based on the use of pods with very expensive implants, you would ruin the different style of combat that people get from that.


"Very expensive implants" don't create any new styles of combat, they are very simple buffs to basic attributes. They are only meaningful in situations where you can utilize them combined with OGBs, against players without implants and OGBs, gaining you easy wins based merely on the massive difference in stats.

While this type of HEROPWNAGELOLSCRUB might attract certain personalities, it's not really player skill-based combat and as such not worth preserving.

Im not sure what has player skill-based combat to do with bubbles.

Im fine when someone goes through the effort of targeting my ship, then using a point or two and maybe a web to keep me in place and kill me.
Howewer the instant "push button - stop all traffic in the entire gate connection/station" is really dumb in my opinion. At least add various warp scramble strenght or only a chance of scrambling a ship instead of an instant no-warp zone.
BrundleMeth
Black Parrot
Sylvanas Super mercenary
#63 - 2014-12-13 15:33:28 UTC
I want to see many many more bubbles in EVE.

But not Warp Bubbles...I want to see SOAP Bubbles....You shoot them from bubble launchers and when thy hit, they kill all the dirty dirty players...
Syn Shi
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#64 - 2014-12-13 15:51:55 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Well as a wormholler I had high hopes for Thera.

But it turns out it turned into the usual docking games and high-sec hole-camping faggotry.

People either fight at zero on the high holes, or play docking games.

Noone even thinks of camping true w-w connections - too dangerous and scary, who knows what could be on the other side! Wimps.

I am disappointed. Thera is a null/low playground after all. True wormholes are better.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#65 - 2014-12-13 15:53:47 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
Rain6637 wrote:
say it with me:

to happen, Thera needs one of these things:

massive PVE income
default warpable holes on both sides
CONCORD


Or zero broker fees and transaction taxes.



A step into the right direction, but if we really want to see Thera growing into an independent, Moss Isley style hub, not far enough.
Since it's all about risk/reward and the risk should be widely known by now, there should be rewards big enough that people will still commit to supplying Thera.
How about something like this: The game automatically tracks every market order for Thera. Each months the top 20 (or 30, or 50 or whatever) sellers automatically get a new title "Thera Trade Council" or something like that.
Both broker fees and transaction tax income in Thera will be evenly distributed amongst all Trade Council members- that means the top suppliers will earn a share of every single trade in Thera.
Give council members other benefits for all I care, like having their own private subforum on the Eve-O forums or being able to see the names of all sellers/buyers in the market interface.
Just make it worth it.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#66 - 2014-12-13 16:10:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Sol Project
I am actually quite sure that CCP will introduce a very good reason why people will want to live in HATER.
It also makes sense that they did not introduce HATER alongside said reason,
because the first weeks it'll be a slaughterhouse anyway.

You lot aren't really thinking long term and your short sighted ideas
probably would ruin more than help.

So far, the only smart idea came from Rain.
Have noobships being equipped with probe launchers.

Now stop being wise asses, go there instead and clean house.

The only reason why there are station camping fags,
is because people rather whine than trying to change the status quo.

Sounds familiar, ey?

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Rahmiro
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#67 - 2014-12-13 16:23:17 UTC
For what it's worth, I was in Thera yesterday for the 1st time and found that the stations were camp free. Warped about in an interceptor, docked, walked in station What?, tried on some of the new clothes from the Nex Store, checked out the market, undocked and went home.
Lot's of combat probes on scan, some wrecks, etc. I really believe I could have scouted an orca in (can orca enter Thera idk) and seeded the market with some fuel blocks or something.
Maybe it was just the timing, idk. Would go again.

I never seen these people in my life. I don't recognize them Your Honor

Mario Putzo
#68 - 2014-12-13 16:25:59 UTC
The only reason to go to Thera is to PVP or to stage for PVP. If you want to PVE and make money in WH space Thera is not the right location for you.
Syn Shi
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#69 - 2014-12-13 16:37:54 UTC
Sol Project wrote:
I am actually quite sure that CCP will introduce a very good reason why people will want to live in HATER.
It also makes sense that they did not introduce HATER alongside said reason,
because the first weeks it'll be a slaughterhouse anyway.

You lot aren't really thinking long term and your short sighted ideas
probably would ruin more than help.

So far, the only smart idea came from Rain.
Have noobships being equipped with probe launchers.

Now stop being wise asses, go there instead and clean house.

The only reason why there are station camping fags,
is because people rather whine than trying to change the status quo.

Sounds familiar, ey?



Only reason why there is station camping is because that is what happens in null.
And when someone does show up they dock, hence the reason for station hugging.
Time honored Null pvp tradition.
Cynter DeVries
Spheroidal Projections
#70 - 2014-12-13 16:42:25 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
As predicted.

This is the only thing I fault CCP for. They say "we don't know what the players will do" and it's as if they never saw what the players did.

This thread should be cross linked with the killmail addiction thread for more rounded illustration.


More content I won't be bothering with for the sake of bothering with it but hey maybe something will come up in a few years.

I'm guessing they knew this would happen during the initial rush but are hoping it turns into something else when things settle down. *shrug*

Cynter's Law of feature suggestion: Thou shalt not suggest NPCs do something players could do instead.

Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#71 - 2014-12-13 16:45:45 UTC
Syn Shi wrote:
Only reason why there is station camping is because that is what happens in null.
And when someone does show up they dock, hence the reason for station hugging.
Time honored Null pvp tradition.
Your post makes me assume you never visited a highsec tradehub.

While your point is perfectly valid, it's not restricted to null.
Null just has the advantage of bubbles, making camping even easier.

I can add something. The reason why people hug the station,
is because they're cowards who dock up at the slightest hint of danger.

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
Viral Society
#72 - 2014-12-13 16:56:17 UTC
Sol Project wrote:
Aralyn Cormallen wrote:
marVLs wrote:
It's not Thera problem, it's all about that incredible bad/lame gameplay mechanic which is: bubbles


I'll always maintain bubbles are awesome. They are pretty-much the only combat "terrain" we have, and the only such terrain we have the ability to place to alter the battlefield mid-fight.

Personally, I would be all for more and varied types of bubbles, or similar "anchorable aoe effects" - webbing bubbles, anchorable smartbomb units, energy neut zones, or bubble effects which mimic some of the wormhole effects within their zones. Quite frankly the sky is the limit.

Anchorable smartbomb units.
That's literally the best and most nullsec-breaking idea ever.

Think Rooks&Kings, but everywhere.

Everywhere!


Burn nullsec.
Literally.


I would literally plant one (or ten) at every gate I could get to.

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.

Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
Viral Society
#73 - 2014-12-13 16:57:37 UTC
Aiyshimin wrote:
It has 4 stations iirc



It needed about 20.

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.

Lucrii Dei
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#74 - 2014-12-13 17:00:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucrii Dei
Aralyn Cormallen wrote:
marVLs wrote:
It's not Thera problem, it's all about that incredible bad/lame gameplay mechanic which is: bubbles


I'll always maintain bubbles are awesome. They are pretty-much the only combat "terrain" we have, and the only such terrain we have the ability to place to alter the battlefield mid-fight.

Personally, I would be all for more and varied types of bubbles, or similar "anchorable aoe effects" - webbing bubbles, anchorable smartbomb units, energy neut zones, or bubble effects which mimic some of the wormhole effects within their zones. Quite frankly the sky is the limit.


Anchorable smart bombs... I think they existed once and they were mines. They were removed because they were really f*cking awful. Just like this idea.

╔═══ ♥ ═════════════╗

EVEcandy™; An EVE Gallery!

╚══════════════ ♥ ══╝

Ssabat Thraxx
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax
#75 - 2014-12-13 17:17:06 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
faggotry.



Not censored.

S c h m u c k
schmuck

Censored.

GG CCP \o/

\m/ O.o \m/

"You're a freak ..." - Solecist Project

Syn Shi
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#76 - 2014-12-13 17:19:18 UTC
Sol Project wrote:
Syn Shi wrote:
Only reason why there is station camping is because that is what happens in null.
And when someone does show up they dock, hence the reason for station hugging.
Time honored Null pvp tradition.
Your post makes me assume you never visited a highsec tradehub.

While your point is perfectly valid, it's not restricted to null.
Null just has the advantage of bubbles, making camping even easier.

I can add something. The reason why people hug the station,
is because they're cowards who dock up at the slightest hint of danger.



Who said it was restricted to Null.

Null players keep saying everyone should leave hi-sec and join them because that is where the real pvp happens.

Sadly, for most of the Null player base this is what they consider real pvp.

Eve's pvp player base is saturated with this type of low-risk pvp'r.


What's worse.

A carebear is obviously doesn't want to pvp or the null pvp'r who will only pvp if its a win, or they can run if it looks like they wont win.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2014-12-13 17:31:14 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Well as a wormholler I had high hopes for Thera.

But it turns out it turned into the usual docking games and high-sec hole-camping faggotry.

People either fight at zero on the high holes, or play docking games.

Noone even thinks of camping true w-w connections - too dangerous and scary, who knows what could be on the other side! Wimps.

I am disappointed. Thera is a null/low playground after all. True wormholes are better.

ohnoes, a free-for-all system is, in fact, being used as a free-for-all system?

shock and awe!

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Sol Project
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#78 - 2014-12-13 17:34:15 UTC
Syn Shi wrote:
Sol Project wrote:
Syn Shi wrote:
Only reason why there is station camping is because that is what happens in null.
And when someone does show up they dock, hence the reason for station hugging.
Time honored Null pvp tradition.
Your post makes me assume you never visited a highsec tradehub.

While your point is perfectly valid, it's not restricted to null.
Null just has the advantage of bubbles, making camping even easier.

I can add something. The reason why people hug the station,
is because they're cowards who dock up at the slightest hint of danger.



Who said it was restricted to Null.

Null players keep saying everyone should leave hi-sec and join them because that is where the real pvp happens.

Sadly, for most of the Null player base this is what they consider real pvp.

Eve's pvp player base is saturated with this type of low-risk pvp'r.


What's worse.

A carebear is obviously doesn't want to pvp or the null pvp'r who will only pvp if its a win, or they can run if it looks like they wont win.

You make it sound like it is something that has anything to do with nullsec, which it simply hasn't.
I guess this is more of a language-issue here and not really worth debating.

HighSec, LowSec, NullSec.
These people are all alike.

They're weak, cowardish carebears.

Ladies of New Eden YC 117 by Indahmawar Fazmarai

Warning: NSFW! Barely legal girls in underwear!

Diana Kim > AND THIS IS WHY THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!

Jenshae Chiroptera
#79 - 2014-12-13 17:38:06 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
I don't know why CCP doesn't just replicate what works in FW for null. Allow player made structures to show up on overview that provide some sort of benefit / incentive / isk without a quick get away. Like....ESS?

They have solutions to the camping / blobing play, I just hope they are going to add them soon. Either that or people prefer that type of gameplay and we are in the minority.


Considering that 71% of pilots are in high sec, I don't think null is a majority of anything.
Low Sec probably needs the changes.
It is neither fish nor bird and not the greatest of places for high-sec to dip their toes and play some PVP.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Iain Cariaba
#80 - 2014-12-13 17:39:26 UTC
Syn Shi wrote:
Sol Project wrote:
Syn Shi wrote:
Only reason why there is station camping is because that is what happens in null.
And when someone does show up they dock, hence the reason for station hugging.
Time honored Null pvp tradition.
Your post makes me assume you never visited a highsec tradehub.

While your point is perfectly valid, it's not restricted to null.
Null just has the advantage of bubbles, making camping even easier.

I can add something. The reason why people hug the station,
is because they're cowards who dock up at the slightest hint of danger.



Who said it was restricted to Null.

Null players keep saying everyone should leave hi-sec and join them because that is where the real pvp happens.

Sadly, for most of the Null player base this is what they consider real pvp.

Eve's pvp player base is saturated with this type of low-risk pvp'r.


What's worse.

A carebear is obviously doesn't want to pvp or the null pvp'r who will only pvp if its a win, or they can run if it looks like they wont win.

Show me one player in this entire game that plays to lose. Show me one player that, when outnumbered four, five, ten, hell, twenty to one decides it's a good idea to unlock and feed people kills. By your definition, every player in the game is a carebear, simply because they play to win.

If I think I have slightly better than even odds of winning a fight, I'll unlock and fight. If I'm looking at a sure loss, I stay safe. I'm fairly certain this is the average attitude among PvPers.